Newbie 2095 | Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Tue May 24, 2022 11:39 pm

Post by Tidus of the X »

Let's go!

VOTE: hutmeil
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Wed May 25, 2022 5:21 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 21, whiskey delta wrote:Alianna already admitted they know Furtive is town though

Scum is Alianna + 72

gg
In post 22, whiskey delta wrote:How long has everyone been playing? Outta curiosity

I used to play a lot but it’s probably been about ~3 years since I did last. My home website went the way of the dodo sadly
This is my second game here, though i currently cannot mention what game I was in
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Thu May 26, 2022 2:28 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 30, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 23, furtiveglance wrote:I've been playing for a few months here.

Here are my completed town games: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=88666, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=89004, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=89124

And my completed scum games: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=89137, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=89296

So far I've won 1/5 completed games :lol:
I'll be honest. I'm probably not going to read your past games unless I really, really have to :lol: thank you for providing them though.

Mafia can be hard :( did you win as a wolf or town?
In post 24, Tidus of the X wrote:This is my second game here, though i currently cannot mention what game I was in
No worries on the mention. I've seen the rules posted about ongoing games. Second game here - so you've played elsewhere?
In post 25, Greeting wrote:I started playing forum mafia around 2014, played and hosted a couple of games, but on a non-mafia site. Returned to playing only last year.
Cool. I started playing around that same time until probably ~2018ish and then stopped. Hosting games is fun too
In post 26, Alianna wrote:This is my fourth game. I played in Newbies 2090 and 2092, in which I was VT both times. I also have one ongoing that I legally cannot discuss.
I don't have any other experience.
The question then is what are you
this
time? :wink:
In post 29, Roden wrote:A little over a year, but the last time I played in the newbie queue was back in September.
Is the newbie queue that different from the rest of the forum?

Thank you all for answering. Like I mentioned, I played for a few years on my homesite very regularly but that was a while ago. The deadlines will be an adjustment for me since I've only ever played with shorter ones but maybe a slower pace game could be just what I need these days. Suppose we'll see :mrgreen:
Yeah, I played on one other site, GameFAQs. I'm still very new to mafia though.
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Thu May 26, 2022 4:10 pm

Post by Tidus of the X »

Duck's sleeping with one eye open is pretty awesome
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (isolation #4) » Sat May 28, 2022 8:49 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

I don't think we should speculate on this FN/Mason thing too much, it could likely be a joke post for the start of the day
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (isolation #5) » Sun May 29, 2022 12:11 pm

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 134, Alianna wrote:Sure.
I really wouldn't want to eliminate anyone at that point in the game because if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and if I'm right, we don't have much for associatives.
But if I had to, probably Tidus. He's lurked a lot, and was very low-effort and basically a restatement of what was already discussed.
In post 137, furtiveglance wrote:VOTE: takotsubo syndrome

First meaningful vote of the game.

Sus :cop:
In post 139, furtiveglance wrote:Tone mostly. Bad vote on hutmeil.
What's wrong with it? It's simply an RVS vote.
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (isolation #6) » Sun May 29, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by Tidus of the X »

Wtf happehed wi5h the quotes. I only meant to quote the last one I quoted
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (isolation #7) » Sun May 29, 2022 3:24 pm

Post by Tidus of the X »

How did you know it was mala's alt
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (isolation #8) » Sun May 29, 2022 3:24 pm

Post by Tidus of the X »

Oh
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (isolation #9) » Sun May 29, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by Tidus of the X »

Yeah, I just saw that after scrolling up
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #228 (isolation #10) » Mon May 30, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by Tidus of the X »

Furtive seems towny to me for keeping it below E-1(it's a pretty towny thing to do to stop the potential to hammer until the town's decided where I first played)
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:13 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

I don't know if it's a good idea to kill a claimed power
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:56 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

Actually, now that you say that, it doesn't make sense to scan greeting when everyone is saying he looks town, it would nonly confirm him even more as town. I remember reading somewhere that it's a better idea to scan null reads because you have absolutely no idea which alignment it could be, so that's something against his claims.

