Newbie 106 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:28 am

Post by big_kahunia »

random vote: ViciousDragon

Welcome to mafia.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:29 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

The_Inferno wrote:Cause we have history. And cause he's cool like that.
This is a new game, my friend. Out with the old and in with the new. :wink:
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:47 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

The_Inferno: It's all good. But if you voted for the only person you've had previvous contact with, it's not random. Is it?

unvote: VD. vote: MoS
; it's not nice to call someone stupid.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:33 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:cuz he's a stupid spammah
Mastermind of Sin wrote:awww, b-bbb-b-uttt...stupid is describing the spamming, not him
Well, my vote on you (2nd) didn't gain the reactions I'd hope from others. No comments? However, one thing I do find interesting is why you felt the need to change the wording of why you voted Coron. According to grammer, the adjective (stupid) is modifying the noun spammah/spammer, which is equiliant to the pronoun (he/Coron). But in your second post, you change it? Why is that?
unvote
fos: MoS

fos = finger of suspicion
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:16 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

I wasn't concerned about MoS calling him stupid and just wanted to place a second vote and see some reactions. But nothing really surfaced, except Mastermind's shifting of things as I noted in post 17.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #24 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:32 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

niMic wrote:Well, I don't know, but isn't that sort of a long shot?
Well, the fact that we don't have any information means we must create thing for us to talk about. A long shot? MoS could be scum and he could not be. It is too early to tell and not enough to work with. I'm not disagreeing with you since I don't have my vote on him.
Coron wrote:FoS: B_K fpr that stunt, lot more scummy than the reaction.
Why the fos? Since we don't have information of reactions, we need things to gain it.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #29 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:26 am

Post by big_kahunia »

I know you were having fun w/ your OMGUS (Oh My God U Suck) votes and just wanted to see reactions.

This game is really happening. niMic and The_Inferno, you guys have any comments, not that there is much to comment on.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #42 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:10 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Hm… Some interesting threads have developed.

I have more interested in MoS than Coron. At the time Coron voted MoS, MoS was the best lead because he was the most in the open.

I notice in post 28, MoS neglected to mention why he changed the meaning of his post (calling the “spamming” stupid and not the player when it was clearly the player). As for Coron placing his vote on MoS, I think we need to play with control aggression. That is to say, not be totally aggressive and lynch the first person we bandwagon, but be patient and lynch the most suspicious person. On day 1, especially in the case of newbie games, we have no information of concrete results, examples being cop investigations and doc protectees w/ no night kill. Lynching the most suspicious person should be the goal of all newbie games for day 1. I would call Coron “overly eager”. At that time, the game was stalled and he tried to jump start it. Could Coron be scum, sure. But the same probability occurs with MoS.
vote: Mastermind of Sin
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #45 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:10 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Ok, that's two on MoS. Nice unvoting Coron. fos: Sapphire. We don't want to lynch someone that quickly before we glean more information. If we find him more suspicious after his response, then sure we can add some pressure. I do realize the game was slowing down.
Coron, why do you find me suspicious?

Mastermind of Sin, any comments?
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #50 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:08 am

Post by big_kahunia »

Sapphire wrote:Please note the "rinoa" avatar....
Not to mention the pink female gender sign. But don't worry, everyone can have misreads.

Okay, deadline in a few days, 4 or so. hm. Well, we don't have to go crazy yet. Still waiting for MoS.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #54 (isolation #10) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:02 am

Post by big_kahunia »

Hm. Well, I can’t say that I’m totally satisfied with MoS’s answer. I was asking about the reason of why you felt it necessary to change the reason of voting Coron. I do understand your history with him on this site and your joshing.
Do I think a person should be lynched for something so petty? No,
unvote

[quote=”Sapphire”]VOTE Mastermind of Sin

To Get the game moving.....[/quote
vote unbolded.
[quote=”Sapphire”]It was Random really[/quote]
Your words and actions don’t mesh.
vote: Sapphire
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #55 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:03 am

Post by big_kahunia »

Er.. wolfie please fix my tags. I forgot to change the "" to mafiascum from ms word.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #57 (isolation #12) » Sun May 01, 2005 2:37 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Ah, I see now. You just picked one of the seven to vote (1/7). I'd like to hear what niMic, VD, and The_Inferno have to say.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #62 (isolation #13) » Mon May 02, 2005 10:26 am

Post by big_kahunia »

It's okay, niMic. When my home access was down, vets were nice to me. So, as long as you make the effort, I don't think you need replacing. You've posted more than some.

