Newbie 2093 | New Wave | Postgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1028 (isolation #200) » Mon May 09, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by BigTerp »

Thanks for addressing my questions.

I'm on mobile, by will do my best here with the quotes.
Ngl. Scum!Val pushing me the way he did so late in the game would have been a suicide attempt and scum!me pushing scum!Val would. Idk why I would as scum push for Val after pushing FG after Dan came in. I could have continued to push FG for a miselim if he was town and I was scum.
Fair enough. And this is part of the reason I read you town over Furtive currently. If you're Val's partner I already explained how a Furtive push by you makes the most sense.
The whole stating that FG will vote me when thread opens just comes from experience. Most of the time scum don’t have an open mind in EOL. They tend to stick to that scum read and then try to tunnel and out write to win the game.
This is another reason I've got you ahead of Furtive. I still think I'm a pretty strong town read for you at the point, but you're still doing your due diligence and picking through my posts and considering my intentions. Not just cold hard locked on a specific player.
As for me I used all my possibilities & tools to try to figure out who out of you/FG could be the remaining scum. VCs are kinda crappy, but I think imo they are worse for FG. Then add in the few comments by Val that I don’t really like. In addition, I feel like you hammering Val was more townish. There’s only one part I didn’t like is that I felt like you cut off any possible discussion/information that FG potentially could have slipped reaction wise:
I didn't really consider what we could've learned from Furtive's reaction. Once they showed and didn't vote, it was an instantaneous realization that Val was scum. I had to type out that post for it to make sense, but now it's glaringly obvious. At that point I was concerned of votes moving around so I went ahead and hammered the one I was positive was scum.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1029 (isolation #201) » Mon May 09, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1027, furtiveglance wrote:Hey guys, I just got on.
Anxious to hear what you have to say once you catch up. I won't be on much longer this evening, but we'll be back tomorrow morning to check in.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (isolation #202) » Mon May 09, 2022 10:09 pm

Post by BigTerp »

Furtive - I'll address your post once I'm back in front of a computer and not on mobile later this morning.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (isolation #203) » Mon May 09, 2022 10:10 pm

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1034, furtiveglance wrote:In all seriousness I am working on a massive post with thoughts on both of you.
Anxious to read this.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (isolation #204) » Mon May 09, 2022 10:10 pm

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1032, furtiveglance wrote:Malakittens - explain your vote count analysis.
I'd be interested in the ass well.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (isolation #205) » Mon May 09, 2022 10:12 pm

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1040, BigTerp wrote:
In post 1032, furtiveglance wrote:Malakittens - explain your vote count analysis.
I'd be interested in the ass well.
Lol!! Sorry.

EDWOP - .......this as well
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (isolation #206) » Tue May 10, 2022 2:41 am

Post by BigTerp »

furtiveglance wrote:In post 1019, BigTerp wrote:

Val/Mala is unlikely. Even at ELO with 2 mafia remaining, I wouldn't find it crazy that mafia would have their vote on their partner. Starting the wagon though? Seems pretty bold. Val also started with the first vote on Mala day 3. They both bussed each other the remainder of day 3. I can't imagine a scum team doing this. Also, the below. scum!Mala would have a much easier time getting a miselim on Furtive than Val here. So why risk voting your partner here?

This paragraph is full of inaccuracies. You're either misremembering the events of yesterday or pushing an agenda. It's hard to tell which, but either way you should be more careful with the truth.

Look at Malakittens' 775 at the start of day 3. They have you/me as the scumteam. This makes perfect sense in a Val/Mala world. They then voted for me for about 4 hours. Neither of us posted during this time. TistDaniel then arrives with 849. Val is his biggest scumread by far. At this point, it's clear that Val will be the elimination. At Elo, town always votes with the confirmed. Then in 872 Malakittens votes for Val.

