Newbie 2084: Signs [game over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:40 pm

Post by Greeting »

Good morning! The number I thought of today was #5 and player #5 is VOTE: AsuStuckey.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:38 am

Post by Greeting »

This game surely got off to a slow start.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:24 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 21, marcistar wrote: do u want to spice it up :twisted:
In what way? :cool:
In post 22, marcistar wrote:ill explain a bit on the cape90 being town thing ig

i liked his starting post (), it didn't seem nervous at all, i expect scum to be a bit nervous.
then i liked alot actually, which is what stuck "cape90 = town" in my head originally. the taking the "locktown" as a townread on meg azurmarill at face value, while some people might think not understanding a joke = scummy, i don't think that would be the case here. gives good vibes following that. i think hes not thinking too deeply into stuff, while scum would think deeply and be like "what if i say something weird aaaa i need to understand this aaa" and would analyze it more before posting. i also like how it seems like hes poking at things.
Why do you expect scum to be a bit nervous?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:30 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 25, Datisi wrote:beep
I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes
I saw the sign
[..]
I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes
I saw the sign

(yes, this is a very clever reference to the theme of this game and what basically the mod is trying to say)

The problem seems to be, that it's not the people who already checked the thread, and therefore had seen this inconspicuous mod prod, that are idle. :dead:
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Greeting »

Oh, so it wasn't a mod prod but a placeholder.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:51 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 44, AsuStuckey wrote:Ah Sorry Im late but im ready to get in the groove of this Mafia game

Im not really into voting someone of the bat (even if they havnt made a post yet), since there is players like me that might just be late to the game
I love this song!

UNVOTE: AsuStuckey
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:56 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 29, marcistar wrote:
In post 24, Greeting wrote:
In post 21, marcistar wrote: do u want to spice it up :twisted:
In what way? :cool:
"speedwagon somebody.."

idk we can either:
-1v1 for no reason
-attack somebody together
ur choice :cool:
Let's say I do. Who is your choice and why?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:09 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 47, marcistar wrote:
In post 45, Greeting wrote:
In post 44, AsuStuckey wrote:Ah Sorry Im late but im ready to get in the groove of this Mafia game

Im not really into voting someone of the bat (even if they havnt made a post yet), since there is players like me that might just be late to the game
I love this song!

UNVOTE: AsuStuckey
what do you love so much abt it that made you unvote?
Madonna is an
icon
. I can't keep RVS-ing someone who reminded me of Madonna by accidental usage of a phrase which made me think of an iconic song.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:17 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 49, marcistar wrote:
In post 46, Greeting wrote: Let's say I do. Who is your choice and why?
prob meg, since I wanna solve them and I feel like it might be more benefical to do it earlier on.
Coincidentally, that is the only player in this game that I've known before from another game, and whom I kinda had a tough time with. Interesting.

Then again, there is one RVS at MegAzumarill right now. With me and you counted in, he will be put at E-2 immediately. Are you sure about that?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:04 am

Post by Greeting »

I actually misread the vote tally. It’s MegAzumarill who is voting Meuh, not the opposite. Which makes this even safer as even with three votes they will still only be at E-2, not E-1.
In post 53, Cape90 wrote:Funny how you all are suggesting MegAzumarill when I was thinking the same thing. Just feels like they have been putting off doing anything useful this game at all and are using as a sort of cover (even if this isn't the case, I still dislike this post).

The other person is Mueh because fundamentally seems counter intuitive in, well, trying to solve the game, at least early on.
Though I sort of like from Mueh as I find it at the very least a good post so they can stay.

VOTE: MegAzumarill

:twisted:
I’ve been townreading you, Cape90.

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 64, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 60, Meuh wrote:
In post 55, MegAzumarill wrote:It's a personal policy to not start scumhunting till we are certain there are actually scum playing

Nothing that has happened so far has really warranted anything yet though
Well that’s the thing, us discussing is how we create things we can then discuss and read each other off of. I don’t think we should start wagons until all have spoken, but there’s no reason not to throw in some smaller scale reads and create the basic playing field we need to obtain to become productive as a town :oops:
I agree it's probably objectively bad for town but as a player I typically do 1 of 2 things.

1 Form reads slowly but have confidence in them
2 Jump on someone that I think is scummy early and death tunnel them forever (ask Greeting)

More interestingly I would like to know why Greeting/Cape think my behavior is AI.
In post 70, MegAzumarill wrote:I would also reiterate I want to hear Greeting's reasons for suspecting me so far. I think it's an important point
I wouldn't say that I find you suspicious so far. As to why my vote is where it is, I'm... testing stuff. This will be pretty vague but let me just say that if I truly wanted this wagon to succeed and had definite thoughts that you were scum, I wouldn't be worrying about you reaching E-2 or E-1.
marcistar wrote: mm yeah, putting people at e-2 isnt too bad of a thing i think..? as long as we would make it obv. we could always unvote if it looks like some people are setting up for a quick hammer as well.
i agree with (i forgot who said this, but them :P), why are u so worried about numbers..? e-1 is where we should be sweating, but if u scumread someone or think somethings helpful, whats bad about putting them to e-2..?
Why am I worried about putting someone at E-2? Because we have two scums who can easily jump on a wagon and seal it. Also, I'm not having someone eliminated without proof or at least a feeling. Wagons can also be used for other purposes than actually voting someone out and that's what I want to do.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:22 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 108, ProHawk wrote:I had gotten some scummy vibes from the questions that Greeting had initially put out like they were questions for the sake of questions without any follow up.
To which questions are you referring?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:43 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 96, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 91, Greeting wrote:
In post 64, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 60, Meuh wrote:
In post 55, MegAzumarill wrote:It's a personal policy to not start scumhunting till we are certain there are actually scum playing

Nothing that has happened so far has really warranted anything yet though
Well that’s the thing, us discussing is how we create things we can then discuss and read each other off of. I don’t think we should start wagons until all have spoken, but there’s no reason not to throw in some smaller scale reads and create the basic playing field we need to obtain to become productive as a town :oops:
I agree it's probably objectively bad for town but as a player I typically do 1 of 2 things.

2 Jump on someone that I think is scummy early and death tunnel them forever (ask Greeting)

More interestingly I would like to know why Greeting/Cape think my behavior is AI.
In post 70, MegAzumarill wrote:I would also reiterate I want to hear Greeting's reasons for suspecting me so far. I think it's an important point
I wouldn't say that I find you suspicious so far. As to why my vote is where it is, I'm... testing stuff. This will be pretty vague but let me just say that if I truly wanted this wagon to succeed and had definite thoughts that you were scum, I wouldn't be worrying about you reaching E-2 or E-1.
marcistar wrote: mm yeah, putting people at e-2 isnt too bad of a thing i think..? as long as we would make it obv. we could always unvote if it looks like some people are setting up for a quick hammer as well.
i agree with (i forgot who said this, but them :P), why are u so worried about numbers..? e-1 is where we should be sweating, but if u scumread someone or think somethings helpful, whats bad about putting them to e-2..?
Why am I worried about putting someone at E-2? Because we have two scums who can easily jump on a wagon and seal it. Also, I'm not having someone eliminated without proof or at least a feeling. Wagons can also be used for other purposes than actually voting someone out and that's what I want to do.
I'm really more concerned with the why you got here than the actual result itself.

If you say you're testing something you don't need to reveal quite yet but I would like the why revealed by eod
You got it.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:46 am

Post by Greeting »

@
Prism
be like

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #14) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:49 am

Post by Greeting »

@
marcistar
are you jumping ship on Meg or not?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:41 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 119, MegAzumarill wrote:VOTE: Greeting

This is the spicy wagon.
Why is that?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:46 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 121, Meuh wrote:Greeting's at E-2, no one else jump on the wagon, E-2 isn't risky but E-1 could be exploited by scum :eek:
I can't help but notice that... you're also on that wagon.

I assume that you're voting me out because you think I'm scum. But if I'm scum, then how exactly is my partner going to exploit this wagon?
And if you don't want to vote me out then why are you on my wagon, may I ask?

With this post you sound like someone who wants to sound like a genuine newbie, but what you said doesn't really make any sense. Unless you're doing something similar to what I'm doing with MegAzumarill's wagon.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #17) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:51 am

Post by Greeting »

Something
really weird
is happening with my wagon tbf. I already stated my intentions when it comes to MegAzumarill and promised that I would explain what I'm doing. It seems like in the meantime the game has drifted towards me and I don't even know how to defend myself, because I don't know why am I suddenly the leading wagon. :dead:
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #18) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:00 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 125, ProHawk wrote:
In post 123, Greeting wrote:Something
really weird
is happening with my wagon tbf. I already stated my intentions when it comes to MegAzumarill and promised that I would explain what I'm doing. It seems like in the meantime the game has drifted towards me and I don't even know how to defend myself, because I don't know why am I suddenly the leading wagon. :dead:
What do you feel is strange about your wagon?
Scum led or town led?
I definitely don't see Meuh as a townread. Maybe too soon too tell if they're a scumread, but that's someone I'm not trusting.

I was reading MegAzumarill neutrally until he decided to hop on too, in with zero explanation as to why he's done that whatsoever. Actually, it annoyed me that he did that, not because it's me that he's voting off, but because I wanted to put him as a soft townlean and this was like a U-turn towards scum territory in my mind. It's really easy to vote out someone who is actually plotting to do something, but just can't deliver the results immediately. I feel like scum can exploit that.

Nevertheless, I am waiting for my answers.

I can't help but notice that you didn't answer mine () as well.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #19) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:42 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 127, Meuh wrote:
In post 122, Greeting wrote:
In post 121, Meuh wrote:Greeting's at E-2, no one else jump on the wagon, E-2 isn't risky but E-1 could be exploited by scum :eek:

I assume that you're voting me out because you think I'm scum. But if I'm scum, then how exactly is my partner going to exploit this wagon?

With this post you sound like someone who wants to sound like a genuine newbie, but what you said doesn't really make any sense. Unless you're doing something similar to what I'm doing with MegAzumarill's wagon.
I think you're the player most likely to be mafia, but it's a page 6 read, I'm not confident in it. You could be town and I wouldn't be too shocked. :eek:
Also, there's no benefit to not being careful here! Another thing to consider would be time as a resource, spending more time today talking will benefit us long term, there's no reason to want you hammered this early, even if I knew 100% that you were maf.

