Newbie 2087 | Celebrating Betty White | End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:29 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 12, Ahri wrote:Random Questions:

(1) What name should we call you by?
(2) What's your mafia experience like?
(3) What's your favourite mafia role?
(4) Have you played League of Legends, and if so, what's your favourite champion?
(5) Give me one player in this game who you think will probably be town, and one player who you think will probably be mafia (not yourself).
(1)
"Progo", "Woshua" and "ProgoWoshua" are all equally fine.

(2)
Playing in-person with an undersized group (7 players max).

(3)
In the aforementioned in-person games, the roles and alignments of the people who died are not revealed. My favorite role was the Medium, who alone knows said roles and alignments.

(4)
I never played League of Legends before. Sorry,

(5)
From my point of view, everyone but myself has a 25% chance of being mafia right now. Further observations are required to narrow down the probabilities further.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 33, Ahri wrote:I mean currently of those who have posted I have Progo > Lickety rn out of the people who have posted
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:29 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 44, Somnus wrote:Image

Did I image correctly???
In post 45, Somnus wrote:Apparently not
In post 46, Somnus wrote:One more try without the extra bracket. Image

Fail???
Try using "Reply" instead of "Quick Reply". Then you can preview your comments before posting.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:33 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

Also, you're with the wrong link. Once you find the image you want, make sure to
Open image in a new tab
. Otherwise it wont work.
The link you want is https://c.tenor.com/Ov6OCzfR9AUAAAAC/be ... -dance.gif, not https://tenor.com/view/betty-white-danc ... if-8173211
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:53 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 61, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 37, Ahri wrote:for some reason I get some good vibes from Cat Scratch Fever even though he's not here we're looking at a Lickety Malcolm team right now ngl
This username generates so much inherent charisma lol.

---

I'm getting good early townfeels from Quick and maybe Ahri.

There's been a little bit to chew on in the game already, but Somnus and Progo's posting have been exclusively off topic so far, which I don't like. I'd like to see wagons build on either of them. Wagon ho!

VOTE: Progo
Well, that's rude!
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:56 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

For now, I'll vote for the people who haven't shown up yet.

VOTE: Andante
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:06 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 70, Andante wrote:Hey yall! this seems like a fun crowd to play with, and I look forward to the game!! We're all sharing how experienced we are? umm I have like 8-9 years from EpicMafia (2012 till it died) then have been here since, wouldn't say I'm a pro at this, always learning!! And uhh you can call me Andante/Anda/anything close, I really don't mind,

Just gonna say sorry ahead of time, I'm usually strongest early game, and I'm gonna be V/LA till like Jan 18th/19th really busy with IRL stuff right now, probably going to try and show up tomorrow and give thoughts, but 16-18 probably can't say anything, we'll see what happens!

My early thoughts thus far? umm nothing is really standing out yet, but that's cause nothing game related is really happening. I like Progo trying to get a wagon on me going to get something to happen, however, I don't really recommend voting people for not showing up, like, if people just never show up, they get replaced, it's a lot better to have like 2-3 of yall vote someone who you know is around and will give you reactions. Now you'll probably go "It worked! Andante showed up!!!" yeah I'm here, but it's morning, and this'll likely be all you get from me today. Also, just keep in mind when yall are wagoning someone, have an idea of how many votes are on that person. As a general rule, Do not put someone at E-1 unless you are ok with limming them. So uhh please don't make people E-1 off the rule of "they haven't talked" thanks!

Alright got stuff I need to go deal with, might try and come back later today, if not, I'll be back roughly this time tomorrow
Fair enough. UNVOTE: Andante.

So... VOTE: Cat Scratch Ferver,
because I'm a dog person
because you voted for me!
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:00 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

UNVOTE: Cat Scratch Fever. I thought through it, and I really doubt that she's mafia.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:01 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

I'm at least certain that between Cat and Ahri there's at least one Townie.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:14 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 84, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 81, ProgoWoshua wrote:UNVOTE: Cat Scratch Fever. I thought through it, and I really doubt that she's mafia.
What led you to this conclusion?
Before, you posted:
In post 66, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 13, Ahri wrote: (2) two games on this site, both town, as well as some fast-paced chat mafia and irl games
Rereading this, you actually have a completed scumgame on this site

?
Here, you're exposing an inconsistency in what Ahri said that may suggest she's hiding something. This doesn't look like attempted bussing, so I doubt you're both mafia. So there's only three possibilities:

(1) You're town and Ahri is mafia. She tried to hide her experience as mafia in the last game and you pointed that out.

(2) You're mafia and Ahri is town. She made a mistake and you exploited it to draw suspicion on her.

(3) You're both town. She made a mistake and you pointed that out.

I just think (3) is the most probable.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:24 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 85, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 79, Andante wrote:uhh I don't think I made it clear in my first post, I townlean Progo for trying to get a wagon going. Feels like towny intentions. I like that!
I feel like it's pretty NAI to form wagons early game.
Uh... You voted for me before I voted for anyone.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:36 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

I did not know what NAI meant. Now I know. Apologies for the confusion.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:43 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

I'm reading the Complete List of Abbreviations. I promise this won't happen again.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

It was just defense.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:28 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

The way I see it, both Ahri and LicketyQuickety are the stars of Day 1. I think Ahri is trying way too hard to get on everyone's good terms, while LQ is doing the exact opposite, defending his position against everyone he disagrees with. In short, they're both drawing attention to themselves.

Would scum really try to draw attention to themselves this early in the game? This is literally my first game on the site, so I don't quite know where the meta is right now. But without other information, I'm giving a townlean to both of them.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:46 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

I did read it. Cat asked me to explain my reasoning, so I put it up with my own words. But I do respect you for saying it first.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #16) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:34 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 152, MalcolmTucker wrote:Hello all.
Hello, Malcolm! Glad to see you finally showing up.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:38 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

Wow. A lot happened overnight. I just read through the last 3 pages, and here are my thoughts on everyone, from least to most scummy:

Ahri and Somnus

These two are extremely town. They're the ones pushing the scumhunt forward. If it turns out one or both of them are mafia, I'll be extremely surprised and impressed.
Cat Scratch Fever
In post 190, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I do like most of Ahri's catch up. In particular, I feel like the flip flop on LQ and Andante probably comes from town. Scum tend to feel too self conscious to flip flop on their reads like that.
She says that, but doesn't really flip flops herself (unless you count her early suspicion on Somnus over off topic posts). If she's mafia and says that, I think she would try to be an example of her own comment. She didn't do that, so I think she's a Townie who hadn't had a reason to change her mind yet.
StrangeMatter

Replaced in recently and has been active since. Isn't getting along well with Cat, but I think they have town intentions.
LicketyQuickety

He isn't afraid to draw attention to himself and to loudly state his disagreement with other people. I gave him a townlean for that but apparently he does that every game, so I'm torn. I tried to read his ISO to see if I find anything to tip the scales to either side, but I got nothing.
Pale Ale Dog

Didn't show up until later. He's been somewhat involved since, but not by much.
MalcolmTucker

He appeared exactly once during the game. I'm ready to cross him off as a lurker.
Andante

She appears now and them to SR LQ, TR Somnus and cast doubt on Ahri. She also townread me while simultaneously criticizing my play. I'm suspicious of her, but I was afraid to fall into confirmation bias because... well... Saying "she was scum all along" would be really convenient for me because of said criticism. I'm glad I'm not the only one to suspect her.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #18) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:35 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 257, Ahri wrote:
In post 232, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 158, Ahri wrote:Somnus isn't dying before me on Day 1 or Day 2 (assuming both of us lives through N1) and I cba for people to waste time reading someone who won't be voted
Whatever you (all) are seeing in Somnus to Lock Town them, I'm just not seeing it.
that's great, they're still not dying before me (at least in daytime) :)
Why do you keep saying that? What if a majority of people suddenly decided to vote Somnus?
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #19) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:56 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 265, MalcolmTucker wrote:
...but obviously just all choosing at random risks someone important getting kicked out without being able to put up much of a defence.
Why's that? If random votes put someone at E-1, they'll have time to defend themselves before the hammering vote. Neither mafia or town would hammer early. Whoever does it would immediately draw suspicion to themselves.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 288, Ahri wrote:
In post 131, ProgoWoshua wrote:The way I see it, both Ahri and LicketyQuickety are the stars of Day 1. I think Ahri is trying way too hard to get on everyone's good terms, while LQ is doing the exact opposite, defending his position against everyone he disagrees with. In short, they're both drawing attention to themselves.

