Newbie 1046: Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:41 am

Post by hurristat »

Haylen wrote:
Can you all answer these please!

1. Is there any time coming up where we can expect you to not be very active?
I'm v/la at the Weekends but I will pop my head in.

2. Have you familiarized yourself with Mafia Discussion and the Wiki?
3. Have you read at least one completed game on site?
4. What is your experience level? How many games have you played? Are there any complete newbies in the house? Does everyone know how the game in general works.
well, because I'm slow apparently, here you are.

1) usually during the day (I'm GMT-4 or 5) Afternoons and nights I'll usually be here
2) yes
3) yes
4) pretty experienced in IRC games, i'd say maybe 1000, but only 3 other thread-based mafia games.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by hurristat »

So WIR is at L-2 then, i take it
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by hurristat »

Normally, I would move to vote for WIR (after reviewing the thread), but as s/he's at L-2 right now, I'd like to talk about it some more so I can get an idea of who's suspicious and who is not before lynching.
chkflip wrote:Until then, Deer, I think you'll have to wait like everybody else. Though I will say, right off the bat, that hurri isn't looking very town right now.
Sorry, I hadn't read the entirety of the thread yet, so I was trying to get caught up. I've read the whole thing now.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by hurristat »

Sorry I wasn't here yesterday, something came up and I wasn't able to access teh interwebs. And w/r/t to me being a lurker initially, I'm now keeping a tab open on my firefox browser with this game for the duration (or until I die).

And w/r/t to gender, unless I know for sure what gender you are, I use s/he, a gender-neutral term. (So, WIR, no offense, lol)

Here are my thoughts, which are spoiler'd for length:

(told you it was long)
AwesomePoeWell, to start, there's this, his RVS vote:
Deer took the longest time to confirm. He has already given me such a scummy void, his post are like black darkness bottoming out under the universe.
Surprisingly dark and morbid (although this means nothing), but tries to back up an RVS vote (which, by definition, is random), with a reason and is somewhat confrontational towards Deer, instead of just lynching for a reaction/response.

S/he recognizes this in this post
In the RVS, the only motivation for anyone one to vote is to drive the game forward.
but is still voting based on some bogus reason.

The reasoning in the rest of his/her seems solid and aligned with town, but his/her vote is still somewhat suspicious.

S/he fixes this voting discrepancy in this post:
I am a fan of voting people I have suspicions on. But I am also I fan of getting real information from the people I vote. My first vote got the attention of Deer and WIR. Deer asked my a question which I answered. Simple I don't really have a read on Deer.
Which removes much of the suspicion s/he garnered with their RVS vote, but I'm still a bit suspicious.

S/he continues with this:
I like giving my own answers to questions directed at me. Being potty trained I know how to handle my own business. When somebody else tries to answer for me, I start suspecting them trying to direct the flow of the conversation.
I could just be missing some massive metaphor, but, like chkflip says, it's somewhat "persnickety" and kind of confrontational. I could just be projecting a non-existent personality, and I could just be making a rebuttal to an as-yet-to-be-presented WIFOM argument, and he has a valid point in bringing up what he brings up, but the manner in which he brings it up is... interesting to say the least.

This post stood out to me:
Random thoughts aren't constructive. They don't make good cases for voting, nor do they clarify another person's actions. Reading your post, WhenInRome, I don't understand what point any of these thoughts make.
WhenInRome was adding his input to the town, and AwesomePoe dismisses it as "not constructive" and "pointless." As far as I'm concerned, any input is helpful, even if they're mafia -- they could slip up and make a mistake, and if they're town, they probably have good ideas that the rest of the town can benefit from (which is why my lurking is so bad). Trying to shut someone up because you don't like their argument...

AP didn't say anything until chkflip's diagnosis, where s/he said this:
I am being cautious around people who seem to be friendly.
yes, and this is good... but it's almost like s/he's looking for a reason to vote/put an FoS on someone, and not allowing the target of the FoS to exonerate themselves. Ultimately, all the town has on their side is logic and reason, and s/he dismisses it as "not constructive" and "pointless."

Final judgment:
FoS: AwesomePoe

S/he seems to have developed tunnel vision over the course of the first third of the day, refusing to hear outside arguments and not considering other points of view. Hasn't posted much otherwise.

chkflipchkflip does the RVS correctly, and states as much... good so far.

There's the moment that could possibly be an OMGUS moment for me, but he is just commenting on my lurking (sorry!), and the brevity in my posts does not exactly help at all either (I'm like Deer in that respect), but as soon as I mention the reason for my strange L-2 comment and the special dosage of brevity given, chkflip recants on that statement and tries to bring me in and get my point of view. Which is a good thing.

(note to chkflip: I assume this is adequate, lol)

And the analysis is great. Right now, I'm leaning towards town for chkflip.

DeerInitially, Deer didn't do anything to protest the two RVS votes, which I guess is okay, but he doesn't really do anything until the matter is pressed.

I like how he plays the devil's advocate: the town is best equipped when every point of view is present,

He does seem a bit aloof, but this may just be a function of the brevity of his posts.

Final judgment:

So, far Deer seems like town. However, due to that bit of aloofness, and since mafia have a tendency to want to seem separate:

IGMEOY: Deer

Just watching, that's all.

GhostlinDang, you post a lot.

But, you post quality posts, and they make sense and your intentions seem town-based. Or you're an incredibly good mafia.

Keep doing what you're doing.

GLaDOSWe shouldn't lynch her, she's a confirmed moderator.

HaylenGhostlin brings up an interesting point with this quote:
I'm trying to tell you all everything before I die >.<
It's true, that is a very strange thing to say, and while it doesn't tell us anything, and it could just be that IC-protecting-the-noobs mentality kicking in, and it's a nulltell, but it still is a bit strange.