To argue that Malakittens led on Val is true IF you look at only vote counts. But it's basic strategy to vote with the confirmed player at Elo, so as soon as TistDaniel called the scumread on Val, he was a goner.curacies. You're either misremembering the events of yesterday or pushing an agenda. It's hard to tell which, but either way you should be more careful with the truth. Look at Malakittens' 775 at the start of day 3. They have you/me as the scumteam. This makes perfect sense in a Val/Mala world. They then voted for me for about 4 hours. Neither of us posted during this time. TistDaniel then arrives with 849. Val is his biggest scumread by far. At this point, it's clear that Val will be the elimination. At Elo, town always votes with the confirmed. Then in 872 Malakittens votes for Val.To argue that Malakittens led on Val is true IF you look at only vote counts. But it's basic strategy to vote with the confirmed player at Elo, so as soon as TistDaniel called the scumread on Val, he was a goner.
That's my point though. Mala started the voting on Val. Agreed that it was after Daniel called out Val as scum, but it was also after Val voted Mala. As Mala stated Val started pushing them hard after Mala pushed Furtive. That makes WAY more sense from a Val/Furtive team than it does a Mala/Val team. Also, as I've already pointed out, Mala would've had an easier time running Furtive up since I was adamant on not voting Val day 3 and had Furtive as my #2. Mala knew I wasn't voting Val, and Val was obviously not either. That only left you. Why would scum!Mala risk town!Furtive comming in and hammering Val, when they could've voted Furtive and had a much easier time convincing myself to vote with them? Then it's simply Val coming behind me to hammer and win the game. I would at least expect a decent try there before letting Val hang at E-1 for so long. I'm not misremembering anything nor is there any inaccuracies in my post and if there is any agenda I'm pushing it's that a Val/Furtive scum team makes WAY more sense than a Val/Mala scum team.

I do not agree with "it's basic strategy to vote with the confirmed player at ELO". Take their reads/thoughts more seriously than others, sure. But to blindly vote along with the confirmed town is a lazy way for a town player to play. Just because they are confirmed town doesn't mean their reads are correct. Italiano had bad reads as well as Aspho. I fought against Daniel's read on Val up until you came in and confirmed them scum. So, Daniel's ended up being correct, but you should see my point here.
furtiveglance wrote:I don't like the way you're talking about Malakittens' vote on me. It doesn't rule out you/Val, because that logic assumes a world where we're always available. If you weren't near a device for that time, bad luck. So I'm ignoring that argument. As for how I feel about you specifically right now, I'm conflicted. You've played a very steady and reasonable game - compared to Malakittens' voting antics yesterday - and also maintained posting level throughout, whereas Malakittens has really stepped it up since the start of Day 3. But right now you're doing a lot of logical gymnastics, going back and forth on reads, and seem to be itching to vote at Elo. It just doesn't seem in line with your character so far this game.
It is what it is. I saw the vote and it immediately brought some suspicion from me on Mala. I usually check in during the evening, but being on mobile it's a pain to keep up and post. I already explained how I find it difficult for a scum team to miss a 4 hour window to come on and hammer though. There isn't any evidence of us being on at the same time, so I cannot disagree with you ignoring that argument. I am ready to vote at ELO. I'm convinced you're scum and don't want you to have the opportunity to plant seeds of doubt with Mala and eventually convince them to vote me with you. And I can see you've already started with that.
furtiveglance wrote:I came on and didn't hammer because I didn't see the voting. I literally saw that pages had been added and didn't read any. Then when I went to post later the thread was locked. As for the bolded sentence - I stated above that bussing is a near certainty at Elo - if the scumteam openly pairs they look horribly exposed. Besides, as soon as the conftown stated intent to vote Val, he was gone. That's what you should be realising if you're town. The fact this hasn't occured to you is very questionable indeed.
I'm calling BS on this one. You seem like a good player at this game who is typically in tune with what is going on and wouldn't just come on to check in without being aware of the vote count. Again, I don't expect anyone to blindly follow the conformed town vote, ESPECIALLY at ELO when the game is on the line. I've already explained, several times, why I think Mala's vote on Val shows that they are much less likely the scum partner than yourself. Keep planting those seeds of doubt though.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (isolation #207) » Tue May 10, 2022 3:20 am

Post by BigTerp »

And to expand on Furtive's appearance just to "check in", which I do not believe they've done EVER in the two games I've played with them, it would be glaringly obvious to town!Furtive that Val was scum. I'm of the belief that Furtive was well aware of the vote count. If Furtive is town they immediately know that Val is scum and drop the hammer. If Furtive is scum, they have 2 choices. Come in and hammer their partner to create distance between the two, or come in and play ignorant of the vote count to buy some extra time. Either way town!Furtive, from my limited experience, is very thorough with their thoughts, reads, posts, etc. To come on, check-in and then use the excuse of not knowing the vote count is very unlike their typical play style.