Would scum really try to draw attention to themselves this early in the game? This is literally my first game on the site, so I don't quite know where the meta is right now. But without other information, I'm giving a townlean to both of them.
hold up I just noticed this xD

whose good terms am I trying to get on?

I have two locktown in Somnus and CSF, who I hope can vibe with me but other than that idt I've tried to gain the favour of anyone else
This is mostly outdated information. At that time you were mostly making casual talk and greetings with everyone but LQ. You quickly got more serious with townleans and scumleans right afterwards.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #21) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 293, Ahri wrote:
In post 91, ProgoWoshua wrote:I'm reading the Complete List of Abbreviations. I promise this won't happen again.
In post 96, ProgoWoshua wrote:It was just defense.
I'll just quote these two posts for reference

@Somnus @CSF @LQ what do y'all think of these two, it was mostly skipped by in analysis iirc

and progo pls if you're town explain to me why you need to justify that it was "just defense", this phrase is literally the only thing I have against you right now
This is my first game on this site. I simply had no idea defense post are bad.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #22) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 302, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 301, StrangeMatter wrote:
Just...something about Ahri's posts are just worded strangely and I can't put my finger on why.
It might be because they are from Korea.

And can people stop coloring their posts for no reason? It's annoying.
Ab
so
lu
te
ly
not!
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #23) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:01 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 316, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 312, Ahri wrote:I don't really like the reasoning you have there though, I feel like there are more sideline players than pogo and if you saw their reads post, their reads are generally aligned with us

what I wanted your opinion on was his defensive nature lol
Idk I haven't really noticed that much defensiveness from him tbh. He seems more overly apologetic than anything. Like is a weirdly apologetic reaction that could be awkward scum not knowing how to respond.

And by sitting on the sidelines, I mean there's a difference between posting and not doing much with your posting, and being busy IRL.

He actually still hasn't reacted to my scumread on him... I just get the general feeling that he's unsure how to react to certain things.
Sorry for being apologetic I guess.

There's not much else to say. I already deduced you're town a long time ago.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #24) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:14 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 319, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 318, ProgoWoshua wrote:I already deduced you're town a long time ago.
................................ sorry?
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:29 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 321, LicketyQuickety wrote: I guess I would be willing to hear you out how you deduced this, but deducing anything in a Mafia game is pretty much impossible. The only time it is possible is if you have a Town or Scum clear as an alignment cop.

There are just very few times where deduction actually works in Mafia. Most reads are more probable than not given the right information, but deducing is something that I personally just don't think can be done with any certainty.
Deduce was the wrong word, but I TR Cat based on her noticing of an inconsistency with Ahri's explanation of her past experiences on the site. And this one that I included in my last reads post:
In post 228, ProgoWoshua wrote:
Cat Scratch Fever
In post 190, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I do like most of Ahri's catch up. In particular, I feel like the flip flop on LQ and Andante probably comes from town. Scum tend to feel too self conscious to flip flop on their reads like that.
She says that, but doesn't really flip flops herself (unless you count her early suspicion on Somnus over off topic posts). If she's mafia and says that, I think she would try to be an example of her own comment. She didn't do that, so I think she's a Townie who hadn't had a reason to change her mind yet.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #26) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 324, LicketyQuickety wrote:
While I think this points to Cat more often than not being Town here, it's not completely impossible to not do the thing you are pointing out as Scum. The question is whether there is an opportunity to do it or not. But if there is not an opportunity to do it, then it would make you look bad for forcing things.

Does that make sense to you?
"While I think this points to Cat being Town more often than not, it's possible to not do that as Scum. The question is whether there is an opportunity to do it. But if there isn't, then it would make you look bad for forcing things."

"Does that make sense to you?"
Yes.

But I disagree. In Day 1, other people have only a 25% chance of being mafia. If you found something that points to them being town "more often than not" that's enough for now.

In post 328, Ahri wrote:
anyways @progo if you're town, what I really want to see from you is less of this passive response in defending yourself but more of a

1) idc what you guys think i'm vibing with my posts
2) X person who is sussing me has a good reason, so they're probably town, Y person who is sussing me has a bad reason, so they're probably mafia
3) y'all have no reason to sus me I am playing perfectly

like the main thing that led me to tr you in the beginning was your carefree attitude, so if you're town just continue that, no more of this reactiveness ;-;
What do you mean by "no more of this reactiveness"? I genuinely TR everyone who's voting for me. Should I just not respond at all?
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #27) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:39 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 333, Ahri wrote:
GO HAM BRO ATTAC SOME PEOPLE
You know what, you're totally right!
I once read in the wiki somewhere that "in every relevant wagon, there's at least one scum". So I hereby declare that I'll rethink everything I ever said about these people:
Cat Scratch Fever
LicketyQuickety
and
Ahri
I now firmly believe there's a scum in there.

I'll start with LQ, since he was the one I was most divided on:

VOTE: LicketyQuickety

On the other hand, StrangeMatter had the opportunity to jump in the Progo Wagon but didn't. They're cool.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #28) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:04 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 338, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 318, ProgoWoshua wrote:Sorry for being apologetic I guess.

There's not much else to say. I already deduced you're town a long time ago.
Even so, I think it's worth engaging in a conversation with the people on your wagon to try and change people's minds, so if you're town, town isn't voting town the entire day.
Alright, I'll give it a shot.

First, do you agree with this post from Ahri?
In post 291, Ahri wrote:
like progo

My issue with you being town: You have a really carefree attitude sprinkled in with some logic, and the two defensive posts in the middle of your ISO just stick out so much
[...]

My issue with you being mafia: if you're mafia, your reads limits you and your partner's gameplay drastically
[...]
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #29) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:22 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 358, Pale Ale Dog wrote:Vote: Strangematter
You need to bold it or use the vote tag, otherwise it won't be counted.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #30) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:07 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 364, Pale Ale Dog wrote: I understand Wifom is like casting doubt on something
Not necessarily. It's a type of mind game.

For example, imagine a game with a cop that everyone knows who they are, and a doctor but nobody knows who they are. At night the doctor should protect the cop, right?

But then, if the mafia knows the doctor will protect the cop, they'll obviously kill someone else... But if the doctor is smart, they'll realize that, and assuming the cop is safe they should protect someone else at random to try and save another life... BUT THEN, if the mafia expects the doctor to pull this sort of stuff, they'll pick the cop...

This goes on forever. It all comes down to both sides picking the optimal but expected option, or the sub-optomal but unexpected one. The best options depends on what the other side picks. This is the WIFOM.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #31) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 366, Pale Ale Dog wrote:
In post 365, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 364, Pale Ale Dog wrote: I understand Wifom is like casting doubt on something
Not necessarily. It's a type of mind game.

For example, imagine a game with a cop that everyone knows who they are, and a doctor but nobody knows who they are. At night the doctor should protect the cop, right?

But then, if the mafia knows the doctor will protect the cop, they'll obviously kill someone else... But if the doctor is smart, they'll realize that, and assuming the cop is safe they should protect someone else at random to try and save another life... BUT THEN, if the mafia expects the doctor to pull this sort of stuff, they'll pick the cop...