Otherwise, Haylen seems okay.
This could just be the level of experience she has
(WIFOM doesn't work). She's explained her comment in a satisfactory manner, and right now I see no reason to suspect her.

hurristatWay too inactive. Can't get a read. Needs to get his a** in gear and start to contribute.

nikitakitAgain, just like hurristat, way too inactive. However, all of his posts seem to say, "I have no idea what is going on." This doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's worth pointing out.

StefanBGood logic, and inquisitive, which is always a good thing.

But the one thing that I don't quite get is his vote for Ghostlin early on because of her casual inception comment. Why would you vote someone just because you don't understand what they're saying? Yes, I know the language barrier exists, but it's possible to ask for a clarification, you don't need to vote.

Otherwise, I can't really get a feel for him... he seems to be concerned with the town, but there's something that seems out of place with StefanB. Right now, I'm not leaning either way on him, so I'm going to keep an eye on him, just in case.

WhenInRomeAh, WIR.

His vote on Deer was RVS, but he tried justifying it. That is a bit strange, but at least he recognizes that RVS /should/ be random, so this really doesn't make me suspicious at all, like AP's RVS vote.

It is interesting, however, that WhenInRome answered _for_ AwesomePoe. Maybe it's buddying, maybe it's just WIR having a naturally non-suspicious personality.

Ultimately, upon reconsideration, I'm a bit suspicious of WIR, but on the other hand, he could just be a frustrated townie. So,

IGMEOY: WIR

Hurristat: Please get an avatar. Can we expect you to be more active in the future?
I tried uploading an avatar, but it wouldn't let me. (D:) I'll try again. And yes, you can expect me to be more active in the future. With the time between confirming role and starting the game, I forgot about it for a bit *is shot by GLaDOS* I'm back now.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by hurristat »

Deer wrote:Hurristat, through all of that, why not place a vote?
Whoops, forgot that part.

For the aforementioned reasons,

Vote: AwesomePoe
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:56 am

Post by hurristat »

Edit to incredibly long post: please read all possessives and pronouns in my summary of AwesomePoe's actions as the masculine form.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:28 am

Post by hurristat »

StefanB wrote:I went after lurkers, because I thought:
1) now we still have time.
2) I was shocked there were so few people posting.
3) More activity is something that makes people more readable.
4) Nobody else was posting about lurkers when I started it.
I have to agree with StefanB here -- bringing the lurkers out of the shadows helps keep the discussion moving (which is something we quite obviously need) and it helps us get reads on all of the lurkers, which you know, is awesome.

Also, StefanB must be mafia, he's Italian (I think)! (joking)
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by hurristat »

While Haylen worded what she said pretty strongly, I don't consider it a scumtell at all, I just see it as a townie worrying about all the rest of the town and making sure they don't mislynch.

WIR's vote seems based on very iffy fact. I had my eye on WIR. It's upgrading to:

FoS: WhenInRome

And w/r/t AwesomePoe's rebuttal to my arguments are less solid than he argues my argument is. Until he attempts a rebuttal further than "your argument sucks," I'm leaving my vote on him.

chkflip: Hopefully whatever issue came up, it is resolved in the most positive way possible.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by hurristat »

Since it's the lastest fad, here's my list:

I'll start with town and go to scum

1) Ghostlin -- really helpful and gives great analysis and acts in the best interests in the town
2) StefanB -- really hard to decide who's more town between you and Ghostlin. Done the same things as Ghostlin, mostly, but marginally less town. (don't worry)
3) Deer -- hard to read due to his brevity (and I sympathize with that), but seems town, more so than chkflip and Haylen
4) chkflip -- even though he has been gone for a while due to intervening circumstances, he has been really helpful to the town in the periods he's been here.
5) Haylen -- not really very active, for an IC at least. Don't get an entirely town read from her, but still.
6) Nikitakit -- Keeps promising things he doesn't deliver. Actively lurks etc. This is where the mafia-ish-ness starts
7) WhenInRome -- When I did my read-through, I felt that he was maybe just misunderstood. This changed when he lynched Haylen.
8) AwesomePoe -- The combo of that whole thing with WhenInRome, and then refusing to answer my post, and semi-active lurking, gives him the spot that mafia despise the most.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by hurristat »

Haylen wrote:hurristat: Was that a Freudian slip? :O Do you and WhenInRome plan on getting me lynched?
no, I, where I came from mafia-wise, we have a lexicon where "lynching" is often synonymous to "voting"

I meant "voting," not "lynching"
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by hurristat »

ROLLIN'

Either we have a doc with a good guess or the mafia nokilled for the night. Either is a possibility a this point, but let's take the kill-free night and run with it.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by hurristat »

StefanB wrote:Hurristat: Were do you come from Mafia, do you mean RL, or Forrummafia? If the second, where did you play?
I played on an IRC server, and in real life, but mostly on the IRC server.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:08 am

Post by hurristat »

Hey, I've stopped being a lurker.

And my post above about what happened during the night was not fishing for the doctor, just expressing gratitude to whomever the doctor was. I want the doctor to remain obscured.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:26 am

Post by hurristat »

Nikitakit, this would be a good time to stop the active lurking and say something...
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by hurristat »

AwesomePoe,
considering I have more posts than you
, how am I less active than you, chkflip, or nikitakit?
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by hurristat »

AwesomePoe: fair enough. And to be honest, the reason I was inactive was due to the fact that I forgot I was playing this game (*is shot by GLaDOS*))

I'll be posting my analysis of the posts that I've missed sometime within the next few hours.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by hurristat »

AwesomePoe wrote:@SB: Your vote pattern is unstable because it varies alot throughout the day. It matters not what reasons you have. This was an analysis of voting patterns which are objective. Your vote has been devalued by flip flopping on many people.
Eh, it's day one. Vote flopping is not necessarily a bad thing, it gauges reactions on everyone and it allows everyone to see everyone's styles of play. But past Day 1, it starts to be suspicious.

