Newbie 647 - Over!!!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kairio
Kairio
Townie
Kairio
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:25 am

Post by Kairio »

Hey everybody! Looking forward to playing my first Mafia game lol.

Vote: Lord Gurgi
for having a far more awesome avatar than I could ever aspire to have.
Kairio
Kairio
Townie
Kairio
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by Kairio »

I completely agree! Way to go, guys!
Kairio
Kairio
Townie
Kairio
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:22 am

Post by Kairio »

This is my first game online, but I play a little bit in real life (with only Mafias, Doctors, Cops, and Townies lol).
Kairio
Kairio
Townie
Kairio
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Kairio »

I would love an apple-cinnamon muffin! :)

Are games on this forum usually this slow at the beginning?
Kairio
Kairio
Townie
Kairio
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:01 am

Post by Kairio »

As much as I think that SAO's older posts look scummy, I actually think that she's telling the truth as far as her current post goes. We all should remember that we're all relatively new here and are still trying to get to know how the game works, seeing as that's the point of having newbie games.

I honestly feel like I'm going to
unvote
, seeing as mine was one of the only random votes left, and I think we might be fully out of the random vote phase by now. Not sure who I'd like to vote for, I'll have to take a look at the entire topic when I have a little bit more time. :)
Kairio
Kairio
Townie
Kairio
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by Kairio »

Hey guys! I'm really sorry about being so lurky... I really wasn't sure how often to post to not appear lurky, and as far as the no-content posting, I really would rather not post than be accused of bandwagoning or not add anything to the conversation. I'll try to post more now! :D
1) SecretAgentOrange, or Alurin?
Ummmm... I find both to be scummy. Alurin more for avoiding the question and then posing these questions to all of us as to whom we find more scummy, and then not answering the questions? That seems like he's trying to get somebody in trouble while not getting himself in trouble. That seems odd to me. And as far as SAO goes, I can see two reads on her: either overeager to get this game going (which I'm sure everybody can understand and relate to) or scummy. Now, I'm more inclined to lean towards the overeager. However, not going to discount SAO as scum. I'm going to say that Alurin is the person who I think is more scummy.
2) Malyss, or Vir4030?
Ummmm... well, Malyss has just been kinda socially awkward for me. What I mean by this is that I'm willing to say that she's just not sure how to go about this as far as writing style goes and as far as trying to not be suspicious and still hold people accountable for scummy behavior. Again, this is something that most of us newbies can relate to. Vir4030, on the other hand, has been very good about his tone and those other things, but no one seems to suspect him of being scum. If he is, he's doing a very good job of not casting suspicion upon himself. A far as scumminess goes, I'm actually going to say that I think Vir4030 is the scummier.
3) Lord Gurgi, or Avangor?
With Lord Gurgi, again, I get kind of a good dodgy scum read, if he is. However, as far as Lord Gurgi, I don't think he's scummy, and he's not really high on my list.of scumminess. Avangor, also, I don't really get a read on, only because he like never posts. So, I'll give this to Avangor even though neither of them gives me much of the scummy feeling.
4) Katie, or OhGodMyLife?
Katie, as I also am, is guilty of the lurky-no-content posting. And I completely agree with Gurgi when he says that she's been posting random votes, posts defending SAO, and "I'm a newbie" posts. And OGML has also not really posted enough for me to get a read. However, as OGML is an IC I will give this to OGML as scum.
Kairio
Kairio
Townie
Kairio
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:00 am

Post by Kairio »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
Kairio wrote:With Lord Gurgi, again, I get kind of a good dodgy scum read, if he is. However, as far as Lord Gurgi, I don't think he's scummy, and he's not really high on my list.of scumminess.
That seems to contradict to me, which do you mean?
Damn. I must have been really tired. Basically, I was trying to say that if you are in the Mafia, you're doing a really good job of not... seeming scummy, if that makes sense? Yeah. I guess that was what I was trying to say lol.
Kairio
Kairio
Townie
Kairio
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:13 am

Post by Kairio »

Hey guys. Sorry for going MIA on you all, this weekend's been pretty crazy, what with the musical I was in opening on Thursday and closing on Saturday. Now I can be a lot more active, hopefully, in the forum and adding to the discussion.

As far as my vote goes, and as much as I hate to do this, I feel like Malyss has been acting very scummy. She has had a lot of logical inconsistencies, and I don't know of anyone else I could really vote for in good conscience.
Vote: Malyss
Kairio
Kairio
Townie
Kairio
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by Kairio »

I completely agree, Lord Gurgi. Awesome post, Jahudo, and welcome to what I hope will be a much better game now that we hopefully can all be active.

And as much as I can see your point that you feel that Malyss is more uncomfortable with the format of the game than her role, I still am getting a feeling that she may be playing up her "newbieness" to cover up for an inability to cover for a possibly scummy role.

Alright, everybody. When you don't post, the game isn't fun. If you're not going to post, ask to be replaced, because those of us who are active would like this game to be as entertaining and fun as possible, because that's why we're here lol.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”