This goes on forever. It all comes down to both sides picking the optimal but expected option, or the sub-optomal but unexpected one. The best options depends on what the other side picks. This is the WIFOM.
That's a complete, er mindf.... Thanks for clarifying.
Fun fact: WIFOM stands for "Wine in front of me", which is a name taken from this scene from "The Princess Bride":

ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (isolation #32) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

Cat, please answer my question from #348
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (isolation #33) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:17 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 386, Ahri wrote:like I'm thinking about it in this perspective:

if we vote out progo, and they flip mafia -> fabulous, but they don't have many relevant interactions with people
if we vote out progo, and they flip town -> what info do we actually get? their reads are still aligned with ours, Somnus and CSF are still town, Ahri is still (maybe) town, LQ is still logically town, and the bottom 3 + lurkers are still at the bottom, there's no significant pushers on progo that we can check tomorrow, and we lose an actually decently active poster

versus if we vote out afk, and they flip mafia -> fabulous, but they don't have many interactions
if we vote out afk, and they flip town -> an afk is gone from the game, the rest of the players we can get decent information on

versus if we vote out controversial player (i.e. Ahri, Andante, LQ) and they flip mafia -> fabulous, and we get interactions
if we vote out controversial player, and they flip town -> the people pushing them now look a bit worse (for example on Ahri town flip, LQ looks worse, while Somnus, CSF look better) and (on LQ town flip, Ahri, Andante looks worse, CSF, Malcolm look better)

that's my position on today's vote

obviously, I can see how this can be seen as a fencesit, especially 5 days before deadline, a sort of insurance that if progo ends up flipping town, I can say "hey guys I tried to tell you not to" or smth like that, while if he's mafia I can try and save my mafia partner

but I genuinely feel that this vote could be better used, I'll eventually listen to the opinions of my townreads though

I do want to use an ML in PAD / LQ / Progo today (which goes severely against my initial position against afks and lurkers) but I do want to hear more from Malcolm and Andante in the coming days before making an ultimate decision on reads
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but my reads aren't aligned with yours anymore. I still think there's one mafia among you three (Ahri, LQ and Cat).

If I do get eliminated today, those are the ones I want investigated.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #34) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:27 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 434, LicketyQuickety wrote:There's nothing ruling out a Progo/Ahri team.

Spoiler:
I think she pretends to rule that out by flipping right now
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #35) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:33 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 441, Ahri wrote:
In post 436, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 434, LicketyQuickety wrote:There's nothing ruling out a Progo/Ahri team.

Spoiler:
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT DID I JUST READ

UNVOTE: Ahri
VOTE: ProgoWoshua
And just when I was about to trust her again.
Remember, once I flip town, investigate Ahri, LQ and Cat!
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #36) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:37 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 448, Ahri wrote:
In post 443, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 441, Ahri wrote:
In post 436, ProgoWoshua wrote:

Spoiler:
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT DID I JUST READ

VOTE: ProgoWoshua
And just when I was about to trust her again.
Remember, once I flip town, investigate Ahri, LQ and Cat!
btw I'm taking this as a non-pr claim, you're at 3 votes and I doubt people are good enough to check so if you're pr claim now
Nope, I'm a
Vanilla Townie
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (isolation #37) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:41 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 457, Ahri wrote:
In post 453, LicketyQuickety wrote:Ahri's play here makes no sense as Town.
BRO LQ I'M SORRY I DOUBTED LOL IF AND WHEN THIS FLIPS MAFIA YOU'RE CONFTOWN

ok seriously speaking though, if and after this flips mafia

somnus, CSF, LQ, SM are four lockededtown

scum is in me/andante/Malcolm/I legit do not even know who the last person in the game is but that person

just go me -> andante -> the last person in game

i don't see a malcolm / progo scum team with absolutely 0 agency in the game
Are you sure you sure? You could completely trip on your words and break your neck if I flip town.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #38) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:45 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

I'm warning you. You need to prepare how you're going to explain your ridiculous outburst to the rest of town tomorrow.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #39) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:46 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 469, Ahri wrote:sorry for spamming but oh my lord LMAO

LQ I offer you this: if Progo is my scum partner, I would never, ever, in a million years:

1) try to vote them and point out inaccuracies, then try to flip vote off of them, then allow them to out mafia and vote them again, thus creating two locktown SEs
2) allow them to continue talking
No, but you still can be scum, just not with me.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (isolation #40) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:48 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

UNVOTE: LicketyQuickety
VOTE: Ahri

Ahri is my top SR right now. If it turns out that she isn't, LQ and Cat are still an option.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (isolation #41) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 474, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Also Progo's reaction has been kinda towny since Ahri started hardpushing him... @_@
Ironically, I'm only acting like that BECAUSE of what Ahri told me the first time she was voting for me.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #42) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 480, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 478, Ahri wrote:
In post 476, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 469, Ahri wrote:sorry for spamming but oh my lord LMAO

LQ I offer you this: if Progo is my scum partner, I would never, ever, in a million years:

1) try to vote them and point out inaccuracies, then try to flip vote off of them, then allow them to out mafia and vote them again, thus creating two locktown SEs
2) allow them to continue talking
Why not?
bc in the PT / QT / PM / whatever the private message is called I would tell them to mute and let me try to defuse things and deflect attention

regardless if you think we're two mafia he still gets voted out today
You only started being "sure" Progo was Scum after I said you could be teamed with them. So explain that.
I really wanted to stick by and watch, but it's 1 am where I am, so bye!
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (isolation #43) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:40 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

My current reads go like this:

- The first scum is Ahri, Cat or LQ. I believe there's exactly one scum among that group.

- The second scum can be anyone else. I suspect SM the least, and if Ahri is the first scum, then Somnus is definitely not the second.

And just to be clear, I fully expect to be eliminated Day 1. I have no idea how to defend myself without look scummy. My only hope is to have my reads taken seriously once I inevitably flips town.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (isolation #44) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:03 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

Somnus, if Ahri is the scum I'm looking for, then she brought your trust since the beginning of the game, and pretends to keep that trust until you help her mis-eliminate someone in an ELo situation.

Please, be more skeptical of Ahri. Don't play with emotion. Play with logic.
Always play with logic!
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (isolation #45) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 543, Andante wrote:why not?
Because he's about to be replaced?
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #46) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

How about this:

Imagine for a second that I'm wrong. There's no scum among Ahri, Cat and LQ. What would happen in this scenario?

Well, there are three townies voting for me, and I'm willing to use my dying wish to cast suspicion onto them.
This is the dream scenario for the scum!

They would want for me to get eliminated right away, so that I'll flip town and the remaining townies will waste time investigating those three as I asked.

There are two ways they can do that. The reckless way, with both scum jumping on my wagon wagon and getting me eliminated right away. Of course, the first one would pretend to have reasonable doubts about me, and the second one would fake a towny intent to hammer.

And the second way is the cautious one, with one scum voting for me hoping to draw intent to hammer from another townie, while the second one keeps a low profile, so that if their plan is found out, one of them can keep hiding.

Either way, I expected another vote on my wagon by now. But there still only three votes on my wagon,
which means one of the scum is already ON the wagon, with the second scum keeping a low profile.

Therefore, there's scum among Ahri, Cat and LQ.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (isolation #47) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:53 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 562, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 560, ProgoWoshua wrote:There are two ways they can do that. The reckless way, with both scum jumping on my wagon wagon and getting me eliminated right away. Of course, the first one would pretend to have reasonable doubts about me, and the second one would fake a towny intent to hammer.

And the second way is the cautious one, with one scum voting for me hoping to draw intent to hammer from another townie, while the second one keeps a low profile, so that if their plan is found out, one of them can keep hiding.
Well Somnus has already said they're planning to vote for you

But tbh, I think anyone trying to push through an elimination right now would draw a lot of suspicion. Because it's way too early to end the day imo.
Are you saying that it's likely that Somnus is scum then?

And I disagree with the second part. My death would implicate the bad time trio more than anyone else. It isn't uncommon for town to eliminate early if they're certain on their choice. And if Somnus isn't scum, then they just got a really nice patsy to deliver the hammer for them.

I repeat, this situation described is just too good. The scum would have picked it if it was available. Even if one of the scum gets implicated for it, the possibility of two mis-eliminations in a row would make up for it (as it would immediately put the game in ELo)
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (isolation #48) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:55 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 563, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:If Ahri is scum and you're town, why do you think she shifted off of you in , and tried to help you out?
I don't know. It may be a genius diversion. Or Ahri may be town after all. Remember, I believe there's exactly one scum among you three (meaning the other two are town). For all I know, you could be the scum I'm looking for.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (isolation #49) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:03 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 574, Ahri wrote:
In post 572, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 563, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:If Ahri is scum and you're town, why do you think she shifted off of you in , and tried to help you out?
I don't know. It may be a genius diversion. Or Ahri may be town after all. Remember, I believe there's exactly one scum among you three (meaning the other two are town). For all I know, you could be the scum I'm looking for.
exactly 1 xD
Yes, did I say something wrong?
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (isolation #50) » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:37 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 660, Ahri wrote:EBWOP: tabbing didn't work.