Also, here instead of coming in to say they need to catch up and will be back on later, Furtive catches up first, then posts. Interesting. Going back through Furtive's ISO, not once did they come on to announce that they needed to catch up. There were several instances of many (40+) posts from others between Furtive's post, but they didn't see the need to announce they were "checking in" before getting caught up. Granted, the one in question there were over 100 posts in between, but the point still stands.

Now, while going through Furtive's ISO I noticed that during day 3 they had hardly any solid reads/feels on who was town and who was scum, minus reading Mala as scum, who conveniently was also being pushed by Val. What's even more interesting is how Furtive keeps mentioning how we should follow Aspho/Daniels lead, because they are confirmed town. But once Daniel subbed in and started fingering Val, Furtive didn't follow. Furtive suggested here and here that we let Aspho decide the vote, even suggesting that we treat it as a "day vig shot". Aspho was fingering myself and Mala. Once Daniel subbed in and starting fingering Val, not another word from Furtive about following the confirmed town's lead. In fact, there is evidence that Furtive was quietly defending Val up until Daniel hard scum read them. Furtive, why didn't you follow Daniel's read/lead like you said everyone should be doing? Daniel was much more confident in their read(s) than Aspho as well, which further illustrates you were deliberately ignoring them. Highly suspicious.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (isolation #208) » Tue May 10, 2022 3:37 am

Post by BigTerp »

Damn. Sorry Mala, the page break caused me to miss your posts. Looking at them now.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (isolation #209) » Tue May 10, 2022 3:46 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1042, Malakittens wrote:
Spoiler: Day 1
page 1-2 vc
ItalianoVD (SE)
: (2)
Asphodelus
, BigTerp
Asphodelus
Val89 (SE)
ItalianoVD (SE)

CornPuffBuddha
: (1)
Malakittens

Malakittens
Takemikazuchi02

BigTerp: (1)
CornPuffBuddha

Not voting: furtiveglance,
abdbla

page 3 vc
ItalianoVD (SE)
Asphodelus
, BigTerp
Asphodelus
Val89 (SE)

CornPuffBuddha
abdbla

Malakittens
Takemikazuchi02

CornPuffBuddha

Takemikazuchi02
Malakittens

ItalianoVD (SE)

page 4 vc
ItalianoVD (SE)
: (3)
Asphodelus
, BigTerp,
CornPuffBuddha

Asphodelus
Val89 (SE)

CornPuffBuddha
abdbla

Malakittens
Takemikazuchi02

Takemikazuchi02
Malakittens

abdbla
: (1) furtiveglance

Not voting:
ItalianoVD (SE)

page 5 vc
ItalianoVD (SE)
Asphodelus
, BigTerp,
CornPuffBuddha

abdbla
: (2) furtiveglance,
Takemikazuchi02

Asphodelus
Val89 (SE)

CornPuffBuddha
abdbla

Takemikazuchi02
Malakittens

Not voting:
ItalianoVD (SE)

page 6 vc
ItalianoVD (SE)
: (4)
Asphodelus
, BigTerp,
CornPuffBuddha
Takemikazuchi02

abdbla
Asphodelus
Val89 (SE)

CornPuffBuddha
abdbla

Takemikazuchi02
Malakittens
ItalianoVD (SE)

Not voting:

page 7 vc
ItalianoVD (SE)
Asphodelus
, BigTerp,
Takemikazuchi02

abdbla
Asphodelus
Val89 (SE)

CornPuffBuddha
abdbla

Takemikazuchi02
Malakittens
ItalianoVD (SE)