Ultimately, I'm not quite sure to make of this feud between StefanB and AwesomePoe -- chances are that one of them is mafia and is trying to engage the other.... It's become less of an argument and more of a fight.

And Haylen, sorry about the news.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by hurristat »

StefanB wrote:Hurristat: The feeling that on of us is scum, is something that I think is right. Hint: It's not me. Look at who started it. (I would not call my vote the start), who is making more sense, see what you can make of it.
Who started it is not necessarily an indication -- maybe AP is a town who thinks you're mafia, and is trying to get you lynched. Maybe he's mafia. I don't know. But I'm not voting for one side or the other.
The timing of your posting is something that I don't like. It was after I did start to really attack AP, (Hey I waited 3 posts whit it) why now and not earlier, when it wasn't as evident, that that was going to become less good for AP? I had you slighly Protown on day 1, Day 2 doesn't look good.
I was busy earlier (school got crazy), so I didn't really have a chance to come on here and post my thoughts. And I'm not just focusing on you -- AP is becoming scummier in my eyes too, but he hasn't responded to me yet.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by hurristat »

Deer wrote:Anyways, hurristat is climbing up that scumlist.
I will admit: I can see how you would see me as acting scummy... I've become less reserved in my judgments and that brevity I mentioned earlier is kicking in.
He's not stepping on toes or making any bold claims, and it just feels right.
Often the opposite is often seen as scummy as well -- and you're not really stepping on toes either, you put me at L-4, which really doesn't mean anything at this point. But, even if you're not being perfectly inquisitive, you're not on my scumlist. I believe you're town, and your vote is your vote, but still...

W/r/t to me not voting: I'm not quite sure who to vote for yet. I often don't vote unless one player is acting scummier than the rest, and right now it's a three-way tie. The day is long, and there is much that is yet to come. I'm sure that someone will emerge, and when that happens, I will vote. I will vote in order to try and pressure someone into a response (just like you did here with me), but otherwise I usually abstain from voting until I'm a little bite surer.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:20 am

Post by hurristat »

StefanB wrote:Okay Hurristat: You are right, being sure is a good thing before you think someone is scum.
But please look at the argument, look what really happened and think about it okay?
I did and came to the same conclusion as before: maybe AP is mafia and is trying to make you overreact (which he managed) and end up on a lot of people's scumlists, or maybe he's town and strongly believes you're mafia, and is trying to get you to overreact in order to get you lynched.
Ghostlin wrote:
Hurristat:
You're fencesitting. You mentioned to Deer he's not on your scumlist. Who IS on your scumlist?
Okay here it is:

Scummy

AwesomePoe
Nikitakit
StefanB
chkflip
Deer
Haylen
Ghostlin
Town

For the purposes of this list, I consider the top two to be on my scumlist, and the bottom two on my townlist (but these things can change)
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:04 am

Post by hurristat »

Oh btw I have V/LA on February 3 - 6, but I will pop in occasionally on those days.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by hurristat »

AwesomePoe wrote:@hurri: you’re leaving out two really anti-town cases in the SB vs AP argument. There are two directions the mafia “->” can go. Does my alignment reflect more on SB, or does vice versa?

If it is the case that both AP and SB are town, then this is day two frustration coming to boil. Two townies are looking for the scum they didn’t find in the day one lynch and are now focusing on the other as the probable scum they missed on day two. However, if it is the case that both AP and SB are both mafia, this is an altogether different animal.

Then the argument is two scum buddies distancing themselves from each other. SB looks more town then scummy to other players, while I look the scummiest to the most town looking players. This case is not likely, because one of the couple is secure in his town status while the other has thrown his security away. Distancing is unnecessary in the current environment.
Those are both valid scenarios, but I doubt the mafia would resort to distancing themselves from each other at this point in the game, if they are, then it's probably bad strategy. And if you're both town, I suggest that you tone the harsh rhetoric down a bit and use more reason and less emotion. Ultimately, this paragraph of yours doesn't really change my opinion on either of you two, my amended scumlist stands at (until nikitakit and chkflip are replaced)

Scum

AwesomePoe
StefanB
Haylen
Deer
Ghostlin
Town

You're really the only active person on my scumlist right now, AP, so I feel compelled to do this:

Vote: AwesomePoe

But I'm still keeping my eye on StefanB and Haylen for the moment.
StefanB wrote:Thats the AwesomePoe case. Anyone has any argument against it?
I do think that he was pretty provocative in some of his posts, especially with respect to the "value of your vote," and that's why I'm voting for him. This list seems more OMGUS than anything, and it sounds like many of these were created with the intention to incriminate AP while lifting all the blame off of you. While this last thing isn't necessarily bad, when combined with OMGUS, it's quite suspicious. Maybe AP was just trying to get more information out of a player he thought was fairly cryptic. Maybe he was giving his perspective on things. I don't know... but when trying to argue a point in mafia, there are no absolutes for the town -- unless you're the cop, you don't know anything for certain. So I don't know for certain that AP is mafia, I just have a hunch. But it's all I have to go off of. So there are definitely arguments against what you say, but the real question to ask is: do the arguments outweigh the arguments against AP?
Deer wrote:Hey Stefan, hurristat's scum. You should probably vote him. That's what I think.
I probably should comment on this....