Why I’m Voting Progo

I extremely dislike Progo’s reaction to me calling the scum team as LicketyQuickety and Pale Ale Dog, where he states in 436 that I “pretend to rule out” a Progo / Ahri team by immediately flipping to vote onto Progo.
The reasoning behind this is simple: if Progo is a town, I don’t need to rule out a Progo / Ahri team, because Progo is the one being bw’ed currently. If he claims a pr, or if he outs town and the vote flips off of him, a Progo / Ahri team is immediately not possible because he’s town. However, if he is unable to save himself, and he flips town, in D2 a Progo / Ahri team is still not possible.

He puts me in his top two townreads, and yet states that I am “pretending” to rule out a mafia team; a mafia team with him, no less. The keyword here which made me flip was the word “pretend”. If he truly trs both Somnus and me as his top two trs, there is absolutely no reason for him to use the word “pretend”, a word with an obviously negative connotation.

My conviction on voting him is further strengthened when he says “if I flip town” in. It’s clearly not a use of third person perspective; throughout the game, he constantly states “once I flip town”, such as in 443.
The phrase “And just when I was about to trust her again" doesn’t help. When I’m trying to flip the vote off of him, he calls me “pretending”, but then when I vote him back, when Cat Scratch Fever and LicketyQuickety are voting him and are arguably lower on his own reads list, he refuses to sr these two, and goes on to vote me eventually. He says there is 1 mafia in the wagon on him, but votes me because that’s the easiest push for today out of us three, as others have shown an intention to vote me.

Why I Can’t Be Mafia

How many interactions today have been created by me? Literally, look back at all of your reads; how many reads have been developed based on something I’ve done? If I just sit back and afk, pretend like I have nothing to do, the game is not being developed. There was a decent exchange between Andante and LicketyQuickety on early pages, but that eventually amounted to nothing. Furthermore, there has been essentially no interaction outside of me; I’m not saying that generating content is inherently towny, but if I was mafia, is there a point furthering the game? The main point is when LicketyQuickety and Cat Scratch Fever try to start a wagon on Progo the only two reasons that I would defend as mafia are simple:

(1) Progo is my scum partner, and I want to protect them.

If you believe this case, first of all, you should be voting Progo, and not me, when I can be town without Progo but he can’t be town without me. Secondly, do I point out the defensive posts in the main thread, instead of telling him in our dm? Do I try to flip off of Progo, and immediately get scared off of someone calling a Progo / Ahri scumteam? If I’m going to try to save my scum partner, I’m going to do it properly and not flip off after one person calls us teamed.

(2) Progo is town, and I want to gain his trust.

In this case, there is an obvious defense: I already had Progo’s trust. He called me and Somnus the top 2 towns in this game. He openly stated that “if either Ahri or Somnus is mafia, I will be very surprised”. I’m already defending him and stating that he doesn’t have a reason to give relatively accurate reads as mafia, narrowing down his own pool. So the question is, what is the point of me flipping back to vote on him? Like I said multiple times, if Progo is town and I am mafia, I do not get scared by a Progo / Ahri team call. He’s the one being voted, not me. Once he either outs or flips town, that team call eventually collapses, and doesn’t need me to vote Progo to change that. Furthermore, I create the interaction of calling LicketyQuickety and Pale Ale Dog two mafia, and vote myself when Progo is being voted. If he’s town and I’m mafia, there is absolutely zero reason to change the attention onto me; perhaps I can fencesit and say I think progo is town, like I did, but there is no reason for me to drastically attack both LicketyQuickety and Pale Ale Dog.

Lastly, I’ve been tr’ing Somnus and Cat Scratch Fever, and trying my best to make them locktown. Obviously, if I’m mafia, I can make these two reads incredibly easily since I know who mafia is. However, like I stated with why I didn’t like Progo mafia initially, narrowing down a possible elim pool is incredibly bad. If my point is to try and get Somnus and Cat Scratch Fever to trust me, I already succeeded. There is no point of furthering to lock them town; the point of mafia is to make themselves look better than town; I don’t care if Somnus and Cat Scratch Fever look better than me, because we’re collectively town. The logic is that when Player X trs Player Y, Player Y has an obviously higher status than Player X. If I really needed a town to trust me, I can continue with our little “Golden Girls townbloc” of 2, without having to extend an invitation to Cat Scratch Fever. By making two players who the table agrees are generally townlocks, I’ve made their status highly above mine.

Analysis on Somnus, the Town Book

I initially insta tr’ed Somnus for their entrance, which felt extremely pure. This continued when I saw their post reacting to me inviting them into a block with me, where they had even more pure chat. This, coupled with his willingness to be the second poster of the game, made me confident enough to locktown him. The thing that made me not even want to consider Somnus mafia is that his notes feel incredibly genuine. They are long, long documentations of essentially everything that happened this game, and I see nothing that could remotely be pr hunting. Either he has two sets of notes, one for pr hunting and one for town hunting, which seems extremely, extremely over for a newbie game, or he just has this one set of notes and is town. (He could have no pr notes whatsoever as mafia, which I feel is extremely unlikely). I’ve been called out for insta tr’ing Somnus, most notably by LicketyQuickety, and that’s reasonable; however, I like playing flamboyantly, and will often overstate my reads or overreact to something. Me conftowning Somnus and saying “I won’t read him anymore” doesn’t truly mean that; but when I see his notes and his reaction to me tr’ing him, I am even more confident in this read as the game progresses.

Analysis on Cat Scratch Fever, the Town Porter

Some newbies will call me out for this comment, but I don’t really care. You’re dying tonight. You are the only possible person mafia can kill tonight. You have carried this game so far on your back, hence my designation of you as the town porter. You have done everything in your power so far, checking practically every player as well as trying to teach newbies how to play. The initial reason people tr’ed you was reasonable; I omitted a mafia game I played on MS (which I genuinely forgot about lol, I think we lost it) and you background checked me and pointed it out. I didn’t feel like it was a big deal, but it shows that you’re genuinely trying to play the game. Regardless, I furthered my tr on you when you’re genuinely trying to interact with every player. THe most recent example might be with StrangeMatter, where they’re arguing with me about how to read lurking vs active players, and they’re using a (in my opinion) bad strategy on reading lurkers before active posters. You could have stood by on the sidelines, instead of stepping in and trying to correct his gamestyle. This is again extremely prevalent in the game, not necessarily with me; for example, when people were initially voting Progo, you disagreed with my and LicketyQuickety’s reasoning for voting him, but still voted him nonetheless. This type of splitting is the only type of splitting that isn’t scummy; disagreeing with a reason, but still agreeing with the result. Cat Scratch Fever can easily call people out for reasons already stated, but they choose not to.

My IQ Loss on calling LicketyQuickety and Pale Ale Dog

Like I´ve stated, I really liked progo´s carefree attitude that they displayed initially, and since they were willing to change their defensive nature, I unvoted him initially. Furthermore, even though LicketyQuickety has had good logic throughout the game, I didn like their posts from an attitude perspective (hence the gut feeling)When I call LicketyQuickety mafia, the only second mafia that can really follow is Malcolm or Pale Ale Dog; his interactions with Andante eliminate them as a team, Cat Scratch Fever and Somnus are two of my locktowns, he´s not mafia with progo pushing them, and StrangeMatter seemed town at that point. I called this team mainly to see LicketyQuicketyś reaction until Progo ¨slipped¨.

Overall Statement on Gamestate

I’ll start posting scumread paragraphs if people other than Cat Scratch Fever and LicketyQuickety want to actually start playing the damn game. I know I’ve been having fun, whether it be making overreactions, conftowning players in a buddylike manner, and jumping all over the place with random reads. However, I’m genuinely frustrated that in a game where I have posted perhaps 25% of the game (don’t quote me on it) and am trying my best to interact with every player to try to guage their alignment, I’m being pushed on Day 1. People agree with my reads on Somnus and Cat Scratch Fever, yet aren’t respecting their tr’s on me. I genuinely don’t understand what players outside of Somnus, Cat Scratch Fever, and LicketyQuickety are doing. Andante disappears for a couple of days, pops in with two random reads on Progo and Malcolm (?), drops a vote on me, and asks why they’re being called out for their terrible interaction with LicketyQuickety on page 6 (somewhere around there). StrangeMatter would rather read afks and lurkers than the active posters who are having conflicts or clashes and refuses to listen. Malcolm afk’ed the first ten pages and now drops in with a vote on me for reasons that I can´t comprehend, while making reads synonymous to rng.org. Pale Ale Dog sheeps everything Cat Scratch Fever and LIcketyQuickety said, and then dropped off of the radar.