Not voting:
CornPuffBuddha

page 8 vc
ItalianoVD (SE)
: (2) BigTerp,
Takemikazuchi02

abdbla
Asphodelus
Val89 (SE)

CornPuffBuddha
abdbla

Takemikazuchi02
Malakittens
ItalianoVD (SE)

Val89 (SE)
Asphodelus

Not voting:
CornPuffBuddha

page 9-10 vc
ItalianoVD (SE)
Takemikazuchi02

abdbla
Asphodelus
Val89 (SE)

CornPuffBuddha
abdbla
Malakittens

Takemikazuchi02
ItalianoVD (SE)

Malakittens
Asphodelus

Not voting:
CornPuffBuddha

page 11 vc
ItalianoVD (SE)
Takemikazuchi02

abdbla
: (2) furtiveglance,
CornPuffBuddha

Asphodelus
Val89 (SE)

CornPuffBuddha
abdbla
Malakittens

Takemikazuchi02
ItalianoVD (SE)

Malakittens
Asphodelus

Not voting:

page 12-14 vc
ItalianoVD (SE)
Takemikazuchi02

abdbla
: (3) furtiveglance,
CornPuffBuddha
, BigTerp
Asphodelus
Val89 (SE)

CornPuffBuddha
abdbla
Malakittens

Takemikazuchi02
ItalianoVD (SE)

Malakittens
Asphodelus

Not voting:

page 15-17 vc
ItalianoVD (SE)
Takemikazuchi02

abdbla
CornPuffBuddha
, BigTerp
CornPuffBuddha
abdbla
Malakittens

Takemikazuchi02
ItalianoVD (SE)
Val89 (SE)

Malakittens
Asphodelus

Not voting:

page 18 vc
ItalianoVD (SE)
Takemikazuchi02

abdbla
CornPuffBuddha
, BigTerp
CornPuffBuddha
abdbla
Malakittens

Takemikazuchi02
ItalianoVD (SE)
Val89 (SE)

Asphodelus

Not voting:

page 19 vc
ItalianoVD (SE)
Takemikazuchi02

abdbla
CornPuffBuddha
, BigTerp
CornPuffBuddha
abdbla

Takemikazuchi02
ItalianoVD (SE)
Val89 (SE)

Asphodelus

Not voting:
Malakittens

page 20 vc
ItalianoVD (SE)
Takemikazuchi02
, BigTerp, furtiveglance,
abdbla

abdbla
CornPuffBuddha

Takemikazuchi02
ItalianoVD (SE)
Val89 (SE)

Asphodelus

Not voting:
Malakittens

page 21 vc
ItalianoVD (SE)
Takemikazuchi02
, BigTerp
abdbla
CornPuffBuddha
Asphodelus
, furtiveglance
Takemikazuchi02
ItalianoVD (SE)
Val89 (SE)

Not voting:
Malakittens
abdbla

page 21 vc
ItalianoVD (SE)
Takemikazuchi02

abdbla
CornPuffBuddha
Asphodelus
, furtiveglance
Takemikazuchi02
ItalianoVD (SE)
Val89 (SE)
Malakittens

Not voting:
abdbla
, BigTerp

page 22 vc
ItalianoVD (SE)
Takemikazuchi02

abdbla
CornPuffBuddha
Asphodelus
, furtiveglance
Takemikazuchi02
ItalianoVD (SE)
Val89 (SE)
Malakittens

Not voting:
abdbla
, BigTerp

page 23 vc
abdbla
CornPuffBuddha
Asphodelus
, furtiveglance,
Takemikazuchi02

Takemikazuchi02
ItalianoVD (SE)
Val89 (SE)
Malakittens

Not voting:
abdbla
, BigTerp

page 24 vc
abdbla
CornPuffBuddha
, furtiveglance,
Takemikazuchi02

Takemikazuchi02
: (5)
ItalianoVD (SE)
Val89 (SE)
Malakittens
abdbla
Asphodelus

Not voting: BigTerp

Spoiler: Day 2
page 24 vc
abdbla
ItalianoVD (SE)
Asphodelus

Asphodelus
Val89 (SE)
, BigTerp

Malakittens
abdbla

page 25-26 vc
abdbla
ItalianoVD (SE)
Asphodelus
, furtiveglance
Asphodelus
Val89 (SE)
, BigTerp