I am doing something similar to what you're doing with Meg's wagon
but you'll notice 2 things:
-It's not the focal points of the posts I made before voting for you (which it was for you before voting for Meg, while I casted actual suspicion before voting)
-I'm scared about E-1, not E-2, which I think is something scum could actually take advantage of here. They'd throw in a vote on you, say it was an accidental hammer and move on, it's something mafia could try to do here and I'd rather not deal with something of the sort.

So no, I don't want you to be hammered here, I think it'd be bad. :cool:
Okay, so if you are testing something, then what is it that you're testing?

You really barely answered any of my questions.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #20) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:44 am

Post by Greeting »

The game definitely sped up and went elsewhere, to the point that my original idea with MegAzumarill's wagon might actually not work and become irrelevant. But I'll still wait until tomorrow morning.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #21) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:56 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 140, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 130, Greeting wrote:
In post 127, Meuh wrote:
In post 122, Greeting wrote:

I think you're the player most likely to be mafia, but it's a page 6 read, I'm not confident in it. You could be town and I wouldn't be too shocked. :eek:
Also, there's no benefit to not being careful here! Another thing to consider would be time as a resource, spending more time today talking will benefit us long term, there's no reason to want you hammered this early, even if I knew 100% that you were maf.

I am doing something similar to what you're doing with Meg's wagon
but you'll notice 2 things:
-It's not the focal points of the posts I made before voting for you (which it was for you before voting for Meg, while I casted actual suspicion before voting)
-I'm scared about E-1, not E-2, which I think is something scum could actually take advantage of here. They'd throw in a vote on you, say it was an accidental hammer and move on, it's something mafia could try to do here and I'd rather not deal with something of the sort.

So no, I don't want you to be hammered here, I think it'd be bad. :cool:
Okay, so if you are testing something, then what is it that you're testing?

You really barely answered any of my questions.

You have already said (strongly implied) that you did not to wish to reveal the reasons of your "test" in town's interests. Why would you push for a similar play to be revealed?
Why wouldn't I?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #22) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 142, MegAzumarill wrote:If revealing a similar play wouldn't be benificial to the town, what makes you think revealing this would be?
There are different degrees of similarity. If Meuh has a reason to keep their secret, I won't be a hypocrite and I will respect that. Except it seems that they don't have a secret nor a secret play ().

Is it so very bad that I want to know why I got put on E-2 so fast? Your reason was so obvious that virtually no one knew it, Meuh stated theirs in an earlier post but then made a post which made me question their motives completely () and ProHawk said very little about supposed unanswered questions.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #23) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 144, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 143, Greeting wrote:
In post 142, MegAzumarill wrote:If revealing a similar play wouldn't be benificial to the town, what makes you think revealing this would be?
There are different degrees of similarity. If Meuh has a reason to keep their secret, I won't be a hypocrite and I will respect that. Except it seems that they don't have a secret nor a secret play ().
That post was after your actions, yet you use it to justify them?
I knew he wasn't making sense right after I saw , I just wanted to expose it.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #24) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Greeting »

Sorry, *she.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #25) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:25 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 138, MegAzumarill wrote:I thought it was pretty well established the wagon on Greeting is because their content feels manufactured.
I agreed and asked for elaboration and didn't like their response.
In fact I think some of their recent posting indicates scum.
What did you not like about my response?

The fact that I openly stated what I was doing, only withholding
why
I was doing it?
Or the fact that you asked for me to elaborate on it by the end of day and I said yes?

I honestly fail to see your logic.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #26) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:31 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 151, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 148, Greeting wrote:
In post 138, MegAzumarill wrote:I thought it was pretty well established the wagon on Greeting is because their content feels manufactured.
I agreed and asked for elaboration and didn't like their response.
In fact I think some of their recent posting indicates scum.
What did you not like about my response?

The fact that I openly stated what I was doing, only withholding
why
I was doing it?
Or the fact that you asked for me to elaborate on it by the end of day and I said yes?

I honestly fail to see your logic.

For the reasons I elaborated on in the following posts, as well as I have yet to see much reads from your direction, much less those that feel like a natural process.
I've already stated some reads, admittedly with little justification, but that will also be done when I feel like it.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #27) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:33 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 136, marcistar wrote:
In post 116, Greeting wrote:@
marcistar
do u want me to..?
im still trying to think a lil bit :(
Let's say I
do
want you to jump on his wagon. What do you say to that?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #28) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 157, MegAzumarill wrote:
Rereading Greeting's ISO in Newbie 2081 the above quote stood out. Overall Greeting's play in that game (where we both were town)
is a lot more transparent than their play here

The above quote is essentially Greeting scumreading someone for about the same qualities they exhibit this game (lack of reads)
This matters because players (especially new ones) most often scum read behaviors that they themselves do as scum.

I'm going to read their other game on-site in a minute.
Well done, keeping temporarily a secret and admitting to it is
not
, as a matter of fact, transparent. Image

I've also played in N2078 and N2082 (
this one is unfinished though!
) which are conveniently linked on my basic, albeit useful wiki page. Enjoy!
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #29) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 160, MegAzumarill wrote:Newbie 2078 - Greeting Town
Greeting primarily talks about mech and strategy here over actual reads. It contrasts with her play in 2081, but I suspect its mostly due to it being their first game on site.
Take a look if you want but it doesn't feel like much can be drawn between that one and this.

I am still yet to see any townlike qualities from greeting's play this game, but I'll turn my attention elsewhere for now.
In post 163, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 161, Greeting wrote: Well done, keeping temporarily a secret and admitting to it is
not
, as a matter of fact, transparent. Image

Do you seriously think the rest of your play has been?
I do.

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #30) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:26 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 165, AsuStuckey wrote:Okay I Have a lot of information to put out in this post
This is my very first game on mafia and I am very slow to jump into the conversations
So some of the slang I am not used to.

1. I am guessing that a scum would be someone on the mafia side?

2. And I'm not sure what abbreviated stuff like E-2 means.

3. Also right know I am trying to find out easy ways to tell if someone is mafia in the way you guys talk to each other, but in general I'm really confused on who to vote. Finally, If you guys can give me tips on what to look for and how to jump into conversations that would really help
Hello!

1. You are correct, we refer to mafia-aligned players as "scums".

2. E-2 means a player is two votes away from being eliminated. Voting out a player in this game setup cannot be undone. So, once a player gets 5 elimination votes, the Day Phase is over and they are eliminated. No backsies.

3. We have two impostors amongst the nine of us. Imagine you're the impostor and ask yourself: what would you do, what would you post, how would you behave, whom would you vote or not vote - and then project this on all players based on their behavior in the game. Does the behavior of any of the players match
what would mafia do in that situation?
Feel free to question those whom you find suspicious and draw conclusions from the answers. Watch the vote tally - the way in which players cast their votes can also give out some information.

Most importantly, have fun and remember that this is a game. Things can get heated and people will argue.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #31) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 171, Prism wrote: That said, the MafiaScum wiki has some great articles that have kind of stood the test of time. I'm partial to this one.
Wow, this article is a real eye-opener as to how players on MafiaScum operate and behave. I guess it explains quite a lot. I’ve obviously played mafia several times before joining this site and I knew the general strategies, which I applied in my own way. I had no idea that people use this as a suggested point system and then act upon it.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #32) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by Greeting »

I do have a basic readslist with some reads, but I don’t really have anything on ProHawk. But I’d rather finish what I’m doing now first (regarding Meg’s wagon) before moving on. Even though now I think all this was for nothing.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #33) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:50 am

Post by Greeting »

UNVOTE: MegAzumarill - since I see a wagon forming on them and they're not my choice of wagon right now. But this might change once I read up on what happened since.

Now, to end this experiment of mine.

I've found
marcistar
quite scummy from the very beginning. I disliked almost all of their posts. This is meta, but surprisingly it hasn't failed me yet. Players with a certain posting style from all my previous games (the ones which I can talk about are N2078 and N2081) all turned out to be scum. All three of them. The ones which I can talk about are GrandpaMo in N2078 and Not_Mafia in N2081. They all have the same way in which they formulate thoughts - in a liberal way, without using capital letters etc. You know what I mean. I interpret this as a loose approach to the game, signifying distancing and a relaxed attitude. All that is there for a reason - and the reason is that they want to avoid being seen as stressed, because being scum and having to lie all the time is quite stressful. Check it out yourself and compare.

Obviously, this is not enough for evidence, so I decided to use the situation at the time (virtually nothing was going on) to test to which degree
marcistar
is serious about getting
MegAzumarill
voted out. It was their idea, they formulated it in . While I didn't see many valid reasons to vote out
MegAzumarill
at the time, I decided to try something out. I said yes to an obviously flimsy wagon, about which I even openly said that I don't think is very scummy. I wanted to test and see how would
marcistar
behave in this situation.

Their reactions came off as vague and and unwilling to commit to the wagon. Let me just say that it was
marcistar
who suggested this wagon in the first place and now they're chickening out. Which means that they know the wagon is flimsy and will most likely end up with voting out a townie.
marcistar
do u want me to..?
marcistar
do u want me to..?
In post 182, marcistar wrote:
In post 154, Greeting wrote:
marcistar
do u want me to..?
Let's say I
do
:yawn: :yawn: ill vote it when i wanna unless if u have a good reason :yawn:
i was og gonna soon after i suggested it and seeing what you thought, but then i got busy and now its not my fave cup of tea.
So basically
marcistar
plants the seed and then avoids responsibility for it.

Unfortunately, I feel like what
Prism
said in very accurately describes what happened. The lack of transparency made other players suspicious of my intentions (even though I feel like I was as transparent as I could in that situation :dead: ) which resulted in me being put on E-2. The fact that I was being voted out for flimsy reasons made me want to explain myself more, which unintentionally resulted in me revealing more than I wanted to. Now, I think this could have influenced
marcistar
's play who understood that
MegAzumarill
's wagon (at least I can speak for myself - not
Cape90
nor anyone else who's on that wagon) is not about
MegAzumarill
at all, but about her. Also, in the meantime the game took off, drifted away, leaving my original idea redundant and irrelevant. Plus, the things that happened in-between altered my perception of other players, including
MegAzumarill

Because of all that, the experiment did not bring very definite conclusions, but showed me that either
marcistar
is a newbie who just wants to do their best, or a smart scum who knows what's going on around them and tries to avoid incriminating themselves. Their post count pushes me towards the latter.