Deer: what sort of thing are you basing your vote on me on? I'm still not quite sure why you're voting me, other than "you're doing everything a town should be doing." If it's simply that you're getting scummy vibes from me, fine, okay, whatever, but I don't quite understand your vote.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #22) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by hurristat »

Hurristat, do you have any reasoning for your placings? Btw, I don't advocate listing town reads, which is why I wont be doing mine any further than necessary in the game.
Yes, I do. I think AwesomePoe is the scummiest right now as he is being mildly confrontational right now while trying to maintain the "helpful townie" face as well. It seems kind of forced. (and fair enough about the no more town reads thing, that makes sense)
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:06 am

Post by hurristat »

Welcome, Zachrulez and Nocmen.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:48 am

Post by hurristat »

[quote="StefanB"OMGUS is voting on someone whitout any other reason than that he is voting for you. Even if AwesomePoe would be voting for me, OMGOS is not what is happening here.[/quote]

On technicality, you're right -- and it seems like your argument is seemingly based on the fact that you want to somehow win the argument against AP -- and you do raise some valid points, but I do think a few of them are forced.
Zachrulez wrote:*twitch*
Ya, this is my first game on here, and I didn't know that mentioning actions that occurred in the night was taboo.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:48 am

Post by hurristat »

aaaah sorry about the HTML fail in the previous post.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (isolation #26) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:07 am

Post by hurristat »

StefanB wrote:Hurristat: Okay tell me which of my points are forced? If anyone has something that shows that I made a mistake, please speak. I'm convinced that AP is scum, if there is something that doesn't match up, tell me before a mistake is made. I am pressing you at the moment because you are the only one who said that there is something wrong with it.
Mostly 1 and 4 stuck out to me -- but I guess it just seemed to me that you and AP had begun focusing on each other and no one else. I guess that's all.

I was going to tell you to vote for me if you think I'm scummier, but I don't know if you want someone at L-1 just yet.
Nocmen wrote:76: hurristat pointing out that WIR is L-2 seems suspicious. We knew he was at L-2, why would you ask? Trying to have you and your buddy double hammer?
There's a reason this is a "newbie" game -- where I had played mafia previously, it was customary to ask questions like that if you didn't entirely remember what the scenario was.
79: Hurristat again, why do you want to vote for WIR at this point? I haven't seen too many original suspicions from you, sounds like you're joining the wagon.
I really hadn't read the entirety of the thread when I posted that, just the first couple of pages, so at that point I thought WIR was the scummiest.
106: Hurristat actually posts good content. I find it interesting that he gives a lot for AP though, and little for anyone else. Seems like he's tunneling on AP.
I guess it would seem like I was tunneling on AP for the first day, you're right.
I find it interesting that WIR and AP are in a lot of these lists as the most scummy, and Ghost at the bottom. Hurristat's list (140) seems a lot like he's following people.
The reason for that -- I haven't played a game on mafiascum before, and I'm not acquainted with all the things that are considered scummy here (even though I read a lot of the wiki). So I read what others said, weighed it in my mind, and placed it in the order I thought appropriate.
Hurristat's lurking and tunneling both seem scummy, especially when I have a feeling hurristat will use the fact that others suspect AP as reason to lynch him, and if he's scum, get town cred. That's where I see the game right now, with hurristat/AP as the most likely to be scum.
Fair enough.
AwesomePoe wrote:hurri’s comment, which was first, tells me he would have been watching the thread pretty closely during the night and would have an idea when the night would be over.
I knew when night would be over because GLaDOS announced it at the end of Day 1.
That coupled with his doctor comment, leads me to believe his post was fishing for the doctor.
Where I played mafia before, it was customary to congratulate the doctor after a successful save. Again, I have to learn what to do and what not to do here.
That and his behavior and vote have not changed much day two.
I don't see how me not changing behavior makes me scummy, (but I can see how the vote not changing is scummy.)
hurri seems the most undisturbed by how the night went, and reacts more to the nokill than the WIR lynch.
Of course I was undisturbed -- no one died (which was good). But w/r/t the nokill vs the WIR lynch, I was gone when WIR self-voted, and therefore could not comment on the WIR vote. I figured there wasn't really much for me to say about it when the day started, so I didn't comment upon it
One more point on hurri, he did not consider that both me and SB being town and has since demoted SB to the same scum status as myself. There really isn’t a point for SB to be below Haylen or Deer. The SB vs AP fight reflects more my aggression on SB than SB’s defense.
Ya, I honestly have to agree with these points.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:14 am

Post by hurristat »

StefanB wrote:Your AtE (appeal to emotion) is noticed.
I don't see any appeal to emotion there. (in other words: could you please point it out?)
That at least bad play. Reasons are very important, to know what someone did, is at least as important to know why he did it. Some players would say its most important for mafia. Combine it with the fact that he said that and his reaction, when I posted my reason makes that very relevant.
Um, could you clarify? I don't quite understand what you're trying to say.
The reason for that -- I haven't played a game on mafiascum before, and I'm not acquainted with all the things that are considered scummy here (even though I read a lot of the wiki).
Very bad sentence, the town should be concerned with what others see as scummy, it's more important for them to know what they see as scummy. Using any reasons that are considered scummy somewhere else will probably not get you into trouble (if they make sense), you will just have to explain them a bit. But you haven't used that other scumtells.
I haven't played too many forum-based games (mostly on IRC), and as the phases are short (~5 minutes), establishing what is fact and what is not fact is important -- this explains my comment after the phase change and the L-2 comment earlier.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (isolation #28) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by hurristat »

AwesomePoe wrote:@hurri :The consistency of play strategy is not by itself scummy or town. The consistency of play is a measure of how much an event impacted the player. The WIR self lynch and the night one nokill were both major events in this game. Following those events it would be in the best interest of town to adapt new play strategies, because day two has changed the game environment. When the environment changes so must town.
Yes, but only in the context of trying to find the scum -- the nokill and the self lynch do not necessitate a change in playing style.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (isolation #29) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by hurristat »

AwesomePoe wrote:@hurri: you are trying to find scum, right? Or are you not? You don't have to change your play style if you are not hunting for scum. But why would you do that?
I am looking for scum -- but if I was looking for scum earlier, why should I change that on day two, as that is clearly what you desire of me. I still don't see how not changing is considered scummy. Usually changing greatly in playstyle is considered a scumtell, but okay...
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (isolation #30) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:34 pm

Post by hurristat »

AwesomePoe wrote:I think you need to look around. A few people have been playing subtlety differently. I don't believe you have nothing to say about WIR's self hammer. We all have our interpretations and that kind of input is valuable. What did you think about it?
My thoughts on WIR's hammer?

