Newbie 2109: Taco Hemingway | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Space
Space
He/Him
Townie
Space
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by Space »

VOTE: Dionysus
They have sus in the name, that's gotta mean something.
Space
Space
He/Him
Townie
Space
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:02 pm

Post by Space »

In post 32, AurorusVox wrote: Also don’t like the “it’s not E-2”, “oh it doesn’t matter it’s E-2”, seems slippery
This seems misinformative to me.
The "it's not E-2" is not what was said, it was CCG typing one thing and then after getting called out on it admitting his mistake.
The "oh it doesn't matter it's E-2" was not his excuse either with the actual quote being
In post 28, CCGeek wrote:
Also IMHO, E-2 isn't really "bad" on page 1 of Day 1, and in fact, the person's reaction as well as the future development on the wagon outside RVS may provide an interesting point to analyze later in the game.

With that said, I'd prefer to not retract my vote for now, this discussion has the potential to evolve further.
Although I can understand how Aurorus might come to to these conclusions, I will be voting them. VOTE: Aurorus

Also the fact that my first vote got taken seriously I find is a little funny. :P
Space
Space
He/Him
Townie
Space
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by Space »

The excuse I read from CCG's post was that they were ok getting it to E-2 to see how Dionysus/others would respond to it, in case anyone is curious.
Space
Space
He/Him
Townie
Space
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:40 pm

Post by Space »

No, the person I saw who took it seriously was CCG surprisingly.
Mainly thinking of this quote (Bolded Text):
In post 22, CCGeek wrote:
In all seriousness, fluff aside, the only notable thing that has happened till now is Dionysus' response, saying that Weuler's pfp loads for him, in response to me. AKA responding to fluff when he could respond to
existing game content (Space's vote on him)
or drop his own vote.
Space
Space
He/Him
Townie
Space
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by Space »

Catching up to current post, seems like I just missed Post 24 when I was analyzing Aurorus's post.
However, because of that and looking back at some previous posts, I find Fredrick's Post at Post 48 to be weird as they were the one to bring up the mistake of E-2 and E-3, yet didn't correct me when I used the logic incorrectly, instead seemingly trusting me based off of it. That alongside not being able to pinpoint the reasonings later (#61 and #67) when asked to does make me think that Fredrick is a scum and I'll vote this nearer the end of the day as there's still time.

On my current reads, besides thinking Fredrick is scum, I do think CCG is a townie that made a mistake, and Aurorus's post at Post 68 makes me think they are town for no particular reason besides instinct and that their initial post that I was questioning makes sense. Dionysus had a weird action with voting then unvoting CCG for the apparent rush of a vote, but I don't think that makes him 100% scum, so I'm leaning scum but unsure as of now. I can't really think of the word I'm thinking of to describe Weuler, but they have been really vocal and based on the questions they've been asking, so I see them as a townie. I don't see anything scummy about NK15 in particular, but besides one really big "callout" post about people I don't see anything townie. I also haven't seen much of Wayward either, so I would want to see more before I decide. And then there's the person that hasn't even joined the game yet. Can't read them if they aren't here.

So overall
Town: CCG, Aurorus, Weuler
Unsure: Captain?, Wayward, NK15
Maf: Fredrick and Dionysus
If it's not Fredrick and/or Dionysus, then I would place CCG as Maf.

Also as to Aurorus's question from this quote:
In post 68, AurorusVox wrote:
Do you have any view on CCG’s original choice to no vote, as that was the primary thing in my original vote, which you have not touched on here.
I don't see anything inherently bad with No Voting, but I don't see anything helpful either or the reason for bringing it up that early in the game in the first place.

UNVOTE: Aurorus
Space
Space
He/Him
Townie
Space
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:58 am

Post by Space »

Sorry, been busy with the wrap-up of the MITMH, will post my thoughts since my previous message soon.
Space
Space
He/Him
Townie
Space
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by Space »

First off, my initial impression of KingTroll was a townie but I thought Post 117 was weird as that could be an honest mistake like what I think happened with CCG, but alongside this observation from Weuler makes me start wondering why KingTroll is trying hard to attach themself with Campbell. At least, that's what it feels like to me. It's possible what you said in response to Weuler is true, and it would be a valid way to look at the game, but the way that Campbell has been handling his own situation makes me find it a bit strange. I also did not like Campbell's reasoning for his suspicious actions and I think post 82 summed them up nicely. You have made mentions that you were purposefully doing it earlier, but I can't seem to find a post that directly changes from trying to act suspicious vs not. However, my instinct to this is sometimes wrong so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here.