Not voting:
Malakittens
abdbla

page 27 vc
abdbla
Asphodelus
Val89 (SE)
, BigTerp
Asphodelus

Not voting:
Malakittens
abdbla
ItalianoVD (SE)

page 28 vc
abdbla
Asphodelus
Val89 (SE)

Asphodelus

Not voting:
Malakittens
abdbla
ItalianoVD (SE)
, BigTerp

page 29 vc
abdbla
: (3) furtiveglance, BigTerp,
Val89 (SE)

Asphodelus

Not voting:
Malakittens
abdbla
ItalianoVD (SE)

page 30 vc
abdbla
: (5) furtiveglance, BigTerp,
Val89 (SE)
ItalianoVD (SE)
Asphodelus

Not voting:
Malakittens
abdbla
In post 972, Val89 wrote: Abdbla, same goes for you. I know you were mislimmed, but it's clear scum was responsible for starting that wagon rolling now, and I was on it because as I said at the time, I didn't believe you could have been
that
good, but it turns out you were. You can consider that one a badge of honor.
This is what scares me. Would Val really out his last scum partner like this. Earlier in Day 2 it was actually started by town, but then gradually went off and those two who had started it then left and then rejoined towards the end of D2. During Day 1; both BigT & FG was on it, but then BigT did jump off.
I don't take too much credence in the abdbla wagon day 2. They were already a target from day 1 and Aspho's accidental hammer on Take day 1 helped scum setup an easy miselim on abdbla day 2. Abdbla was all but done day one. The one thing I will point out is how Furtive has made it known, several times, that I was on that wagon (even though I wasn't) and had been pushing for abdbla (which I was). The former (me not being on the wagon at the end) is just another example of Furtive not being aware of the current situation, which is highly unlike the town!Furtive I've previously played with.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (isolation #210) » Tue May 10, 2022 3:47 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1043, Malakittens wrote:there's just a bunch of last minute posts by Val that just give me pause, but tbh FG doing almost nothing today and tunneling on me just solidifies him being scum.
Curious if he does do a "wall list" unless thats just another stall tactic

tbh my mind is p set, but if he's town he's not showing it to me tbh
Agreed. Although I don't really know what to make of Val's list minute posts one way or the other.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (isolation #211) » Tue May 10, 2022 3:53 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1053, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1048, BigTerp wrote:
I'm calling BS on this one. You seem like a good player at this game who is typically in tune with what is going on and wouldn't just come on to check in without being aware of the vote count. Again, I don't expect anyone to blindly follow the conformed town vote, ESPECIALLY at ELO when the game is on the line. I've already explained, several times, why
I think Mala's vote on Val shows that they are much less likely the scum partner than yourself. Keep planting those seeds of doubt though.
My post was literally a prod dodger because it had been a while, I was in a hurry to get somewhere. Even if you thought that was BS for whatever reason - due to me seeming like a good player (thanks) - if I had looked at the vote count, I would have hammered. If I was scum, if I had looked at the vote count, I would have hammered. The fact that a conftown is on a player and no hammer from other players means they're outted mafia. Do you think that I wouldn't realise this, or realise it but still try to cling on as scum? If I'm scum there and I look at the votes, I'll happily hammer for some towncred. I really don't get your argument here at all. As for the bolded, I'm just really hoping you're not town, because if you are you're telling me that bussing never crossed your mind
even in a situation in which your partner is doomed?
Exactly my point. You've never felt the need to come in and check-in nor prod dodge. Plus, you were 6+ hours away from a prod. You're not convincing me that you truly missed the vote count. I'm not buying it.

