Newbie 869 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:28 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

vote: Elli

Just because noone has yet.

And wouldnt it be ironic if the two people stalking each other were scum... hmmm.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

Deer wrote:Not really a fan of random voting, but...

vote: RPG*Twilight
because I don't like the twilight series :)
Funny enough, I hate the twilight series. My name was back when I was 16 (10 years ago.) so they copycat me.

Wagon is dully noted, maybe my vote on Elli wasnt a bad idea.

Elli, why would you wagon on the first page?
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

You even unvoted like the RVS reasons on me were valid. Seriously?
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:37 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

You can also just put it in your watched topics list... on the bottom left. Unless thats what you mean by the option being ticked.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:54 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

Ellibereth wrote:
RPG*Twilight wrote: Wagon is dully noted, maybe my vote on Elli wasnt a bad idea.

Elli, why would you wagon on the first page?
What's wrong with wagoning on the first page? There really is no point on just having 1 or 2 votes on everyone.

So why did you put up a vote for someone in the first place if all you wanted to do was wagon? Or by the sounds of it, hammer without looking like youre hammering.

It's interesting how quick you did this in RvS, still. And given this quote, you sure are putting yourself in a deep hole.

So i'm at L-2, what do I have to defend? an RvS? You actually have more to defend by wagoning then by me being at L-2... and you're not being very convincing. So where's the smart town play in that? Either way you look at it, it looks like you're covering up scum at the very least.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:19 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

SensFan wrote:Guys. Seriously, cool off a bit. It was L-2. That's it.
There's no way 2 Town would place L-1 and hammer votes, so there was no danger of a lynch.

You guys are massively overreacting here.

Bolded: What?

Overreacting? I've seen much worse.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:31 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

SensFan wrote:I don't think it is possible that you are at L-2 on the first page, and we get two Town people not currently voting you, who decide to come in and vote you, without anyone currently voting you noticing this and unvoting.

Newbs games often end up with someone freaking out about a page 1 lynch that almost happened. Relax, you won't get lynched on page 1. And if you do, we'll nab the Scum for 'ya.
I'm not worried in the slightest, for those exact reasons. But is there any harm in asking?

Why are you overreacting if you know the same?
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:45 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

elli wrote:Why would you even think that a page 2 lynch would be possible...
Very eaisly. If 3 townfolk vote for one townfolk, then that leaves two mafia to hammer. That didnt happen, and seeing as everyone is active, it's pretty safe to assume that there was at least 1 mafia in that wagon. That's what people are getting at, and that's why it's pretty simple for a page 2 lynch.

You shouting out WAGGGGGGON like youre trying to get people on a train doesnt help. Seems like you were trying to promote it... in RvS stage, of all things. Trying to hurry things along, are we?
sensfan wrote: I'm the resident IC for this game. My job is to make sure you guys don't get hung up on trivial details like that. It had nothing to do with defending Eli in specific, more just pointing out why the whole logic of attacking Eli is wrong.
First off, I appreciate that you're the IC. But really? What trivial details were we getting hung up on? This whole game is about discussion. Why would you need to step in as an IC and defend her? She made a wagon, I questioned it.
jee wrote: That is another reason my random vote on Twilight, was not so random. Mulitple votes pressure people.
Umm. I beg to differ, two quotes here that kind of contradict this.

First:
jee wrote: So where do these random votes take us?
Then, without an answer, and only two posts later.
Jee wrote: Unvote
Vote: RPG*Twilight
Copy Cat. For using the same reason for his random vote, as i did, one post earlier.
But, isnt that a random vote masked as a very weak argument? It doesnt sound, smell, or look like a case. It's just a vote, for really no reason. "The same reason I did" is a pretty random reason, given we posted in the same minute. But then you say that it isnt random, and that it was there to pressure me. But you never explain that until you unvote. Yikes, the contradictions!

