Newbie 1055 (Game over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Doros »

Hey...how is everyone doing? Let me catch up to date before I get back to you all. :D
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Doros »

Busy...busy...busy. Sorry, I have kept some of you waiting. :neutral: Anyways, back to the important things.

Haylen wrote:
Can you all answer these please!

1. Is there any time coming up where we can expect you to not be very active?
I'm v/la at the Weekends but I will pop my head in.

2. Have you familiarized yourself with Mafia Discussion and the Wiki?
Duh. Wiki admin.

3. Have you read at least one completed game on site?
I like to think so.

4. What is your experience level? How many games have you played? Are there any complete newbies in the house? Does everyone know how the game in general works.
Played roughly 70 games, modded 12-ish now - the majority of which were newbie games. Currently playing IC'ing in two games, playing as a hydra and modding a newbie and large normal - soon running another newbie.

NOTE: I do not encourage random questioning about game theory because I've seen it be devastating for town before. (I should know, I was the scum asking the questions! >.<)
When you don't see me posting anything, it means I'm busy with something.

What Mafia discussion? By Wiki, do you mean the intro about the game at Wikipeddia? I looked at some of it quickly. Cute pictures of the roles, though. :wink:

I read the early part of some games.

4. What is your experience level? How many games have you played? Are there any complete newbies in the house? Does everyone know how the game in general works.
Yep, I must be the complete noob in the house. I'm guessing I know how the game works. :?

Anyways, I have a birthday party to go to. So I will catch you all later. :)
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Doros »

gapoc459 wrote:Doros was just here, and now has left, without posting. If that's not called lurking, I don't know what is.
Vote: Doros
Sorry gapoc459. I just caught your post. I was just typing my post and posting it. Anyways, I have to go. Talk to you later.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by Doros »

The birthday party was great! We had a vanilla cake with fruits and whip cream, pop, ballons, spaghetti & noodles, and so on. :mrgreen:

Okay, back to the game. Thanks for the unvote gapoc! I could tell that you are very enthusiatic about playing this game. :)

DavidParker wrote:

@Doros:
Doros wrote:Busy...busy...busy. Sorry, I have kept some of you waiting. :neutral: Anyways, back to the important things.

Haylen wrote:
[/quote
Ugh so, you finally make a post in this thread and all you answer is some random questions. Those questions are not even relevant to alignments in this specific game nor will they be particularly useful in finding scum.. What made you think they were important? I'd much rather you have responded and analysed/discussed everything else going on (namely the "gapoc" incident and possibly some comments on mrbump /myselfs alignments/intentions as there was a lot from both of us so far.

Haylen, be patient, this isn't your first newbie game, you really shouldnt get upset by what they say this early on. They don't know how games work. I remember coming from a site where game-days lasted 1 real life day, and expected mass activity. Similarly the maturity level in this specific game doesn't seem to be the highest but there's no reason to get "angry" ;/
DavidParker, I think the questions are important because Haylen, our IC, asked us to answer it. Here are the questions:
Haylen wrote:

Duh. Wiki admin.

I like to think so.

Played roughly 70 games, modded 12-ish now - the majority of which were newbie games. Currently playing IC'ing in two games, playing as a hydra and modding a newbie and large normal - soon running another newbie.

NOTE: I do not encourage random questioning about game theory because I've seen it be devastating for town before. (I should know, I was the scum asking the questions! >.<)
Haylen was asking when we will be busy, if we read up on the rules & stuff, seen a game played, and our experience level. So I don't think they are just randomn questions. I don't know much about the "gapoc incident" or the mrbump/yourself alignments/intentions. Can't you boys get along?
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:38 am

Post by Doros »

DavidParker wrote:Who do you think out of us "not getting along", comes off as most likely to be scum between the 3 of us and why?
I don't know. It is early in the game and there is not much to go on.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Doros »

Doros wrote:
DavidParker wrote:Who do you think out of us "not getting along", comes off as most likely to be scum between the 3 of us and why?
I don't know. It is early in the game and there is not much to go on.
And besides, I was just joking about the "not getting along" bit. :)
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Doros »

Take all the time you need Haylen. We will be here when you come back. :(
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:45 pm

Post by Doros »

DavidParker wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Doros

For his/her last 3 posts.

(P.s. are you a guy or girl?)
There is nothing wrong with my last 3 posts. Didn't you read what Haylen said? She said she had a "serious asthma attack." This is real life not a game! In my other two posts, I was expressing my honest opinion. Duh, why do you want to know if I'm a boy or girl since we are just playing a mafia game? Unless, you are starting to get a crush on me.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:35 am

Post by Doros »

Vittorio Salamdien wrote:
Doros wrote:Take all the time you need Haylen.
We will be here when you come back.
:(
You seem very certain about your own survival, Doros. I wonder now how inclusive that "we" is - does it include all players, or just an inner circle of scum?
Don't be silly Vittorio Salamdien! Of course, "we" means all the players. Of course, we all will be here to welcome Haylen back. Anyways, having said that welcome to the game! :)
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:43 am

Post by Doros »

MrBump wrote: Doros's play strikes me as laid-back, but you really need to get in the game. No one has a fucking crush on you, don't be ridiculous. It's so we know for calling you "He" or "She". >_>
Okay thanks for the advice MrBump.

DavidParker wrote:
Confirm Vote: Doros

For its last 4 posts.

(I'm just going to call you it from now on then)

P.s. this is sarcastic/asshole David.

Thanks for letting us know who you are DavidParker. So you are going to keep following me around now, huh? I was surprised you didn't noticed the post about Haylen being sick. We might need a new IC if she needs more time to recover.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Doros »

DavidParker wrote:Doros, the way this game works is we catch scum. This isn't E-Harmony; you aren't here to meet people, make friends, or possible partners. You seem to be only interested in pleasantries and chit-chat and it's annoying and down right scummy at times.
I'm sorry it bothers you DavidParker.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Doros »

DavidParker wrote:
Doros wrote:

re-re-re-reconfirm Vote: Doros

I told you he have a crush on me. jk :wink:
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by Doros »

Haylen wrote:baaaaaaack! Weee! Btw, no need to replace me, IC's and newbie mods don't get sick, we get temporarily incapacitated. Btw, I'm 20, since we're discussing ages but I neither look nor act it. MrBump, please don't call me Hayden, it's Haylen ._. Hayden's a boys name.

I need to re-read this thing.
Yeah Haylen is back!!! :D :D :D I'm glad you are better!!!
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:47 pm

Post by Doros »

P.S. I was right! We are all here to welcome Haylen back! :mrgreen:
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by Doros »

Stefunny wrote:
@Doros
I'd really appreciate it if you'd make some sort of a statement that actually helped with scum hunting rather than "chit-chat" as DP said. You come off as scum simply because it doesn't feel like you are very invested in this game. I'd suggest browsing through a couple games to understand how the basic mechanics look, because if you aren't giving input that benefits town then you come off as "anti-town" whether or not you are scum. And if you aren't scum I really don't want us to end up wasting a lynch on you.
Being a smart-ass doesn't help either.
Since you are one of the SE Stefunny, could you give me some suggestions on how to go scum hunting? Thanks.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:12 pm

Post by Doros »

gapoc459 wrote: Doros: for fluffing way too much.
Hey gapoc, maybe I should change my nickname to Fluffy. jk
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #331 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:16 pm

Post by Doros »

MrBump wrote:Yeah, my CFS IS that serious.
Wow, I didn't know you have CFS MrBump. Sorry, to hear about it. I think you are a decent guy though. :)
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #332 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:22 pm

Post by Doros »

Vinoth wrote:MrBump, if you are so sure that Gapoc is Mafia, can you explain why you are averse to lynching the two of you?