I've already explained your last bolded point. Yes, I do believe bussing is a possibility in the situation we were in. But not the way it happened. If Mala was scum they had a MUCH better chance of convincing me to vote you instead of you voting me and certainly instead of me voting Val. That's obvious. So why start the train on their partner? I could see scum!Mala hoping on the wagon when they felt there was no other choice, but they didn't once try to convince me to vote Furtive.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (isolation #212) » Tue May 10, 2022 3:56 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1057, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1051, BigTerp wrote:
Now, while going through Furtive's ISO I noticed that during day 3 they had hardly any solid reads/feels on who was town and who was scum, minus reading Mala as scum, who conveniently was also being pushed by Val. What's even more interesting is how Furtive keeps mentioning how we should follow Aspho/Daniels lead, because they are confirmed town. But once Daniel subbed in and started fingering Val, Furtive didn't follow. Furtive suggested here and here that we let Aspho decide the vote, even suggesting that we treat it as a "day vig shot". Aspho was fingering myself and Mala. Once Daniel subbed in and starting fingering Val, not another word from Furtive about following the confirmed town's lead. In fact, there is evidence that Furtive was quietly defending Val up until Daniel hard scum read them. Furtive, why didn't you follow Daniel's read/lead like you said everyone should be doing? Daniel was much more confident in their read(s) than Aspho as well, which further illustrates you were deliberately ignoring them. Highly suspicious.
Can you quote some posts in which I said we shouldn't vote with the confirmed? Or was I just not there? I'm starting you think you weren't there yesterday.....
No, I can't. I never said that you said we shouldn't. It's the fact that you stopped suggesting we should!!!
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (isolation #213) » Tue May 10, 2022 3:58 am

Post by BigTerp »

Can you quote some posts in which I said we shouldn't vote with the confirmed? Or was I just not there? I'm starting you think you weren't there yesterday.....
You're ignoring my question though. Why didn't you follow Daniel's lead, like you suggested we all should, when they started hard fingering Val? You were pretty adamant that we do that with Aspho. What changed when Daniel subbed in? Only thing I see is the reads.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (isolation #214) » Tue May 10, 2022 4:15 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1063, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1058, BigTerp wrote:
In post 1053, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1048, BigTerp wrote:
I'm calling BS on this one. You seem like a good player at this game who is typically in tune with what is going on and wouldn't just come on to check in without being aware of the vote count. Again, I don't expect anyone to blindly follow the conformed town vote, ESPECIALLY at ELO when the game is on the line. I've already explained, several times, why
I think Mala's vote on Val shows that they are much less likely the scum partner than yourself. Keep planting those seeds of doubt though.
My post was literally a prod dodger because it had been a while, I was in a hurry to get somewhere. Even if you thought that was BS for whatever reason - due to me seeming like a good player (thanks) - if I had looked at the vote count, I would have hammered. If I was scum, if I had looked at the vote count, I would have hammered. The fact that a conftown is on a player and no hammer from other players means they're outted mafia. Do you think that I wouldn't realise this, or realise it but still try to cling on as scum? If I'm scum there and I look at the votes, I'll happily hammer for some towncred. I really don't get your argument here at all. As for the bolded, I'm just really hoping you're not town, because if you are you're telling me that bussing never crossed your mind
even in a situation in which your partner is doomed?
Exactly my point. You've never felt the need to come in and check-in nor prod dodge. Plus, you were 6+ hours away from a prod. You're not convincing me that you truly missed the vote count. I'm not buying it.

