Newbie Game 1058: Murder in Bitville! (OVER!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:43 am

Post by Hoppster »

/confirm.
mothrax wrote:/confirm

Welcome all, I am your friendly neighborhood IC! Note that this doesn't give me superpowers or anything (yes I was dissapointed, I wanted a cape))
Hey, you don't need superpowers to have a cape.

mothrax wrote:1: Have you ever played mafia before (either on this site or others or in real life)?
2: What is your timezone?
3: What is the sum of all the prime numbers from 1-100
1. Played a few games in RL, one game on site (Newbie 1030). I replaced into that though, so it's my first RV/RQS. I'm excited! :P
2. GMT. Yay UK!
3. If this is one of those RQS questions that's meant to get us to learn more about others, I think it's failing. :wink:
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:You are very.... excitable, aren't you?
Is there no end to your psychic divination?! :eek:

And your tarot card trick... I can't seem to get it to work for me. I click the spoiler and a second card pops up, but the first remains unflipped. :(

Oh, and VOTE: Mist7676. For not knowing what a calculator is, and also being dangerously obsessed with numbers and spoilers.

@ mothrax: Not so sure that the self-hammer point is completely self-explanatory for a total newbie. (I get it, but I'm saying that somebody with no prior forum mafia experience may not.)

Also, what's your opinion on the Central Timezone Buddies United Mothrax Bandwagon? (not just crno)
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:38 pm

Post by Hoppster »

mothrax wrote:@hoopster I didn't mean self hammer. To clarify: unless there is someone who is not already voting you who is ready to vote, and that person will be the last vote needed for a lynch, don't claim.

Also, the cstalliancewagon on me is just any other early game wagon with no founding that will not go to lynch.
Oh yeah, sorry about that. Mis-read. You should also probably make the self-hammer point as well. Just finished a game where a townie self-hammered D1.

Cirno wrote:Also, to save you time, allow me predict what will happen if you try to pressure me

1.Cirno pushes Mothrax wagon
2.tyler pressures Cirno
3.Cirno pushes Mothrax wagon
4.Cirno pushes Mothrax wagon

In conclusion, vote Mothrax.
Hmm. This is slightly awkward.

It would seem that we've already done steps 1-4. And indeed you were correct. Perhaps we can trust your amazing psychic skillage.

I'll be persuaded if you show me further proof of your predictions being correct.

@ Mist7676: What's up with you betraying your Central Time Buddy (henceforth referred to as CTB)?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:03 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:
Hoppster wrote:@ Mist7676: What's up with you betraying your Central Time Buddy (henceforth referred to as CTB)?
Studies indicate that she did it because she is mafia seizing the opportunity to put another player at L-1 (assuming the votes count) with what she considers a defensible vote.
I thought it was just because she wanted to be popular or something (she seems to be going for the 'popular' vote).

And now what's up with you mafia hating on your CTB? :?

Also, I followed your signature to a page about the character Cirno, who apparently is childish/stupid. Is that the basis for your mothrax-scum wagon or is it that you actually think mothrax is scum?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:31 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:
Hoppster wrote:Also, I followed your signature to a page about the character Cirno, who apparently is childish/stupid. Is that the basis for your mothrax-scum wagon or is it that you actually think mothrax is scum?
You seem to be implying that what I did was stupid or childish, but I see it as another perfectly valid way to get things going and preferable to RVS (particularly when the IC goes out of his way to tell people to vote randomly).

To answer your question, I was not acting 'in character'. Neither do I have any reason to believe Mothrax in particular is mafia. The purpose of the wagon was simply to wagon and see what happens.

Also, you are creeping me out because the link in my signature leads to a youtube video for me.
Oh, wait, it was your website. My bad.

I know (and knew) I was implying that it was childish/stupid, but that's not what I think it is. I personally thought you were just trying to be funny. Which then made me wonder whether you were just playing 'in character'.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:I may spend hours at a time playing "get lynched with the least amount of words" on epicmafia, but MafiaScum is serious business.
XD

That genuinely sounds fun. I'll need to try that some time.

Mist7676 wrote:Votes don't matter this is just a joke phase. I wouldn't want to vote you CTB
Oh, how sweet. :mrgreen:

Let's all vote Mist7676 for a joke then. :wink:

So, CTB's, what's your opinion on us non-CTB's?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Hoppster »

Mist7676 wrote:Fuck u
????

I assume this is directed at me?

I was
joking
, Mist.
JOKING
. Hence the ' :wink: ' and the ' :mrgreen: '.

Or is this your idea of a return joke? In which case, I don't quite get your sense of humour, but I'll just pretend it never happened.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:56 am

Post by Hoppster »

Mist7676 wrote:Its was an answer. How do u feel about non CTB. I think Fuck u
Mist7676 wrote:But of course im kidding
Oh, I get it now. :)

Of course, I use the term "get it" loosely. But yeah, I see where you're coming from.