There still is, however, a chance he could be cop, there are currently no counterclaims after all

Sorry, no, I don't have an alternative. Currently not very good at reading alignments other than the obvious stuff
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:35 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

72offsuit seems town for all that effort he is putting in now. It could easly change later on though with all those contradictions wjth everyone elses town reads.
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #375 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:09 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

I also have some experience with the game, though I'm still horrible at the game. I generally don't have much of an agenda as town though.
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #502 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:18 pm

Post by Tidus of the X »

I don't really know if Greeting is scum or not, he's been pretty active and contributed a bunch day one IIRC, but with everyone suddenly turning on him, I'm not so sure about it.
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #508 (isolation #16) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:59 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 505, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 502, Tidus of the X wrote:I don't really know if Greeting is scum or not, he's been pretty active and contributed a bunch day one IIRC, but with everyone suddenly turning on him, I'm not so sure about it.
Remember that at least two players amongst myself, Greeting, hutmeil, and Alianna are Town so still possible Greeting is. What do you think of the other three? How about Mala and 72?
In post 503, Malakittens wrote:Sorry

I was so tired that morning that I screwed up the formatting

I still want to lim hutmeil. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt but now I just want
Him dead so
Do you still see Greeting as Town? How would you know? It seems you two have some experience together so I am really curious to hear about it. Can you talk about why hutmeil and what a scum or town flip would do to your reads?
I don't know about hutmeil or you much, but Alianna I feel could be scum. Mala could likely be scum for seemingly randomly focusing on a random player. Current town lean on 72offsuit.
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #516 (isolation #17) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:01 pm

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 512, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 507, hutmeil wrote:
In post 492, whiskey delta wrote:
Roden
- (whiskey delta), hutmeil, Greeting,
FG
, Alianna

furtiveglance
-
Roden
, hutmeil, Greeting, Alianna, WD

There's at least one scum between hutmeil, Greeting, Alianna, and me. The alternative means both scum are within Tidus, malakittens, and 72.

Where does everyone stand on this? Do you think the scum are split between the two groups? Both in one group?
I don't really know. My scumdar was way off on Day 1. But if I have to rely on it again, it would be a combination of you (whiskey), Greeting, Tidus and 72off.
Why not Alianna/Mala? Tidus did not vote on any of the wagons yesterday. Do you think that is more likely to be Town or scum?
In post 507, hutmeil wrote:
In post 506, whiskey delta wrote:So the more I think about the game the more I think an Alianna elim makes the most sense today.

I can’t get over how she was E-2 and still the FG wagon eventually took the lead. That has to be significant. If all three major D1 wagons were Town then we’re in trouble. If Alianna is scum her partner has to be within Greeting/Hutmeil/Mala who all voted to save her over FG.

Thoughts?
That makes sense. However, you're on both wagons. You flipped from Alianna to FG. And you're the eliminating vote. Come to think of it, you're also on the Roden wagon.
This is true, as were you, and exactly why we are having this conversation. It's extremely unlikely there isn't at least one scum in those who were on both Roden and FG wagons.

I switched to FG to hammer after waiting until almost the last minute, and no one else was around to do it. If you reread the end of D1 you will see my preferred elim was Alianna. Would you rather I have not hammered in that situation?
In post 508, Tidus of the X wrote:
In post 505, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 502, Tidus of the X wrote:I don't really know if Greeting is scum or not, he's been pretty active and contributed a bunch day one IIRC, but with everyone suddenly turning on him, I'm not so sure about it.
Remember that at least two players amongst myself, Greeting, hutmeil, and Alianna are Town so still possible Greeting is. What do you think of the other three? How about Mala and 72?
I don't know about hutmeil or you much, but Alianna I feel could be scum. Mala could likely be scum for seemingly randomly focusing on a random player. Current town lean on 72offsuit.
Is there a reason you didn't try voting anyone on D1?
In post 510, Greeting wrote:
In post 501, whiskey delta wrote:Any perspective on how you arrived to your TR on Mala would be greatly appreciated.
I have played a few games with
Malakittens
and my overall impression is that she's generally not a deepwolf. In the last game we played together, KTaNE, it became apparent to me that she just doesn't like playing as scum very much and doesn't try very hard if she rolls scum. If you're interested specifically at the moment when we were talking about deepwolves, you should look at the Day Phase in that game when
Mala
was eliminated (Day 3).