If you are indeed a townsperson, lynching 2 people, including 1 Mafia, leaves the game with 1 Mafia and 4 Townspeople, which is a good chance of win for the Townspeople. And the only way to make sure is to lynch the both of you. To me it is equally likely that Gapoc may just be an immature, rude but innocent townsperson, while MrBump is the real culprit ... so if we lynch one of you I suggest the other as well.

Unless has any better ideas...? I'm perfectly fine with lynching someone else other than MrBump/Gapoc, as long as we have good evidence in their favour...
Vinoth, I think when most people are given a choice between staying or leaving, they would choose to stay because it is much more fun that way! :P
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:25 pm

Post by Doros »

Doros wrote:
Vinoth wrote:MrBump, if you are so sure that Gapoc is Mafia, can you explain why you are averse to lynching the two of you?

If you are indeed a townsperson, lynching 2 people, including 1 Mafia, leaves the game with 1 Mafia and 4 Townspeople, which is a good chance of win for the Townspeople. And the only way to make sure is to lynch the both of you. To me it is equally likely that Gapoc may just be an immature, rude but innocent townsperson, while MrBump is the real culprit ... so if we lynch one of you I suggest the other as well.

Unless has any better ideas...? I'm perfectly fine with lynching someone else other than MrBump/Gapoc, as long as we have good evidence in their favour...
Vinoth, I think when most people are given a choice between staying or leaving, they would choose to stay because it is much more fun that way! :P
However, sacrificing 2 people to get scum might be necessary at times.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:28 pm

Post by Doros »

MrBump wrote:Curses, thought Gapoc would try that. He's left us in a clever way, though. By saying the thing about himself and Sxy at the end he's giving us an obvious hint. TOO obvious. But he might expect us to think that, right? Also, he seems to be bussing Vinoth, but oh well.

Thanks Doros xD

A lot happened while I was out, eh?

DAT STORY TIEM
Yeah, I guess so. I'm catching up to stuff too.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #336 (isolation #20) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Post by Doros »

Haylen wrote:
Doros wrote:Since you are one of the SE Stefunny, could you give me some suggestions on how to go scum hunting? Thanks.
Ask questions and look for motivations in things. Scumhunting is a really difficult thing to teach. Things to look for are appeals to emotion, backtracking, hypocrisy and fencesitting. Those are the basic ones. There's also meta, everybody has some small thing that they can't change about themselves as either scum or town, that requires knowing the other player quite well though. Active lurking is antitown and lying is scummy. But you really really need to start asking questions and questioning people.
Thanks Haylen. Yeah, it sure sound difficult to do. As it seems so subjective with stuff like appeals to emotion, backtracking, hypocrisy, fencesitting, and meta. So what you are saying is to look for something strange and weird about the other player?
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #337 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:51 pm

Post by Doros »

gapoc459 wrote:Great job, MrBump!!!!! Vinoth, you're an asshole. He spends half his frickin life writing this thing, and you just ask him why he is averse to you voting for him for no reason?!?!? Please at least give me the satisfaction of knowing that my posts at least have more quality than Vinoth's do...

Gee, that's hypocritical of me lol... I realized that someone is going to vote for me eventually, and there's no point in waiting till I say something that will give away my partner, so I might as well
Vote: gapoc459
(this is so awesome!!! This is the first time in my life I've ever been hanged!!!!!!!!! Also, I'm still gonna listen and wish my scum partner the best of luck and to apologize for leaving you so early. meh.) and end day 1 in a whopping 6 days!!! I had this whole draft about this, that I saved, but then realized it was shit (just like everything else I wrote on this forum lol :D. Also, check out my new sig lol). If you want it though, then here it is...
Draft wrote:Please do not post until you have read to the end...

@MrBump: lol you said that you have a sinking feeling that your post won't be very long lololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (yes I do too much punctuation...)

Anyway, your post just moved you up from our group of post quality (Vinoth, Doros, SxyBeast, gapoc459) to the others... Congratulations. Pretty much everything makes sense. However, we have to equal that with a demotion. Actually, two demotions. One is for Vinoth; please at least give me the satisfaction of knowing that my posts at least have more quality than Vinoth's do. Please... The second is for me, for such a fail. I will call it newbie shit, because it was newbie shit. But that doesn't mean it wasn't newbie scum... The time has come for me to roleclaim.

Roleclaim: Mafia Scum.

I apologize to my partner and would like to apologize to him for doing this. However, I was overwhelmed. I don't see a way out of this... I can't ask for a replacement, cause then it's 100% obvious (like it isn't already. *cough*) that I'm (rather, the poor guy in my position) is scum... meh.

I know I said before that I won't do the self-voting shit again, cuz it's scummy as shit, but this time it's different. Of course it was a ploy, and a succesful one, for the short term, at least... fail. I'm also doing this because there's a major math contest coming up next week that I need to prepare for. I've already explained that I can't find a replacement, so don't say that it's an asshole thing to do that to my fellow scummy; sign up for a game, then quit cuz I have a lack of time. Either way, DP, please don't say that we 12 year olds (err, I lied, I'm 13. Not that it really makes a difference lol!) have all the time in the world. I definitely have less time than you, with the 14 hour day, but saying that I have all the time in the world is BULL SHIT!!! :evil: :twisted: . That emoticon is actually aproppriate lol... Also, MrBump, you were right about most of the stuff, but you actually WERE wrong about the whole thing about grammatical mistakes. I actually was not talking about you. Give me any possible reason why I'd be lying now lol... Unless of course the whole gapoc/SxyBeast thing...

Vote: gapoc459. Day 1 is over...

If I were a townie, I would vote Vinoth next. He really has no use in the game, and mafia isn't going to waste a kill on him... So I guess that just means I just told everyone he is not mafia, which means that it's just a ploy to draw attention away (somehow), and that he is mafia, etc...

Sorry, MrBump. Most of my shit was just that: shit. However, I would agree with Vinoth about one thing... I am an asshole. My CFS stuff was completely uncallled for and ridiculous.

Vittorio, it's Slovakian, not Serbian... Come on peoples... Except Native Americans, of whom there are few, EVERYONE in America is from somewhere else, usually Europe. We visit
And this sentence is here just so my last word in this post wouldn't be "visit." Dammit! It still is... It's actually gonna be "bleh!!!"

So gapoc just voted for himself and confessed to being mafia, huh?
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (isolation #22) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:20 pm

Post by Doros »

Vinoth, you was the last one to the party and the first to leave. Sorry to see you go, but hopefully you had some fun.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (isolation #23) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Post by Doros »

DavidParker wrote:
Before I go any further,

Oh DavidParker...you miss me. :D
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (isolation #24) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:30 pm

Post by Doros »

Stefunny wrote:Okay, after reading everything that has gone down I'm going to say that I am feeling pretty solid about David Parker being the second scum. I started to get this feeling toward the end of D1 but the Gapoc incident happened before I got a chance to explain why.
I always like to reread early stuff after scum has been lynched. I am surprised by Gapocs seeming ineptness at the game but not by Vinoths death. Gapoc pretty much revealed Vinoth was town so if they had killed somebody else it would have narrowed down who could have been scum by two people at the beginning of today. I understand the whole "VINOTH IS TOWN" thing could have been a trick, but it really seemed more like a slip of an inexperienced scum, therefore the most convenient kill was Vinoth. Also good scum tends to keep around people who they think they can get lynched or who cause controversy. Vinoth really doesn't fit either of those categories.

