Newbie 2064 - (GG)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Tue May 18, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by orctin »

haha - Hello Jackson, we together again looks like
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Tue May 18, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by orctin »

In post 10, JacksonVirgo wrote:VOTE: Orctin

Gotta vote the legend
Just the share the love - but no legend here
VOTE: JacksonVirgo
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:52 pm

Post by orctin »

No Elim depends where your from and played before, here they put a lot into the opening day trying to read everyone and making guesses based off what you say and whom you voted for - they like to have people make reads. I to am from other places where day 1 is typically a no elim - you can get into debates with others on the whole "well the odds are better..." thing
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Wed May 19, 2021 2:38 am

Post by orctin »

VOTE: dsjstr For not saying anything yet - wakeup there
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Wed May 19, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by orctin »

For sure quieter than the previous game i played here, we had a very aggressive player and stirred up a lot of posting very quickly. Everyone seems pretty laid back or laying low right now it seems
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by orctin »

In post 35, Micc wrote: I think orctin is at least somewhat responsible for our game’s underwhelming start since he demonstrated understanding that a certain amount of aggressiveness is good for moving the game along, but still chose to make a second RVS vote instead of being aggressive.
Actually no, it created a very tense and unpleasant game as the main antagonist was singular minded, and didn't listen to much in counter discussions but just called most people scum who went against them, the attacked the player more after they claimed a PR role basically being forced to out themselves in frustration, and after 8 days of day 1, when we finally ended the day - the player was wrong and cost us one of our town PR day 1 - Luckily a few of us managed to play our own game, and town won day 2. Jackson knows, he was part of the game.

I am not an aggressive player, i prefer to watch more, see where people go and look for connections - and right now Micc you seem to just be throwing a vote out there so you can basically say you did, no real reason behind it except to vote for me because i'm not aggressive enough for you? Seems pretty weak logic there. That is the fun part of this game, so many different personalities all come together.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #6) » Thu May 20, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by orctin »

This is total setup for me to hammer Micc - he's at E-1 i believe. At the moment he is high on my scum list but ending day early is generally a bad play. I'd rather allow him a chance to post before a hammer vote goes down

Aside from Micc i dont have much of a town/scum read otherwise really, it's just to early for me to draw those kind of conclusions. but some basic thoughts to help start people down that road.

Fizz Raab - playing the newbie card early
Salsabil Faria - seems knowledgeable on the game - countered to Micc's early push
Dum - new to forum game - able to speculate new opinion and pushed on missing player,
NinjaStore - Strong enough player to stand up for opinion
navigatorv - brought up a no-elim possibility which seems to be counter to most people here, strong enough to push back with some sound reasoning against micc
JacksonVirgo - Joke vote to myself just because we knew each other most likely - started out slow last time i seen him and seems to be doign the same - no read at this point
Micc - Seems quick to throw out heat to someone hoping to build quick attention on someone, pushed for someone to play a certain way but failed to back up his own simple reasoning
humaneatingmonkey-dsjstr - just replaced into game - simple post and vote - not much to read yet but was quick to throw a vote out there.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #7) » Fri May 21, 2021 2:24 am

Post by orctin »

In post 68, Micc wrote:
In post 65, orctin wrote: Salsabil Faria - seems knowledgeable on the game
Can you justify this one for me? I’m not seeing it at all.
Post 36 and 54 (dont know that "link to post shortcut") - demonstrated knowledge of the game and understanding overall reading of players and their town/scum position
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (isolation #8) » Fri May 21, 2021 9:12 am

Post by orctin »

VOTE: Micc

Sat back long enough to allow chance to not see Micc as scum but at this point i'm still not seeing a townie here. I think there is a couple decent reads here once a micc flip is revealed which should help deduce more about the rest of us here. Everything up to an elimination is pretty much a gamble and guesswork.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (isolation #9) » Fri May 21, 2021 9:50 am

Post by orctin »

In post 113, Micc wrote:Did you intend to hammer and miss because of Dum’s miscounting of votes? Or is this supposed to be a reaction test?
If i was going to hammer i would of done it earlier when it would of been a hammer
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #10) » Fri May 21, 2021 9:55 am