I've already explained your last bolded point. Yes, I do believe bussing is a possibility in the situation we were in. But not the way it happened. If Mala was scum they had a MUCH better chance of convincing me to vote you instead of you voting me and certainly instead of me voting Val. That's obvious. So why start the train on their partner? I could see scum!Mala hoping on the wagon when they felt there was no other choice, but they didn't once try to convince me to vote Furtive.
Are you forgetting that they voted me twice yesterday before voting Val?
No, I'm not. It's been my argument as to why a Val/BigTerp solve should be off the table. Also, Mala didn't push you very hard at all. It wouldn't have taken much to get me to vote with them considering how much of a town read I had on Val and how against a Val elim I was. So, again, scum!Mala makes no sense to me here.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (isolation #215) » Tue May 10, 2022 4:24 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1064, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1059, BigTerp wrote:
No, I can't. I never said that you said we shouldn't. It's the fact that you stopped suggesting we should!!!
BECAUSE I WAS NOT ONLINE.
You were around, or at least posted after these , and . They all confirm Daniel's read on Val as scum. Did you miss these also, just like the vote count at the end of day 3? That's gotta be the only reason you didn't follow your read, right? You did say that
"But it's basic strategy to vote with the confirmed player at Elo, so as soon as TistDaniel called the scumread on Val, he was a goner."
So again, I don't understand why you didn't follow the confirmed town's read, like you say we all should do.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (isolation #216) » Tue May 10, 2022 4:29 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1068, furtiveglance wrote:Malakittens voted me at Elo twice. You're saying they didn't push me very hard. I don't understand.
If Mala is scum, they vote you and work the miselim. Like I've already said, it would be an easier route to a mafia win. I don't see scum dropping the vote and just leaving it there to see what happens. I really think Mala was working the "If Furtive isn't hammered they are scum" angle. Once that didn't happen, Mala realized Val was the scum partner, followed Daniel's lead and allowed you to come in and expose yourself as the teammate. Actually, pretty well played by Mala there.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (isolation #217) » Tue May 10, 2022 4:34 am

Post by BigTerp »

I cannot come up with any (within reason) scenario where Mala is scum over Furtive here, and nothing that Furtive is presenting is changing my mind.

VOTE: Furtiveglance
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (isolation #218) » Tue May 10, 2022 5:57 am

Post by BigTerp »

furtiveglance wrote: Terp had Val null in , then later called Val town agreeing with Corn, subtlely giving him towncred.
Val had 6 whole posts at this point in the game. Exactly why I had them as a null read. Hard to gage a read on someone with such little content. FWIW, I had the same read on several other players in that post for the same reason of lack on content. I don't recall agreeing with Corn that Val was town, but I'm not denying my town read on Val in the slightest.
furtiveglance wrote:Terp also shadowed my push on abdbla all game, openly townread Val and pushed against TistDaniel wanting to vote him yesterday.
Sure did. You did a good job running up abdbla, and getting others to join. The day 1 accidental hammer of Take by Aspho must've had you and Val licking your chops. You KNEW that day 2 would be an easy miselim of Abdbla at that point, and I feel right into it.

I openly townread Val, because up until you confirmed they were scum I was thoroughly convinced they were town. Val had me pocketed HARD. You can go back and re-read the open townreads we had on each other. Not something I believe scum to do so bodly. And I absolutely felt that Daniel had the wrong read and was going to cost town the game. But then you came in and confirmed Val as scum.
furtiveglance wrote:Today he's made some bizarre leaps of logic and was pretty clearly eager to vote early on - it's different to how he played previously this game.
They are far from bizarre. Once you flip red and town wins, everyone will see how much sense it all makes. But to address how I'm playing "different" it's because I have you figured out as Val's scum buddy. And I've had it figured out since the moment you came on and didn't vote Val at the end of day 3. So yeah, I was ready to vote you the moment day 4 started. And I made it known.
furtiveglance wrote:You can also clearly see in his early posting that he's appealing to you - he knows you're town.
Again, from my end, I know you're scum. I had the slightest hesitation here . But after typing it out and hearing Mala's response, it further cemented my thoughts that you are scum. You can read about that here . And yeah, you can easily see my progression to reading Mala as town and you as scum. I've spelled it out many times.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (isolation #219) » Tue May 10, 2022 5:59 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1077, Malakittens wrote:
In post 1076, furtiveglance wrote:TistDaniel really is a strong player then.
?
Daniel had me as their other top scum read after Val. Furtive is insinuating that Daniel had the solve figured out of a Val/BigTerp scum team.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (isolation #220) » Tue May 10, 2022 7:27 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1087, TistDaniel wrote:Good job Mala! I was so sure you were making a big mistake. Good thing furtive killed me, or I would have lost this game.
Yep, Mala played a great game. Final day hinged on Mala, and I was pretty confident they also had a scum read on Furtive. Furtive did all he could day 4 but the damage, IMO, was already done.