To be fair, I would be frustrated as mafia as well, after posting so much. But I am even more pissed as town, mainly because I am willing to put in the time and effort to talk to each and every player, to try to push on people to see how they react and to check their alignment, the time and effort to post daily explaining things or questioning things, to make reads with little caution of being wrong in order to progress the game, the time and effort that some people in this game are unable or unwilling to put in, and I´m on the chopping block for Day 1?

What´s the plan after I flip town? Or since Progo apparently didn´t slip, whatś the plan if I flip town? Cat Scratch Fever is dying, and if the read on LicketyQuickety, the game is just lost. I love Somnus and he´s locktown and all, but he seems more inclined to follow others. Malcolm and Andante have both shown intent to come back and post, but when it hasn´t happened, I´m not hoping for anything. StrangeMatter would rather read the people who aren´t even here, so that´s not going to lead to anything, and Pale Ale Dog is awaiting replacement.

Look back to Day 1, and think about how most of the ¨information¨ has been attained. If I get limmed, once I roll mafia in the future, I´m just going to be useless, not post at all, and when Iḿ prodded, roll something on rng.org and make some ¨reads¨ and go back to doing whatever I was doing before that MS game.

I am genuinely frustrated, angry, and disappointed in this game. At the fact that I am a possible lim on D1, but not because I might be limmed; if CSF is voting me, or Somnus is voting me, or even if LicketyQuickety is voting me, I respect that there´s a reason they are and I did something wrong. But when my bw is full of people who haven´t been playing the game, who have made essentially useless and irrelevant reads, when I have been trying my goddamn best to make reads and help other players make valuable reads by talking to everyone and trying to understand various perspectives, while questioning others.

If people continue to vote me for irrational and frankly stupid reasoning, I´m not posting my sr paragraphs. Consider this a tantrum or a threat if you want. I don´t give a shit. I am done trying my best when others clearly aren´t, and just want an easy lim. If other people aren´t willing to play properly, I´m not going to either.

Again, I´m not mad at all at the possibily of me being limmed. Cat Scratch Fever found a game I omitted; that´s a red flag. LicketyQuickety pointed out what looks like TMI; that´s a red flag. Somnus pointed out the possibility that I might be buddying them; that´s a reg flag. But frankly, Andante, Malcolm, and even possibly Progo (maybe even StrangeMatter as well), the only word that can describe your reasons is the word ¨stupid¨.

Thanks for coming to my TedTalk. I´ll now be playing reactively and only respond when someone asks me a question or when it´s absolutely necessary, because apparently that´s towny, and I want to become a better town. Bye.

I have the honor to be,
Your Obedient Servant.

A.hri
Oh, that's it!?

That was that was a translation error on my part, sorry.

I meant to say "intend", not "pretend".
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #51) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:20 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

About Ahri:

Okay, Ahri's behavior is troubling. It seems that she thinks there's absolutely no way I'm not mafia. It could be that's she's mafia and is lying, but that would mean she's intentionally hyping up a wagon that she knows will flip town. I don't think there's a reason for mafia to do that.

So for now, UNVOTE: Ahri. I'm not completely crossing off the possibility she's mafia, it just doesn't seem very likely right now.

About LQ:

In post 593, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 560, ProgoWoshua wrote:
[Long explanation on why I suspect there's mafia among Ahri, Cat and LQ]
This is actually not bad given you are Town.
This can be genuine. He may actually be convinced by my argument (with the assumption that I'm town, which is fair). Or it could be that he's really mafia, and wants to be least suspected of the three. In short, his actions are sensible as both town and mafia.

About Cat:

In post 562, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 560, ProgoWoshua wrote:
[Part of the long explanation]
Well Somnus has already said they're planning to vote for you

But tbh, I think anyone trying to push through an elimination right now would draw a lot of suspicion. Because it's way too early to end the day imo.
This could also be genuine. Or it could be that she's mafia and want to discredit me so that even if I died and flips town, she can argue that I was simply wrong. In short, her actions are also sensible as both town and mafia.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (isolation #52) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:42 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 693, Andante wrote:this is what I'm talking about.. like, if effort = town. then I'm maf. but I tr progo over ahri soooo

My argument has nothing to do with effort. The mafia knows that I'm town and acting the way she's acting towards me makes no sense for someone who knows that I'm town.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (isolation #53) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:19 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

Ahri has gone completely ballistic on me. This goes way beyond claiming to be "sure". You should at least read the last couple days.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (isolation #54) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:43 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 707, Somnus wrote:Do you still believe that exactly 1 of these 3 is scum?
Yes.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (isolation #55) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:00 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 712, Somnus wrote:Ok. I need another brain to to analyze Progo's infamous comment from 436 and tell me if it actually makes sense if you swap out the word "intend" for "pretend" like he mentioned.
For starters, that comment was made with Ahri's self vote in mind.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (isolation #56) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 711, Korina wrote:Progo, you've claimed town from what I've skimmed. Do you mind giving me your readlist?
First of all, I suspect there's exactly one scum among Ahri, Cat Scratch Fever and LicketyQuickety (I'll start to refer to those three as "the trio" for short). My current reasoning goes as follows:

The first time the trio formed a wagon on me, I accused them of being scum on the grounds of "there being scum on every major wagon". This is weak reasoning on my part, and I mostly said that in response of Ahri egging me on. I, however, kept the accusation going forward to keep the pressure. Once the suspicion fell on me once again, I said that I was fine being eliminated, but that I wanted those three investigated once I flipped town.

Now imagine for a second that I was wrong, and everyone in the trio is town. I proudly offered myself to be eliminated to cast suspicion on other three townies.
This is the dream scenario for the scum.

Basically, in this scenario, the scum would want to get me eliminated asap, because them the town would waste time investigating the trio and possibly even mis-eliminating one of them (friendly reminder: two mis-eliminations in a roll immediately puts the town in ELo). At least one of the scum would vote for me (hoping that another townie would hammer). This didn't happen, so our initial assumption (that everyone in the trio is town) is wrong.

But I don't think both scum are in the trio. Otherwise, this means they both jumped on a wagon with only one other person, which is a dumb move so early on. That's why I think one, but not both, scum are on the trio.

My individual reads on the trio:

Ahri:

• The first time she jumped on my wagon, she appeared to be wanting to trust me, but had doubts. She started to pressure me to "be less reactive", which I still don't fully understand. Regardless, my accusation seemed to work and she immediately unvoted. It was because of that whole situation that I'm more assertive with my arguments and less scared of SR people. It's because of Ahri that I'm a better player now than I was when I started,
    which is why I might be biased in her favor.

Then, she started to ride her crazy train, which I was more than eager to see where it stops. Then, something I said (which, as I later realized, was a translation error on my part) made her do a 180 towards me. Since then, she's been acting like there's no way I'm not town, and really pushing for an early elimination. This change was so drastic, and her pushing was so intense, that I thought it was impossible for her to be scum. After all, if, after all that, I die and flip town she would be eliminated next for sure!