After we find out gapoc is scum the best thing to do in my opinion is look at his interactions with other players. Yes, David kept voting and unvoting him but I really feel like this was all done on purpose. The first unvote was done once people actually started to follow the vote and then you laid into Doros pretty hard (Confirming like 3 times?) But when it looked like a lynch was coming he jumped back on the bandwagon so maybe he would look like he wasn't sacrificing a scum mate.

David asked a few times for people not to follow his votes, which I kind of find as odd. It honestly felt like "I'm voting for gapoc, but please find some originality and vote for somebody else" because he didn't really WANT gapoc to be lynched. Then there was the coaching.
DavidParker wrote:I'm actually taking into account his maturity and age when analyzing him, which is probably working in his favor, but definitely still worthy of vote, I wouldn't say he's "too scummy to be allowed to live" yet.
Gapoc is blindly following other players largely and that's not too uncommon or unexpected given the circumstances of this being a nebwie game and his inexperience.

I just greatly dislike the WIFOM he used which did come of us as scummy whereas the ATE was more townish given him being a newbie.
Were you a little frustrated that he was following you and not distancing himself like you felt he should have been?
DavidParker wrote:That is not the correct way to respond to being put at L-2. (You are now L-1)

Please try again.

I suggest you browse over some other newbie games to see where you are going wrong.
DavidParker wrote: i don't consider gapoc's self vote as scummy as others do, in fact i don't find it very scummy from a newbie, more of a null-tell at this point.
Here is what you want to avoid for future games:
gapoc wrote:I voted for you because you were SE, and because you were inactive
Two bad reasons for a vote early on. As a RVS that's somewhat okay, and i wasn't too opposed to this vote. Just don't try justify it as a "serious" vote. The reasoning behind it is too poor.
gapoc wrote:and am happy (well not really, since now I'll be innocently lynched
Appeal to emotion. (ATE). It's bad. And considered a slight scum tell. But it's really common from newbies who get pressured and don't understand why (especially as town).

gapoc wrote:I might as well resign, because I want to see how the mafia reacts to this (who they kill, why, etc.) and hopefully can do better in another game.
No, you might as well not. If you are town, you should be playing to your win condition. (same as scum too). That involves not giving up. Fight back, argue as to why you are town. DO BETTER IN THIS GAME. NOT YOUR NEXT GAME.

Your second paragraph on Haylen is good. Keep more coming. That's all you need to do, is post your opinions, even if you don't think they are likely to be right, post YOUR OPINIONS, not OTHER PEOPLES.
gapoc wrote:No idiot would be stupid enough to draw as much attention to himself as I am doing now...
This is WIFOM. (Search for it on wiki if you don't know what that means). Avoid WIFOM in general.

Your last paragraph is bad. IT's a bunch of ATE and WIFOM. No one hates you obviously..

So..

As for newbie scum tells in your last few posts when you've given up: (more directed at other people than gapoc)
gapoc wrote:I may be new, but I hope you don't actually think I'd be stupid enough to put myself at L-1 if I were mafia. Losing a mafia goon on D-1 is pretty much an automatic loss for them. Besides, I wouldn't be nearly as active if I were mafia. No idiot would be stupid enough to draw as much attention to himself as I am doing now...
This ATE seems to be trying to get people to unvote.. Suggests he may not have given up quite yet and it is a "ploy". Him drawing attention to himself wasn't even intentional. It was just his poor and inexperienced way of dealing with pressure.
gapoc wrote:I'm not ready to roleclaim, because (of course!), no one would believe me, but, eh, you win some, you lose some!
LOLWOT? Didn't you already soft-claim in your previous post? Hmm. Tempted to leave my vote here...
As an SE I am fully on board with helping others but I feel like you excessively tried to assist gapoc in his play, and I feel the reasoning behind it was you were worried about your inexperienced scum mate making a silly mistake.

Also you keep emphasizing not to listen to gapocs slips after his identity was revealed but I think it is because you don't want it to be narrowed down to being JUST the guys. I don't think gapoc would have purposefully put a he/him in his post to throw everyone off. That would have been a lot of thought to try and mislead everyone. I don't think gapoc put that much thought into his posts once he revealed he was scum. It really seems like you are just trying to get the attention off of you and the other guys. So in my eyes that slip DOES narrow it down. And honestly if it IS a girl your argument against me doesn't have any sort of reasoning behind it versus why other girls would be a possibility. Your reasoning for it not being Sxy is
DavidParker wrote:First to correct a few things:
Sxy wasn't on the wagon the first time Gapoc got to L-1, the wagon consisted of you/me/Stef/Gapoc. I unvoted followed by gapoc then Stef then you.
Sxy hadn't even POSTED in the thread by the time we'd voted and unvoted. So how does that rule her out exactly?

Also, out of curiosity, how are you so sure VS is town?

I just don't like the conversations that happened between David and gapoc. No, there isn't day talk, but I feel there was a lot of coaching going on and the post about it not being correct to vote for yourself at L-2 really strikes me as "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

Vote:
DavidParker

And before you call it OMGUS, it's not, I started to get a funny feeling about you before N1 began and you seemed to have confirmed it as of late.
Stefunny made some good points. DavidParker is coming strong after me the same way gapoc did in the last round. I vote for
DavidParker
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (isolation #25) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:02 am

Post by Doros »

Also, I remembered something strange from the early part of the game. DavidParker manipulated what info you could see (see below). He only quoted the top part of Haylen's post and doesn't want you to see the rest of the questions in order to make you all think what he is saying is true and to make me look bad. As stipulated on the first page with the roles, it is in their job description to try and get a townie lynch.

Doros wrote:The birthday party was great! We had a vanilla cake with fruits and whip cream, pop, ballons, spaghetti & noodles, and so on. :mrgreen:

Okay, back to the game. Thanks for the unvote gapoc! I could tell that you are very enthusiatic about playing this game. :)

DavidParker wrote:

@Doros:
Doros wrote:Busy...busy...busy. Sorry, I have kept some of you waiting. :neutral: Anyways, back to the important things.

Haylen wrote:
[/quote
Ugh so, you finally make a post in this thread and all you answer is some random questions. Those questions are not even relevant to alignments in this specific game nor will they be particularly useful in finding scum.. What made you think they were important? I'd much rather you have responded and analysed/discussed everything else going on (namely the "gapoc" incident and possibly some comments on mrbump /myselfs alignments/intentions as there was a lot from both of us so far.

Haylen, be patient, this isn't your first newbie game, you really shouldnt get upset by what they say this early on. They don't know how games work. I remember coming from a site where game-days lasted 1 real life day, and expected mass activity. Similarly the maturity level in this specific game doesn't seem to be the highest but there's no reason to get "angry" ;/
DavidParker, I think the questions are important because Haylen, our IC, asked us to answer it. Here are the questions:
Haylen wrote:

Duh. Wiki admin.

I like to think so.