Val played an EXCELLENT scum game. Nothing particular to point out, but man, I had them as by biggest town read right up until the point I played the hammer vote. It was such a 180 from me that it was hard to comprehend. But I knew they were scum once Furtive came in and didn't vote. Still took a lot for me to vote Val there. Great game Val!!
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1099 (isolation #221) » Tue May 10, 2022 7:36 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1089, Val89 wrote:Congratulations town!

BigTerp, I know you are asking yourself if I was pocketing you the entire time, and there might have been a some element of that, but in the whole, I was attempting to mimic my town game as closely as possible, and I though you played an excellent game. You will see when it is released that I said in the Mafia PT that, I know I was coming from a informed perspective, but I had no idea why Mala was scum reading you D2, and I am confident town me would have approached your slot the same way. You were playing in such a manner that, had we not have to PR hunt once Italiano had claimed and we knew there was JK out there, I absolutely would have pushed to eliminate you N1, even over the more experienced players because of the threat you would have (and did) pose.

Like I did with abdbla in the spec thread, please allow me to place my admiration for your town game on record. You might not have correctly deduced my alignment, but essentially everyone also fell into that bucket, and I thought you did exceptionally well and I am not at all surprised you ended up being the kingmaker there once the game had been shook up by the replacement.
Thanks!! Like I said, you played an excellent scum game. I was ready to miselim Mala with you right up until I hammered. That shows how much you had me fooled. I think I even listed a Val/Furtive scum team as the LEAST likely shortly before that as well.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1100 (isolation #222) » Tue May 10, 2022 7:36 am

Post by BigTerp »

Thanks catboi. I had fun!!
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (isolation #223) » Tue May 10, 2022 7:45 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1093, furtiveglance wrote:Well played town. Val, you were scum MVP. Good game all round
I felt like the outed town PR's and Val getting to E-1 while you were offline were both a stroke of bad luck that helped town figure things out. I've only played 2 games with you, but each time you've been a tough read for some reason. Good game!!
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (isolation #224) » Tue May 10, 2022 8:48 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1103, TistDaniel wrote:
In post 1098, BigTerp wrote:But I knew they were scum once Furtive came in and didn't vote. Still took a lot for me to vote Val there.
I thought for sure that was you seeing furtive show up, knowing he could hammer at any moment, and trying to steal the towncred by hammering first.

If I'd been alive D4, I'd have been like:
In post 885, BigTerp wrote:Yes, I believe scum will be voting their partner today. [..] The common/easy thing to do in ELo is for scum to distance themselves from their partner. I think a smart and seasoned veteran of this game would bus their partner at this point in the game.
HMM.
Yeah, it's precisely what I was concerned about. Actually, I was first concerned that scum!Furtive was going to come in and hammer town!Val and end the game. When they didn't, I was initially flabbergasted trying to figure out why scum!Furtive wouldn't hammer scum!Val to, like you said, gain that town cred. I felt I had no choice, even though it might look scummy, but to hammer Val and at least get us to day 4.

I gotta apologize for giving you a hard time. You had Val stone cold locked!! I just couldn't see it though and was adamant on doing whatever I could to prevent what I thought was going to be a miselim on Val and a mafia win.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (isolation #225) » Tue May 10, 2022 10:34 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1111, Malakittens wrote:
In post 1109, Aisa wrote:On a completely different note, congratulations on the win, town! I'm still confused about what went wrong for the mafia. TistDaniel's replace in helped a lot, I guess, but even then it seemed far from obvious that town would get the win.
they got screwed by tist coming in and giving the game a breath of fresh air + IMO a PoE.

at least this is coming from my PoV.

they got really unlucky at the end
I agree with this. Daniel replaced in immediately fingering Val when that slot before was pushing myself and, to a lesser extent, Mala IIRC. Either way I'm pretty sure Aspho was reading Val as town. Completely different game if Daniel doesn't sub in that slot. Daniel GREATLY helped my game be by almost forcing a PoE situation with Val and Furtive. Had Aspho stayed I'm highly confident that Val and Furtive would've gotten myself or Mala miselim'd.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”