Newbie 843 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:00 am

Post by Sanjay »

Hey everyone!

Sanjay here. You may not know me but for a few glorious hours, I was your cop.

When I saw this game in the Newbie Queue, I briefly scanned it and noticed that I would be replacing in for someone claiming a guilty on Zachrulez. Now, I hold Zach in extremely high regard as a player, and I figured the situation was either:

1) I would get to go head to head against Zach as players with different alignments, which I would really enjoy.
or
2) Zach and tubby were trying to pull a fast one on the town, which I would really enjoy.

So I replaced in immediately. I was so excited.

Unfortunately, when I read the thread, I noticed that things were already pretty well in hand for the town and there would be no epic Zach-Sanjay showdown. The way the votes went down meant Zach was pretty much toast, and not only that, Starbuck had kind of betrayed herself with her instant acceptance of the cop claim.

Kind of a let down, but hey, I still would get to secure an easy win out of it, right?

Unfortunately not. After posting a lengthy post about who the scumteam was and why, hohum accidentally posted the lynch scene for Zachrulez, revealing him to be a Mafia Goon. I saw it. Deadline hadn't arrived and Zach hadn't been hammered, so though I knew Zach was guilty based on my cop investigation, I was now privileged to information I shouldn't know: that Zach was not a roleblocker. I had to be replaced out. hohum even deleted my lengthy post too.

Sorry I didn't get to play with you guys. Good game everyone.

By the way, I absolutely agree with Zach and Starbuck about the roleblocker. That kinda sucked.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Sanjay »

Zachrulez wrote:Honestly, you guys took way too long to lynch me... heh heh.
Yeah, if I had stayed in the game I would have been going lynch-crazy if the game wasn't over in three days.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:47 am

Post by Sanjay »

PaltryExcuse wrote:@Sanjay: Do you have your old post? If so I'd like to see it.
Unfortunately not.

It mostly concentrated on Starbuck stuff. The only thing I really remember was the instant acceptance of the cop claim. That just seemed crazy to me.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:13 am

Post by Sanjay »

Just read the Scum QT.

Kudos on picking out the cop, Zach.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:47 am

Post by Sanjay »

I'm a little surprised that Starbuck didn't choose the 'let tubby get an investigation in and go for the Starbuck vs. tubby' finish.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Don't worry about it, Mr. Finch. I knew my replacement out would make me look like some kind of jerk, but hohum couldn't very well explain why I was gone, so I just had to let you guys think I was a jerk for a while.

I totally know what you mean about that sudden moment of clarity. It's a great feeling. Sometimes you can have it and still be wrong, but hey, it's better than just sitting around not knowing who the scum are.

Kyiv, you did a really great job of being obv. town. Starbuck vs. you was a pretty easy choice. Keep doing what you're doing the next time you're scum and you'll do pretty well.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”