But, making a big deal of a small mistake like that (that no one else seemed to care about) is pretty scummy, so I can't let her off the hook that easily. Especially since her latest post, which are
    questionable
    , to say the least.
LicketyQuickety:

• Since the beginning of the game, he seemed... reasonable. He TR where it made sense to. And he SR when it made sense to, including players that have been townlocked a bit too early. He agreed with the above reasoning to suspect one of the trio when I first explained (with the assumption that I'm town, which he isn't completely sold on of course). As I already explained, this is a sensible move for both a town or a scum in this situation.
Cat Scratch Fever:

• She's been tunneling me since the beginning. She first voted for me since the beginning and refuses to get off me until I convince her that I'm town... somehow. When I first explained my reasoning to suspect one of the trio, she tried to undermine it. It can be that she simply doesn't believe me, or is scum and want to argue that I'm simply wrong so that she isn't suspected.
I think any of them could be scum, but if I had to rank them:

Town
  • LicketyQuickety

Ahri

Cat Scratch Fever
Scum

I haven't really paid much attention to anyone else for a while now, so I don't have any reads on them. I realized while writing this post that
this cannot be!
, so I'll be reading the thread now. I'll give my thoughts on everyone else when I'm done.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (isolation #57) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 720, ProgoWoshua wrote:Especially since her latest post, which are
questionable
, to say the least.
EBWOP: This should be plural:

Especially since her latest post
s
, which are
questionable
, to say the least.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (isolation #58) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:08 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 774, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Progo, I do still want to see that follow up to the rest of your reads list.
I'm working on it. Sorry, had to deal with real life. It sucks.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (isolation #59) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:15 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

Wait, this means you SR me or Korina the most?
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (isolation #60) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:18 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

The continuation of my reads:

TOWN LEAN

Somnus

• While I'm still taken aback for how quickly and how intensely Ahri has been Town Reading Somnus, I still agree with that. Nothing in their ISO seemed to suggest they're anything but a Townie who likes to solve the mystery.

Veredict:
    I believe they're town.
StrangeMatter

• First of all, Ahri's Post 579 was
    completely
    uncalled for. I don't blame them at all for jumping on the Ahri wagon.

Acts like they want to do investigations, and yet they didn't give their reads on many people. This can be considered scummy, because this leaves enough ambiguity to change their strategies later.

The first time a wagon on me was formed, StrangeMatter defended me. In that situation, I would expect scum to push against me. If if they don't outright vote for me, I expected at least for them to express doubt about me, so that they could vote me later. They defended me instead, so this is evidence of them being town.

Verdict:
    I believe my third point outweighs the second. So I believe they're town.
NULL

Korina

• Not much from that slot before the replacement. Pale Ale Dog was mostly afk, but he did gave a TR to Cat, LQ and Ahri, and a SR to StrangeMatter.

Korina, suspects Ahri, and it's fine wagoning on Andante or Malcolm. Their reactions are in line with what I would expect for someone who's catching on, regardless of being town or mafia.

Verdict:
    Because of them just showing up, I don't have much to say about them.
MalcolmTucker

• He haven't posted much, but I don't immediately buy the "lurker = mafia" mentality.

He suspects Ahri and Andante over general suspicious behavior.

Veredict:
    I don't have much to say. He didn't give me much to work with.
SCUM LEAN

Andante

• She confessed to being drunk during every post she made during her V/LA. During that period, she suspected LQ and argued with him.

After the V/LA, she admitted to being suspicious and claimed that anyone who says she's town has TMI and it's mafia. She then pointed out that Ahri's "I want to hear more of Andante" and calling her "controversial" are probably clever ways to avoid saying "Andante is town". She's been suspecting Ahri since.

Meanwhile, Cat is questioning her and Somnus is analyzing her posts, both of them scumleaned Andante. Andante TRd Cat for putting in the effort, but SRd Somnus for... I guess tunneling?

She TRs me and agrees with me that there was mafia in my wagon. But she's still suspecting Ahri, so that might be the reason.

Votes Pale Ale Dog's slot as soon as he asks for a replacement, to "give the new person pressure". No one followed her lead, but she does express her intentions to scumhunt that slot.

Post #664: "that is so many words. uhh if Ahri feels that confidently in something, I'm down to sheep". This is the most problematic post from her. At this point, she TR me and SR Ahri (she'll even vote Ahri again once it is clear that her vote towards PAL was going nowhere). And yet, she's willing to flip that 180º and vote me with Ahri because of her long post explaining why. Later, she'll argue against the "effort = town" mentality, which just makes it more inconsistent.

Korina (PAD's replace in) shows up. Andante interpreted Korina's Post #753 as TMI. I can't say if she's seriously suspecting Kotrina, or if she's just following through with her words about scumhunting PAD's slot.

Verdict:
    If she's town, her strategy is to act as suspicious as possible in order to catch someone with TMI. However, I don't agree with her TMI accusations against Ahri and Kotrina. It also sounds like a bad plan, because wouldn't mafia try to cast more suspicion on a townie that's casting suspicion on themselves? That's why I'm more inclined to believe Andante is mafia.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (isolation #61) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:28 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

If I'm not mistaken, the votes are:
  • Andante (3): Cat Scratch Fever, Korina, LicketyQuickety
    Ahri (3): MalcolmTucker, Andante, StrangeMatter
    Korina (1): Ahri
Ahri already claimed, but I'd like to hear from Andante soon enough. VOTE: Andante,
she's now in E-1!
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (isolation #62) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 797, Andante wrote:Verdict: If she's town, her strategy is to act as suspicious as possible in order to catch someone with TMI. However, I don't agree with her TMI accusations against Ahri and Kotrina. It also sounds like a bad plan, because wouldn't mafia try to cast more suspicion on a townie that's casting suspicion on themselves? That's why I'm more inclined to believe Andante is mafia.

This sounds like progo knows I'm town, but is just trying to go with the others and vote me for being lhf
Andante, do you seriously believe no Townie would ever give you the benefit of the doubt?
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (isolation #63) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 801, Andante wrote:no, see, I believe town would go "there's nothing to SR. Andante is just being voted off of giving no content"
the way you phrased that, sounds like you believe I'm town, but your last line is like "andante is maf! thus I voted her"
I don't have a strong belief that you're mafia. In my read of you, I tried to explain what was your strategy assuming you're town and concluded that it didn't made much sense, so I leaned mafia. I voted for you hoping to force you to claim, but your recent post made it clear you don't plan to, so I'm stuck.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (isolation #64) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 803, Andante wrote:
In post 802, ProgoWoshua wrote:I don't have a strong belief that you're mafia.
You're voting me. that means you think I'm the scummiest person here... you put my on E-1... You only put people on e-1 when you want them to die
No, I voted you because I wanted you to claim. I literally said so while voting:
In post 792, ProgoWoshua wrote:Ahri already claimed, but I'd like to hear from Andante soon enough. VOTE: Andante,
she's now in E-1!
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (isolation #65) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 806, Andante wrote:So you don't think I'm maf, and you wanted me to claim, I told you I won't and you're still not unvoting? Do you realize how all this sounds...
I scumlean you. This means that I more inclined to believe you're mafia, but I'm not confident. That's why I want you to claim, so that I can get more information to maybe make my mind one way or the other. I'm not unvoting yet because I want to see what will you do when someone express intent to hammer.
In post 807, Andante wrote:if you're town, why would you want me to claim?
So that I get more information to avoid eliminating another townie?
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (isolation #66) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:03 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 825, LicketyQuickety wrote:I do think Progo looks really bad here if you flip Town
Can you elaborate on that?
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (isolation #67) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:35 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 827, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 826, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 825, LicketyQuickety wrote:I do think Progo looks really bad here if you flip Town
You were 100% on there being one Scum in Cat/Ahri/myself and an Andante wagon pops up and you ditch that.
I never ditched that. I just had doubts about it being Ahri. And it seems unlikely that we'll vote you or Cat today.

And we still need to find the second scum.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (isolation #68) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:39 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

You were 100% on there being one Scum in Cat/Ahri/myself and an Andante wagon pops up and you ditch that.
How is this contingent to Andante's alignment?
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (isolation #69) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:08 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 831, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 830, ProgoWoshua wrote:
How is this contingent to Andante's alignment?
If Andante flips Town, it makes you look opportunistic.
Ok, I understand.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (isolation #70) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:16 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 834, Andante wrote:so if no one is going to do anything, why not just hammer me? like, I'm willing to work with people and actually lim a maf here, but if yall are deadset on me, just yeet me then I guess
Do you still refuse to claim?
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (isolation #71) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:43 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

I want to try something.