But now that you've pointed it out, she did in fact want to go after
furtive glance
and her vote just wasn't counted as valid.
I will have to check that out later, but greatly appreciated. Can you tell me what you think of ?
In post 511, Greeting wrote:
In post 506, whiskey delta wrote:So the more I think about the game the more I think an Alianna elim makes the most sense today.

I can’t get over how she was E-2 and still the FG wagon eventually took the lead. That has to be significant. If all three major D1 wagons were Town then we’re in trouble. If Alianna is scum her partner has to be within Greeting/Hutmeil/Mala who all voted to save her over FG.

Thoughts?
Right now my money is on the scum team being
Alianna
+ someone on the
furtive glance
wagon. I know it's not me for sure and nothing else. I guess if we eliminate
Alianna
then we can put this theory to test. If she flips red, then her partner should be
hutmeil
(more likely) or
Malakittens
(less likely). If she flips green, then it's got to be some combo like
72offsuit
/
Tidus of the X
72offsuit
/
hutmeil
or
Tidus of the X
/
hutmeil

Or... it's you. What
hutmeil
said in about you is actually right. I don't know if I should trust you either. You're clearly aspiring to be town leader, but your voting history isn't really better than mine and yet you're actively trying to throw me under the bus right now.

I'll wait for everyone to weigh in before I cast my vote. It's still only Day 2, but each vote is more valuable with every townie going down and we are not having another miselimination today.
[Alianna/Hutmeil] as the solve does make ~sense for VCA reasons but I am paranoid is too simple.

I'll ask you the same question irt Tidus - what do you think not casting a serious vote D1 says about their alignment?

You should know if you are Town that my voting history doesn't make me scum, since it matches yours. If anything, I might say I have a point in my favor if Alianna flips red.

At the moment my vote is working accordingly, as this is the most you have talked to me directly all game. There is still plenty of time, but I agree that today is a pivotal phase. I do not want to elim wrong again.
(How do i quote only one part of a post) I had no idea if I actually should vote, since i didn't have any idea at all of who could be scum and it would ge a hammer vote when I did want to vote
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #587 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 580, whiskey delta wrote:A lot of your questions would be answered if you finished reading. D1 was a mess, yes, but you have the added advantage of reading everything for the first time with flips in mind. Remember that not all of us had that benefit before you start to push narratives (especially before finishing your read)

This is only going to fuel BBT’s theory that he is already projecting, but I may be coming full circle on Alanna.

If me, her, Tidus and hutmeil are all Town that leaves [Mala, BBT, Greeting]

And I have rather liked Greeting so far this D2

@BBT - your predecessor called me obvTown. I’d like to know why disagree by the time you end your reread if you still do
So what you're saying is that Mala and BBT are highly likely scum?
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #648 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:32 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 602, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 587, Tidus of the X wrote:So what you're saying is that Mala and BBT are highly likely scum?
Coming back to this. What I am saying is that if I am right about you being Town, and Alianna is Town and right about hutmeil being Town, then that only leaves three players for the scum to be in. 72(BBT)/Greeting seems unlikely. If Greeting is the last Townie then that only leaves 72(BBT)/Mala left over.

What do you think?
It looks good, but there are too many to confirm all of them town, especially with our cop dead
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #680 (isolation #20) » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:40 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 655, whiskey delta wrote:Tidus - big Day. Need your thoughts, whatever they may be.
My current thoughts are: I agree with eliminating Alianna, and I'm fine with either eliminating hutmeil or you tomorrow.
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #688 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 681, whiskey delta wrote:Respect that.

Hammer then - make your first meaningful vote a good one.
Sorry, I didn't get a chance to come back before Mala voted
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #689 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by Tidus of the X »

I would have hammered though
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #690 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by Tidus of the X »

So what's everyone's thoughts on who should be eliminated today? I would want to eliminate either hutmeil or WD today.
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #704 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 694, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 690, Tidus of the X wrote:So what's everyone's thoughts on who should be eliminated today? I would want to eliminate either hutmeil or WD today.
Can you state your reasons why?
You and hutmeil have both been scumread by many people all game IIRC(yes, I know that's dependent on other's reads, but I currently have trouble scumreading and townreading people, just check out my short life in newbie 2094)

I think I have also seen some scumminess in a few of your posts earlier in the game too WD, I would prefer eliminating you today over hutmeil

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”