Back to sensfan real quick:
sensfan wrote: To be honest, I looked at ths screen for quite a while last night, contemplating if I wanted to place a fourth vote.
What would be your case against me? Would you really have put up a fourth vote based on little more then the RvS that was there. What information do you have? I'll gladly answer your questions, but if you were really considering putting up a fourth vote, and then dont to "save face", that is noted and very interesting. You had little more to go on then the rest of us, and the fact you were even considering putting me at L-1 with no evidence, is pretty much like putting a vote, and a fairly scummy one at that.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:36 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

Deer wrote:Hey RPG, I said "So where do these random votes take us," not jee. Just thought I should clear that up.
Well i'll be... It is. My apologies.

That being said, Jee, could you get an avatar please. It'll make it much eaiser to recognize you, as I have obviously goofed.

My point still holds true, sans that quote, though I believe.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:07 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

Jee wrote: @ Twilight. yah that wasn't me. you confused me. Also, you don't want to say, "Oh I'm not going to random vote during RVS, so I will put a second vote on someone." That may create suspicion on me. I saw that you had one vote, so I put a second one on to create pressure, discised as a random vote.
I never had you answer this for me, Jee. But what in the heck do you mean by this? You dont want ME to put suspicion on you? Why not? If you're town, what are you afraid of?

Looking through your ISO, It seems you have tried to write without writing. In that, I mean You say posts #3,4,5, etc... But why dont you just quote those posts because I have no idea what you are talking about. It's pretty strenuous to hop back and forth reading what you have to write and attribute it to your case and make some sort of reason out of all of it. It's much eaiser for you and all of us if you just quote em up.
Jee wrote: I was answering the questions asked, giving no reasons because i was looking for reaction
What reaction were you looking for? The only reaction you'll ever get out of that is exactly what you got. Nothing more can really come of that. Especially when two posts that should have been substantial in content were "I have my reasons" and "Me". People were waiting to see what you had to say, and you bailed on that and now you're saying it's just because you wanted a reaction. El contrair, we actually wanted a response out of you. But you gave us none trying to use the "reaction" tactic. It just seemed like a good bailout plan.

FoS: Jee
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #10) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

Arthur Dent: I really have one question for you. If you had facts on a person, would you vote them? Or do you only go off "gut feeling"... because that's a horrible way to go about this game, IMO.

DarklightA: Why would you wait until after the game to tell us anything about someone... isnt the point to give the information so you and everyone else can have said information to make a decision to lynch... why would the information be useful at all after the fact? It's like saying you'll vote for the president after he's been elected.

That is just driving my scumdar crazy... I have no idea how to take this.

That being said, it does look like your bouncing around your vote quite a bit, DLA... From the RVS to voting Jee to Dent.
DarklightA wrote:I've seen a pattern in scum. You seem like one of them. Partly because of your leniency towards people you suspect,
and the way you're not committing yourself to voting
Interesting. For two reasons. You're not committing to voting or to helping the town by withholding information about SensFan. I do see in the beginning you were against my L-2 lynch, pro-town, yes. But is it smoke and mirrors? From your latest actions, it does kind of sound like it, doesnt it?

Unvote
Vote:DarklightA

You have been pretty inconsistent in this game, from defending a lynch to now just muting yourself pretty much.

One last point:
DarklightA wrote: A hypocrite is a person who says one thing and does the opposite.
and to reitierate the quote from above:
DarklightA wrote:I've seen a pattern in scum. You seem like one of them. Partly because of your leniency towards people you suspect,
and the way you're not committing yourself to voting
Just a thought...
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:39 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

Okay DarklightA, I really just have one question for you.

How do you see yourself helping the town by withholding information?

I'm really curious, because I see no possible way that helps.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #12) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:34 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

The only thing hesitiating me right now is the fact that there's a chance DLA is only doing this to distract us from other suspects.

So watch out for that. I'm keeping my eye on everything to make sure.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:39 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

Yeah, that's what I round-about way meant to say in that statement. But I am still imploring that we look at all options, keep your eyes looking, etc.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #14) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:35 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

DarkLightA wrote:Oh, and I'm vanilla.
Wow. Yeah, this'll change votes.

