Newbie 807 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:19 am

Post by crazypianist1116 »

Hi everybody. Good luck everyone.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:04 am

ChannelDelibird wrote:
crazypianist, FatedLunar, dothefandango and FoShizzle:
what do you think of the fact that I currently have three votes?
So sorry, I was out for 2 days. I'll be back to read the posts throughly later tonight.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:48 pm

FoShizzle: That's not much of a random vote since you have a reason. I prefer to observe first and then give my observations.

Kard8p3: Why didn't you defend ChannelDelibird in 55 after you wanted to "put everything behind [you]"?

CancerBottle: If you're so concerned about ChannelDelibird being at L-2, then revoke your vote. The other 2 will surely fall as they had no reasons. You should give a reason for keeping your vote. Originally it was (pretty much) random. Additionally, I don't feel like CDB's posts have put any suspicion on Kard. CDB isn't attacking Kard, he's defending himself against Kard's FoS. Since someone accused me for not voting originally, I'll cast a vote now.
Vote: CancerBottle
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:39 am

He was at L-2.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:21 pm

dothefandango wrote:Tempted to change my vote for the purpose of speeding this up, or even to make it more interesting.

In fact, lets!

VOTE CancerBottle
Way to be foolish. Give a reason ALWAYS!

FoS: dothefandango
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:33 am

FoShizzle wrote:To clarify on my scummy vibes on pianist.... pianist's FOS of fandango for not giving a reason for a vote, seems.... fake. like why not just ask fandango what his reason was without FOSing? You really suspicious of him for that? I have a hard time voicing why my scumdar is going off, but it is.
I've always seen FoS's as a somewhat alert to "I think you may be scummy. I want you to explain why you did this." They don't have the same influence as votes. Now that DTF answered my suspicions I'd unFoS him but who really does that?
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:26 am

Unvote
as my reasons for voting CancerBottle have "evaporated".
Vote: bgg1996
for putting someone at L-2 with no real reason, calling a random vote suspicious, and not being active.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:59 pm

Well I've been reading the thread and trying to notice a few things.

Kard: I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the "argument" between CDB and CB. Also, why did you unvote? Was it because Kichirou was not very active?

FoShizzle: Do you still have scummy vibes now that I've explained myself? I will agree that I jumped on DoTheFandango; I just didn't completely understand what he was doing at first.
CancerBottle wrote:Well Kichirou has claimed his vote was random, while Bgg1996 states he voted for CBD because he was
"suspicious."
Careful, he said that CDB's
vote
was suspicious.

FatedLunar: Do you still think that Kard may be scum? What do you think about the fact that CDB was at L-2?

Kichirou & bgg1996: TALK PLEASE
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:57 am

Snow White wrote:CBD appears innocent because he has not a vote on Kard. But equally this could be WIFOM. And yet you continue to tunnel CancerBottle for his additional questions. You seem rather defensive CBD but i think this is just because your an IC and trying to get conversation started for the minute.
I don't think CDB would intentionally start discussion that would put him under fire and which at a time put him at L-2

Snow White wrote:Im not going to get into the whole Metagaming concept because my basic concept is that it is lying and adjusting your play to make you unpredictable for future games. Anyone can do it. And for an innocent basing it on someone, you can be horribly wrong.
True
Snow White wrote:CDB has 3 votes on him. 2of the people have been fading from view and i think they had just bandwagoned to get things moving. Neither of them have had much explainations to their votes and i would like an explaination from Kirichou's "CDB's vote was random" and bgg1996 "he's suspicious" before i vote for either one of them. They could have been plain old townies who just got bored after trying to rush the game along.
They've been rather inactive. If they're so bored, they should start discussion.
Snow White wrote:Im concerned however with crazypianist1116 while i was reading CDB's rebutals against Kard i found them to be antagonistic and promoting discussion and questioning while CDB put Kard in the frame for making CDB look suspicious on flimsy evidence.
crazypianist wrote:Additionally, I don't feel like CDB's posts have put any suspicion on Kard. CDB isn't attacking Kard, he's defending himself against Kard's FoS.
Yes CDB's posts have in some ways tried to make Kard look more attacking BUT in post 44 he said
ChannelDelibird wrote:I know. I tried to word my post to make it clear that I was responding to the possibility, rather than an outright accusation.
Perhaps he did that after the fact, but I don't think so
Snow White wrote:And when someone says they want to leave something behind them, they will not usually bring it up again even to say "GUISE
I'll assume you meant "GUYS"
STOP!!" Just my opinion.
crazypianist1116 wrote:Kard8p3: Why didn't you defend ChannelDelibird in 55 after you wanted to "put everything behind [you]"?
but i would suggest that Kard answer you because this topic as he would have wished is not going away. Even though i for one, feel as though it has been exhausted. But that is just my opinion.
I wanted to know why Kard didn't defend CDB when he was at L-2 which resulted (at least 1/3) from the argument that Kard wanted to put behind him and CDB.
Snow White wrote:DoTheFanDango gave his reason of voting CancerBottle. ie. to make things interesting and see who would leap on the bandwagon. Im surprised you did not realise this or just ignored it.
DoTheFanDango wrote:Tempted to change my vote for the purpose of speeding this up, or even to make it more interesting.