There are also other things that are a scumread for
marcistar
. For instance, there are a lot of questions asked with no follow-up whatsoever. Posts , (question to me) or come to mind. Sure, they've asked people to expand on some issues but they did nothing with the responses. It's a way of getting towncred - seeming like they're trying to get reads, while in fact doing it just for the show.

For reasons stated above, I think I'll VOTE: marcistar.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #34) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:01 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 203, Meuh wrote:Your post links don't work, Greeting :cry:
That's weird. Let me post this again.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #35) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:07 am

Post by Greeting »

I think I might have messed something up with the formatting. I removed the post numbers from the post link tags and it should be working now.

Spoiler: Here's the post again, with working links.
UNVOTE: MegAzumarill - since I see a wagon forming on them and they're not my choice of wagon right now. But this might change once I read up on what happened since.

I've found
marcistar
quite scummy from the very beginning. I disliked almost all of their posts. This is meta, but surprisingly it hasn't failed me yet. Players with a certain posting style from all my previous games (the ones which I can talk about are N2078 and N2081) all turned out to be scum. All three of them. The ones which I can talk about are GrandpaMo in N2078 and Not_Mafia in N2081. They all have the same way in which they formulate thoughts - in a liberal way, without using capital letters etc. You know what I mean. I interpret this as a loose approach to the game, signifying distancing and a relaxed attitude. All that is there for a reason - and the reason is that they want to avoid being seen as stressed, because being scum and having to lie all the time is quite stressful. Check it out yourself and compare.

Obviously, this is not enough for evidence, so I decided to use the situation at the time (virtually nothing was going on) to test to which degree
marcistar
is serious about getting
MegAzumarill
voted out. It was their idea, they formulated it in . While I didn't see many valid reasons to vote out
MegAzumarill
at the time, I decided to try something out. I said yes to an obviously flimsy wagon, about which I even openly said that I don't think is very scummy. I wanted to test and see how would
marcistar

Their reactions came off as vague and and unwilling to commit to the wagon. Let me just say that it was
marcistar
who suggested this wagon in the first place and now they're chickening out. Which means that they know the wagon is flimsy and will most likely end up with voting out a townie.
marcistar
do u want me to..?
marcistar
do u want me to..?
marcistar
do u want me to..?
Let's say I
do
i was og gonna soon after i suggested it and seeing what you thought, but then i got busy and now its not my fave cup of tea.
So basically
marcistar

Prism
said in very accurately describes what happened. The lack of transparency made other players suspicious of my intentions (even though I feel like I was as transparent as I could in that situation :dead: ) which resulted in me being put on E-2. The fact that I was being voted out for flimsy reasons made me want to explain myself more, which unintentionally resulted in me revealing more than I wanted to. Now, I think this could have influenced
marcistar
MegAzumarill
Cape90
MegAzumarill
at all, but about her. Also, in the meantime the game took off, drifted away, leaving my original idea redundant and irrelevant. Plus, the things that happened in-between altered my perception of other players, including
MegAzumarill

Because of all that, the experiment did not bring very definite conclusions, but showed me that either
marcistar
is a newbie who just wants to do their best, or a smart scum who knows what's going on around them and tries to avoid incriminating themselves. Their post count pushes me towards the latter.

marcistar
. For instance, there are a lot of questions asked with no follow-up whatsoever. Posts , (question to me) or come to mind. Sure, they've asked people to expand on some issues but they did nothing with the responses. It's a way of getting towncred - seeming like they're trying to get reads, while in fact doing it just for the show.

For reasons stated above, I think I'll VOTE: marcistar.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #36) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 189, Meuh wrote: is weird, but probably is some sort of way Greeting is trying to get more information out of his wagon on Meg.
The tone of feels bad, although I could see it come from an annoyed townie not really sure why they're being pushed in the first place (which is supported by and )
and are posts I could see come from either alignment, Greeting could be maf here trying to just make Meg look dumb, or it could just once again be an extension of annoyance at the wagon on him.
The purpose of was intentionally unclear, but I think it will make sense with .
I made in order to expose what I considered illogical behavior on your part.
and are just me being snarky towards
MegAzumarill
. We both played a game where they tunnelled me incessantly even though all the signs in the sky pointed to me being town. I even hammered a mafia Day One, but that wasn't enough for them. They had to use an investigative role in order to affirm that I am, in fact, town.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #37) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 210, Prism wrote:That links to a hidden topic. It is properly formatted for a copy paste (the post number is doubled in the link) and unlikely to be a simple typo.

VOTE: Greeting

I don't see another avenue forward here. Sorry.
Oh darn, I guess I've been exposed. I have a private thread where I drafted this. :lol:
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #38) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Greeting »

Yeah, I requested a private thread from Datisi where I can draft my posts and I think that's where it came from. I had no idea that when you use the post tags in the thread they change into something else completely.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #39) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:55 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 214, Prism wrote:I really hate to make this centerstage. It is unfortunate.

Did you draw this inspiration for a notes PT from a specific player? Why were you copying a link
towards
your Notes PT to begin with?
It’s cool, it’s my fault anyways.

I knew this was possible from my first game (N2078) where one of the players had one. Plus, I just read the rules where it was stated that you can ask for one. I tend to be chaotic so I thought I could use one too.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #40) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 217, Prism wrote:I am still curious as to what it links to within the thread and why you needed it copied, though it makes little sense to copy the scum PT either except to point a partner somewhere.
It links to the thread only. Since my PT doesn’t have 49 posts (and post 49 is the first one I’m linking to), there isn’t a post 49 from my PT to be linked to.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #41) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:10 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 220, Prism wrote:Thanks for answer. Unfortunately I think we've reached the end of the road on discussing this one.

I don't believe it and it's a matter of votes and whether the other players have questions and agree/disagree.
Fair enough, I guess one could believe that this was scumplay. I suppose the scum threads work the same as private threads. I’m obviously at fault here anyways.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (isolation #42) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:12 am

Post by Greeting »

Anyways, I’ll go and draft my reads on the other players. This time maybe without copying them straight from my PT.

But so far, my strongest scumlean is marcistar.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #43) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by Greeting »

Townleans:

Cape90

This player has been my first, and strongest townlean in the whole game.

I've liked posts such as , , . It shows legit town newbie to me.
MegAzumarill has a very specific game style, from what I've gathered, and I can imagine that having a scumread on them independently from my mind games is justified (post ).
I also had the same thoughts about Meuh at the time (). I find the fact that someone is saying the same things that I'm thinking without being prompted a very good sign.
I don't know why it's a fact that at least one scum has spoken by . It's the only off thing in their posts, but it's not a red or even a yellow flag yet.
Post indicates independent thinking and it pretty much sealed the fact that I'm not looking into this slot.

Soft townleans:

In order from strongest to weakest.

Prism

Firstly, I wonder if you were spectating N2081 and knew my play from there? Just curious. ()

Prism
has been playing tutor and uh, auntie, to all players which is kinda cute. And I prefer to look at it as a townlean.
I don't really understand what she sees as townie in
marcistar
's play in .
I would really appreciate it if they expanded on that.

Putting pressure on
ProHawk
isn't really indicative of anything to me. Could be scum play or town play. (
I like the fact that they did a U-turn on
Meuh
after they posted their exhaustive reads. It's something I feel similarly about and, just like with
Cape90
, I find players who think similarly to me without being prodded by me, a townlean. (
They noticing weird stuff with my post links, using their experience, is an indicator of town play. Her meta that I'm scum and the links lead to a scum thread is wrong, but it's fully justified. ()

I am being very paranoid about a potential
Prism
/
AsuStuckey
teacher/student play. (, , ) This is something that an experienced player like her could
easily
pull off and I am keeping this in the back of my mind at all times. If
AsuStuckey
is ever voted out and flip scum, I will immediately get more suspicious of
Prism

MegAzumarill

I've known MegAzumarill from N2081. Their self-description of his playing style () when it comes to tunnelling is accurate.
Their first posts were, and are neutral to me.
The fact that they jumped to questioning me immediately after I spoke of starting the wagon is a townlean. (, )
Posts , , and are a neutral read. I can very well see an annoyed townie or an annoyed scum make these.
Posts and feel very inconsistent to me.
If one wanted to give me a chance, then why would they suddenly jump to E-2 me? It just doesn't sit right in my mind.
Although their vote on me in seemed super opportunistic to me at first, his later attempt at tunnelling (, , , , ) is consistent with his play from N2081.
Reading into my game history is something a scum has no need to do in order to easily vote me down. Like I said before, it's easy to build a wagon on someone because their play is not fully transparent. But they decided to take the time to analyse my past games. (, )
Which is why this is a soft townlean, but there is a possibility that this will be downgraded.

Meuh

I'm always suspicious of joke play which is exhibited in posts like ,
But posts like scream genuine newbie on the other hand.
Posts and about me are justified and are a townread in my mind. It's actually the only player who said something somewhat reasonable about me possibly being scum before my accidental PT reveal.
I feel like she's trying to be cute with posts like , , , which is well... cute, but also a bit scummy. Making oneself look cute and vulnerable is a scum strategy I'd personally support and approve if I were scum.
I started seriously questioning her motives in and . In retrospect, it seems to me like she was trying to put pressure on me, but I don't see the result exhibited. It's also inconsistent with her later reads ().
The reads post was good. I think it's a job well done and this landed her a soft townlean for now. ()

Neutral leans:

All these slots are neutral.

AsuStuckey

Pretty much nothing to go with other than the
Prism
/
AsuStuckey
theory exhibited above.

StrangeMatter

I know them from another game, which is unfinished, therefore I'm not allowed to speak about it.

ProHawk

Their vote on me from seems... lazy.
Their subsequent question in led to... nothing.
Would love to hear more from this slot. I'm not against pressuring them by a vote to speak more.

Scumleans:

marcistar
- reasons stated in 205

Spoiler: Copy/paste of post 205
[...]

I've found
marcistar

marcistar
is serious about getting
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
marcistar

marcistar
marcistar
do u want me to..?
marcistar
do u want me to..?
marcistar
do u want me to..?
Let's say I
do
So basically
marcistar

Prism
marcistar
MegAzumarill
Cape90
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill

marcistar

marcistar

[...]
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #44) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:58 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 249, Prism wrote:My vote was direct and immediate. The questioning was in the hopes of catching him in an outright lie and making my life easier in pushing it. I think the explanation is implausible but not technically impossible.