Everyone, I want to know what do you think of me and why. The more details, the better.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (isolation #72) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 987, Cape90 wrote:Progo, why are you saying right after where you called Sommus like, you top town?
That was a hypothetical. I didn't actually SR Somnus, I was just opposed to this whole "Shield of Protection" business.
k but what is tho?
it is kinda strange how Progo all of the sudden is saying that scum is one of Ahri/Lickety/Cat Scratch which all this entirely feels like inorganic "I have to make these reads literally the opposite I had them in early game" makes 0 sense other then they wanted to re-eval, but it also feels like an inorganic way to go about re-evaluating.
Before #335, I was too scared to SR people that other players TR. From #335 onward, I decided to throw that out of the window. That's how I was able to make such a drastic re-evaluation.
However with this thought, what about this thought ? Where is that? You say you disagree with Cat Scratch's idea in but this doesn't make too much sense with the aforementioned 268 post.
Read the context for . My point wasn't that mafia wouldn't hammer at all, they just wouldn't hammer too early without giving the candidate time for defending themselves.
Progo, you know your scumreads shouldn't just be limited to like 3 people right :p
Yes, I know... Looking back, it was reckless to not pay attention to everyone else at all.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (isolation #73) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:20 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1043, Cape90 wrote: 2. So were you just townreading consensus town players for the sake of it at the beginning of the game and not actually believing it? That's what I'm confused about now.
At the start, I had no idea how to play the game, so I just let other people do the thinking for me.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (isolation #74) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:25 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1044, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:@Progo, where were you going with your first post from this dayphase?
I wanted to force everyone to express their opinions of me. If someone says that I'm likely town and then jumps on my wagon once it gains traction, then they would be suspicious.

However, most people did not respond to that. I have no idea if it just got buried or if someone's avoiding to answer it.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (isolation #75) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:09 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1049, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 1046, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 1043, Cape90 wrote: 2. So were you just townreading consensus town players for the sake of it at the beginning of the game and not actually believing it? That's what I'm confused about now.
At the start, I had no idea how to play the game, so I just let other people do the thinking for me.
Surely if you understood the very basic objectives and goals of the game though then you'd still be able to formulate your own thoughts and opinions in that regard? I get why you wouldn't want to go in too heavy (personally it can seem a bit desperate to me if someone is determined they've caught someone a few hours into the game), but would it not then make sense to sit back and see how others are playing and suss them out? Instead of trying to blend in by just agreeing with what others say?
I'm not trying to defend my past self here. I agree that my play style made no sense.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1107 (isolation #76) » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:59 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

I'm sorry if this is a newbie thought but...

Shouldn't the second Mason claim? The game is now essentially without PR, and the second Mason is now essentially a named townie. If they claim now, they could instantly be cleared of all suspicion, or set up an easy PoE of two if mafia counterclaims for some reason.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1117 (isolation #77) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:55 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1109, Somnus wrote:Would it help if everyone listed their pool of like 2-3 scum candidates? I feel like I have a general idea of where everyone is, so maybe it's not necessary, but there seems to be a general consensus regarding a couple of people.
{Cat, Malcolm, Korina} for me.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (isolation #78) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:56 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 791, ProgoWoshua wrote:While I'm still taken aback for how quickly and how intensely Ahri has been Town Reading Somnus...
In post 1123, MalcolmTucker wrote:I'm also interested in why you were "taken aback" by how "intensely" Ahri was TR'ing Somnus?
The emphasis was supposed to be on "quickly". This all started before Somnus started to post their notes and analysis.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (isolation #79) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1131, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1117, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 1109, Somnus wrote:Would it help if everyone listed their pool of like 2-3 scum candidates? I feel like I have a general idea of where everyone is, so maybe it's not necessary, but there seems to be a general consensus regarding a couple of people.
A bit odd that I'm here when my current solve is {Malcolm, Korina}.

can you expand on these?
It's process of elimination. I townread Ahri, Cape and Somnus over you three.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (isolation #80) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:42 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1134, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1132, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 1131, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1117, ProgoWoshua wrote:
A bit odd that I'm here when my current solve is {Malcolm, Korina}.

can you expand on these?
It's process of elimination. I townread Ahri, Cape and Somnus over you three.
Today must be your lucky day, because there's wagons on all three of us. The world is your oyster! Which wagon will you vote?
It isn't. I would prefer to have a wagon on just one of you so that it's easier to vote. But, in the interest of moving things along:

VOTE: MalcolmTurker
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (isolation #81) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:18 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1138, MalcolmTucker wrote:@Progo what's your reasoning on me thus far? As far as I was aware you didn't particularly have a lot of suspicion on me, unless I've missed that?
As I've explained in , I narrow it down to you, Cat and Korina because I townread Ahri, Cape and Somnus over you three.

You didn't give much reason to SR you, but you also didn't give me much reason to TR you.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (isolation #82) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:49 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1142, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 1141, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 1138, MalcolmTucker wrote:@Progo what's your reasoning on me thus far? As far as I was aware you didn't particularly have a lot of suspicion on me, unless I've missed that?
As I've explained in , I narrow it down to you, Cat and Korina because I townread Ahri, Cape and Somnus over you three.

You didn't give much reason to SR you, but you also didn't give me much reason to TR you.
But I'm interested specifically here on what's making you prop for me in the vote as opposed to CSF or Korina. Not even in a defensive way - just intrigued what we're lacking in terms of a TR that the others have.

In your initial reading of CSF, you seemed to suspect them to a degree because they'd relentlessly mistrusted you for a time. You didn't really have any thoughts on me or Korina at all. What's changed there?
I just picked one at random. But if you insists:

UNVOTE: MalcolmTucker
VOTE: Korina
E-1 and stuff.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1231 (isolation #83) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:53 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1229, Ahri wrote:VOTE: ProgoWoshua

go next
Why me?
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1234 (isolation #84) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:02 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1232, Ahri wrote:
In post 1231, ProgoWoshua wrote:

go next
Why me?
bc ur maf

and im in too many games so this one needs to finish so I can play more
Why do you think I'm mafia?

And voting me now will only extend this game for another day, sorry.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1239 (isolation #85) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:13 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1238, Cape90 wrote:
In post 1237, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 1236, Somnus wrote:
In post 1232, Ahri wrote:
In post 1231, ProgoWoshua wrote:

go next
Why me?
bc ur maf

and im in too many games so this one needs to finish so I can play more
I know you've more or less checked out of this game, unfortunately, but I'm hoping you can at least provide details on your stance here.
Getting the impression Ahri has basically stopped playing and doesn't have a proper stance, just picking Progo because why not. Complicates things for the town a bit.
Either way, Progo
should
do something more today then what they have done
You're right, I should do something.

How about this?

VOTE: ProgoWoshua, I'm in E-1 now.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1243 (isolation #86) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1242, Cape90 wrote:who is the last mafia progo?
Me. I'm the most suspicious person here.

I mean, I barely had any meaningful interactions with Korina's slot, which is what I expect from a newbie scum.

After that, I voted for Korina when they were being suspected more than me. This looks like clear cut bussing, don't you think?

After reading everyone's ISOs, I decided that I'm the most likely scum partner for Korina.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1244 (isolation #87) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:39 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

Okay, I can't do this.

UNVOTE: ProgoWoshua

I wanted to make a crazy play to draw a careless hammer. But keeping up the facade for two posts was genuinely painful.

In all honest tho, today's vote should be between me and Ahri. If we're both alive at ELo, she's voting me for sure.

If the game continues after that, I'm leaning towards scum Malcolm, but I'll probably reassess depending on who votes who and who gets night killed.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1258 (isolation #88) » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:42 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

Ahri will keep voting for me while I am alive. Because she's not really playing the game anymore, nothing that happens will convince her otherwise.

With that in mind, today can end in three ways:
  • Case 1: We eliminate Mafia.
    Regardless of who they are (me, Ahri or someone else entirely), we find them and eliminate them. In this case, the Town wins.

Case 2: We mis-eliminate me or Ahri.
    In this case, the game will be reduced to a 3 player ELo.

Case 3: We mis-eliminate someone else.
    Both me and Ahri will survive the night. There's no way the Mafia will kill either of us. In this case, there's two possibilities:
    • Case 3.1: Ahri is Mafia.
      In this case, the third player will have to choose between me and Ahri anyway.

Case 3.2: Ahri is Town.
      She'll vote for me, of course, and the real scum would hammer. In this case, the Mafia wins.
My point is
we can't afford to mis-eliminate someone that's not me or Ahri
. So, unless you're confident that you can sniff out and eliminate Mafia today, then you should vote for one of us.