Haylen was asking when we will be busy, if we read up on the rules & stuff, seen a game played, and our experience level. So I don't think they are just randomn questions. I don't know much about the "gapoc incident" or the mrbump/yourself alignments/intentions. Can't you boys get along?
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (isolation #26) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:26 pm

Post by Doros »

DavidParker wrote:

Oh right, I didn't say anything more on Doros:

Doros, on her own merits (ie: not in the context of gapoc's scum buddy):
HUGE case here. Absolutely nothing in her posts. States she doesn't know how to scum hunt. Asks how to scum hunt. The wiki's been posted, numerous games are there for browsing, I mean you just seem to fence-sit and ask people what to do all game. Even when its explained she just keeps questioning what she should be doing. It just doesn't seem like town. Even super-newbie-town don't play like this. Seems more like newbie-scum just deciding to play the "HUGE NEWBIE" card and hope it helps them.

Doros, as gapoc's scum partner:
There is ZERO comments from Doros on gapoc once the game actually starts. Their start-game interactions don't really seem strongly like scum-buddy interactions... Ie: Scum pointing out their buddy is online but not posting, but still plausible. Gapoc did unvote right away. However, once gapoc gets under real pressure, doros just starts posting questions about how she should be scum hunting (HINT: TALKING ABOUT GAPOC AND YOUR OPINION ON HIM WOULD BE A GOOD START). Doros also no comment when I ask her who of the 3 of us (me/bump/gapoc) is most scummy in our interactions. "oh its too early"

I have yet to see a single read from Doros.

Also, for the sake of curiosity and now that it's actually game-relevant, what is your gender Doros? Funnily enough the gender issue had been brought up pre-Gapoc's gender-slip, so I'm becoming less convinced it was a slip.

DavidParker, are we having fun? Your HUGE case is just a lot of fluff. :lol: Duh, I am a newbie and everyone is unique. This is my first game and this is only Day 2 in a Newbie game. Sure I could do better, but I am learning new stuff all the time. I even posted the manipulation thing you did. I will get better over time. Isn't asking questions what newbies are supposed to do? My opinion is I think it is a good idea for us to do is go back and reread what gapoc has said before because he is the only one who actually knows who the other mafia is. The gender issue has already been discussed and is in some previous post. Thank you. :mrgreen:
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #403 (isolation #27) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:44 pm

Post by Doros »

MrBump wrote:He didn't manipulate anything... That's the worst defence I've ever seen, Doros...
Also, don't quote a MASSIVE quote and reply with one line :P

Stefunny raises some great points, but I'd rather go with Doros today. I was suspicious of David's random change in play from nice and friendly to randomly pushing a lynch on me, and his play towards the end of D1.

Wait, hoooold the show.

He re-re-re-re-confirmed his Doros vote, right? He was like 100% certain. He swaps for basically no reason, then at the start of the today votes me. THEN he suddenly remembers "Shit, I'm suspicious of Doros" and makes a case on Doros. HMM.

TODAY WE LYNCH ONE OF THEM
THEN WE LYNCH THE OTHER
THEN WE WIN
Sure he did MrBump. DavidParker cut off the bottom part of Haylen's quote. It was a deliberate act. Everyone could see that unless you want to railroad me. Also, MrBump just contradicted himself. He is suggesting the town lynch both DavidParker and myself. However, in an earlier post (see below) he said it should not be the first course of action. Why is that MrBump? You are saying it is okay to do it to the other town members, but not for yourself, rather hypocritical huh?

MrBump wrote:Yup, he couldn't grasp the true form of my wall.

Sacrificing two people MIGHT be necessary at a INCREDIBLY RARE time. It is not and never will be our first course of action.

Also Haylen, that really sucks about the college thing D=

STILL WAITING ON
DAT STORY TIEM
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (isolation #28) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:52 pm

Post by Doros »

DavidParker wrote: @Mrbump/Doros: Of course I didn't manipulate anything, I just didnt quote an entire post because a lot of the post was irrelevant to my point and would just waste space. I didn't manipulate your post to twist your words at all though.

@Mrbump: once again, my reconfirming my vote, was my way of coaching/pointing out that despite my voting Doros and telling her to scum hunt and actually play the game she stopped doing it. That doesn't make me 100% sure she was scum. It just means her response to my vote sucked and I wanted to let her know that.

I switched my vote and case from you to Doros? So what. I'm town, I don't know for sure who the last scum is. I'd say it's one of you two, but I'm not even sure of that. of course I'm going to change my mind at times. Right now I'm pretty sure it's Doros, but I'm still keeping an eye on Haylen as well.
Like I said to MrBump, sure you did DavidParker. Everyone could see that you cut off the bottom part of Haylen's post. You do not want the other people to see the questions which would raise questions if your point is valid. You was trying to make a fellow town member look bad. Who would do something like that? :P My scumhunting skills will improve over time so you just need to be patient. What else can I say?!
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (isolation #29) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:56 pm

Post by Doros »

Vittorio Salamdien wrote:Thanks David. I'm getting used to the forum tools. The spoiler tag is cool.

Re Doros: when I first got here and was catching up on posts, I developed the dreadful habit of skimming Doros's posts. They were, in the parlance of our town, fluffy (sorry Doros) - they were often without substance. So, I have tended to skim all her posts. I will look at them again. Fluffing, of course, can be very scummy. And Doros's infrequent posts of late could be the fear of being discovered. Mmm, now that I think of it... DavidParker, you have a way of convincing people. It's exactly because I am so easily swayed by your arguments, that I am so skeptical of you. I hope, for the sake of my faith in humanity, that you're not scum.

Of course I made that dig at Doros, about the plural first person 'we' and certainty about survival. It could be a scum slip; it may not be. I was still finding my way and just giving anyone who I thought 'felt' a bit furry a little poke in the ribs. But I will look at Doros again.

Right now, the moment of scrutiny belongs to Sxybeast. There was some weird interaction between her and Gapoc a while back, so I'm just going over that again.

Good hunting!
No offence taken Vittorio Salamdien. I was right that we were all here when Haylen came back, yeah! You may look at me all you like. :wink:
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (isolation #30) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:11 am

Post by Doros »

MrBump wrote:No, sacrificing two people. Vinoth just suggested killing us both because we were simply arguing. I'm suggesting killing you both because you're scummy.
And that quote didn't MEAN anything, he cut off the bottom as it was visible for all to see anyway. IIRC the whole quote was IN the post too.

Pre-Edit: We've all seen those questions though :P
How does Vinoth get involve with this? We were talking about sacrificing two players to catch one of them as mafia. Sure the quote mean something. DavidParker asked why I was answering a bunch of irrelevant questions making me look bad. The reason why the whole quote was there was because I included it. If Haylen's questions were irrelevant MrBump, then why did a number of us answered it? Also, the whole quote was IN the post because I included it my post to show what wasn't included. You got to do better than that MrBump. Your suspicion level just went up. :)
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (isolation #31) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:30 pm

Post by Doros »

MrBump wrote:The only way that could be suspicious was if I was defending a scumbuddy, oh look, there's only one scum left.

Vinoth suggested sacrificing, you see.
Your quote about the questions was RIGHT ABOVE that, though, so it was pointless to quote it all.

I did say "IIRC".