Post by orctin »

As i noted before i wanted you to have the time to respond yourself before any hammer came down - that's why i didn't vote for you before - Now that you have posted i'm still not reading you as town. And seeing Sum's now vote to myself is leaning me to your partner looking out for you - but that's a guess at this point. I seen Dum early while new to forum play isn't new to the game so they seem to be some strategy in mind in their post and vote. Is it a good one, no idea, but seems to forget i would of ended day already, i choose not to so a player had the time to defend themselves - They have now, and i'm not convinced so it was a simple vote to clarify that.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (isolation #11) » Fri May 21, 2021 9:57 am

Post by orctin »

(damn my spelling is horrible)
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (isolation #12) » Fri May 21, 2021 10:19 am

Post by orctin »

I knew votes had been withdrawn - i'm keeping up - i just didn't see a better vote choice at this time. HEM and Nav had both moved their votes elsewhere.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (isolation #13) » Fri May 21, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by orctin »

Your was a clear 3 hours before i put my vote up, 8 post later - it wasn't right after, so yea if i had come along and posted immediately after you - then you might have something but your fishing here with a long pole and coming up empty, and it was also after HEM put his vote on yourself.

And you still seem to ignore the fact that if all i wanted to do was Hammer Micc, I would of done it with . Would of been simple to just cast vote - end day, and get the flip. Instead i noted he was at E-1, left him the chance to post to defend himself, and i gave an opening town/scum read that while early was more just general observations.

You noted your going to be busy this weekend so not as active - i respect that, otherwise right now i'm really leaning to putting my vote on you
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (isolation #14) » Mon May 24, 2021 6:48 pm

Post by orctin »

Sorry for being quiet last couple days - got tied up with things - be getting caught up tomorrow in the thread and see where things are and new read
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (isolation #15) » Wed May 26, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by orctin »

Wow, lot been going on last couple of days here reading back

Welcome Johnny, nice quick post to get up to speed - replacing micc put you in a tough spot, still wondering what would game be like if i would of hammered him on 64 but i past is the past and i think it's given everyone more time to talk and see more sides of each other.

Nav - agree, he's looking pretty town at this point
Jackson - same - played with him before, town reading at this point as well

HEM - joined the game and didn't waste time getting into the spirit of the game, doesn't have issue being involved and going after people, perhaps light on his own explanations - middle road for me at this point

James - curious about the Nav vote - is he seeing something others arent - there's definitely a conflict between them but if it's TvT or TvS remains to be seen
Ninja - followed the same train of thoughts most did with Micc and Dum (perhaps the early fav for the scum team)

Fizz seems to be the hot seat candidate right now - a reactive player at this point, not one of the lead go getters but finding place to slip in with others
James and Nav seem to be playing against each other

I have no issue adding to a Fizz Elimination

Know i'm missing someone - post is to mainly get back into the game talking wise - apologies for being silent last two days, IRL crap taken care of now
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (isolation #16) » Wed May 26, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by orctin »

And damn - i feel like we need a list just to keep up with who's replaced whom - feels like half the players been replaced so far, lol
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (isolation #17) » Thu May 27, 2021 2:48 am

Post by orctin »

In post 330, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Orc - that almost hammer got me on tilt man
I still dont understand this "Almost hammer thing" - and it's not just you but a couple people - I didn't hammer micc back on post 64 when there was 4 votes on him - i made it clear then i was going to allow him a chance to post and explain his side - i waited allowing time for discussion, didn't see anything to change my mind and then added my vote to him - during that time other people had changed their votes and i'm getting called out for some trap play which is about the silliest thing i had heard of when it was clear he wasn't at E-1 at the time as i explained then.

Dum at this point moved himself into the suspect list for pushing some poorly played maneuver when i had made clear my position when i didn't hammer, and when i put the vote there. This to me was a scum play trying to push against myself to intimidate me into some kind of being afraid to vote thing or something, really i have no idea what he was doing cause anyone paying attention clearly knew what was up with the votes at the time. It was only cause he was going to be out for a few days that i didn't vote for him then.