In fact, lets!

VOTE CancerBottle
Vote crazypianist
until you can explain your thought process.
RTP! I totally agree with FoShizzle in post 83 that I jumped on DTF. I didn't understand what he was doing at the time, but now I do. Also the fact that you've pointed it out as a chance to identify those jumping on the bandwagon somewhat destroys our ability to do that.

FoS: Snow White
Especially because of the last point.
-----
I'll
Unvote
now as bgg1996 hasn't explained himself at all. I wonder if he's lurking or if he just isn't active.
Kard8p3 wrote:Indeed, that was the correct interpretation, and no need to apologize. You are once again correct, I can't make that argument.
So, what do ya say, lets put this behind us?
After reading CB's analysis, this quote makes Kard seem scummy. He admits wrongly accusing CDB and then he just wants no one to look at the argument again. I suspected this the first time through, and now I do more.

Vote: Kard8p3
because of the above reason and because he will discuss more than bgg1996
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:25 am

Additionally,
Snow White wrote:Hi everyone. Sorry im joining so late but i hope to make up for it by helping town win!! Obviously. :D
contradicts
Snow White wrote: If i had been in the game earlier i would have also wondered about
ChannelDeliBird wrote:of course im not :wink:
Just noticed that.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:11 pm

Kard8p3 wrote:I suppose one could look at it that way, but sorry, I only wanted to put it behind us because I didn't mean for it to escalate to that level. I didn't expect my FoS to turn into a 3 page discussion.
This was what I wanted to hear. I'll
Unvote
now. I'll wait until hearing CDB's analysis tomorrow until casting another vote. FoShizzle, does your vote still stand? Of the 3 votes I have now, yours was random and you still haven't answered my question at post 97.

Snow White:
I FoS'd DTF because I thought his vote was somewhat weak. For example, I could vote for FoShizzle to "make the game more interesting." It seemed as if the vote was out of nowhere and didn't give a solid reason. I wasn't trying to get other people to agree with me, I was trying to find out more about his reasoning. Also if you read post 86, you would know that I said that his explanation checked out.

Also, I'm not writing you off as mafia; I FoS'd you not voted you.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:12 pm

Snow White wrote:Why did you unvote Crazypianist?
Do you mean "Why did you, crazypianist, unvote?" or "Why did you, Kard8p3, unvote crazypianist?"

If the later than why IGMEOY?
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:43 pm

bgg1996 wrote:Ah I'm here I'm here.
He just seemed suspicious is all.
A lot of people random vote, at least I have a little reason.
I'm here I'm here.
Perhaps you could give a reason as to why he seems suspicious. There's more evidence to vote for somebody now than just saying they're suspicious. Also, I've been begging for a response from you. What do you think of what has happened in the past 50 or so posts?

Kichirou the same goes to you.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #13) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:28 am

bgg1996 wrote:He was the first to vote.
I don't want to go into the whole metagaming thing again but to suspect someone because of that point is unprovable and thus null.
bgg1996 wrote:A mafia would be more active as he would be waiting to night kill someone.
A townie however, would be less active.
Firstly,
ChannelDelibird wrote:As an IC, it's my job to talk as much as possible, particularly at the start of the game, in order to help you guys into the rhythm of the game.
Secondly, more active when you're waiting? That seems contradictory. Also it seems as if you're defending your inactivity. You're blatantly calling yourself townie in this post which is a scummie move.
bgg1996 wrote:There is then the possibility that he is a cop/doctor.
I cannot disprove this theory, however, It would be less likely, because if he was mafia, then the other mafia would assist him in voting for the same person, most likely without a reason.
Are you trying to say that because DTF voted for the same person that CDB voted for, it's more likely that they're both mafia? Additionally, I had voted for CancerBottle before. Are you accusing me as well?
bgg1996 wrote:Both Channeldelibird, and dothefandango voted for cancerbottle, without clear reason. I can then deduce that If ChannelDelibird is mafia, then dothefango is also mafia, and if ChannelDelibird isn't, then dothefango is most likey a townie. Therefore, even if ChannelDelibird is good, then we can get valuable information from him.
CDB originally voted for CancerBottle as a
RANDOM
vote. RVS (random voting stage) is common in all mafia games. If you're accusing his vote of being suspicious then you're accusing everyone else's random vote of being suspicious as well. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! Reading CDB's posts yields his explanation of why he held his vote for CancerBottle. Specifically, post 92. Also, DTF has a reason for his vote, to "stir things up." Also, as Snow White pointed out above, it was to see who else would jump on the bandwagon.