Saying we're going to choose between two people merely because they are arguing is poor play. I want to lynch both of you because you are scummy. I'd rather go for you first, Doros, though =D
I wasn't familar with the term "IIRC." Anyways, yes, it started with Vinoth suggesting sacrificing, but it ended up with you making your proclamation:
MrBump wrote:
Sacrificing two people MIGHT be necessary at a INCREDIBLY RARE time. It is not and never will be our first course of action.
and then to....
MrBump wrote: TODAY WE LYNCH ONE OF THEM
THEN WE LYNCH THE OTHER
THEN WE WIN
...in a very short period of time. How did it went from being "MIGHT be necessary at a INCREDIBLY RARE time" to now lynching one now and the other one later. It is very contradictory MrBump. :lol:
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #421 (isolation #32) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:35 pm

Post by Doros »

DavidParker wrote: I have to say I am becoming more and more confident in Doros scum.
So DavidParker, are you confident enough to follow MrBump suggestion and sacrifice yourself if I am proven to be town? :P
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (isolation #33) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:42 pm

Post by Doros »

Stefunny wrote:
Doros wrote:Like I said to MrBump, sure you did DavidParker. Everyone could see that you cut off the bottom part of Haylen's post. You do not want the other people to see the questions which would raise questions if your point is valid. You was trying to make a fellow town member look bad. Who would do something like that? :P My scumhunting skills will improve over time so you just need to be patient. What else can I say?!
I agree with DavidParker on this point. Here on MS many people don't LOVE wall posts, and he wasn't really erasing any details that were important, just replying to your post. I like to quote only snips that I'm referring to, and I don't think it's necessarily trying to hide anything. A lot of times you just have to take everything in context.
I see your point Haylen. However, I respectfully disagree that the erased details weren't important. Thanks for answering our questions and clearing things up though! :)
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (isolation #34) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:44 pm

Post by Doros »

Vittorio Salamdien wrote:I hear you Parker. For now, the weekend has arrived here, so I'm signing off. I might pop in over the weekend, but probably back only Monday.
Have a good weekend Vittorio! So I guess the weekends are slower around here, huh? :?:
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #452 (isolation #35) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:59 pm

Post by Doros »

MrBump wrote:
Doros wrote:
MrBump wrote:The only way that could be suspicious was if I was defending a scumbuddy, oh look, there's only one scum left.

Vinoth suggested sacrificing, you see.
Your quote about the questions was RIGHT ABOVE that, though, so it was pointless to quote it all.

I did say "IIRC".

Saying we're going to choose between two people merely because they are arguing is poor play. I want to lynch both of you because you are scummy. I'd rather go for you first, Doros, though =D
I wasn't familar with the term "IIRC." Anyways, yes, it started with Vinoth suggesting sacrificing, but it ended up with you making your proclamation:
MrBump wrote:
and then to....
MrBump wrote: TODAY WE LYNCH ONE OF THEM
THEN WE LYNCH THE OTHER
THEN WE WIN
...in a very short period of time. How did it went from being "MIGHT be necessary at a INCREDIBLY RARE time" to now lynching one now and the other one later. It is very contradictory MrBump. :lol:
No.
You are missing the point.

I am not suggesting we sacrifice you because you're arguing. I'm saying lynch one of you because you're scummy. Vinoth was suggesting lynching us to find out if the other was Confirmed Mafia. Now, this would work if say, Gapoc and I had claimed Cop, as one of us was obviously Mafia then. But that did not happen.
I believe both of you to be scum, moreso you, Doros. I'm saying we should lynch one of you today then the other tomorrow as one of you is almost certainly the last scum.

Also ITT Doros once again completely ignores the gender issue.
MrBump, I think you are missing my point. My point is the contradiction in your philosophy. In both instances, it is assumed there will be one guilty player and one innocent so there is a risk that you will be "sacrificing" an innocent player. Also, in both instances how scummy a person looks will depend on the person looking on.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #453 (isolation #36) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Post by Doros »

DavidParker wrote:
Doros wrote:
DavidParker wrote: I have to say I am becoming more and more confident in Doros scum.
So DavidParker, are you confident enough to follow MrBump suggestion and sacrifice yourself if I am proven to be town? :P
At this point, yes.
Why am I not surprised? You do have a thing for me. :wink:
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #454 (isolation #37) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:16 pm

Post by Doros »

Haylen wrote:
DP wrote:Using spoiler tags isn't "hiding text" as there's a very obvious drop down menu to show it. Just makes the post look cleaner. "Hiding text" would be using color to make it blend into the background.
As a mod, I can tell you spoiler tags tend to be frowned upon in games. I don't mind when I'm modding as long as there isn't a vote or unvote or mod note in there.

I can't get behind the whole sacrificing one player for another unless it involves a counterclaim (that isn't VT). Just in case it's relevant, the whole point of my post tat asked questions in the beginning of the game was the gouge how much each player knew and what I should be teaching, it was nothing more or nothing less. So unless someone was chopped off to delibrately misrep Doros, I don't see anything scummy about it.

I will be doing a nice re-read of DavidParker tomorrow and I think this is the game where I have a few outstanding questions to answer aswell, so I'll get on that too.
Haylen like you said knowing how much each player knew and what you should be teaching is important and is relevant. When I answered the questions (as well as a bunch of other players) he didn't think so. If someone had missed or forgotten what the questions were, they wouldn't know the relevance of the questions and might have been influence more by DavidParker's argument.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (isolation #38) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:28 pm

Post by Doros »

MrBump wrote:And Vittorio, and yourself :P

Doros has avoided the gender question again and again and again, even recently. It's like it just skips the posts entirely.
The reason why I didn't answer the gender question is because I answered it twice already. So you guys/gals either missed it or forgotten it. Like Stefunny said it is a pain in the butt seeing it over and over again. We are playing mafia and gender should not be an issue. In fact, no one except myself, knows my gender. It was interesting watching some of you going crazy over it though. But really, it is a nonissue. :)
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (isolation #39) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:09 am

Post by Doros »

Zachrulez wrote:
I counted Stefunny and Doros' votes despite not technically being laid out correctly as intent was clear.

[/color]
Okay thanks for letting us know Zachrulez. :D
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #473 (isolation #40) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:11 am

Post by Doros »

Zachrulez wrote:
Doros wrote:
Stefunny made some good points. DavidParker is coming strong after me the same way gapoc did in the last round. I vote for
DavidParker
See ruleset on how to vote.
Okay, thanks again Zachrulez. :D
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #474 (isolation #41) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:19 am

Post by Doros »

Stefunny wrote:
Vittorio Salamdien wrote:I was hoping you wouldn't answer as an SE player.

I'm also not implying anything. Just asking questions.
Asking questions is a good thing actually. The easiest way in my opinion to get scum is to get under peoples skin and watch their reactions. That's exactly what a well thought out question does.
So Stefunny, how come when I asked you the question below you didn't even bother to answer it? Only Haylen came by later to answer it for me. Aren't we the little hypocrite?
Doros wrote:
Stefunny wrote:
@Doros
I'd really appreciate it if you'd make some sort of a statement that actually helped with scum hunting rather than "chit-chat" as DP said. You come off as scum simply because it doesn't feel like you are very invested in this game. I'd suggest browsing through a couple games to understand how the basic mechanics look, because if you aren't giving input that benefits town then you come off as "anti-town" whether or not you are scum. And if you aren't scum I really don't want us to end up wasting a lynch on you.
Being a smart-ass doesn't help either.
Since you are one of the SE Stefunny, could you give me some suggestions on how to go scum hunting? Thanks.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #475 (isolation #42) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:53 am

Post by Doros »

Stefunny wrote: More Importantly:
Doros wrote:The reason why I didn't answer the gender question is because I answered it twice already. So you guys/gals either missed it or forgotten it. Like Stefunny said it is a pain in the butt seeing it over and over again. We are playing mafia and gender should not be an issue. In fact, no one except myself, knows my gender. It was interesting watching some of you going crazy over it though. But really, it is a nonissue. :)
Yes, realistically it is a non-issue. But instead of coming out and saying something along the lines of "I'd rather not say" you just avoided the questioning all together, which is scummy. Also, I said your avoiding the questions was a pain in the butt, not people asking over and over again. And I reread your posts, you have said twice that you answered the question already, but you didn't. Are you assuming we won't double check what you are saying? I don't really care if you are a guy or a girl, but repeatedly not even acknowledging questions directed at you is scummy as hell and driving everyone mad.
I think DP smells like scum as well, but I can't take the fluffy/ignorant answers given by Doros anymore.