I think it was pretty rude, as it ensured that we would waste a turn -- he was town-sided, and hammered a person who he _knew_ was town, and merely because he was bored. So I was shocked and appalled by it. I know this is kind of strong (language-wise), but I would have said this earlier if an appropriate time presented itself.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (isolation #31) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by hurristat »

StefanB wrote:This sentence I would call an appeal to Emotion (wiki), and it makes me said, angry...
I'm a little bit affraid that you would do a WIR on us Hurristat. If you are town improve your play and don't go silent in the night.
It was not an appeal to emotion -- the only reason I considered you even vaguely scummy was that, at the time, you were tunneling on AP. If you were willing to vote for me, it would show that either you are good at listening (which I have no doubt you are) or that you'd think I was mafia.

I'm not that dumb as to hammer myself. (and I'm not sure how to improve my play, I made some mistakes that I didn't know were antitown, but this is why it's a newbie game)

Thanks for clearing that other part up... I could understand what you were trying to get at before, but the language barrier got in the way. :( (If only I knew German...)
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (isolation #32) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by hurristat »

NOTICE: I WILL LARGELY BE V/LA FROM 2/3 to 2/6.
So that's why I'll be gone those days.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (isolation #33) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by hurristat »

StefanB wrote:Hurristat: Sorry for the AtE think, was an overreaction. Happy to hear that you will try. I will leave my vote on AP as long as I think he is scum and there is no need to chance (Deadline for example)
What I find is interesting here is that I said that I didn't think it was AtE, but as soon as Haylen comes on and says "it wasn't AtE," you recant your opinion...
What I and some others don't like about your play is that you seem to be afraid to do something and don't really make choices. You are very passive. This is scummy because scum tryes to hide. Be more active (That doesn't mean posting more, but means try to get a read on thinks, ask questions, say your own opinion...) How many posts did it need to get you to say witch of my points about AP were in your opinion bad. Definitly to much.
I don't really see how I'm being passive or "afraid to do something" -- I was the only one really to pursue you (maybe because everyone else thought you were town), and I haven't been submissive or afraid to share my thoughts -- maybe I haven't commented on all of the topics, but at this point, most of what is going on is just question/answer, and I should allow people to answer questions directed to them. And I think the length of our discussion about AP was more a function of bad communication rather weak opinions on my side.
AwesomePoe wrote:I will count my blessings and continue working towards the town winning condition.
How is this any less doc-fishing than what I said?
AwesomePoe wrote:You’re putting a L-1 vote based on 8 sentences?
This sentence was the only thing that really stuck out in the debate between Zachrulez and AP -- I don't think the "clause count" is a valid defense -- if you can't come up with any other reasons why the opposite person is wrong, then you're just saying "it's wrong because I want it to be." If their argument is wrong or vague, just say that. But saying "it's not long enough" is not valid.
Zachrulez wrote:Personally I don't think analyzing vote counts makes someone more likely to be town
In other forum-based games I've used vote analyses as mafia to get town lynched, but I've also used it as a town to get mafia lynched. I say it's a null read.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (isolation #34) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by hurristat »

grr vbs... Y U NO FORMAT CORRECTLY?
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (isolation #35) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:49 am

Post by hurristat »

Nocmen wrote:Also to hurri @ 291: You say you've pursued Stefan a bit. Do you think his vote pattern D1 was too open or wishy-washy?
Ultimately, not really: when I was playing during d1, I really didn't notice that he had switched votes 4 or 5 times, and thought that he was either a) lynching the right person or b) it was RVS stage. I think that vote-swapping during D1 isn't entirely indicative of anything -- it's either a mafia trying to get a town lynched or it's a town putting pressure on people and seeing how they react. 5 or 6 times may have been much, and I can see where the criticism is coming from, but ultimately, I think it doesn't reveal anything about Stefan's alignment.

I was trying to get something out of StefanB because I thought he was kind of tunneling on AP a bit. He answered with a satisfactory defense, so I'm satisfied with SB for the moment.
Ghostlin wrote:I still suspect you, because we had to practically drag you out into the light to get you to post, but AP's more
actively
suspicious.
Ah, fair enough.

Some questions:

Deer voted for me and hasn't been seen since. Where is he? Is he V/LA? Is he trying to hide in the shadows? His behavior is making me quite suspicious at this point.

AP: There have been many charges leveled at you that you have ignored -- would you care to either a) answer them, or b) explain why you haven't answered them?

Haylen: I know your life's been busy, which is completely understandable, but you were fairly inactive even before your life got hectic. What level of activity should we expect?

So far, I like Nocmen and Zachrulez.

Mod Edit: Quote tag fixed.
Last edited by GLaDOS on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (isolation #36) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by hurristat »

This is my last post before I leave for vacation. I'll probably stop in once a day after this until Sunday, but until then, adios!
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #351 (isolation #37) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:38 am

Post by hurristat »

Ghostlin wrote:He's been lurking, also been kind of fishing and I still do not trust him.
Actually, ever since I realized the game had started, and with the exception of my V/LA, I haven't been lurking. And the fishing comment (which was the only one), was something I said due to the way that I learned how to play mafia online.