They are uncommon, but not super rare, and the usage depends on the person. I personally use them exclusively to commentate scumgames for postgame reference and study, but this is not the norm.
Is there something that makes you think that it would be implausible for me to have a PT, moreso than other players? Or is it just an automatic assumption, because people generally don’t use them?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #45) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:04 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 241, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 240, Prism wrote:The implication is that it is most likely a scum PT. They provided the explanation that it is a notes PT. I find the scum PT more likely.
Are you proposing an elimination over this? I don't see how that accusation can be addressed, and appears to be meaningful enough of you to 180 the slot.

Personally I can give some benefit of the doubt in the situation although I find Greeting scummy on their own.
In post 245, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 242, Prism wrote:Yes. I have discussed this already with Greeting and acknowledged it is an irreconcilable difference.

I do not understand how this is even a question for someone who is supposedly reading my posts.
I mean I got that impression but just wanted to make sure. It was really drastic and mostly laid out in subtext.
That’s... weird. Not scummy, but weird. And also tells me more about the way you think in mafia games.

To me,
Prism
was being crystal clear as to why she’s voting me out. They didn’t need to explain, and I didn’t ask for an explanation. To you, it was implied and subtext.

On the other hand, you seem to focus on things which to me are completely irrelevant and make you look weird in my eyes for even trying to look at - for instance in or . It just keeps blowing my mind as to why anyone should find that scummy and that’s where my snarky reactions come from.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #46) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:26 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 244, Prism wrote:VOTE: MegAzumarill
I missed this. Why the change?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (isolation #47) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:24 am

Post by Greeting »

Finally, since N2082 ended, so has my gag order on speaking about that game. I hate pretending that things that happened in other game just don't exist, but I guess speaking about unfinished games could bring great harm to them. Even though I was long dead in there anyways, I wouldn't want to spoil it for the rest.

The missing puzzle, which I briefly mentioned in is user MafMen from N2082, who has been posting in the same way as the other two users I had mentioned before.

I just wanted to say that
Prism
plays a similar role (of a mentor, senior figure somewhat) in this game to in N2082. And since implosion was town in that game, that strengthens my townread of
Prism

When it comes to
StrangeMatter
, who was also town in that game, his posts are very similar and consistent with what they exhibited when they plunged into N2082. It's not enough for a townread to me still, but there's other neutral reads I'll be willing to look into first and I would rather leave dealing with
StrangeMatter
for later. They're also on the
marcistar
wagon, which I think leads to voting out a potential scum, but this could be distancing as well (SM voted them first, I joined second), as it seems that the rest of town doesn't agree with that read. So yeah, still neutral territory, but with better potential than the other two.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (isolation #48) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:44 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 279, MegAzumarill wrote:Also; as soon as the initial push on Greeting started, they and strange have been oddly silent about each other. (As far as I see their last mention was on Greeting.

It feels like intentional distancing to me if I'm right about greeting, because they've interacted with almost every other slot far as I can tell
...I just literally made though?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #49) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:46 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 283, MegAzumarill wrote:I would like to hear about Greeting's radio silence on Strange until their last post when they managed to fit "null read" into a bigger paragraph than any of their actual reads
Because all I had on them was their past behavior in N2082 and I couldn’t talk about it.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (isolation #50) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:16 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 268, Meuh wrote:Greeting, I think you’re putting a bit too much emphasis on the way some people talk or general archetypes of players as patterns from past games to define your reads. I skimmed through other games I played with Marci and she didn’t use capital letters more there. Mentors can be town, and they can be scum. I don’t think alignment would change whether or not someone plays as a mentor or if someone suddenly likes capitalizing things. :eek:
I... disagree.

While definitely I am not going to
only
look into past behavior of players this whole game, my belief is that it’s a good starting point.

Also, my past play is being extensively looked into, so why wouldn’t I do that when it comes to other players?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #51) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Greeting »

The tone of
ProHawk
's posts feels... towny. But I'll analyse them later.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (isolation #52) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:13 am

Post by Greeting »

I kinda feel like I've already made up my mind as to whom I'd like to be voted out today.
Marcistar
is the only moderate scumread I have at the moment. We do have quite some time until EOD though, and I don't see a majority building on her, so I guess I have to look into alternatives. I'm not sure if I'll do it today, maybe tomorrow tbf.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #53) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:18 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 316, Meuh wrote:
In post 311, Meuh wrote:VOTE: StrangeMatter

Prefer my vote here. :cool:
May be wrong on this idea but I feel like Strange's in a position a lot of mafia members are: widely null or slightly scumread with not much radical takes, and without much pressure on them. I think this kind of null or slight scumread is what a lot of mafia members like to read each other, I could see many players be doing this regarding Strange.
You're correct on this, and that is exactly why I scumread
StrangeMatter
in N2082, even just right before my self-hammer and subsequent elimination from the game. Thing is, they turned out to be town. :? And that's why I'm reluctant to join the wagon. But truth is, I've never seen scum
StrangeMatter
either.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #54) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:20 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 363, Greeting wrote:
In post 316, Meuh wrote:
In post 311, Meuh wrote:VOTE: StrangeMatter

Prefer my vote here. :cool:
May be wrong on this idea but I feel like Strange's in a position a lot of mafia members are: widely null or slightly scumread with not much radical takes, and without much pressure on them. I think this kind of null or slight scumread is what a lot of mafia members like to read each other, I could see many players be doing this regarding Strange.
You're correct on this, and that is exactly why I scumread
StrangeMatter
in N2082, even just right before my self-hammer and subsequent elimination from the game. Thing is, they turned out to be town. :? And that's why I'm reluctant to join the wagon. But truth is, I've never seen scum
StrangeMatter
either.
Here's my read on SM from that game:
In post 890, Greeting wrote:
Moderate scumlean

(two players in this category are of equal suspicion to me)

StrangeMatter
- Ever since entering the game they seem to be comfortably sitting on the fence, questioning and judging around, but without going into any concrete direction. Sure, it's okay if one doesn't like my self-hammer play (, ) I respect that. Sure, it's okay if one thinks I'm harming town (). It feels to me like commenting on whatever I'm doing at the moment and questioning me is an easy way to get towncred without actually doing anything themselves. It is notable to me that they haven't really shared any strong read on anyone or even voted for anyone.

While StrangeMatter isn't exactly my first choice for an elimination vote, I can join that wagon.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (isolation #55) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:22 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 355, Meuh wrote:
In post 353, Greeting wrote:
In post 268, Meuh wrote:Greeting, I think you’re putting a bit too much emphasis on the way some people talk or general archetypes of players as patterns from past games to define your reads. I skimmed through other games I played with Marci and she didn’t use capital letters more there. Mentors can be town, and they can be scum. I don’t think alignment would change whether or not someone plays as a mentor or if someone suddenly likes capitalizing things. :eek:
I... disagree.

While definitely I am not going to
only
look into past behavior of players this whole game, my belief is that it’s a good starting point.

Also, my past play is being extensively looked into, so why wouldn’t I do that when it comes to other players?
That’s not the same thing. People looking for patterns within other players’ gameplay is fine, but you’re saying that certain archetypes of players tend to be town or scum based on just seeing some players who don’t like capitalizing or who act as mentors. If you wanna meta read players, just meta read them on their own past games, or at the very least show that what you’re pointing out in these past players was actually scummy. Like for example, you could’ve looked at another one of N_M’s games where he was town and seen whether or not he capitalizes more as town. Meta reads are fine, I just think you’re leaning into archetypes and playstyles a lot when while they can fluctuate to an extent, you haven’t proven your point that they warrant a town or a scumread over it. It just seems like a massive reach.
Oh, obviously, I wouldn't say X is town just because the
type of their play
reminds me of someone else who flipped town in another game.

But it is an important indicator to me. If I'm townreading someone for different reasons, then this can act as something that strengthens the townread. It also works in the opposite way, this time with
marcistar
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #56) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:36 am

Post by Greeting »

I've read all
StrangeMatter
's posts and nothing really sticks out to me.

Posts like , , , are fairly neutral and consistent with my feel of them from N2082.
StrangeMatter
has a habit of asking a lot of questions with little follow-up. This can be seen in , . They definitely are sitting on the sidelines of this game, but they've done this in that past game before. I remember their play there being very passive until they decided on my wagon, and my feeling is that that's just the way they're playing, at least early in the game.

I just can't get more out of this slot than I already have (and I'm aware that is quite little). And to be fair, I don't feel any sort of paranoia here, like I slightly did with
Prism
/
AsuStuckey
(described in ). I would have probably latched onto them for this type of play if I didn't study it closely during N2082, and they seem to exhibit it here as well.

They also are voting
marcistar
. @
StrangeMatter
, could you please expand on why you're on this wagon with me?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (isolation #57) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:49 am

Post by Greeting »

Now, when it comes to
ProHawk

Their start in the game was lazy. I felt like their vote and reasoning in was the easy choice at the moment.
Nonetheless, they did finally point to the unanswered questions in , the timing of which was late, and by that time the heat of my wagon was wearing off. A scum could have just conveniently forgotten about this exchange. Yet, in spite of them already going after
Prism
, they showed consistency. To me that's a plus.
Post had
some
follow-up in . I'm not sure I understand what they mean, though. I've already moved on from that point of the game and
Meuh
with
MegAzumarill
who were voting me at the time have an, albeit soft and weak, townread.
He also correctly points out
Prism
's high reliance on meta in .
Their last reactions can be interpreted either as scummy and towny. Basically, annoyed town or annoyed scum (, , , ). So this gives us nothing.
Their spat with
Prism
seems like town/town just like I had one with in N2082.

I'm not feeling this slot is very scummy either.

And this is really frustrating to me, because there are obviously two scums in this game and I can spot only one.

I guess if one of the
StrangeMatter
or
ProHawk
wagons pulls through, it will be without me on it. Unless something changes by EOD.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #58) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:50 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 372, StrangeMatter wrote:RVS really.
In post 373, StrangeMatter wrote:Maybe I'm just angry and just biasing myself but I'm getting off for right now and getting my head away from this.

UNVOTE:
Well, that's disappointing.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #59) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:04 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 377, Prism wrote:It is extremely typical for people to look into arguments with me, see that they are too complex or specific, and dismiss them as likely TvT.

All 3 of the samples I gave where I had similar arguments with scum had multiple town players drawing the same lazy conclusion and losing two of the games for it.
I have a rather firm townread on you and a neutral read on
ProHawk
. I’ve read their posts in isolation from your responses and their posts just don’t give me a very scummy feeling. Not a townie feeling either. I honestly just concluded nothing from it.