If Doros isn't scum then I will be going after you, DP. As you said before.

(Sorry about earlier format error)
Saying something along the lines of "I'd rather not say" and avoiding the question is similar. They will just say you are avoiding the question. When you mentiioned the pain in the butt I thought you was refering to me having to hear the same gender questions over and over again. I think you have to reread the posts again because I went back and found the two posts. So obviously you either missed them or you are lying. Yeah, look at who is talking about not acknowledging questions directed them. Like I said before, you didn't even bother to acknowledge the question I asked you earlier about scumhunting. Your comment about not being able to take it anymore is an attempt at appealing to emotions. :wink:

It looks like a war is brewing between DP and Stefunny. Unfortunately, I'm the one caught in the middle and could be killed soon. If I go and found to be town, there will be a lot of pressure on you DP because of the "sacrificing" thing. So DP you either have to change your positions on things or I hate to say it, work together to get rid of some scummy characters or go and have us both killed soon because Stefunny likes to see me killed next just to see your reaction.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #486 (isolation #43) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:23 am

Post by Doros »

DavidParker wrote:You seem to be implying that you believe me to be town at this point Doros and you are trying to convince me to stop voting you and vote for Stefunny. This does not add up with your previous posts and the fact you are voting me.
Doros wrote:It looks like a war is brewing between DP and Stefunny. Unfortunately, I'm the one caught in the middle and could be killed soon. If I go and found to be town, there will be a lot of pressure on you DP because of the "sacrificing" thing. So DP you either have to change your positions on things or I hate to say it, work together to get rid of some scummy characters or go and have us both killed soon because Stefunny likes to see me killed next just to see your reaction.
This is coaching to some extent. There's no reason to coach someone you are pretty sure is scum. The second part of this post implies you think I am town and want me to rethink my stance and go after scummy characters (ie: stef). But, you are voting me. So why are you voting me if you think me to be town?
Not really DavidParker, I have never said I believe you to be town at this point. There are several players that could be mafia, but it doesn't mean they are mafia. The reason I'm voting for you is because you are voting for me. Although, people are being reevaluated all the time and things could change. :wink:

However, we could still work together. I'm asking you to rethink your stance because I think we (and town) are in a vulnerable position. It would be very easy to have me killed next and you afterwards because of the sacrificing thing and with the mafia's two night kills we could be easily down to 3 players. Why make it easy for mafia? Changing your stance will help both our survival (unless we get night kill) and make it less predictable and harder for mafia to win. Just my opinion though.

Anyway, if it helps, I'm unvoting my vote for you.

Unvote: DavidParker
(I hope I'm doing this right)
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #487 (isolation #44) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:30 am

Post by Doros »

MrBump wrote:Stefunny just won the thread.
Well not really but it was a good post :P

Why isn't Doros dead yet?
Stefunny haven't won yet MrBump because I haven't finished speaking. :)
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #488 (isolation #45) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:52 am

Post by Doros »

Stefunny wrote:
Doros wrote: Saying something along the lines of "I'd rather not say" and avoiding the question is similar. They will just say you are avoiding the question. When you mentiioned the pain in the butt I thought you was refering to me having to hear the same gender questions over and over again. I think you have to reread the posts again because I went back and found the two posts. So obviously you either missed them or you are lying.
I respectfully disagree, if you had said you'd rather not share your gender before the gapoc slip I don't think anybody would have said it was avoiding the question. But now with the possible scum slip it DOES look like you are avoiding the question. And could you kindly quote the two posts where you already cleared it up? Because apparently I'm not the only one who can't find them.
Gotcha Stefunny!!! I did say in my own way I rather not share my gender before the gapoc slip. The gapoc slip occured in post 319. My first post is post 181 which is 138 posts ahead of gapoc's post!!! The second post is numbered 402 and refers to the earlier post. If anyone is looking for a he/she, you won't find it because I want to be gender neutral. Even though you may not like my reply, the gender question have been answered twice like I said. :wink: Stefunny made a false accusation against me and has been proven to be wrong and I'm right!!! My vote goes to:

Vote: Stefunny
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #489 (isolation #46) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:02 am

Post by Doros »

Stefunny wrote:
Doros wrote: It looks like a war is brewing between DP and Stefunny. Unfortunately, I'm the one caught in the middle and could be killed soon. If I go and found to be town, there will be a lot of pressure on you DP because of the "sacrificing" thing. So DP you either have to change your positions on things or I hate to say it, work together to get rid of some scummy characters or go and have us both killed soon because Stefunny likes to see me killed next just to see your reaction.
While I do find DP to be scummy you have validated my vote against you to the point where it no longer has anything to do with DPs statement. I don't really see a war between me and DP because I'm getting the feeling that he agrees that the gapoc slip was real, so therefore I think he knows that I can't possibly be scum. DP I release you from your earlier statement, honestly lately I think I may have changed my opinion of you based on your last few posts.
Wow, it looks like you are retreating from your earlier statement. I wonder why? :P
Stefunny wrote: If Doros isn't scum then I will be going after you, DP. As you said before.

(Sorry about earlier format error)
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #492 (isolation #47) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:23 am

Post by Doros »

MrBump wrote:
LEAVE
THE FUCKING
SACRIFICE THING
OH MY GOD
THAT IS MY OPINION

AND SAYING TO GO BACK AND LOOK FOR YOUR GENDER
WHICH YOU DIDN'T ANSWER
DOES NOT
FUCKING
COUNT
SXY DID EXACTLY THE SAME THING YET ONLY STEFUNNY IS SCUMMY- OH LOOK STEFUNNY IS VOTING YOU

MEGA ULTRA CHICKEN VOTE: DOROOOOOOOS
MrBump, I disagree with you. The looking back for the gender does count even if you don't like it.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #493 (isolation #48) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:25 am

Post by Doros »

MrBump wrote:Sorry, I think that's against the rules to post like that. But seriously, pay attention to the stuff in the post.
We are NOT quicklynching David tomorrow.

ALSO, you admitted to OMGUS (Oh My God U Suck). That's scummy as hell.
I never heard of OMGUS before and you sure are acting strange and scummy as hell too. Stefunny has made a false accusation. Deal with it.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #508 (isolation #49) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:04 am

Post by Doros »

MrBump wrote:Voting someone purely because they are voting you is super scummy. Your arguments are pretty awful.

Also, Sxy said exactly the same thing, but you didn't catch her out for not seeing it. Sure it was a way to test, but test what? It was a trick. It wasn't like that caught scum or anything, and you still completely ignored Sxy when she said she couldn't find it.

This is like arguing with a brick wall, I'm sorry, but my points just never ever get through to you. You also keep calling me scummy when I call you out on something >_>
Am I hearing this right? Voting for another person because they voted for you sound pretty normal to me. :) I thought I answered Sxy question when I made the two post. When you are playing as gender neutral there will never be a guy or gal answer. Instead, you will get an answer like post 181 where I mentioned in my own way I do not prefer to answer the question. You may not like the answer, but the question is answered.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #509 (isolation #50) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:16 am

Post by Doros »

Stefunny wrote:Doros, I asked you to quote the two posts where you answered the question, you gave us post numbers but did not post them, so I'll go ahead and do that for you.
Doros wrote:
DavidParker wrote:

For his/her last 3 posts.