You can see that i tend to put pressure on someone first - gauge their reaction, then look to vote. This whole setup here of people voting to gauge reaction is just backwards to my normal way of thinking and playing where i'm from.

Jackson - Hope you find some peace there, or bit of chill time, so far i had a town read on you and would only vote to elim you if it was a general concensious of the group. I know we had the other game that was just a huge hate fest battle thanks to the other guy and know two game of what can be seen as anger posting battles can be stressful to someone.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (isolation #18) » Thu May 27, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by orctin »

My old vote was still sitting on micc/Johnny and at this time no reason for it to still be there - as far as the end of day coming - i'm watching how things unfold - the votes seem to be headed to Jackson and Fizz, I lean to Jackson more townread at this time so of the two i have to put my vote to Fizz in this situation

VOTE: Fizz
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #578 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by orctin »

So we have basically started this day getting straight into it

Jackson versus Ninja seems to be the early theme - I had read jackson town during day 1 and hadn't really looked to alter that much - but the suspicion of a JV/Dum pairing does raise the eyebrows there. I do also notice which seems like HEM backing ninja's play early voting for JV before even giving much of a reason for it. That's always suspect to me as i tend to feel people should have some reason behind their votes instead of just a quick vote, But there was expanded back and forth afterwards, as if players seem to think they need the vote to get another's attention. HEM did that one day 1 when he joined the game as well.

Far as Nav versus James i think that's to been seen yet - expecting more to come of that.

That whole "hammer early debate" thing that started things off - I can see the reasoning behind it as far as a longer day benefits town but threatening players and noting that since we have made this post anyone that quick votes is most likely a townie who doesn't know better, seems such a suspect thing to say. It's basically giving scum a quick thing to claim if they did hammer, to just say, "oh my mistake i didn't know better". I dislike trying to quantify putting possible votes/eliminations in a box - every game is different, people are different, and trying to sort out every game into a set of "unwritten rules" to be carried out by the older more experienced players hampers the growth of new players. Prefer to let the games unfold as the do.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #593 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:15 am

Post by orctin »

In post 582, JamesTheNames wrote:
Can we expect more input from you orctin? and give contradicting statements as to how you play, it would be nice for a clarification which one is true.
I don't understand the sudden switch from nobody believing me regarding a JacksonVirgo/Dum pair in day 1, then all of a sudden, Ninja and Orctin both going with it.

For anyone wondering the test did not go well, but I just need 1.4% or higher to pass this year.
I'm not seeing what you calling contradicting - in both cases and as i keep say i prefer to allow discussion before voting instead of just voting to push the issue. It to me is the logical course of action in a game.

As far as your question on the JV/Dum thing - I keep an open mind and trying not to form hard opinion - but see things from other angles to help see what i might miss, which is why i noted that seeing your reference to the Pairing caught my attention as something i might of missed and was worth noting. This format of play is still new to me as i'm more used to a "role madness" game where everyone gets some type of info/action - the whole speculate to speculate is out of my wheelhouse.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #594 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:24 am

Post by orctin »

The whole replacing players makes me nuts as well but seems to be the way here. I was looking at Micc early on and probably Dum paired with him. Then we got James, Johnny and HEM swapped in to replace players and now JV getting replaced - this seems almost like a broken system to me and we not replacing 4 of the 9 people who started the game. But i guess that's mostly my OCD issues but it's like if people dont like the way the game is going for them they just opt out.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #596 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:49 am

Post by orctin »

Jackson - at this point i'm looking at changing my opinion of him - I played game with him prior to this so had bit of bias to liking the player - but the frustration tactic day 1 to back off the attacks on themselves then the looking to opt out make me think we have a scum who basically have given up defending themselves now

Dum - I've been leary about Dum since game started - the whole Hammer trap he tried to play was just a bad play, and moreso when i had clearly made my position known before then and it was obvious there was no trap as the votes had been posted - this was a weak attempt to make me appear as if i was just trying to do something that i had already shown not to do - end day early.