And the way I see it, I’d rather vote someone out whom I see at least a bit more sus. And, unfortunately, at the moment there is just one player who sticks out.
There are some possibilities:
1)
marcistar
’s scumbuddy is
AsuStuckey
and I can’t deduce that other than by townreading everyone else - for reasons which I think are obvious;
2) my reads are wrong - and this is more likely than 1) and this is really annoying, because I’ve worked on them for a long time and I don’t see them having changed substantially since I posted them. Like, there has been far more posts from both
StrangeMatter
and
ProHawk
and all of them amount to them being neutral reads as they were. I guess I’m very slightly more leaning towards
ProHawk
being scummier than the former, but there isn’t a red flag out there for me (nor a green flag for that matter).

What’s also annoying is that my townreads seem to be going in a completely different direction to myself.

I guess I’ll take another approach (definitely not today, but tomorrow) and try to find a scumbuddy for
marcistar
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #60) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Greeting »

I still haven't gotten over the fact that Azumarill's eyes in Meg's avatar are slightly moving.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (isolation #61) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:34 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 359, Prism wrote: None of this points towards a genuine curiosity in my alignment.
That is a statement that I can somewhat see being true. I focused on the fact that he did finish his trains of thoughts (there were two of them regarding myself), but not in the way he did it and it was, in fact, really just tying loose ends. I suppose he could be doing it for the sake of not being accused of abandoning suspicious and being inconsistent.

Like, I did tie my loose ends in , but with a (what I think is) logical explanation of what I was actually trying to do at the time. But this from
ProHawk
just felt... lazy.

Admittedly, I didn't address , but that's because I felt like this was already answered with that phase of the game being long over in my head.

Reading more deeply into , I could see this being a scumlean by trying to exploit something I indeed had said, but long ago, and have since gone elsewhere. Then again, this is quite a weak thing to say and point out, in my opinion. So it could also be a townie, who hasn't been catching up fully with the thread and had something stuck in their head from earlier on. Especially since it was them who asked the question regarding my first wagon ().

My first wagon, when I was put at E-3, to me seemed like something that had some chance of success (and I was really annoyed about it, because of how flimsy it was). He moved on from it very late, long after the whole Greeting is us before accidental PT reveal ended. They also said nothing about my PT links and tbf, it seems like an important event in this game. It's something I definitely would comment on, if it happened to someone else other than myself. And I've seen most players address this one way or another, except
StrangeMatter
ProHawk
and
AsuStuckey

Any thoughts about this?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #62) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:42 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 388, MegAzumarill wrote:See one of these days I'm going to mirror the eyes and see who notices.
Or maybe slightly zoom in on the face

:D
Taking inspiration from this?

Spoiler: Big image
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #63) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 383, MegAzumarill wrote:I'm honored to have my own tier!
In post 384, MegAzumarill wrote:It makes me want to cry tiers of joy.
I can't believe I missed this pun! English isn't my native language. :lol:

I guess I should be heading to sleep now, though.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #64) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Greeting »

@
Prism
you said you wanted to elaborate on my reads. I'd like to hear that.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #65) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Greeting »

But maybe calm down first please. You're clearly getting worked up and incredibly emotionally involved. Happens to all of us, and I've also been guilty of that. Not that I'm gaslighting you, but when we let emotions take over, logic and observation comes second.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (isolation #66) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Greeting »

@
MegAzumarill
, I know you're scumreading me, but I'd like to hear what you have to say about other players too.

I remember you tunnelling me to no end in N2081 and this time you seem to be less keen on "catching me in the heat of the moment". You've exhibited this behavior in , , , but you've given up on that. Why? You've visibly calmed down in the last few pages and I wonder why you've stopped trying to find anything that sounds even remotely scummy in my last posts. If your assumption is that I'm scum then what is the purpose of my posts from the last 3-4 pages? Who is my partner?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (isolation #67) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 457, ProHawk wrote:Greeting, what happened to all of the memes/youtube links/pictures in your posts?
...nothing? They're still there last second I checked.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (isolation #68) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:39 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 463, ProHawk wrote:
In post 461, Greeting wrote:
In post 457, ProHawk wrote:Greeting, what happened to all of the memes/youtube links/pictures in your posts?
...nothing? They're still there last second I checked.
umm, no I mean like you stopped doing it.
I don't posts memes regularly, but when I feel like it.

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (isolation #69) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:50 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 471, ProHawk wrote:Also why in the world are you also not voting anyone? I could probably also go for a Cape90 elimination at this point.

Unless anyone has any earth-shattering revelations, I'm probably sticking to one of [Cape, SM, or Prism]
In post 469, ProHawk wrote:Here's my ranking from most town to most scum...

ProHawk
marcistar
Meuh
Greeting
Cabd
MegAzumarill
Cape90
StrangeMatter
Prism Spartan117

Cabd isn't a real read but because of the lack of content he goes smack dab in the middle for now.
What exactly do you find scummy about
Cape90
?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (isolation #70) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:45 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 502, Meuh wrote:VOTE: Cabd

POE :cool:

I honestly just don't really see many realistic scum teams within the 8 slots that have been active and townread most people so I think Cabd just has to be scum here.
Main issue with this elim would be lack of info from the flip which would kinda suck, but I just don't really know where else we should elim here, none of the options really have me convinced :neutral:
Maybe Strange is still a better elim just cause it provides more info on flip and I can see that slot be scum but meh, I think mafia Cabd is
significantly
more likely than it is for anyone else

I really think Meg's town here, idk why exactly but their vibes are immaculate at the moment :lol:
I'm glad that there is someone out there who got to a similar conclusion to myself.

VOTE: Cabd
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (isolation #71) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:09 am

Post by Greeting »

My attempts to get more out of
Prism
and
MegAzumarill
have been ignored. But I can't scumread either for that, given that they apparently were occupied elsewhere. Still, this doesn't let me make any progress when it comes to my personal reads and that's why my vote is where it landed this very moment.

I don't think I'm voting
ProHawk
today. I'm definitely not voting out
Prism
today.
StrangeMatter
? I'm unwilling. That's why my choice is
Cabd
, a slot which subbed in and did far less with their reads than other players, such as myself,
Meuh
MegAzumarill
or
Prism
. Since I can't do 1 (referencing post ), I'll do 2 with
AsuStuckey
's successor.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (isolation #72) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:29 am

Post by Greeting »

Since
MegAzumarill
is opting for a
Prism
wagon, they must be thinking that the scumteam is me and her. I think it would be really cool to be in a scumteam with such an experienced player, but I didn’t roll scum this game and I don’t think
Prism
has either. I prefer to play as town, even though I have a better game win ratio as scum (source: my head/Confessions On A Dance Floor buy on iTunes now).

Besides, I was thinking - if I was using the scumthread to make draft posts, and had a partner like
Prism
wouldn’t they warn me that post tags change after they’re posted and strongly discourage me from copying post content with coding?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (isolation #73) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:24 am

Post by Greeting »

I'm not exactly trustful of
ProHawk
. Honestly though, I just can't bring myself to scumread people who get overly emotional in a mafia game. I feel like it's a natural reaction to being accused, that, when under scrutiny can emerge unprovoked in these circumstances. Nothing about
Prism
/
ProHawk
reaction seems scripted from either. If someone is wrongly accused, they're far less likely to keep cool unless prompted or coached by someone - which can't happen amongst townies.

I'm more suspicious of the "I'm VT, you can vote me out anyways" reaction (which I didn't see happening in this game) even though I'm guilty of doing it myself.

I'm slightly getting paranoid about being played around by experienced players. But this is meta, and I never let meta come first before reads.

Speaking of meta:
In post 490, ProHawk wrote:Greeting absolutely has a meta shift, unsure if that's AI though....
What do you mean by that?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (isolation #74) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:42 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 556, ProHawk wrote:The newbie game that Prism linked to, you had a lot more gifs/pictures posted than this one
This answer is disappointing. While it is true, I posted significantly more stuff like this in N2078 and N2081, due to what I perceived as a negative reaction from other players I toned it down a bit. And that can already be seen in N2082, a game in which I was town.

I was hoping you’d say something about the content that I post, reads that I make or even the tone of my post. Seems lazy to have such a simplistic approach.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (isolation #75) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:26 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 564, ProHawk wrote:
In post 562, Greeting wrote:I was hoping you’d say something about the content that I post, reads that I make or even the tone of my post. Seems lazy to have such a simplistic approach.
Why does this post make it seem like you want me to catch you as scum? This is odd.
I’ll tell you what I’m doing. I have some degree of trust in
Meuh
but I don’t trust you and the fact that you’re voting
Cabd
is making me feel uneasy. This wagon, on my part (and I think
Meuh
’s too) is based on the fact, that I’m townreading a large pool of players and they’re what’s left. I’m trying to test if it’s the right direction or not, and I was hoping that you’d say something that would make me townread you. But you said something that didn’t help at all and made me even more uneasy and hesitant.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (isolation #76) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:37 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 568, ProHawk wrote:I don't know how to help you Greeting, I'm not going to play to appease you.
I don't expect you to play to appease me. But what you pointed out about my giffing/meme-ing etc. is lazy in two senses: not only it is not correct (as it was most likely formed by a short glance at some of my posts from one game), but also feels like pointing out something that is far less relevant than other things I've said or did in this game or other games in particular. It may be just a difference between play styles, but that is
my feeling
. I've also come at
MegAzumarill
for the same reasons - although he definitely has been more investigative in both N2081 and N2084 than just "uhh he's posting less gifs and memes than in a game he played in early September".

Speaking of whom, Meg has been definitely less active recently and this is making me question my soft townread on them. As if they've come, made their tunnel attempt on me, and then backed off when the job of showing they're consistent is done.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (isolation #77) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:57 am

Post by Greeting »

Very well, I hope you keep your word on this.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (isolation #78) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:11 am

Post by Greeting »

Looks like
StrangeMatter
or
MegAzumarill
will decide the outcome of this Day.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (isolation #79) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:13 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 489, Cape90 wrote:What I find a bit odd is how Greeting in his previous games seemed to be so cautious about the whole E-2 E-1 thing although in their prior town games, they acknowledge it and don't seem all that fazed by the concept.
In post 161, Greeting wrote:
In post 147, UhUhWaitAndSee wrote:
In post 143, Greeting wrote:I wonder what the reactions will be when I flip town, which I am. :lol:
Comes off a little strange. Why the comment so far from elimination?
Five votes are needed to vote someone out. I am at four atm.