I would prefer to eliminate Ahri because I know I'm Town, and I can't be certain about Ahri. But if you think I'm the most suspicious person out of the two, then vote for me.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1268 (isolation #89) » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:40 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1266, Ahri wrote:UNVOTE: ProgoWoshua

who's mafia, Progo?

Malcolm and Cape are my two picks.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1270 (isolation #90) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:40 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1269, Somnus wrote:
In post 1268, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 1266, Ahri wrote:UNVOTE: ProgoWoshua

who's mafia, Progo?

Malcolm and Cape are my two picks.
I won't be back on until much later this evening/tonight, but you do realize that this completely destroys the entire narrative you've set up over the last two days, correct? It also contradicts the assertion you've had for most of the game that one of the three people who had votes on you on Day 1 had to be mafia (2 of them are dead). That second point, I can easily explain away as a read naturally changing. That happens. Some of mine have as well over the course of the game. The first point though, based not just exclusively on the timing, just looks opportunistic, as Lickety said at the end of Day 1.
Yes, I do realize that. I was operating under the impression that Ahri wasn't playing the game anymore, and wouldn't change her vote for nothing. That was wrong.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1283 (isolation #91) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:04 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1280, MalcolmTucker wrote:We've essentially got two shots at finding mafia: if it's not Progo there's a big risk the town loses.
This is precisely what I disagree with. Ideally, we would have two shots, but if Ahri is going to vote for me in ELo regardless of what happens in the game, then we only have one shot. Because if we mis-lim and this game goes into ELo with both me and Ahri, the Town would just lose.

The exception is if either me or Ahri gets mis-eliminated today. If that happened, then the Town would have it's only shot to eliminate Mafia at ELo. What's more likely, that the Town would eliminate the last scum when there's 5 players left, or 3?

Because of that, the Town has better odds if the game reaches ELo with either me or Ahri dead.

That's why I open claimed Mafia. I thought that if I was more valuable dead than alive, then I would die in the craziest way possible to squeeze every last bit of info, to give the remaining townies the best shot at ELo possible.

But I was weak. I gave in and back down pretty much immediately. I actually regret giving up. I should have seen the end of it.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (isolation #92) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1284, Cape90 wrote:
In post 1283, ProgoWoshua wrote:This is precisely what I disagree with. Ideally, we would have two shots, but if Ahri is going to vote for me in ELo regardless of what happens in the game, then we only have one shot. Because if we mis-lim and this game goes into ELo with both me and Ahri, the Town would just lose.
why would the town lose here, I really don't understand Ahri is literally not voting you anymore
I was explaining my thought process at the start of the Day.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (isolation #93) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1288, Cape90 wrote:
In post 1287, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 1284, Cape90 wrote:
In post 1283, ProgoWoshua wrote:This is precisely what I disagree with. Ideally, we would have two shots, but if Ahri is going to vote for me in ELo regardless of what happens in the game, then we only have one shot. Because if we mis-lim and this game goes into ELo with both me and Ahri, the Town would just lose.
why would the town lose here, I really don't understand Ahri is literally not voting you anymore
I was explaining my thought process at the start of the Day.
In post 1275, Ahri wrote:VOTE: MalcolmTucker

Somnus what in the world are you googling here
Okay but the key here is that Ahri isn't even voting you and yet you still hold on to the belief that in a final 3 situation, you will get voted by them in final 3
I'm sorry if I made things unclear. In post #1283, I explained what my thought process was at the beginning of the Day. At the beginning of the Day, Ahri did vote for me.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1299 (isolation #94) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

Ok, hope this works...

VOTE: MalcolmTucker
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1306 (isolation #95) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1303, Ahri wrote:Somnus vote Progo tmro btw if this somehow doesn't flip scum

which it should

I highly doubt Cape is mafia
In post 1304, Ahri wrote:oh also Cape

I highly doubt Somnus is mafia

his fencesitting is stupid
Now I"m suspicious of Ahri again. She TRs both Somnus and Cape, but at first only tries to coach Somnus. Later, she realize her mistake and addresses Cape as well. Do you pretend to kill Cape tonight?
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1312 (isolation #96) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:03 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1306, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 1303, Ahri wrote:Somnus vote Progo tmro btw if this somehow doesn't flip scum

which it should

In post 1304, Ahri wrote:oh also Cape

I highly doubt Somnus is mafia

his fencesitting is stupid
Now I"m suspicious of Ahri again. She TRs both Somnus and Cape, but at first only tries to coach Somnus. Later, she realize her mistake and addresses Cape as well. Do you pretend to kill Cape tonight?
I noticed after the thread was locked that I committed the same dumb translation error as last time. The Portuguese word for "Intends" is "Pretende", which seriously messes with my brain.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1313 (isolation #97) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:07 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

More importantly, I have exactly 0 reasons to kill Cape as Mafia. Cape was far more likely to not vote for me than you two are.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1314 (isolation #98) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:13 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

I stand by my point from the last twilight.

Ahri knew Cape was going to be killed at night, so when townreadind both Somnus and Cape she only tried to coach Somnus at first.

She immediately realized her mistake, and addressed Cape on her following post.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1318 (isolation #99) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:01 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1316, Somnus wrote:
In post 1313, ProgoWoshua wrote:More importantly, I have exactly 0 reasons to kill Cape as Mafia. Cape was far more likely to not vote for me than you two are.
I don't really agree with this though.
IF
you're scum, I don't think you have a viable option for a good night kill there. While I was the one who ended up with a vote on you (as well as Malcolm), Ahri and Cape seemed more convinced you'd flip scum than I was (in my opinion). They certainly went after you harder in the last page or so of Day 3. I can't pull up quotes at the moment, but somewhere towards the end of Day 3, Cape said something along the lines of "I believe it's Progo but his thought process is convoluted" or something to that effect. I gave my reasons for voting for you while acknowledging that you could in some bizarre universe still end up flipping town. Despite that, I felt it was not only a good chance to hit scum and end the game, but it would at the very least avoid this exact confusing scenario for a Day 4 that I was hoping wouldn't come to fruition and warned about in a couple of my posts in Day 3. We now have zero clarity.

You basically had all 4 of the other players still in the game scum-reading you on Day 3, and almost inexplicably, only two of them voted for you. I don't think your Day 4 looks particularly more promising with Ahri/Cape or Somnus/Cape. With that said, I'm trying really hard to keep an open mind here.
However:
In post 1225, Cape90 wrote:Anyway, that's quite enough of that. There is a POE of 4 people right now and I really am not quite sure who it could be, it really could just be Malcolm since has a sickening amount of certainty that would actually make this game auto if true and I find it a bit jumping the gun FMPOV.
Cape was one of the only ones who haven't townlock you and Ahri. Town!Ahri isn't voting for you in a million years, and you just barely considered the thought of Ahri being Ahri.

I was hoping that calling her out last twilight would scare her off killing Cape. She still did it, because she isn't confident that Cape would vote with her. But she is confident that you will.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (isolation #100) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:18 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1317, Somnus wrote:
In post 1314, ProgoWoshua wrote:I stand by my point from the last twilight.

Ahri knew Cape was going to be killed at night, so when townreadind both Somnus and Cape she only tried to coach Somnus at first.

She immediately realized her mistake, and addressed Cape on her following post.
Maybe. I'm just going to give myself a headache going through a WIFOM infinity loop of reverse psychology if I try to rationalize it though. I'm more concerned about what Ahri seemed to hint at in the last post of Day 3, which made it sound like you were certain that we were even going to see a Night 3. Could be a POV slip on your part. I don't know.
How is that WIFOM? Do you think Town!Ahri would intentionally fake a scum slip for me to point it out?

Regardless, I was convinced that I had caught Ahri scumslipping. That's how I knew the game would continue. I didn't thought I had to imply otherwise with my wording.

Ahri was divided between voting me or Malcolm, but after Malcolm was eliminated:

which it should

She acted like she was convinced Malcolm would flip Mafia. She worded it specifically so that she would be wrong about it, in order to avoid looking like she has TMI.

And because she was worried about wording, she was quick to point out when
my
wording implied TMI.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1360 (isolation #101) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

Good job Somnus! Thank you, Korina!

I wish I had more to say, but I'm still cooling off.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”