HEM - aggressive player, just goes right out after people, attacking and going after reads which seem to be singular minded but strong played in your positions. If i were to look for scum tells here i would have to put HEM and James together in a pairing where they counter each other at points to keep the unpaired appearance. I would think the quick Voting HEM does is also bad, as could be a scum tell to be the early person on a vote, see if it hold ground by trying to get others to go along with it and so as to not appear as a late comer to the train.

James - for the most part i read as town, I like his questioning nature to look at things first to form an opinion. I haven't seen a pairing yet with him but that would basically make him a good pairing with myself if i were looking at scum read pair from outside the looking glass.

Nav/Ninja - Nav - i think here's a high likelyhood of pushing the scum look on a player gameplay, that again i was biased to as i played with before (JV), to push him to that breaking point some people have. Nav is playing the excellent townie role, and have most people believing he's town, which if most people think one thing it's the job of the last person to ask if it's true, i wonder if there is perhaps a great scum player lurking here. Ninja - This the Ying to Nav's Yang - Ninja is thoughtful - looking at Both HEM and JV and trying to read between the lines of the two of them looking for those clues others might of missed. But overall i think Nav/Ninja seem to both fit in the same mold here. I would think if JV flips Town - one of the two of them is scum.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #599 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:11 am

Post by orctin »

A tactic of a scum player pushing another person to appear as the scummie - there's been a lot of Push onto Jackson - both in playstyle, and overall back and forth - scum can find a player they identify as a weaker player who cant defend themselves well or get frustrated easy and target that player to make them appear as scum be not being able to handle the pressure of the game. This is my own take as i been playing this game for years, and have used this tactic myself before as all's fair in mafia :) Course afterwards i usually talked to the person to help them understand what happened and how to improve on their own gameplay for next time.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #607 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by orctin »

In post 38:
"I am not an aggressive player, i prefer to watch more"
In post 374:
"You can see that i tend to put pressure on someone first"

Same logic as i been pointing out - I tend to offer discussion first then voting - lot of people tend to vote first then discuss - Putting pressure in discussion isn't aggression - slapping quick votes for force discussion to me is aggressive - there's a difference

And thanks Cat and Ninja - didn't even realize - I'm not keeping a note sheet or anything - just playing off day to day chat and game, and trying to add some pairing thoughts to expand reads more than just one player - so i'm not sitting there over analyzing what i post - i just type and post what flows from fingers to keyboard
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #609 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by orctin »

That's cause there's 2 ways to look at things - first was from a HEM View - and if HEM was scum - then who would i put with him - James fit that line of thought because of their counterpoints. When i came to James i Look from another angle, If i was to read James as scum, I think honestly a much wider scope of who's with him because his place is different,

So your looking at two angles - one from the Hem angle - who to pair with him - the other from the James angle - and who would pair with him. I dont read them the same way but view it as two totally different situation so you cant just automatically put one with the other in looking both ways
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #612 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by orctin »

Wow, so one dimensional. It quite simple really - If HEM was scum then i read James as a likely partner cause how they play offer each other and James isn't town.
If James is scum - i don't automatically associate HEM as his scum partner - I think there is a much broader range of people i would look to as a partner in a James scum read, and in that instance i'm looking at HEM as town, so i'm looking at other possible partners that fit James.

With 2 scum your looking at things from 2 angles - not just a single angle else you get stuck in only 1 train of thought and become blind to other possibilities. Just because i might lean to a pairing in one direction doesn't mean if flipped i think the same pairing has to hold true. Town sound never become 1 dimensional but look at all the sides.

But Cat i look enjoy how your suddenly creating a target to draw away the attention your former self JV had on him trying to push to someone else - it's a solid play on your part. I'm sorry to say it doesn't clear the issue others had of looking at a JV elimination. Perhaps you might help the others understand better why is is your not scum. I had read JV myself as town for most of Day 1 - it's more what others have pointed out that have cause me to second guess that original thought. Again, trying to look at things from different angles.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #622 (isolation #27) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:50 am

Post by orctin »

In post 620, catboi wrote:
In post 616, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 605, catboi wrote:Second, can anyone else tell me the huge, glaring problem with this reads list?
IIoA
This isn't quite what I was getting at, but it's a significant problem I had with a lot of his earlier posts and was fairly surprised to not see mention of it from anyone.