In post 216, Greeting wrote:Is TL at E-1 now? You’d better elaborate fast then.

I’m not sure if you knew this,
Cape90
, but UhUhWaitAndSee was scum in that game.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (isolation #80) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Greeting »

Needless to say, I am wary about E-1 and E-2, but it depends on the time of the Day Phase. Right now, I’m not at all fazed at
Cabd
being put at E-1. I would, however, strongly prefer if whomever was to hammer them (or
ProHawk
for that matter) clearly stated their intentions and gave them at least some time to respond to that.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (isolation #81) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 586, Cape90 wrote:Yes I am referring to myself in that last post. Hindsight can really make you think. I know for a fact I haven't been ultra towny this game and yet Cabd and Greeting seem to think so. Unless both wolves really wanted to pocket me by putting me as both of their top town, I find Cabd/Greeting probably not mafia together.
Well, I am on the
Cabd
wagon and they're at E-1, so I am definitely okay with them being voted out. It's going to be
StrangeMatter
's decision probably though. I might hammer
ProHawk
as an absolute last resort - if for some odd reason no one is willing to hammer
Cabd
and someone moves to the other wagon. It is highly preferable to eliminate, and I would prefer that it's
Cabd
who's out, but if the choice is between
ProHawk
and noelim, I opt for the former.

When it comes to you, my reads haven't changed at all, so while I am reading your thoughts, I pay far more attention to what other players are doing in hopes of scum hunting.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (isolation #82) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by Greeting »

21 hours and 30 minutes left. So still some time, but when it’s under 12 hours until EOD, I think it’s time to vote someone out.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (isolation #83) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 592, ProHawk wrote:
In post 588, Cape90 wrote:
In post 587, marcistar wrote::shifty: is cabd scum..?
This is a post
I am concerned at the low post count from Marci despite me sidelining her essentially based on her early posting.
Marcistar
is still my first choice to eliminate, but unfortunately the rest doesn’t agree with me for whatever reason. The fact that she’s been on the sidelines of the game seems to fit in well with the notion that both scums are stalling and rather passive this game.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (isolation #84) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:59 am

Post by Greeting »

If someone is wondering if it’s the right time to hammer or not then I answer:
yes, it is
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (isolation #85) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:07 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 613, Prism wrote:Still here to hammer if needed, and you can treat not doing so as a scumclaim from me.

I am adamant that we hear something from StrangeMatter today. Not commenting on either wagon is unacceptable.
In post 614, Prism wrote:Perfect timing, Greeting.

I will 100% be around and hammer as necessary barring severe physical injury. We will not no-elim as long as there are no random unvotes, so rest easy on that front.
Good.

I’m shocked and appalled that
StrangeMatter
just vanished at the climax of Day One, knowing their vote might be crucial to the outcome of this Day. They haven’t checked in the last, what, 24 hours?
StrangeMatter
are not a new player, they’ve played and spectated several times before. So unless something urgent happened on their part, I am treating this as a scumlean.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (isolation #86) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:29 am

Post by Greeting »

If the choice is
ProHawk
, I should be around in around 2-3 hours in time to switch to the other wagon. Noelim is bad and I want to avoid it if possible.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (isolation #87) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:42 am

Post by Greeting »

StrangeMatter wrote:Personally, though I'm fine with eliminating Cabd here. Though I'm wondering if we still have things we want to discuss at this point?
I
very strongly
urge you to decide on one candidate of those two. I think it's way too late for discussion and nothing new could possibly emerge from this. Both cases have already been made. I have nothing more to say than what I've already said in light of Day One. I would prefer that it's
Cabd
who is gone this Day, but it's your vote and your decision.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (isolation #88) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:56 am

Post by Greeting »

Prism wrote:1 hour and 9 minutes to deadline.

Since Strange is here and commenting sporadically, I will wait to 30 minutes remaining, but do not feel comfortable waiting any longer than that. That is a hard deadline.
Prism wrote:You have 8 minutes before I hammer.

I get being indecisive, or perhaps patient to a fault. Do you understand the ramifications of not voting as town? It is fine to be wrong. It is not fine not to vote, to risk no elim, and to let scum exert more influence on the elimination by default, and I cannot press this point on you enough.
Since I still would rather have
Cabd
eliminated, I am still waiting for this deadline to end or for
StrangeMatter
's vote. If you don't keep your word,
Prism
, you're landing on my scumlean and so is
StrangeMatter
if they refuse to vote. I don't think I need to explain why. This charade is going on for too long.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (isolation #89) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:20 pm

Post by Greeting »

Ain’t that disappointing.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (isolation #90) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:09 am

Post by Greeting »

So, since
Titus
was Doctor, we have a Cop and a Roleblocker (A1) or Tracker and a Rolecop (B3) left. Then again, I'm not sure what to do with this information either.

I absolutely hated the last minutes of Day One, but
StrangeMatter
did vote in the end and admitted being very nervous (). Not 100% sure that I'm buying it. But to be fair, if they weren't absent, they must have known that likely it was their vote that would decide the outcome of the game, so putting themselves out like this sounds like an illogical decision to make as scum. Or maybe that's really what happened and I just think they're more advanced than they actually are. :neutral:

There's someone else that's been irking me.
MegAzumarill
has been visibly absent, both in terms of posting and in terms of content they produce, in the last few days and it really stands out for me in light of their constant activity in N2081. I feel like I wrote them off sooner than I should have.

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (isolation #91) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:39 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 670, Meuh wrote:Welp, that’s unfortunate.

I’ll try to make some new reads and cast a vote this evening

We can still win it! :cool:
Do you think that both scums were on the
Cabd
wagon or did they spread votes? We have two conftownies on the
ProHawk
wagon, and
Cape90
whom I'm still reading town. But then there's
marcistar

Cabd
[5]: Meuh, Greeting, ProHawk, MegAzumarill, StrangeMatter [HAMMER]
ProHawk
[4]:
Prism
, marcistar, Cape90,
Cabd
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (isolation #92) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:51 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 673, Meuh wrote:
In post 672, Greeting wrote:
In post 670, Meuh wrote:Welp, that’s unfortunate.

I’ll try to make some new reads and cast a vote this evening

We can still win it! :cool:
Do you think that both scums were on the
Cabd
wagon or did they spread votes? We have two conftownies on the
ProHawk
wagon, and
Cape90
whom I'm still reading town. But then there's
marcistar

Cabd
[5]: Meuh, Greeting, ProHawk, MegAzumarill, StrangeMatter [HAMMER]
ProHawk
[4]:
Prism
, marcistar, Cape90,
Cabd
My first thought was 2 scum in Prohawk/Meg/Strange so I’m leaning towards them being on the Cabd wagon
If I'm not wrong about
Cape90
, then the
ProHawk
wagon looks like a pretty townie place to be. That would leave
marcistar
out of the pool of suspects.

I'm also leaning towards both scums choosing to decide on the
Cabd
wagon. Since
Cabd
was playing pretty neutrally and it was a neutral read for most, this seemed like a safe spot even after they flip town. Voting out a town-aligned
ProHawk
(not saying that he is) could have been far more incriminating than a neutral
Cabd

Leaving out myself and yourself this indeed does leave these three. I think there is
at least
one scum amongst them. I need to do look back at
Prism
's case on
ProHawk
and
StrangeMatter
's game history. I'll do that as soon as I can.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (isolation #93) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:03 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 675, StrangeMatter wrote:I don't really fully get the logic behind two scum on wagons idea. To me, it's generally unlikely and more commonly done that scum spreads themselves thinly instead of though I haven't tested this idea much (it's happened before, where both scum jumped onto one wagon, so maybe it's more likely to happen with scum who knows this idea well, though that's a guess in its own right and should be taken with a huge side of salt).
Do you think that the votes are spread? If so, then whom from from this group:
Cape90
marcistar
is the second scum?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (isolation #94) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:00 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 680, MegAzumarill wrote:Also prism kill strongly implicates Greeting as scum.
Why is that?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (isolation #95) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 683, MegAzumarill wrote:You were irreparable scum in their eyes and you knew it.
You would have to kill them at some point this game or you would lose. And each day their vote only grows stronger
It’s starting to look obvious to me.
Prism
was killed off to supposedly implicate and frame me for it.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (isolation #96) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:32 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 687, MegAzumarill wrote:Probably feared investigative prism? They would need to kill them at some point.

Prohawk Greeting makes a lot of sense if it's a tracker setup tbh.
Prism would track one of the two for sure
Investigative? There are non-investigative role setups in every column, such as A3 for instance. Being scum, how would I even know that there is an investigative role in the game for sure?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (isolation #97) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:36 am

Post by Greeting »

Inb4 the scumteam is
MegAzumarill
and
ProHawk
. This isn’t newbie play. They weren’t town PR hunting, they just wanted to kill two birds with one stone and simply got lucky while doing it.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (isolation #98) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 693, Meuh wrote:
In post 692, Greeting wrote:Inb4 the scumteam is
MegAzumarill
and
ProHawk
. This isn’t newbie play. They weren’t town PR hunting, they just wanted to kill two birds with one stone and simply got lucky while doing it.
You're both saying it's the other with ProHawk... you should unite and vote ProHawk! :lol:
Not before I do my research on
Prism
's case on them. But this scumteam makes a lot of sense. Especially given
marcistar
's , who points out well
Prism
's reads are being used selectively.
MegAzumarill
's behavior let me know what's going on here. I am almost 100% sure that an SE is behind this.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (isolation #99) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 673, Meuh wrote:My first thought was 2 scum in Prohawk/Meg/Strange so I’m leaning towards them being on the Cabd wagon
If
Cape90
is scum then I congratulate him on convincing me otherwise.
I suspected
marcistar
before, but this is evidently an engaging play and I'm willing to believe that someone who lost interest in the game wouldn't come to a decision to frame me with killing
Prism
. Only to defend me later (). Plus post is something made by a townie. A scum would have no reason to point this out. I'm leaving this case for now.
Meuh
's posts like the most recent are also written by a townie. If someone says exactly what I think without me being prodded, like they,
Prism
and
Cape90
did before, then I consider this a townlean. And I tested this with .

This leaves the trio of
StrangeMatter
ProHawk
and
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
is the scummiest of them all. Coming over to do tunnelling on me, getting a soft townlean out of it, tactically ignoring my PT reveal only to later decide to use it and
Prism
's death to frame me.