Not convincing at all, much like everything else you've said in this game.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

jee wrote:or turkey
Given the fact that said tryptophan is in said turkey...

but now i'm just being a stickler.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #16) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:35 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

What happened to our mod? It's been almost 30 hours...
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #17) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:03 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

AD Voted for Elli and now AD is dead. Although AD was suspected by a couple people (Jee, DLA, and Kami-Sama, although replaced,and it was a RvS, so i'll let the new person come in first.)

Also, Kami-Sama started getting on Elli. Just a note.

AD was a bit of a wild card in the NK. He did have some suspicions thrown his way.
Mr. Finch wrote: My other candidate right now is SensFan. He started on DLA (admittedly DLA did not help himself at all) and never let up until he got what he wanted when we lynched a townie.
This makes no sense. EVERYONE got on DLA, that's what makes this difficult. And DLA was our BWCS, given that he offered us nothing when SensFan had to repeatedly ask what he was talking about. DLA was making no sense to anyone, so it's really a null-tell. I think it's more the fact I think scum took advantage of this.

ALTHOUGH, after doing a quick ISO of SensFan, I realize a little bit of manipulation to the town that I hadn't seen before. A bit AtE? Possibly. But, SensFan, this quote seems a little desperate:
SensFan wrote: Do the rest of you really not see how hypocritical it is that DarkLight hounded me to explain something I already had, demanded quotes, and then refuses to explain why he thinks I'm one of the most suspicious people here?
Now, although I agreed with you, DLA flipping town probably isnt the best thing now after reading this comment. He didnt do any of his part, that I understand, but now that I re-read this with new information, the word "hypocritical" "demanded" "most suspicious" "hounded" seems like a plea to hound DLA.

Although, your vote on Ellie is okay. I have my doubts about her as well, from Day 1. She assumed she knew the two scum already and will just "wait it out to see if she's right"... That still strikes me as odd. The only two who know are the mafia. It just feels like she put words in there to sound like she just only MAY know.

And another thing, if she said she "assumed" she knew the two scum. Why'd she vote for DLA at all if she wanted to help the town? She said a Deer and Jee connection is most likely. Voted for both of them, then unvoted and got a townie. Hmmm.
Ellie wrote: I'm comfortable claiming whatever I think, and I think there exists that possibility that jee and deer are scum.
As a matter of fact if the game were to end now and I had to guess who the scum were, I'd say them.
For visual proof. She could have very eaisly thrown two names into that hat. (Or maybe one is, and then instead of her name, threw in another... the possibilities)

I'm not going to vote right now, as it's too early to really determine why the NK happened, and the such.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #18) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:02 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

SensFan wrote:What was I supposed to do, RPG, when the player I thought was Scum wasn't doing anything to let me see where he's coming from, and the rest of the Town didn't appear to be following me? Hindsight is 20-20.
Yes, I understand that is what you were supposed to do. Doesnt mean you couldnt take advantage of it as scum.

And the town did, maybe as a rally of sorts... but it still strikes me as odd. Again, not voting, i'm just seeing what im re-reading.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #19) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:54 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

I meant that in a completely hypothetical sense.

That's what I was trying to get at with my not voting.

I'm just trying to look at all angles.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #20) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:47 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

Wow. Sorry guys, I really havent even been on for 4 days... something I didnt know was going to happen... work had me on overdrive, I will re-read the thread and get something up soon. My apologies!
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #21) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

So okay guys, I really hate to do this in mid-game, but RL has gone full throttle and I am moving tomorrow. There will be a huge V/LA there, so I just as soon get replaced, and not have it linger. That's what's been keeping me away, it's been sudden, therefore hard to know IF it was going to happen, or when.

So again, my apologies, for this is not my way of participating. Good luck to all!

In short: MOD: replace me. Thank you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”