I know you mentioned the "eat crow" thing, but why the sudden switch off of AP and onto me? You mention later that it's to keep the pressure on, but you also mention in the post I'm quoting above that you think "he's trying to figure out who the doc is." So you're switching off of him because he's docfishing and you're switching onto me because I was docfishing?
Haylen wrote:Btw, just for info guys. It's really poor form to lynch somebody whilst they're V/LA, it's one of those few things that make me yell in a game.
Honestly, I don't mind, as long as you don't
hammer
me while I was V/LA.
Ghostlin wrote:What AP didn't say was much more interesting then what he did.
This sentence is kind of strange to me -- you can't make assumptions based on what you think the other person is thinking, you only have what they have said.
StefanB wrote:At the same time I don't think you should ignore someone completely because he is V/LA.
It makes sense to try and figure out who the mafia are even when someone is V/LA -- you still have the posts that they left behind.
Ghostlin wrote:Apparently you and I didn't read the same post, because he didn't claim vanilla at all. He claimed
Town
. I could quote it for you:
I claim Town, and when I flip Town you will be sure.
I chose not to keep my vote as a prod to preserve a possible power role that you're going on about. He could be claiming VT there, he could be scum claiming anything; but the fact that he refused to give away his claim part and parcel interested me.
I know it could be protecting himself, but the claim of "town" could apply to all of us -- we would all claim town and then we'd be right back where we started. I don't quite see how the claim exonerates him at all yet.

The posts after this are mostly Ghostlin and Zachrulez tunneling on each other -- not really much to say besides that about those posts. I'm back from my V/LA now, also (if you hadn't noticed)
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #353 (isolation #38) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by hurristat »

Your D1 seemed a lot like lurking to me.
That's because I forgot I was playing the game for about 5 days or so irl. Have I been lurking since my first post, at all? No. So I don't think that people can say that I'm a lurker now, considering I have more posts than both Haylen and AP.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #357 (isolation #39) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:54 am

Post by hurristat »

StefanB wrote:Sorry if someone is very much likely scum, doesn't really defend himself and on L-1 doesn't claim a power role you don't unvote, you lynch. (The last sentence is not directed at Hurristat)
I know it's not directed to me, but I don't entirely understand this sentence -- how does this scenario lead to mafia? It seems that lynching someone who claims oc and doesn't defend themselves leads to lynching more town than mafia.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #362 (isolation #40) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by hurristat »

Ghostlin wrote:hurristat [is] guilty of doc fishing and in hurri's case, lurking most of D1.

I won't refute either of those claims, but let me point out: I have done neither since, and both were miscues due to my acclimation to this style of mafia.
We've not gotten an idea of what hurri has by way of claims.
I wasn't at L-1, I saw no reason to claim (it'd only help the mafia at that point)
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (isolation #41) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:15 am

Post by hurristat »

Ghostlin: so, aside from the infamous doc fishing post, why do you think I'm scum?
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (isolation #42) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:01 pm

Post by hurristat »

A couple of things:

1) It's good that we have another couple extra days to work with
2) What does PBP stand for?

Ghostlin: If you're so adamant (that might not be the right word here, but whatever) that AP is not mafia, then why did you switch to AP and not me?
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #391 (isolation #43) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by hurristat »

Ghostlin wrote:Hurri, to be honest, I like your lynch over AP's today, however, it doesn't really matter because I voted AP back to L-1 before the deadline extension, and a lynch, any lynch would give us information versus a no lynch today.
Fair enough -- it just seemed kind of "flip-floppy" when you switched at first, but this makes sense.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #393 (isolation #44) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by hurristat »

AwesomePoe: Since you're at L-1 with the deadline looming: is there any reason why we shouldn't lynch you?
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #443 (isolation #45) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:23 am

Post by hurristat »

I think we should nolynch today -- work the percentages, try to get the chance of our hitting mafia up. At this point, we NEED to get a mafia, and it's more advisable to try and do everything in our power to improve our chances of hitting mafia. We should also use as much of the day as possible in order to glean as much information as possible.

I think that almost all of us have something that could be considered scummy:

Haylen: usually ICs in these games are able to separate themselves from the pack and be viewed as town, even if they're mafia... I really haven't had an entirely pro-town read of Haylen at any point in the game. She also hammered on AP two days before the deadline. Haylen: did you actually think AP was scum or did you just hammer so that the town would have a result to work with at this point in the game?

I'm seen as fairly scummy for some reasons (accidentally docfishing, "not posting content")

Nobody Special: POST, PLOX. At this point in the game we need everyone to be active. Who do you think is scum and why?

Nocmen: now that I look at Nocmen in iso, he really looks pretty scummy. He posted a lot of content when he started playing (to try to gain our trust), and slowly, towards the end, the relative content in the later posts is less -- he only asks a single question in several of his later posts. Nocmen: why the sudden drop-off in the content in the posts?

Zachrulez: his spat with Ghostlin gives me pause, and several of the things he has said kind of make a metaphorical exclamation point pop up over my head, but there is this to consider: Ghostlin (town) switched off of AP (town), because he thought that AP was trying to do something -- and onto Zachrulez, with whom he had a small fight. Ultimately, I'm not sure if he's town or mafia, but there are some things here that are a bit suspicious to me.

and StefanB: usually I don't have much to say about SB, but I think that he is somehow remaining aloof from the rest of us, and avoiding suspicion.