This must be the solution of the game.
MegAzumarill wrote:The actual logistics of it are complicated.

If Greeting is scum the prism kill is forced, but prism could still be killed with town!Greeting.

Independent of the nightkill I want a Greeting elim on long discussed grounds. I don't think their play matches them as town and there's always the whole PT think prism likely died over.

Prohawk aftee my catchup would be the most likely partner for Greeting. After their exchange with prism it looked townie at first, but looks more like forced cluelessness as scum digging deeper.
So now that other townies aren't so willing to vote me out you're trying to flake out? :lol:
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (isolation #100) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by Greeting »

You thought this would be easy: my PT reveal, your „meta” research and
Prism
’s death would all work well enough against me. But it isn’t so you’re trying to find a „solution” to the game which involves me being town. Good news, I have one and it involves you being behind all this.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (isolation #101) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 683, MegAzumarill wrote:You were irreparable scum in their eyes and you knew it.
You would have to kill them at some point this game or you would lose. And each day their vote only grows stronger
This is pretty strong pressure and a pretty strong statement I would say. Considering the fact that I read all
Prism
’s posts in preparation for analysing
ProHawk
and the facts are that
Prism
in her last posts wasn’t willing to vote me out that much at all until they got a stronger read on me.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (isolation #102) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Greeting »

I am definitely okay with a
MegAzumarill
elim today. Like I said before, their behavior has assured me why
Titus
was killed off.

Their partner is one out of:
StrangeMatter
ProHawk
. I guess I’d rather vote out the latter first before the former.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (isolation #103) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by Greeting »

I don’t think what
MegAzumarill
is doing is opportunistic at all, it’s a deliberate plan which involves killing one dangerous slot (
Prism
) and selectively using their reads to implicate another (myself).
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (isolation #104) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by Greeting »

Apparently the bulk of my case is meta, of two of my games in particular: N2078 and N2081. I feel like I addressed this already, but let me bring it up again.
In post 562, Greeting wrote: While it is true, I posted significantly more stuff like this in N2078 and N2081, due to what I perceived as a negative reaction from other players I toned it down a bit. And that can already be seen in N2082, a game in which I was town.
And there's not much more to it. I guess if someone doesn't believe it, then there's nothing more I can do about it than what I've already done. I don't think the push for me comes from town at all though.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (isolation #105) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by Greeting »

We have 7 players left. Which means that we have two more chances to vote out scum. My bet and my choice is to focus on the earlier mentioned three, if indeed two of them are scum, then the game should be solved.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (isolation #106) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 722, MegAzumarill wrote:I am not the lim today.
This game is pretty much solved from my perspective.

Meuh and Cape are almost definitely town.
Prohawk is not s/s with marcistar.

I am town.

Therefore we have 5 scumteam options: Greeting with strange, prohawk, or Marci.
Or strangematter with Marci/prohawk.

A Greeting into strangehawk lim guarantees we make it to d4 at least. If I get limped we likely lose lylo
This is not a solve of a game.
Not just because I'm town. Mathematically it doesn't add up. Let's say we vote out myself today. What will you do when I flip town? You have three suspects left, amongst whom two are scums.

We get
two more chances
to vote out scum. If it doesn't happen today, D3 is eliminate or lose. You named four suspects: myself,
StrangeMatter
ProHawk
and
marcistar
, but mathematically at most only two of them can be. Which means that by going with your plan, a it is entirely possible that the game is not solved.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (isolation #107) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 741, ProHawk wrote:FFS Titus is not in this game
I’m sorry, I meant
Prism
. I had played with Titus before and I was reading that game. And I guess post confused me.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (isolation #108) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:27 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 744, ProHawk wrote:
In post 742, Greeting wrote:And I guess post 731 confused me.
wut?

you were the one who called Prism Titus first, not me...
I checked and you’re right. I didn’t even notice that.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (isolation #109) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:18 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 718, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 693, Meuh wrote:
In post 692, Greeting wrote:Inb4 the scumteam is
MegAzumarill
and
ProHawk
You're both saying it's the other with ProHawk... you should unite and vote ProHawk! :lol:
@Greeting I checked the post you said pointed towards Mueh being townie, but....I don't quite get this logic? Kind of want to know why you think what they said comes from town I mean.
My soft townlean on
Meuh
isn't very strong, but it's still a townlean. I would refer you to my wallread in for their posts before that.
I would say that their posts after their wallread in are pretty consistent.
Post , as their reply to my accusations towards them makes sense and to be fair, I'm buying it. It also occurred to me that one can hold onto an inaccurate read and do a 180 on someone upon further analysis. Scums generally worry about being inconsistent far more than genuine townies.
Their reasons for voting you are genuine and remind me of my push on you from N2082. I would probably have joined had it not been for the meta I knew from that game. As a matter of fact, I was making notes of this in my PT, even before that game came to an end. I remembered to judge you basing on whether you would flip town or scum in that game. Post exemplifies that case in a good way. It's just like with
Prism
's push on me regarding my PT reveal - even if wrong, it is a genuine thing to suspect someone for and shows town thinking.
I also don't think a scum would lecture me on how to play, posts like and come from a place of genuine concern.
On top of that, I agree with their reads, and they've said things I was thinking about unprompted. (post for instance)
Their carefulness and shifting away from the
MegAzumarill
wagon is a town sign. Though the evaluation of this might change in my eyes later in the game, if
MegAzumarill
is a potential elimination and they decide on someone who I think is townie. But I think it's unlikely given that our reads seem to align.

There are some things I find questionable about them. Like their very certain townread on me in . Obviously it's correct, but that seems overly confident. Even
Cape90
voiced some bigger concern about me. Post seems to soften this a bit though.

Overall, I'm definitely not voting out
Meuh
today.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (isolation #110) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:21 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 752, Cape90 wrote:
In post 747, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 746, ProHawk wrote:Let's not stall out here.
Let's get a general consensus with 2-3 IRL days on the calendar and not run down to the wire in case we need to make a change in decision *last mintue*

I have seen a lot of people throwing out StrangeMatter on their list of mafia candidates, why isn't there more of a push here?
Why do you keep trying to throw shade (that's what it feels like) onto people?
Because he knows your town and with this shade he is throwing at you, he believes that he can start a misvote on you through this message.

Oh I mean, if ProHawk is mafia that is :p
Yeah, I was thinking that too. Obviously I mistakenly started talking about Titus instead of
Prism
and this created some confusion, but continuing that seemed like an attempt at derailing and deflecting attention.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (isolation #111) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:51 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 754, ProHawk wrote:If you're paying attention to the game, why in the hell would you mistake Prism for Titus? Like where is that even a link? Even if you were playing a game with Titus somewhere else, where is that crossover?
Because they're both female and, in my eyes, were senior figures and experienced players in their respective games.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (isolation #112) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:58 am

Post by Greeting »

My list to eliminate today is:
MegAzumarill
ProHawk
and
StrangeMatter
in that order.

Maybe I just biased myself so hard into this, but I just cannot see
any
scum outside this pool.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (isolation #113) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 759, ProHawk wrote:
In post 756, Greeting wrote:
In post 754, ProHawk wrote:If you're paying attention to the game, why in the hell would you mistake Prism for Titus? Like where is that even a link? Even if you were playing a game with Titus somewhere else, where is that crossover?
Because they're both female and, in my eyes, were senior figures and experienced players in their respective games.
Titus posts nothing like Prism from my experience
I don't know what to tell you, and I don't know where you're going with this. If you think that the two posts where I accidentally mentioned Titus are not paying attention to the game, then I can only ask to look at the remaining 112, maybe except the few where I was obviously giffing and meme-ing. :?
ProHawk wrote:
In post 758, Greeting wrote:My list to eliminate today is:
MegAzumarill
ProHawk
and
StrangeMatter
in that order.

Maybe I just biased myself so hard into this, but I just cannot see
any
scum outside this pool.
Why not StrangeMatter first?

at the end of D1 you weren't willing to vote StrangeMatter at all. What changed?
Because of meta I have on them from N2082. Their play style seems to be a match to that game.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (isolation #114) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Greeting »

MegAzumarill
is lurking. Care to join us once you're done discussing in the scum thread?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (isolation #115) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Greeting »

Also, voting
StrangeMatter
at the end of D1 would be a
blunder
given the fact that there were two other wagons formed and a vanity vote at that stage of the game risked noelim.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (isolation #116) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:16 pm

Post by Greeting »

I’ve already made up my mind. I don’t think I have anything more to say now. It’ll be up to the players who are not voting to decide if they trust me, or
MegAzumarill
, or perhaps someone else. As of this particular point in the game I am willing to vote out only out of the aforementioned pool of three players.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (isolation #117) » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:12 pm

Post by Greeting »

It isn’t me and
marcistar
. Nor me and anyone else.

The push for my elim is coming from scum.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (isolation #118) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:12 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 799, ProHawk wrote:Two scum?
At least one. It's is likely that both.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (isolation #119) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:40 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 802, Meuh wrote:
In post 793, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 791, Meuh wrote:Greeting’s behaviour in the first few posts of this day just seem like scum trying to appeal to a trusted townie in order to reinforce their own place in the game

Don’t like it :eek:
???

Who are you even talking about as a trusted townie? And, what do you mean by trying to appeal to a trusted townie?
Sorry for not being clear, to me it just seemed like the way Greeting approached the start of the day was deliberately to appeal to me (who is one of the more townread players), and by appealing to me, getting his name out of the elim pool for today, or at the very least my vote off of him.
Don’t know if it fully makes sense but I’m paranoid of getting pocketed and I think that might be what Greeting’s been attempting as of late? On a reread Greeting’s early day 2 isn’t that bad in terms of pocketing potential but idk, it felt like all of our thoughts magically lined up and I don’t like that
You're a player whom I'm town reading and choosing to trust. I have certain thoughts about the game. I usually post them sooner or later. Sometimes I need to formulate them better, and that's why I asked for a PT, a place where I do it. I withhold about 10% of them - because I want to test other players so that I can draw conclusions out of the result. Even then, when I'm done with that 10%, I inform everyone of what I'm doing.

I'm town and I'm not a Town Mason. Which means that I have no automatic allies in this game. Any alliance that occurs and involves me will have to be built - and this is what I'm doing by working with you. I can't eliminate anyone myself alone from scratch. I can only try to convince other players to vote with me on someone, even then I often have to compromise which I do and I've done before both in this game and in every other mafia game I've played on this site.