(P.s. are you a guy or girl?)
There is nothing wrong with my last 3 posts. Didn't you read what Haylen said? She said she had a "serious asthma attack." This is real life not a game! In my other two posts, I was expressing my honest opinion. Duh, why do you want to know if I'm a boy or girl since we are just playing a mafia game? Unless, you are starting to get a crush on me.
Doros wrote: DavidParker, are we having fun? Your HUGE case is just a lot of fluff. :lol: Duh, I am a newbie and everyone is unique. This is my first game and this is only Day 2 in a Newbie game. Sure I could do better, but I am learning new stuff all the time. I even posted the manipulation thing you did. I will get better over time. Isn't asking questions what newbies are supposed to do? My opinion is I think it is a good idea for us to do is go back and reread what gapoc has said before because he is the only one who actually knows who the other mafia is. The gender issue has already been discussed and is in some previous post. Thank you. :mrgreen:
Please if
anyone
disagrees, please tell us, but I don't see an answer in the first post and the second post just points back to the first post. So...
Doros wrote: Gotcha Stefunny!!! I did say in my own way I rather not share my gender before the gapoc slip. The gapoc slip occured in post 319. My first post is post 181 which is 138 posts ahead of gapoc's post!!! The second post is numbered 402 and refers to the earlier post. If anyone is looking for a he/she, you won't find it because I want to be gender neutral. Even though you may not like my reply, the gender question have been answered twice like I said. :wink: Stefunny made a false accusation against me and has been proven to be wrong and I'm right!!!
Is a bunch of bullcrap.

Plus saying that you don't think DP is town, but asking him to join forces with you to defeat me when there is only ONE scum left doesn't make ANY sense.

Mod
Can we get a vote count please? I believe both Doros and I are at L-1.
Like I said in my previous post, look above. How come no one commented my post was way ahead of gapoc's post? It means I am innocent and what you are saying Stefunny is a bunch of bullcrap!!! I disagree with you about the DP thing and it does make sense. DP and I could suspect one another of being mafia, but it doesn't mean we can't work together to help ourselves and town.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #510 (isolation #51) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:30 am

Post by Doros »

DavidParker wrote:Where the heck is Haylen.

Also, I'm still very confident in scum-Doros. Of course I agreed to the "sacrifice" thing knowing that even if we lynched Doros today and he/she flipped town (lol yea right), I wouldn't be quick lynched tomorrow and would still be able to give more input before my death (if my lynch were to even happen tomorrow)

Doros, voting me because I am voting you is not a legitimate reason. Also, you are stating I should be looking out for my own survival??!?!? I'd rather just look out for whatever helps my team most. You appealing to me to side with you, and possibly vote Stef and leave you alone, makes me think you are only looking out for your own survival, and at this point that's something scum would be looking to do foremost.

Anywyas, a bottle of bel air graves later and I still think Doros is scum. So i'm perfectly happy with my vote.
DavidParker, you will be eating your words soon enough when I'm found to be town. Are you saying you won't keep your word and sacrifice yourself if I am found to be innocent? I disagree. An eye for an eye vote is perfectly normal. Also, there is nothing wrong with looking out for our own survival because you are forgetting we are a part of town like everyone else except for mafia of course. Also, if you are part of town, we would be losing an SE which would be a valuable to the town winning. I am valuable to the town too because I think I could help find the last mafia.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #511 (isolation #52) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:53 am

Post by Doros »

SxyBeast wrote:
Doros wrote:
The reason I'm voting for you is because you are voting for me.
This is the dumbest and scummiest reason to vote u r definitely at the top of my scum list.
Doros wrote:However, we could still work together. I'm asking you to rethink your stance because I think we (and town) are in a vulnerable position. It would be very easy to have me killed next and you afterwards because of the sacrificing thing and with the mafia's two night kills we could be easily down to 3 players. Why make it easy for mafia? Changing your stance will help both our survival (unless we get night kill) and make it less predictable and harder for mafia to win. Just my opinion though.

Anyway, if it helps, I'm unvoting my vote for you.
As DP said, you only care about ur survival. A townie does care about their survival but she cares more about getting mafia and if u think that DP is maf u dont say hey lets work together so we live even though u may be maf. and u especially dont unvote a person just so he will rethink and unvote u. I find it very scummy that u r doing this wen u r close to getting lynched. Also, we r not going to quick lynch DP. this has been stated to u multiple times and yet u seem to not listen.
Doros wrote:Gotcha Stefunny!!! I did say in my own way I rather not share my gender before the gapoc slip. The gapoc slip occured in post 319. My first post is post 181 which is 138 posts ahead of gapoc's post!!! The second post is numbered 402 and refers to the earlier post. If anyone is looking for a he/she, you won't find it because I want to be gender neutral. Even though you may not like my reply, the gender question have been answered twice like I said. :wink: Stefunny made a false accusation against me and has been proven to be wrong and I'm right!!!
I said the same thing about u and u disregard it. I think ur doing this because ur scum and u vote for the second scummiest person with votes (aka Stefunny
) This is class A scum.

I believe that Doros is at L-2 so im going to vote but not till I get a count because I dont want to be the killing vote

Like I said before, voting for someone who voted for you before is not dumb. It seems perfectly natural to me. Sxybeast, you are talking to person who brought up the issue about self sacrifice with DP, and you are preaching to me about me doing it just for my own survival, plzzz.... And duh, of course you are not going to quick lynch DP. That is pretty obvious isn't it?! But, he did agree to sacrifice himself if I am found to be innocent. I voted for Stefunny because she made a false accusation and I have proven her to be wrong, not because she is the second scummiest person.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #512 (isolation #53) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:01 am

Post by Doros »

Haylen wrote:
Vittorio wrote:6. Haylen, who's had some health problems to deal with etc, but who then also happened to be pretty absent. What say you, mayor of Lurksville?
The Haylen Answer: It's fine, I'm fine, as I've said before, my activity generally pics up later on in games as I seem to be a lot more useful to the town then. I find it difficult to focus early in games.
The Honest Answer: Please please don't ask me where I have been, I mentioned before that I didn't get into Oxford due to a certain problem. That problems reared its ugly head again and I'm currently pretty depressed. Combine that with stress, it's lowered by immune system and I now have a kidney problem

Sorry for the rant there, I needed to say...something. Anything. I'm not used to showing emotion as of late. I think more people on site need to be aware that the face people use on site may not necessary be how they feel. Before anyone asks, that wasn't an appeal to emotion, if you find my lurking scummy, lynch me for it but you shouldn't lynch somebody based on lurking alone.

Vittorio is fencesitting, btw. He basically called us all suspicious.
FoS Vittorio

Stefunny wrote:gapoc was only a Mafia goon, so why do you seem to assume we are either scenario 1 or 2? You do realize as he is a goon all of those are still options. That is, unless you know there is a roleblocker...
Very nice catch! I was wondering that myself when I was reading it. To me, that equates to a scumslip.
Unvote, Vote Vittorio
Only scum would know at this stage that a roleblocker is active in the game. I do wonder though, why Stefunny didn't vote for him though, despite finding the slip.