Otherwise though, I do agree with most of their reads. Looking at Wayward's ISO, I noticed that he either posted fluff during the RVS, answered with a follow up question, or had a very short answer. Although none of these are inherrently bad by themselves, it feels like we don't really get an understanding of where his mind is at right now (especially hiding his scum read in post 58). His 2 last recent posts are literally asking the same question. Since I haven't voted rn, I'll board this train, but I'm fine if either Wayward or Campbell is limed as I think we'll get nice info either way. VOTE: Wayward

Not much has changed in my scum readings though. The more confident I think someone is, the more to the left they are.
Town: Weuler, and Aurorus
Leaning Town: CCG (Has gotten quieter), KingTroll, and NK15
Neutral: No One!
Leaning Scum: Campbell, Dionysus
Scum: Wayward

Finally, some questions.
To Campbell: Can you pinpoint a certain post when you started to try and not purposefully act suspiciously?
To Wayward: What are your current thoughts on this entire Campbell situation?
To Everyone: Is there anything that I missed that you would like me to have an opinion on?
Space
Space
He/Him
Townie
Space
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by Space »

In post 148, Space wrote:I also did not like Campbell's reasoning for his suspicious actions and I think post 82 summed them up nicely.
You have made mentions
that you were purposefully doing it earlier, but I can't seem to find a post that directly changes from trying to act suspicious vs not. However, my instinct to this is sometimes wrong so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here.
Bolded text should be talking about Campbell here mb.
Space
Space
He/Him
Townie
Space
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:58 pm

Post by Space »

In post 158, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:post 148 by Space
My very first post was a lie intended to make myself suspicious.
This did not answer my question at all?
My original question was "To Campbell: Can you pinpoint a certain post when you started to try and not purposefully act suspiciously?"
Looking back on this, it is a biased/loaded question, but it still makes me confused on how you were playing earlier and what exactly the lie was.
If it was because you actually thought that CCG actually just made an honest mistake, then why did you read him as scum at Post 48?

It also feels like we're at an impasse of who to hammer here, so I'll hammer Campbell after I get out of school tomorrow, waiting for any last thoughts.
I think the longer we keep going at this point, the more time maf can just mess with our minds here.
Although Wayward is quiet, they haven't done anything necessarily suspicious nor innocent which is why I'm fine hammering Campbell over Wayward.
Space
Space
He/Him
Townie
Space
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #238 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:58 am

Post by Space »

Sorry I can’t really communicate a lot (still need to get home), but while Lady brings up good points I’m trying to think why Fredrick left in the first place. If I was a VT like he claimed, I would’ve sticked around even if I died because of that. Makes me think that Fredrick wasn’t a VT and could be a different role (either a scum or PR). Either one feels like it explains the actions by his slot, so I’m unsure if I wish to risk this Lim.

Lady, what is your thoughts on the other wagon of Wayward?
Space
Space
He/Him
Townie
Space
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:05 am

Post by Space »

Sorry, just was on my mind.
Space
Space
He/Him
Townie
Space
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:22 pm

Post by Space »

In post 254, Save The Dragons wrote:are all y'all new to mafia
I’ve played some Social Deduction games before like Town of Salem and Blood on the Clocktower before, but first time (or second time if you count the one I had to be replaced by) playing on one of these sites.
I’m more used to playing this all in one session rather then a week for a day lol.
Space
Space
He/Him
Townie
Space
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:07 am

Post by Space »

My mind is a mess after trying to catch up, but some things I feel like I'm very certain on:
- AV and Weuler are town.
- Dio's actions/reasonings to Lady felt like a desperate attempt to not change anything, which I find is weird as the reason why we were in a pickle was because we weren't changing our thinking.
I thought I would have more...

I was going to say that there's at least 1 scum between Wayward, Lady, and Dionysus, but Wayward just got replaced so maybe he was just inactive?
Until Save The Dragons does any major reads though, I'm probably gonna stick with 1 of Save, Lady, and Dionysus.
Trying to think if there even is world where all 3 of them are town. Would have to mean that 2 of KT, CCG, or NK 15 are scum with my current readings, which is possible if Fredrick was telling the truth about lying on his ISO post #1. Dionysus's reaction still strikes me as odd from back then though as they had voted then unvoted CCG in quick succession.

Actually, looking back on this entire CCG mistake saga, NK 15 really showed why Dionysus was suspicious at the beginning with his ISO Post 2.
However, around this time, Wayward has shown interest in voting Fredrick, alongside Weuler (on the same page as the linked ISO) so people were focusing more on Fredrick then Dionysus with a wagon, with CCG being the other?
Then when the 9th slot got filled in by KT, they started pushing Wayward (which I agreed with due to the lack of content in his posts at the time), a new wagon was formed completely overshadowing Dionysus again.
I'm not sure where I'm really going with this thought process tbh, but I do find it weird in retrospect that a second wagon was formed on Wayward due to not answering questions vs Dionysus who had done a previously suspicious action was swept under the rug because Fredrick was seen as suspicious.

Since we need a lim today, and I can't think of any good reason to vote for Wayward's slot now that they've been replaced, I VOTE: Dionysus
placing them at E-1.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”