I'm going to go ahead and
Vote:bgg1996
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:00 am

Mod: Are FoShizzle and Kichirou playing?
It's been 4 and 3 days respectively since their last posts.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #15) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:22 am

bgg1996 wrote:You know I was inactive. You know I can't imagine it being very fun as a townie. You have no idea who everyone is, and everyone shoots bullets, but only 7/9 of those are random. I would appreciate it if you didn't try to kill me.
It was your choice to be inactive. If you weren't able to post because of work or a vacation you could have posted that. Also, the votes aren't random anymore. People (like me) are giving reasons for their votes.
bgg1996 wrote:The mafia, cops , and doctors would post more. That's a fact. I didn't get a chance to read all of your posts explaining why you're not just some, killer on the loose. There is a reason the first man killed is almost always a townie, and it's not just because there are more towines. It's because the mafia will gang up on someone. I am not mafia. I know that. If three people are voting against me, well I think I've explained that that means 1 of them would probably be mafia.
It wouldn't be you though. The mafia, I would imagine would start the landslide.

Unvote:ChannelDelibird
Revote:crazypianist1116
Now can you explain how this all ties to me? It just seems like you're just stating (unbacked) facts. Why do you think any of them relate to me? Additionally, the last 2 sentences make it seem as if you're voting for someone that you don't think is mafia.

More coming about the past posts later.

One last question, though, Snow White:
Snow White wrote:DoTheFanDango, randomly being the operative word. You didnt question him on anything. You just came in and randomly voted for him while CDB was defending himself against CDB. But Kard8p3 came across as inexplicably weak and i cant figure it out is it a ploy or not because i generally am finding CDB overly defensive and scary.
Could you explain your pronouns in the beginning a bit more? I don't understand who you're talking to and talking about.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:52 pm

Wow, tons of new information. I guess I'll go from the top to the bottom.
ChannelDeliBird wrote:
crazypianist1116 wrote:I'll wait until hearing CDB's analysis tomorrow until casting another vote.
Why?
I didn't wait because you didn't follow through on your promise :wink:
ChannelDelibird, talking about Bgg1996 wrote:Also, in this post, you suggest CP is voting for you because you explained yourself, but that's not strictly true. He's voting for you because he wasn't satisfied with your explanation, which is not the same thing. As should be clear from my last post, your logic is faulty and as such it's a poor reason for a vote. I would disagree with CP, though, in that I'm not going to vote you for it - it's common newbie logic that is just as likely to come from newbtown than from newbscum.
Quite obviously through his post though, he's played mafia before, just not on the internet I suppose. I see your logic, CDB. BotD
Unvote: Bgg1996
. In the future, you won't get off so easily.
Snow White wrote:CrazyPianist116, mafia can do "random" votes to you know? Im not dismissing your suspicions to bgg1996 either but pointing out a potentially relevant fact.
I know mafia can do "random" votes but bgg wasn't claiming his vote to be random.
CancerBottle wrote:What sort of response did you not want to hear, Crazypianist?
The, "I was tunneling CDB" response of course. Also, the "I didn't want it to escalate to that level" made me think he was honest.
CancerBottle wrote:CDB: why is your vote still one me?
It's not.
Meji Fan wrote:Okay, there are 3 people I am currently going to look at again since I think they must be interesting, 1, and most interesting, Snow White, due to FatedLunar's post 54 of this thread, the sort of non committal nothingness that sets off bright neon warning lights.
Eh, I wouldn't say that. He just seemed like a newbie explaining his point of view. Perhaps you could elaborate a bit more? Anyways, nice to meet you Meji. Is it alright if I shorten your name like that?
Kard8p3 wrote: I've changed my mind. unvote:bgg
This is REALLY suspicious. You vote for bgg1996 like CancerBottle and I. This puts bgg at L-2. Then CB unvotes and votes for you along with CDB. You then unvote without giving much of an explanation. It seems as if you think unvoting will cure everyone's suspicions about you. Your unvote of me is extremely fishy as well. For this (and it won't go away instantly like last time):
Vote: Kard8p3

DoTheFandango & Kichirou, what do you think of the recent posts?