That is how it looks like from my perspective, at least.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (isolation #120) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 803, ProHawk wrote:
In post 801, Greeting wrote:
In post 799, ProHawk wrote:Two scum?
At least one. It's is likely that both.
Tell me why MegAz is scum again
Very well, in shorter words. All of it can already be found in my earlier posts.

They've come to this game, done a good job doing nr 2:
In post 64, MegAzumarill wrote: I agree it's probably objectively bad for town but as a player I typically do 1 of 2 things.

That made me townread them. I left them out and started hunting for others, most notably
marcistar

But then they vanished, started being far less investigative and less interested in the game. This didn't feel right compared with their constant activity in N2081. When it came to end of D1, they visibly didn't protest against either yourself of
Meuh
being voted out. There are some classes of players in my mind, who behave in a certain way. Like, I would get if an actual newbie, who isn't that heavily invested into mafia would be unbothered. But it really irks me that
MegAzumarill
didn't care more than myself,
Prism
or even
Meuh
. Sure, I was on the
Cabd
wagon too, but I've exhaustively elaborated what led me to that place in the game back then. And this is pretty much what we get from Meg:
In post 580, MegAzumarill wrote:I'm pretty busy for the most part and skimmed through my catchup
VOTE: Cabd

Prohawk is a town read so I prefer a null read over them obviously
And a lot of inactivity.

That was when my eyebrows were beginning to rise, and when it came to D2, I was ready to question (maybe not vote them out yet) them about the few earlier days.

His recent activity explained it all. It must have been decided in the scumthread that
Prism
is being killed off in order to frame it on me. This came out of none other than himself - and even the rest of players doesn't seem to see it. Hell, even I didn't really see the correlation between myself and getting
Prism
killed, yet this logic is clearly being forced onto other townies. And here's how:
And why I think it's likely that you're the partner (and, coincidentally is a strong townlean for
marcistar
)?
In post 684, marcistar wrote:why does it imply greeting but not imply prohawk :yawn:
In post 685, MegAzumarill wrote:I mean it does but more strongly for Greeting

It gets into Wifom for prohawk but with Greeting its more straightforward
Marcistar
showed very much townie energy with that post and explained the flawed logic. The reads which are being used against me are being used very selectively. This isn't
MegAzumarill
tunnelling
Greeting
to no end energy. This is scum
MegAzumarill
framing
Greeting
energy.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (isolation #121) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:36 am

Post by Greeting »

Here's who's still alive as of now:

StrangeMatter
Meuh
Cape90
Greeting
ProHawk
marcistar
MegAzumarill

Meuh
and
Cape90
are almost universally townread.

Which leaves:
StrangeMatter
Greeting
ProHawk
marcistar
MegAzumarill

I'm relatively outspoken plus there is this whole PT speculation, which explains the mafia's direction D2.
Marcistar
is ambiguous, seemed to be townread when I was pushing that slot and now apparently people are open to seeing them as my supposed scum partner. If I am correct about the earlier mentioned trio,
marcistar
is probably the reserve wagon in case the scums cannot pull mine off.

It worries me that it's hard to see the correlations amongst
MegAzumarill
ProHawk
StrangeMatter
. I mean,
ProHawk
recently has made some points, in , which, although I disagree that two days before EOD is time to exert pressure, are in general fair enough.
MegAzumarill
has said something about pairing me with them as scum, in , but it doesn't feel like real pressure to me.
StrangeMatter
's attitude towards voting this game has been difficult to say the least.

Maybe it's
MegAzumarill
/
StrangeMatter
? It seems to fit as well. But I still think it's
MegAzumarill
/
ProHawk

My vote is staying where it is now, but consider this to be my willingness to hammer either one of
ProHawk
or
StrangeMatter
if it comes to either getting at E-1.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (isolation #122) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Greeting »

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (isolation #123) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 820, MegAzumarill wrote:Did you take my gun?
I'm European, what is a gun?

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (isolation #124) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:46 am

Post by Greeting »

With 1 day and 17 hours left, it would be highly preferable if we made a decision by tomorrow this time. @
Cape90
@
Meuh
@
StrangeMatter
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (isolation #125) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:03 am

Post by Greeting »

So now
Meuh
is choosing to ignore me and go with
MegAzumarill
. It's a real shame.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (isolation #126) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:45 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 837, Cape90 wrote:
In post 833, Greeting wrote:So now
Meuh
MegAzumarill
. It's a real shame.
So you have a reason to defend Meg like this? Look I think Meg is town but what gives here?
I'm not defending anyone, especially not
MegAzumarill
? If you meant
Meuh
and not
MegAzumarill
, I've outlined my view on them before, most recently in and .

I'm just expressing my disappointment at this post.
Meuh wrote: I mean I’m fine with a Greeting lim, he could be scum with either Marci or ProHawk, I don’t think Marci/ProHawk is S/S
I consider
MegAzumarill
and
ProHawk
to be prime scum suspects, and obviously they need to win over townies to vote me out.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (isolation #127) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:21 am

Post by Greeting »

(To all townies, including the one townie left amongst
MegAzumarill
ProHawk
and
StrangeMatter
.)

If you think I'm town, or at least more towny than
MegAzumarill
ProHawk
and
StrangeMatter
than all I can is ask you
is to vote for one of them
. I'll jump on whichever wagon of those three emerges as the most likely elim, unless it's
MegAzumarill
- in that case the vote is already there. I've made my preferences very clear, so my choice will reflect that. But so far it looks like the competing wagon might be me.

I think that eliminating one of them this Day is key to pushing the game forward.

I will be soon heading to sleep. I will definitely be around tomorrow afternoon, but cannot guarantee that I'll be around earlier than that. Highly depends on how busy my day will be.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (isolation #128) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 848, Meuh wrote:
In post 833, Greeting wrote:So now
Meuh
MegAzumarill
. It's a real shame.
I laughed. :lol: Might steal this to use in my signature after the game is over!

I wonder how this meme will age. Most likely really badly.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (isolation #129) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 852, Meuh wrote:
This string of posts just really looks like scum who's desperate after someone they relied on (me) shifted their view on them.

The pink bits just seem like Greeting trying to invoke emotions in me to make me feel bad, stupid or rude for even suggesting that liming him would be okay, very scummy to me. Maybe I am stupid for wanting to lim you, but I'd rather stay true to my reads and what I think is right than not trusting myself just because you made me feel bad :lol:
I tried to appeal to logic several times. Didn’t work. So I’m turning to my second resort. I would call it an appeal to trust. I’m not sure if trust is an emotion. I suppose it kinda is?

You focused on the tone of my posts, but completely ignored the content. Why?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (isolation #130) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Greeting »

With regard to feeling bad or making someone else feel bad... this is a game. I am trying to build an alliance with people who I think are townies to solve the game, but see the alliance slipping away. It is disappointing to me and I’m not going to hide it. Still, I don’t think all is lost and I will continue to push for an elim of one of those three. At least when I’m gone from this game I will have no regrets.

And I don’t think
marcistar
is scum anymore, so I won’t be voting for her either.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (isolation #131) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:30 pm

Post by Greeting »

I remember how I tried the same thing in N2082 - to find allies and get them to go with me in a common direction. I wasn’t a despot. I narrowed the list of suspects down to four players (and it was correct, the two scums were there!) and tried to get everyone to focus on it - including the people who were in it. This attempt, however, backfired and I was forced to self-hammer (I had promised to do that in that game when time comes).

Why is buddying up to other people considered scummy? How else am I supposed to win this game as town? I can’t vote out anyone by myself. One can accomodate people to a very high degree and even then it’s not enough. Eh.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (isolation #132) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:12 am

Post by Greeting »

Very well.
Greeting
is the Town Cop.

I investigated
marcistar
N1 and they’re town.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (isolation #133) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:21 am

Post by Greeting »

Meuh
, well done. You brought me to the scums on a silver plate. I’m bitter about this, because I was hoping to elim one of the trio and then investigate one of the other. But it’ll fail now. I hope you’re scum and if you are, then you really played me well. If you’re town then this is very unfortunate.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (isolation #134) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:09 am

Post by Greeting »

I’m pretty much useless at this point anyway, so feel free to vote me out. It’s sad how this played out, but I have no regrets.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (isolation #135) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:20 am

Post by Greeting »

VOTE: Greeting
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (isolation #136) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:39 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 874, StrangeMatter wrote:Wha-why???

Get off of Greeting please.
No, it’s okay. Go on, hammer this if you wish. If it takes down
MegAzumarill
D3 then it should be done.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (isolation #137) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:52 am

Post by Greeting »

We have 15 hours left.
It is time to decide.

I willingly put myself at E-1. Do the deed, then go for
MegAzumarill
and
ProHawk
. And the game, although this may be hard to believe, can still be won.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (isolation #138) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:08 am

Post by Greeting »

@
everyone

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (isolation #139) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:36 am

Post by Greeting »

Thank you for the game. I sincerely congratulate the scum team for a very deserved win, especially StrangeMatter.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (isolation #140) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by Greeting »

Thanks for your feedback,
Prism
In post 453, Greeting wrote:But maybe calm down first please. You're clearly getting worked up and incredibly emotionally involved. Happens to all of us, and I've also been guilty of that. Not that I'm gaslighting you, but when we let emotions take over, logic and observation comes second.
Looks like I inadvertently predicted my own downfall. Posting this, little did I know,
I
would ultimately be the drama. :lol:
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (isolation #141) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by Greeting »

I don’t really have much to say, to be fair the heated argument in the Dead Thread wore me out. But I can say that after Meuh hammered me and I found out that ProHawk wasn’t the second scum, I heavily suspected her due to their obvious „alliance” with MegAzumarill and the hammer itself.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (isolation #142) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by Greeting »

I almost forgot. Hopefully, after redactions, my notes PT will be published soon. Yes, this was real and I relied on it extensively when I still was in the game. The reason for me asking for one was... because I was Town Cop and I quickly figured out that I needed to keep tabs on everyone to make the best possible choices for investigation.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (isolation #143) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Greeting »

Regardless of whatever was the time I made the post with my reads, I think it would have been unlikely for any game host to intervene. It was my mistake and my job to answer for it and Datisi would have been in the wrong if they tried to clean up the mess. In my PT, it was clearly stated not to copy directly from it, a rule which I treated too lightly.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”