Yaaaay! I have taught Doros to multi-post. You have learnt well, my newbie, you have learnt well. I'm actually willing to let Doros see another day, because I'm not certain that all the scumminess people are seeing is because she's actually scum or if she's trying to use the tips I've given to catch scum but is finding it difficult. It would make sense if Doros was scum, because she was scum with another newbie. Hear me out, this is going somewhere. As scum, I tell my newbies to try and blend in with the town and give them tips on appearing townlike, other IC's and SE's do the same. From what I've observed by watching newbie-scum discuss in the confirmation phase, their talk tends to just consist of 'hi. hi. Any idea how we should play this? Just try and hide from the town, don't look suspicious.' Which would explain why Gapoc was playing so badly too, he didn't have an experienced scumbuddy to give him tips. That's why, I think we're looking at a newbie-scum team. This was another reason why I wanted to know everybodies level of experience.

If MrBump posts in caplock-huge font again, I will personally escort him to the lynching post. That kills my eyes so so so much. (colour sensitivity.) Same to Doros for quoting it.
Doros wrote:I never heard of OMGUS before and you sure are acting strange and scummy as hell too. Stefunny has made a false accusation. Deal with it.
Now that's a lie right there! Doros, have you read the thread fully?
This is one of those things I only want Doros to comment on.

MrBump wrote:Voting someone purely because they are voting you is super scummy. Your arguments are pretty awful.
OMGUS is a newbie tell or an overly-emotional player tell, it's not a scumtell. When you look into the fundamentals of OMGUS, it becomes clearer to you. Basically, when you OMGUS someone, you vote/attack them because they attacked you. As scum, this will occur because your emotions have gotten the better of you and you're scared of being lynched, you also know that player suspects you and want him out of the game ASAP - thus you vote the player who voted for you. As a townie, it tends to be caused by anger, because you know that you're town and deep down you believe that everybody else should know you're town aswell - thus to you, anybody who calls you scum is lying about your alignment. Me? If a more experienced player replaces in, you may see this. I've once OMGUS'd a player not for attacking me, but for attacking one of my newbies with personal insults - I was so angry at him that I believed he was scum and tunnelled on him til the end of the game. He actually turned out to be scum. Lesson learnt: Don't fuck with my newbies. The point in me saying that was, OMGUS comes in all different shapes and sizes, you just need to work out if the player who's voting you is angry or scared.

I really do not understand why Stef is currently at L-2, looking through the thread, I couldn't find anything on her that was too much of a concern - in fact, I think pointing out the scumslip was very townie but then not following it up with a vote shows that she's not voting in the same way as would be logical for someone with her evidence.

There is a part two to this post, but i need to be up at 8 and it's 4am now.
I'm glad that you are feeling fine Haylen! :D However, I do not understand your question. Could you explain it? And thanks for the explanation about OMGUS.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #513 (isolation #54) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:04 am

Post by Doros »

SxyBeast wrote:Ok so I firmly believe that Doros is maf and will be voting them at the end of the day, around 6pm eastern standard time to be specific. This is just a warning so that its not a maf quick hammer that came from no where
So, it will be slower hammer SxyBeast?
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #517 (isolation #55) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:03 am

Post by Doros »

Okay then, I will be dead at 6 PM EST. First off, I'm not mafia and you all will find out soon enough. This is really a bizarre game. Even when you proven yourself to innocent, they either don't believe you or find new reasons to vote for you. :lol: It seems like a lot of players play the game with blinders on. Once they made up their mind about you, that is it. I'm going to unvote Stefunny because I don't want leave any bad feelings behind. So:

Unvote Stefunny

My thoughts, about the game.... My top suspect for mafia are MrBump, Stefunny, and DP in that order. When I watch MrBump play the game, it is like watching a con artist. At times, he will twist your words and ideas. At other times, he will be friendly, and other times your enemy like somekind of Jekyll and Hyde character. He is not above pulling a stunt like highlighting the CAPS to manipulate your opinions. Also, just because MrBump say OMGUS, it doesn't make it so. Moreover, MrBump is adverse to self sacrificing which is something mafia would not want to do. Another strange thing is gapoc wished that he goes far in the game. If MrBump had known gapoc was leaving, a lot of the stuff on Day one could have been staged. Vinoth, who could be a smart guy mentioned one of the mafias among gapoc/MrBump. What happens if it turns out to be two mafias? There are other things so he is my number one suspect.

Stefunny is number two because of the false accusation thing. She didn't help when I ask her about scumhunting. She gave her reasons. But it is in mafia's interest not to help the town with any scumhunting tips. Also, at times she is not around. She gave her reasons. When you look at gapoc's suspect list, Stefunny is the least suspected person. It makes one wonder where gapoc would put his scum partner?! Also, Stefunny seems to be not above lying or backtracking on things like the war thing with DP.

Number three is DavidParker because he has shown an ability to manipulate people like the missing part of Haylen's questions and in calling Vittorio a townie. Didn't he said he used the same thing in some of his earlier games? It is in mafia's job description to get innocent lynched and he has been trying hard to get rid of me since the beginning. On the plus side, he was willing to self sacrifice unlike the coward MrBump is. But on the other hand, it could just be that he is putting on an act and just knows what to say.

Anyways, I still had fun! :D Thanks for all the help Haylen!!! And of best of luck to the town!!!
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #518 (isolation #56) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Doros »

Haylen wrote:I asked if you had read every post properly, to put it basic.
I guess I didn't because I don't remember OMGUS.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #707 (isolation #57) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Doros »

Congrats Haylen on a well played game! You had us all fooled! I guess that is why Stefunny got bumped off because she suspected you of maybe teaching us newbies a lesson. Well you sure did. :lol: I never realized mafia could be so devious. :eek: A lot of questions. So did you really had asthma or not? Was the gapoc slip planned from the start? What are mafia's reasons for the night kills? Also, what made you decide to claim doc when you do not know if anyone else had that role? Thanks.

OMGUS MrBump! :P You should have trusted your thoughts about the breadcrumb thing. The only person who noticed the breadcrumb and talked about it was Haylen while SxyBeast and you didn't so that was suspicious. As the lone remaining male in the game, the gapoc "him" slipup was first mentioned by Haylen so that was another clue.

As for DavidParker, why was he giving away breadcrumb if he was the cop? Breadcrumbs are okay pigeons, but not for mafia to find. :) I find it odd that it seems like SxyBeast rarely or never voted for anyone one in the game?! Sure you mentioned you are cautious and that is okay, but when you have a lylo situation at the end you have to vote or the town loses! MrBump will have no choice but to vote for you because the other choice is a certain lost. I thought you could have defended yourself better at the end.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #711 (isolation #58) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:53 pm

Post by Doros »

Nice to hear from you again gapoc! Although we were on opposite sides in the game, it was always fun reading what you had to say. Good luck in your new game! :D

Haylen wrote:
Doros wrote:Also, what made you decide to claim doc when you do not know if anyone else had that role?
Hehe. It's funny you're still believing in that. There's 4 possible setups in the game. Both me and Gapoc were goons showing that there was either a cop or a doc in the setup not both. But to claim doc, I would have to put the roleblocker in there somewhere or it wouldn't make sense if anybody looked at the mods first few pages. So by the time I'd spotted DP's breadcrumb, I already knew I could roleclaim Doc in the future.
Oh yeah, I see what you mean Haylen. You knew with two goons it could be either a cop or doc for town, but not both. However, you would need to suggest the roleblocker role in order to make the doc claim work. Very clever of you. :wink:

You also mentioned in your first post that you will be taking notes and you would be able to tell what was good, what went wrong and how to improve, when the game has ended. So any suggestions for us on how to get better? Thanks. :)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”