Unofficial Vote Count:
Kard8p3
(3) ChannelDeliBird, CancerBottle, Crazypianist1116
Crazypianist1116 (1) bgg1996
CancerBottle (1) dothefandango
ChannelDelibird (1) Kichirou
Snow White(1) Meji Fan

Not voting (2) Kard, Snow White
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #17) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:14 pm

I don't know how much computer access I'll have for the next week but I'll definitely be back to full computer access Friday night. Don't replace me yet!
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:16 pm

2 votes on me without any real evidence...interesting. I think both of you need to back up your points more as votes without good reasoning are pretty much pointless. Either way, I think DTF is the most suspicious because of CDB's reasons. I'll
Vote:DoTheFandango
now and post more later.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #19) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:32 pm

Unvote
as DTF is at L-1 which could lead to a mafia quicklynch (that is if bgg's vote is counted). I promise an analysis within a few hours.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #20) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:30 am

So much stuff has happened. A lot of it surprised me. But I have made a few observations.

Vote: Snow White

Meji Fan was the sole person to vote for Snow White. Snow White, seeing that Meji Fan was the only one who suspected her, would want to kill Meji Fan to cut out those suspicions. Additionally, her vote for me is very suspicious.
Snow White wrote:vote crazy pianist who co-incidentally had a vote on Kard. Say what!?!?!??
Shouldn't you be just as suspicious about CancerBottle, ChannelDelibird, and Dothefandango as well? They all had votes on Kard "coincidentally" when Kard voted for himself. The only thing is, our votes weren't coincidental; we gave reasons for our votes. The only one who didn't was DTF. Shouldn't you be pointing your finger at him?
Also, who votes and unvotes the same person in the same post? This seems rather pointless. You could just FoS a person and then ask for their explanation of something.

I think DTF is very suspicious today as well. In day 1 he barely talked at all, yet when he made a reason-less vote which caused a lynch, he talks a ton.
dothefandango wrote:I'm most confused by your own claim of two people that automatically triggered you without you saying one thing, and you focus on me? I can't tell you how foolish that seems. You have to play instant offense
But I didn't. I clearly voted for you because of ChannelDeliBird's reasons. A vote that essentially caused a lynch is different from 2 votes that will not cause a lynch.
Kichirou wrote:I'm not quite sure what you two are talking about but I have my own theories Vote: crazypianist1116
I too would like to hear why you're voting for me. I don't think CancerBottle needed to vote just to hear your reasons though, he could have merely asked you.
bgg1996 wrote:The reason I voted for crazypianist was because I miscounted the votes, in other words, there was no real reason for me to vote for him. Yet.
Isn't that funny? hahahahaha. heeee.
I guess not.
Votes shouldn't be funny. Votes should be serious.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #21) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:09 pm

Going to be away for the week with limited access. Hopefully I'll be on at least once (I wasn't lucky last time because the lynch happened before I had a say).
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:30 am

Got access to a computer...
Kichirou wrote:I agree with snow someone was trying to frame her and push the magnifying glass away from them self so who was the person who had suspicions placed on them last round? Kard and Crazy we know it wasn't the Kard so that leaves Crazy and what do you know snow was voting for him.
This is rather suspicious. Suspicions weren't really placed on me last round. Your logic is rather weak. Additionally the fact that you didn't explain your vote for me at all is scummy. It makes me want to
Vote: Kichirou
. As for my positions on other people:
DTF's question to the mod makes me think he isn't mafia.
CDB seems like he's either town or playing an extremely good game as mafia.
bgg1996 I have no clue about you.
Cancer Bottle hasn't made any scummy moves (except for that argument on Day 1).
Snow White may possibly be scum because she was so adamant about saying "I'm innocent, I know I'm innocent."

Sorry I can't write more, I don't have much time.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:31 am

EBWOP: The fact that you explained your vote after the fact is scummy.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:35 pm

You're fucking kidding.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (isolation #25) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:44 pm

So, what were the reasons for the NKs?
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #26) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:18 pm

Oh and I'm curious, who did bgg roleblock?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”