Something interesting about twilight is that Ghostlin seemed to know that there was a good chance that he would die that night, and pointed his finger mainly at Zach, NS, and me. These three should be examined thoroughly, and we should also put the other three under intense scrutiny as well.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #448 (isolation #46) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by hurristat »

I'm not going to vote no lynch for at least a week real time IRL -- this is daytime and we should try to get as much information from people as possible, but we need to remember this, when going through that process:

WE SHOULD NO LYNCH BY THE END OF THE DAY.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #461 (isolation #47) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:38 am

Post by hurristat »

StefanB wrote:Hurristat: Your problem is called active lurking. You are not attacking that much, not taking sides... A good example is post 443, who do you personaly suspect of beeing mafia?
If you look at post 443 I definitely take sides, and ask people questions. I don't know how you see me saying "THIS PERSON IS SCUMMY" as not taking sides. If I said "THIS PERSON IS MAFIA" then my motives are either a) I'm mafia and I'm copfishing, or b) I'm cop, and therefore an idiot. I don't see how my post is neutral -- I ask questions that I think are helpful (I'm a noob, so I don't know if they are or not), and I took sides on who I thought was the scummiest
The point about the thinks to consider. Why is it relevant?
It's entirely relevant. Ghostlin switched off of AP for some reason unbeknownst to us, and AP ended up as town, and Ghostlin had more information than us, as doctor. So I think the fact that a confirmed innocent switched off of someone onto another person, and especially since that innocent was able to accrue some information, I think that that exchange is incredibly important. How is it irrelevant?
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #466 (isolation #48) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:03 am

Post by hurristat »

StefanB: I definitely said in 443, for some of my analysis, "this person is scummy." I don't see how that is neutral... I think you're trying to force a point so you can try to continue your belief in my being scummy.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #468 (isolation #49) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by hurristat »

Probably at this point yes, but I would also vote for both Zach and NS.

To NS: Give us meaningful content -- you were replacing someone who was actively lurking, and now you're actively lurking even more.... your behaviour is making my read of you go from "scummy" to "super scummy". So please post some content, I want to know what you think of people.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (isolation #50) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:31 am

Post by hurristat »

EBWOP: of course, I mean of people playing, not just people in general.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #478 (isolation #51) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by hurristat »

and it has been eight hours, after NS said two.

*sighs*

I will admit, NS knows how to delay...
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #492 (isolation #52) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by hurristat »

Now that NS has posted content, I have no qualms doing this:

Vote: No Lynch
(L-1)
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #496 (isolation #53) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:05 am

Post by hurristat »

Okay, it's now lylo. I'm thinking mass claim, and get the reports from the cop? What do you guys think?
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #503 (isolation #54) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:17 am

Post by hurristat »

I don't care, I'll start. I'm an ordinary citizen.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #505 (isolation #55) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by hurristat »

oh, come on people, get some courage and just say it, the order doesn't matter.

the only stipulation is that anyone who claims cop should not post their results until everyone has claimed a role.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #510 (isolation #56) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:58 am

Post by hurristat »

Just out of curiosity and for future reference (for further games on this site), why does the order of claiming matter as long as everyone does it?
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #515 (isolation #57) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by hurristat »

that was a fail of a mass claim:
Okay, cop, you really should claim, so that way we can clear people. at this point we need to get a mafia, and if we don't lynch one the game's over. so losing the cop next night or losing the game.... i think I'd rather lose the cop, no offense to the cop.

the whole "have mafia claim first" makes no sense -- they're still going to be counterclaimed with somebody else, and as long as the cop doesn't reveal their reports, we're fine. so I don't see how the order matters at all
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #519 (isolation #58) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by hurristat »

Haylen wrote:Hurristat, only scum would know if we have a cop right now. Since they have prior information about the setup. I personally believe that we don't since anybody would have claimed cop by name.
Oh, whoops, I thought all the setups had cops. -_-
The order is important as it stops the scummy people coming up with a fakeclaim when everyone else has claimed. The person who has been counterclaimed is always lynched, hence why a scum who claimed early couldn't come up with a fakeclaim. Thus why it Nobody Special is pretty much confirmed town atm.
I still don't understand this logic -- how is anyone who claims earlier less or more scummy than anyone who claims later? Nobody Special only claimed last because that's how it happened, it's not a reflection of reality, necessarily. Is voluntarily going early then a pro-town or pro-mafia thing then? I still don't understand the logic >.>
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #522 (isolation #59) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:18 am

Post by hurristat »

Nocmen wrote:Hurristat, why are you so insisiting on there being a cop? The only people who know for certain if there is a cop are the cop, and scum. I don't believe that you would insist otherwise why there is a cop. Then again, if there is a cop, then they screwed up majorly by lying about their role.
hurristat wrote: Oh, whoops, I thought all the setups had cops. -_-
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #528 (isolation #60) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by hurristat »

so we should probably lynch either Zach or NS then?
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #532 (isolation #61) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:52 am

Post by hurristat »

If I were mafia, I would know what the setup was. I obviously don't.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #536 (isolation #62) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:43 am

Post by hurristat »

Whatever, if you really enjoy losing that much, go ahead and lynch me.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #538 (isolation #63) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:42 am

Post by hurristat »

I honestly thought that there was a cop in each setup, I thought there were two setups with the types of mafia changing, not also the town PRs changing as well. And I did intentionally role fish today, because if we lose, it won't matter anyways.

Right now we should probably focus on NS/Zach. I can't really make a judgment there, until NS posts more, so right now I think it's probably NS.
Of you and Haylen, it's probably you.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #559 (isolation #64) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:19 am

Post by hurristat »

Ya, I'm here. I didn't notice that we had another page. All I could see was Haylen's post at the end of Page 22 -_-
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #562 (isolation #65) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:11 am

Post by hurristat »

Zach, the reason that the thread lacks votes for NS is that we're deciding whether you or NS are mafia. The fact that you're pushing it so hard makes me kind of suspicious.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (isolation #66) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:31 am

Post by hurristat »

Is everyone just not posting?
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #571 (isolation #67) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:18 am

Post by hurristat »

Zachrulez wrote:That's because he wants to lynch me without one.

This isn't a hard choice...
This one?

Meh, NS would say the same thing.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #580 (isolation #68) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by hurristat »

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #599 (isolation #69) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:57 am

Post by hurristat »

NS, wait, your argument on Haylen was really long and protracted, but your argument on Zach is short, and that's the one that needs more attention? Something's missing there.

