Newbie 807 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
FoShizzle
FoShizzle
Goon
FoShizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by FoShizzle »

Hello everybody. I'm excited to play with you guys. Especially since I'm considered "experienced" now... lol. Like ChannelDelibird said, I will give advice and answer questions as needed... although I don't claim to be an expert at this game by any means. :)

I will start with a "random"
Vote: crazypianist1116
for coming into the game without contributing anything, even a random vote.
CancerBottle wrote:In any event, metas have very limited use for scumhunting in my opinion.
I have to disagree with this. I think metas can be very useful, they should just be used with caution. People's playstyles can change drastically between games as they learn and develop their own style. I often look at people's past games and meta, although I don't think I can do that with many people this game, with all you newbies.

I would like to add that I am very shocked about Michael Jackson's death.
FoShizzle
FoShizzle
Goon
FoShizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by FoShizzle »

ChannelDelibird wrote: Regarding the quote itself, I just wanted to make sure that nobody gets the wrong impression that the IC is some kind of specifically-town adviser, that they have to look at me just like any other player, and the assurance that I'm not scum was just me joking around. If you'd like I can go and find a couple of newbie games where I've said that as town.
Sure, I'd like to see those newbie games. :wink:
FoShizzle
FoShizzle
Goon
FoShizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by FoShizzle »

My internet died this weekend. It was like the worst weekend of my life. I will post more tonight.
FoShizzle
FoShizzle
Goon
FoShizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:18 pm

Post by FoShizzle »

So... ChannelDelibird did indeed post the same thing in those three games. Sorry dude, just calling your bluff in case you were pulling things out of your ass. :P

Meta has been useful for me in the past when a player has been acting weird or suspicious, and I’m able to look back over their previous games and see if it’s just part of their normal playstyle or not. Metagaming has led me in the right direction a couple times before, and I usually rely on this strategy as town. Obviously, I can’t rely on it this game, and I’m not going to talk about it anymore.
ChannelDelibird wrote:crazypianist, FatedLunar, dothefandango and FoShizzle: what do you think of the fact that I currently have three votes?

I don't think much about Cancer and Kirichou's vote... I'm under the impression they were random. it's weird that bgg1996 did plant a third vote on you. It makes me wonder if he knew you were at two votes before he voted you. I also want to know why he thought you were "suspicious". It does give the impression that he's kind of blindly following the crowd... We have to wait for him to expand, I guess. I'm not worried about you getting speedlynched or anything.
crazypianist1116 wrote:FoShizzle: That's not much of a random vote since you have a reason. I prefer to observe first and then give my observations.
That’s why I put quotation marks around the random part, it wasn’t random, although I was trying to note it was an early vote that wasn’t meant to be taken completely seriously. It’s mostly a gut thing. As newb mafia I was afraid to random vote at the beginning of the game, even when someone else did. And I said the same thing about “observing first” before voting that you are saying now. ;) My vote will stay on you until I find a better suspect.

I also don’t believe that ChannelDelibird is trying to set up Kard in anyway by defending himself, lol. That seems like kind of a stretch on CancerBottle’s part, I disagree with his post 48. I would have defended myself the same way if I was CDB, I’m not following the reasoning on how that makes him scummy. CancerBottle, if you found CDB scummy, how come your suspicion of him is suddenly “evaporating” so quickly? I’m getting slight scummy vibes on crazypianist, and I’m always suspicious of the quiet ones aka bgg1996 and Kichirou. That’s the extent to which my suspicions run right now. I’m pretty sure I just reiterated stuff everyone else was already saying, but whatever.
FoShizzle
FoShizzle
Goon
FoShizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:27 pm

Post by FoShizzle »

CancerBottle, is your vote change being influenced by the votes from pianist and fandango?

To clarify on my scummy vibes on pianist.... pianist's FOS of fandango for not giving a reason for a vote, seems.... fake. like why not just ask fandango what his reason was without FOSing? You really suspicious of him for that? I have a hard time voicing why my scumdar is going off, but it is.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”