Coron, I asked you previously why you thought me suspicious. Then you go underground for a couple days. After you come back, you vote me. Well, I don't mind the vote, but I'd like you to be more specific in your reasons, as in what actions of mine made you vote me.

unvote: Sapphire
for now.
Remember folks, you have a deadline in less than 24 hours!
the mod wrote:DEADLINE: TUESDAY MAY 3RD @ NOON EST ..
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #65 (isolation #14) » Mon May 02, 2005 1:30 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Coron wrote:The way you've been acting towards like lynching, not really trying to lead, yet throwing your vote on whoever. We need to move quickly to lynch BK as he pointed out. Come on!
“Throwing my vote on whomever” If you look at the context of my votes, you will see that my logic is sound and I kept the game moving, which is why experienced players are in newbies (to keep them for floundering). Before your posts today, you have been absent for four days or so (28th). Don't get me wrong, I realize life occurs outside scum and that people are busy on weekends. In your case, you have been around, according to the posts in your profile. Lurking is a tatic used by scum since it takes them out of the spotlight.
big_kahunia wrote:That is to say, not be totally aggressive and lynch the first person we bandwagon, but be patient and lynch the most suspicious person.
big_kahunia wrote:We don't want to lynch someone that quickly before we glean more information.
It’s interesting how you essentially call me “lynch happy” when I have been nothing of the sort. Then you make the statement, “we need to move quickly to lynch BK”. I think since the deadline is winding down, you’re looking for an easy lynch, especially since two votes will lynch at deadline. I don’t really find Mastermind suspicious and Sapphire is kinda suspicious but not really esp since she voted you.
I do find you suspicious Coron for above reasons.
vote: Coron
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #66 (isolation #15) » Mon May 02, 2005 5:28 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Unofficial Vote Count:

1 – big_kahunia (Coron)
1 – Coron (Big_Kahunia)
1 – Nimic (The_Inferno)
1 – SpphireVerde (Mastermind of Sin)
1 – The_Inferno (Nimic)

Not Voting: SapphireVerde Vicious Dragon

7 Alive, 4 to Lynch!

Ok people. I am staunchly against no lynch on day 1 of newbies games. Why? It is bad statistically. If we no lynch, all the mafia have to do is have one successful townie lynch and two successful night kills and they win. If we lynch, the mafia have to have two successful townie lynches and a successful night kill (by townie, I mean a protown player). I’m for lynching because it gives the town two chances to nail scum. No lynching gives the town one chance. Which is better-one or two?
The reason I’m telling you this is because in less than 12 hours, the day will end. Two votes are all that is needed:
the mod wrote:In this case the majority is all that I need for there to be a lynch made at deadline, so basically 2 or more votes, whoever reached the highest number of votes first will be the one getting the rope around his/her neck!
I’ve outlined my reasons for voting Coron. I encourage you all to vote in order to have a lynch.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #68 (isolation #16) » Mon May 02, 2005 5:35 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

/\
.i
vote count above, except MoS isn't voting Sapphire anymore.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #73 (isolation #17) » Tue May 03, 2005 4:17 am

Post by big_kahunia »

VD and The_Inferno, what stands do you two take?
If you are "just a townie", you won't mind being lynched and not a power role. I find it interesting how you haven't rebuted the reasons against you. Vote stays.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #104 (isolation #18) » Mon May 16, 2005 5:01 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Ode to the Outlaws:

Why must we contend against one another,
Son against father and mother against daughter.
Those amongst us dividing us against ourselves.
We bicker and moan as they prey on us like wolves.
Sigh, happiness and hope fail,
And salt rubs in our wounds,
As the divisors revel in their victory,
We sink into our cacoons.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #109 (isolation #19) » Tue May 17, 2005 5:31 am

Post by big_kahunia »

Thanks Mastermind.

Lynching Coron didn't help, but it didn't hurt. We had to lynch someone.
Looking back, niMic never attacked Mastermind. I try to look for his people support another player, either directly or indirectly. But it was good play by you two. Congrats.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”