What bothered me the most is that he's seemingly leaving himself open to vote almost anyone - 5/6 of the reads are explanations for why someone
could
be scum, and only James makes it out as a townread. I'm a super paranoid player, but that just doesn't strike me as believable. It doesn't feel like the process of someone trying to narrow the game into who is/is not scum, but rather someone who wants to be able to justify a vote on anyone if that's the way the wind is blowing. The whole thing is extremely scummy to me, and fits with a general trend where orctin doesn't really appear to scumhunting but instead just makes himself open to vote the popular target at the moment, as happened with micc and fizz raab.
Seriously - Are you overlooking the fact that if i had wanted to i would of hammered Micc back on post 64 and been done with him. But i preferred to allow him the chance to defend himself - it was only after he had time to post and talk that i decided he didn't give me cause to not believe him so i voted for him. I made my intentions perfectly clear. Then had to listen to the silly Dum trap post scam as if someone couldn't keep up with the voting and see what's going on.

It was after the Dum scheme that the attack on JV started up. So if you want to look for a scum pair - i suggest you start there. The original intent of their play was to push on me then thru Dum but somehow JV became the target afterward and it ballooned from there is what i seen. Fizz had poor defense of himself, it was general town consensus to eliminate him, I agree with town. Yes it was a bad vote but that's not on myself there.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #627 (isolation #28) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:55 am

Post by orctin »

Have to admit - i love how you like to twist words around to make them fit your agenda there.

VOTE: Dum

Yea i've been reading Dum as scum ever since the whole trap post thing. I been allowing others to lead things as i got distracted for a couple days IRL and had lost the vibe of the game so had to reel it back in. You guys want a "put a name up and stick with it approach" - there you go - Dum been top of the scum board for me for most the game, so let's put the cookies where they go and see what lands then.

Seems everyone here is all about you have to be always on someone instead of trying to read the game and all the people, which to me is a bad way to play the game. We're in a game where it's basically he said/she said, no info and everyone just trying to push on someone and gauge their reactions to finding scum. I've played one other game here, and this one there and both games i've seen how it's a push till they break mentality setup which to be honest isn't really a fun style of game so probably my last of these as i just dont enjoy it. Heck if someone makes a joke people try to overread it.

And as i've noted - i had JV town read most the game - but i was open to looking at what others were saying to see if i was incorrect in my thoughts. Am i wrong there, no idea, but i do enjoy seeing the sudden push to flip it to me. Hopefully it helps others with there reads.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #636 (isolation #29) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by orctin »

In post 633, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 627, orctin wrote:Have to admit - i love how you like to twist words around to make them fit your agenda there.
And as i've noted - i had JV town read most the game - but i was open to looking at what others were saying to see if i was incorrect in my thoughts. Am i wrong there, no idea, but i do enjoy seeing the sudden push to flip it to me. Hopefully it helps others with there reads.
Correct me if I am wrong, is your entire issue with JacksonVirgo's slot the fact they got replaced?
What?? what part of i have had JV Town Read most the whole game doesn't make sense??? I wasn't the one who had issues with him, and been harping on him most the whole game.

I noted i was open to relooking at it because of others opinion and if i took his frustration as a scum play along with his opt out - did he opt out cause he had given up fighting against some of yall and felt he wasn't going to win in the long run as scum.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #639 (isolation #30) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by orctin »

So me reading JV town most the whole game but as things unfold and stuff happens i start to question that read makes me scum??