Pot, kettle, etc., but Zachrulez hasn't posted any meaningful content in a while.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #615 (isolation #70) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by hurristat »

Wait, Zachrulez is mafia?

woot!
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #623 (isolation #71) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:37 am

Post by hurristat »

Yep, I'm mafia. Lynch me.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #624 (isolation #72) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:39 am

Post by hurristat »

I'm kidding. But if you look at what happened, I made a bunch of newbie mistakes (which is what this game tries to get rid of), and aside from those, I don't really know why I'm considered scummy.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #626 (isolation #73) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by hurristat »

That's your choice, I can't really do anything to convince you one way or another, I'll let you decide.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #630 (isolation #74) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by hurristat »

I probably ought to do a reread as well. But I'm gone all Saturday, so sunday probably.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #633 (isolation #75) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:35 pm

Post by hurristat »

Nocmen wrote:Question to Hurri: Why the lists all the time of people? You do that...a lot.
To be honest: I hadn't adjusted to the style of mafiascum yet, and all anyone had done was make lists, so I was trying to adapt to the style. Obviously that has changed a little bit.
Summary: He has a few town points, but those are outnumbered by his scum points. However, of these town points, they seem more geniune than anything else. What I dislike is the way his style has completely changed, and the lists he did during D1-2.
This is more due to laziness than anything, my life has gotten a lot more hectic and I can't really take the time to do the level of analysis that I had before.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #636 (isolation #76) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:21 am

Post by hurristat »

A quick read of nikitakit (whom Nocmen replaced):

Too much lurking going on, but from what analysis he did post, all I can tell is: only analyzed townspeople, not chkflip/Zachrules at all.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #638 (isolation #77) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by hurristat »

Oh, btw, NS, chkflip was scum. So me calling him town could potentially be viewed as buddying in your argument, if you so choose.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #644 (isolation #78) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:52 am

Post by hurristat »

I absolutely hate WIFOM. With a passion. Lemme do my reads.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #645 (isolation #79) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:33 am

Post by hurristat »

Nocmen wrote:Also, NS, I would like to see the case you have on me.
I would like to see it as well.

---------
(oh lord, WIR's new avatar is unsettling)
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #649 (isolation #80) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by hurristat »

Slowly doing my read-through. I'll be V-LA tomorrow and most of Tuesday.
chkflip wrote:I like both Deer and Haylen's defense/etc thus far, but it could change with the course of the game. What I'm not exactly following is the flak on Deer for being last to /confirm. Isn't he a replacement for tj? Meaning it had to sit in tj's box for a bit before deer got it, which would be the same for Haylen iirc.
In retrospect, we know that chkflip is mafia. He defends Deer (NS), and then RVS-votes him. This could be seen as distancing himself from the other mafia, or just him trying to blend in further. We'll see what happens further down the line in the thread before making my decision.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #650 (isolation #81) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:22 am

Post by hurristat »

Right now, Nocmen is looking more like scum than NS, due to Zachrulez's actions, but I'm finishing up Day 2. I'll be caught up soon.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #651 (isolation #82) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:55 am

Post by hurristat »

Nobody Special wrote:In his iso 3, he calls both nikitakit (now Nocmen) and himself inactive and obviously needing to post more.
Wait, wait, wait. How do you know that Nikitakit was town?
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #652 (isolation #83) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:59 am

Post by hurristat »

EBWOP: I meant to quote this: "In his iso 3, he calls both nikitakit (now Nocmen) and himself inactive and obviously needing to post more. I highly doubt that a mafioso would lump themselves in with a townie like this, so that's a Town Point for hurri."
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #654 (isolation #84) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:00 am

Post by hurristat »

Nobody Special wrote:I wrote that after zach was lynched; there was only one mafioso left; if you were mafia then Nocmen would be town. But I firmly believe it's the other way around.

Make sense?
Somewhat.... but the fact that there's no doubt in your statement makes me a bit curious. I'll probably take a few more hours to mull over the vote before voting.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #655 (isolation #85) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by hurristat »

Okay, here goes...

*crosses fingers*

Vote: Nobody Special
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #672 (isolation #86) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:24 am

Post by hurristat »

dang it. well, I tried

*cries*

I probably won't be playing any more games on mafiascum. this one was, eh.... a bit too much.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #674 (isolation #87) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:30 am

Post by hurristat »

Oh, and all those mistakes I made:

1) asking about L-2
2) I didn't know that congratulating the doc was considered as doc-hunting
3) getting confused about the setup

those were all legitimate mistakes. they didn't matter in the end, but still
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #675 (isolation #88) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:35 am

Post by hurristat »

Nocmen wrote:
hurristat wrote:dang it. well, I tried

*cries*

I probably won't be playing any more games on mafiascum. this one was, eh.... a bit too much.

You had a really really good game, especially near the end. You played a very good town game in the last few days.
I didn't actually cry, mind you :P

I've played enough games of mafia where losing doesn't really bother me. You were excellent as a mafia towards the end. Most of nikitakit's and Deer's actions were equally scummy, and early on I had a hard time deciding between you and NS. But the closer to endgame we got, the less scummy you seemed to me. Part of the reason I voted for NS.

I know I did improve over the course of the game, mostly due to the fact I still had to adjust to the playstyle of these fora. Although I don't know if I played that good of a town game, the mistakes I made at the beginning stayed to haunt me, and I always was accused of being too wishy-washy and not taking a stand on anything. Thanks anyways ^^
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #679 (isolation #89) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Post by hurristat »

So I take it most mafia games aren't three months long? >.>
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #682 (isolation #90) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:50 pm

Post by hurristat »

chkflip wrote:Any advice for chk? :o
Not really, other than the second quote in the sig.

Likewise, anyone have any advice for me?

Reconsidering, I'll probably do another newbie game and reassess whether or not I want to stick around or not.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #686 (isolation #91) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by hurristat »

chkflip wrote:ROFL well thanks hurri.
I meant the one about always replacing out, not the "SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH".

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”