Well if you eliminate me going to be an interesting next day for rest of yall trying to figure out how a scum push went thru so easy. Jv was suspect - he gets swapped and there's a sudden change of momentum to who's scummy. Quite a twist there i have to admit.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #696 (isolation #31) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:56 am

Post by orctin »

In post 685, Super wrote:
hmmm, I don't hate this post (except for the fact Orc is attacking poor innocent Dum Dum here, bless their soul). Orc do you think you've pushed players this game to get a read of them? what are your strongest reads? I guess you scumread my slot the most based on Dum's gambit thing but it hasn't felt like you've pressured them or anyone is particular to get a read on them? what are your thoughts on catboi's entrance/push on you? what about monkey's sudden push on you and follow of jackson's slot (who they had previously just scumread???)
I haven't really Push on people since back when it was Dum and Micc as my scum reads - I believed that micc was scum and the "Trap Play" that Dum did was attempt to pull attention away from micc. What was odd is we have multiple votes on Micc, I offered a chance for him to post in defense, then after a day, and people started pulling votes off i voted for micc as had seen nothing to change my original opinion. I then get called out by Dum for basically voting as i have noted i would the day before but waited. The Death of Johnny (Micc) showed that we were wrong about micc but didn't give me much pause on Dum as i still felt the Trap play of his was poor attempt to make someone look scum.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #697 (isolation #32) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:04 am

Post by orctin »

Catboi (JV) enterance and HEM's response seemed off - Ninja and Monkey were pushing a JV elim but Cat comes in, and shortly after with the help of James there's a quick change of opinion. Monkey and Ninja had JV as their cum ready for several days, so even a Cat swapping shouldn't change this as the Cat still holds the same alignment as JV did, so what changed?

I had noted in my post where i was looking for Pairs, as their are two scum i felt perhaps we should look at pairing as well, Hem and James were a likely pair because the two of them are not voting together, but do play off each other well, each having their own player they were after or pushing - this is why i said that the two of them would make a good pair.

I had also noted that i see different possible pairs in reading James - Yes if Hem was scum then i can see James as well with him. But I looked at it another way in if James is scum - i can see a couple options that went with him - not just HEM, for which i get beat up for because i have a more open mind look at things - Example of what i mean is i can easily see a James/Ninja matchup - Ninja was also pushing on JV, While James played toward NAV, I cant see a HEM/Ninja Pair or a James/Nav Pair as they wouldn't be voting together as they had. But i do read 2 scum working together to spread town out and keep them defensive on multiple fronts.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #698 (isolation #33) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:05 am

Post by orctin »

James sudden attack and questioning my wording and thoughts also give me pause on him. Seems he thinks people have to think one way and i dont fit that mold and never have, and dont care to. So yes a Monkey/James pair is still very much a possibility to me. But i also noted that Ninja joined the party on this. So i had 3 players and a 4th with Cat now questioning myself. It was at that time i decided to show that i still had Dum as my scum read. Who would be paired with Dum, i'm unsure of that. If Dum is in fact Scum i would have to say him and his partner are doing well to avoid each other
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #699 (isolation #34) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:12 am

Post by orctin »

As Far as the game here - Yes i have decided i hate this format and game setup - We have 9 people, 5 have been replaced - a 6th will be most likely soon - This is a slow play game that is focused of read people - yet we are changing people out more than we haven't now - so those of us left as original starters int he game, Myself, Ninja, Nav i feel are at more of a disadvantage - the Whole JV to Cat swap is a great example of this where people been harping on JV for days now, Cat swaps in and suddenly it's as if their whole JV reads and attack are gone now.

I will note one thing about me as i wont quit a game, IRL stuff may happen and i didn't post a lot for 2 days but to signup for games then quit them, i hope has some kind of repercussions here can it hurts the other players long term. If i play more games here i will lave to look up more faster paced games as my first game here was a mess with a Bully overpowering the game (and was totally wrong and we won as town ignoring him finally) and now this one where over half the people are replaced.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #747 (isolation #35) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by orctin »

Welcome Super and unwnd

The whole hammer thing came up multiple times so i felt i needed to reply to it - Did i push Dum or micc at the time, no - I wanted to see how they responded - We all know the game here so i dont feel the need to put additional push on people, i had made the position known, and left it open for response.

And yes, A lot of the Dum read did come from that play, i felt it was a poor attempt to take a situation and turn it against someone who i thought i had made my position clear. Dum had been on my scumread since then.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #752 (isolation #36) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by orctin »

In post 745, Super wrote:
why are you upset that the Jackson attacks are gone now? did you scumread Jackson or are you mad cos you're mafia and people replacing out kinda fucks with getting town elimmed? sorry if that is mean-ish but it feels like you're upset about the game and I'm unsure if it's coming from a scum-perspective or not
I'm not upset - i'm just point it out as something odd. I had clearly noted JV as town most the game. I back JV in the game we both played before, I avoided the whole conflict here this time cause really didn't want to get into a pissing match again with people like that game.

And there are two scum in the game - to only make single reads is only playing half the game - they are playing off each other - so why should we not look for those possible pairings? It will only help later when we do eliminate a scum to help identify the other.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #757 (isolation #37) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by orctin »

In post 714, catboi wrote:No, those literally mean the exact opposite, ninjastore - orctin in his reads list was reading James as town and said "I haven't seen a pairing yet with him", which seemingly implied he had no viable partners. The explanation he gave after being questioned on this is the exact opposite of that. How are you pretending not to see this?
What Ninja said was exactly what i meant and stated - I didn't say James was town, i was noting that a partner to him would not have to be Monkey, but could be multiple people because of how playstyle and voting goes.
In post 755, Super wrote:I kinda respect the fact Ninja was voting Micc all up until the end - and then him dying just doesn't make much sense to me from a Ninja scum perspective
This i agree with as well - and something i hadn't brought up - Micc was scum read by a couple people - for him to die, as Johnny, flipping town seemed odd as "Why kill him?" He was clearly going to be a player drawing interest and attention, so why eliminate a player that basically helped a scum player
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #781 (isolation #38) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by orctin »

The whole game i had said i felt JV was town - So stick that in your "zero town reading pipe" and smoke it. Really getting irritating when people take what i say and twist it around cause they are so one dimensional in their thinking

How bout you read all of what i say and not just take 1 sentence as the whole meaning - in that post i was looking at pairs -

I had started directly above that line that i could see a HEM/James pair and why - or are you just blind to reading what you want to to help your arguments?

I then looked at it from just a James position - and yes i could see him "mostly" as town - But just because i think someone might be town - doesn't make it so - and if it's not so then who would he pair with. I was simply noting i didn't have a good idea of who would be a good pair with him, if he was scum and Monkey was town. As i know i'm not scum i didn't put much weight into it - but it doesn't mean i just give him a pass - i don't give anyone a pass - It's part of the game cause the best scum player will be the most town looking player out there. I refuse to be one dimensional and not suspect everyone of playing scum well

VOTE: catboi
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #785 (isolation #39) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by orctin »

I did - But apparently everyone backed off eliminating Micc - and lamblasted me for voting for him cause of Dum's silly tactics - was i wrong about Micc - yes - just as yall were wrong about Fizz
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #787 (isolation #40) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:56 pm

Post by orctin »

Pot calling the kettle black there much? At this point i have found my "opportunistic scum"
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #809 (isolation #41) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:36 am

Post by orctin »

Oh so now someone wants to read pairs after I get told i shouldn't be reading scum pairings?

And i have answered plenty of questions these past days unwnd, i have tried to respond to any people had - even if they didn't like my answers
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #811 (isolation #42) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:14 am

Post by orctin »

In post 744, Super wrote: stop looking for pairs, I haven't really been thinking of pairs at this point
Wasn't you Cat - was just noting in general
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #867 (isolation #43) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by orctin »

Vanilla Townie

I fought for last few days answer everyone interrogations and question, explained my positioned - pointed out that the Night 1 killing of Johnny didn't fit with me as scum as i was after Micc/Johnny for most all of Day 1. Seems no matter my response it just gets twisted to mean something else instead of what i meant. I've noting the sudden flipping of voting from others who when a player gets swapped in, suddenly starts voting elsewhere instead of sticking with their reads, yes question me cause my reads are up to their liking.

I've tried to defend myself best i can, and have gotten nowhere. I've noted pairings for yall, so when i flip town i suggest you look harder at those pairs cause next day you cant afford to miss eliminate.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #868 (isolation #44) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:50 pm

Post by orctin »

" yes question me cause my reads are up to their liking."

Yet Question me cause my reads aren't up to their liking - darn fat fingered keyboard

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”