In future, just be aware that your sense of humour is a bit... "out there" and not everybody might find it funny. That kind of humour is probably best kept out of Mafia games. :wink:

Preview Edit

@ Cirno: That wasn't me taking it that seriously. If it hadn't been a 13 year old I would have totally flipped out.

Preview Edit 2:

@ Mist: It's probably best not to swear for no reason, so people don't think you're a troll.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:01 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:I don't know, man. Her avatar is a modified image of a comic from 4chan of a cat trolling some guy.
Well, as discussed (kinda) previously, if we're judging by avatars you're a stupid fairy of some sort.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am

Post by Hoppster »

mothrax wrote:Also, judging by my avatar, I am a giant moth destroying Tokyo... oh wait, I am.
And you're meant to be our IC? A giant moth destroying Tokoyo? :?

I want Godzilla. :igmeou:

I guess I'm a totally bad-ass-ified Kermit.

What's everybody's opinion on Lynch All Liars, Policy Lynching, Self-Hammering and any other lynch-related topics?

Preview Edit:

Regarding this early mothrax wagon, it always seemed to me that it was quite clearly not serious. I did like the "A vote for mothrax is a vote for victory" though.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Hoppster »

mothrax wrote:
Cirno wrote:
/confirm

>Vegeta
>Prime Numbers
>IC telling people to use random.org

Jesus Christ, what is going on in this thread?

VOTE: Mothrax
Lynch him right now. Forget RVS, hop on the moth wagon.
This does not read as just a joke.
Well, it does to me. It's pretty clear that nobody really bases their vote on the basis that somebody is advertising random.org or that somebody posted a picture of Vegeta. Plus, who sells their wagon by asking people to "hop on"?

While I do think it was perhaps unsuited to a Newbie game, I found it somewhat entertaining.

Preview Edit:

Eh. Scratch that then. :?

I think there's a misunderstanding between (possibly all 3) of us. I think Cirno wanted to use it to get information but not actually to get a lynch. However, mothrax has read it as a serious attempt on his life or whatever. I thought it was just for humour.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #11) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Hoppster »

Hazard with a Glove wrote:I'm still debating if I should join the CTB or not. Cirno, what are the benefits?
Fuck u
No u!
You fool. If you are in the Central Time Zone you are automatically a CTB, regardless of whether you choose to be or not. What you aren't automatically is a member of the 'Central Time Zone Buddies United Mothrax Wagon'.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:52 am

Post by Hoppster »

Hazard with a Glove wrote:@Hoppster:
Ahh, I see. Well I'm not voting Mothrax carelessly, so w/e.

How about Central Timezone Buddies United Let's Go Get A Smoothie Club?
LOL. :mrgreen:

tylerjarvis wrote:While your new case is a hundred times better than the old one, I'm going to stick with my vote for Cirno, for now.
For what reason(s)? Your reason before was lack of an explanation for an early mothrax lynch. However, I think Cirno has addressed that point.

Cirno wrote:
Cirno wrote:
Mist
is scum too, btw.
Is how it should read.
Oh. That makes more sense.

And yeah, I agree with Mist seeming a bit scummy, but not so convinced with mothrax. Not perhaps orthodox IC-style, but a lot of people haven't really made a significant acknowledgement of your wagon. (Including me? :shifty: )

@ drmyshottyizsik: That's a pretty irresponsible vote imo. Cirno was at L-1 not too long ago, and with the weird ways that Mist's votes are swinging, we could end up with a Cirno lynch without meaning it. I'm not going to count the number of votes atm, because with past experience I fail at counting votes.
(There, now I've addressed the Cirno wagon.)
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:Also, Mr.Flay must wait until after work to post a vote count. This means that if I post a vote count while I am
at
work, I am superior to Mr.Flay.

Mist (2) - Hoppster mothrax
mothrax (2) - Cirno Mist7676
Cirno (3) - Hazard tylerjarvis shotty

Not Voting (2) - swampthing2011 Kcdaspot

Preview Edit: I don't see how mothrax is anything
but
a boring old orthodox IC.
Lol and thanks for the vote count. Helps me a lot.

The reason I say not an orthodox IC is because in games I've seen, the IC posts generally look copy + pasted. Mothrax's look written by himself.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Hoppster »

Kcdaspot wrote:I think mist is a hyper noob... I've seen her style of posting in mish-mash... she jumps the gun way to soon. Blind sheep alert.
She also swears a damn lot. Seriously. The first time I saw it I was freaked out before I remembered that I swore when I was thirteen as well.

@ tylerjarvis: I think Cirno pushed hard for the lynch as a further way of getting responses/information. Otherwise, it would have no distinction at all from a normal RVS.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:35 am

Post by Hoppster »

@ Mist: Regarding the '2011' - if I got banned but re-signed back up as Hoppster2011, I'd be likely to be investigated and banned again.

Kcdaspot wrote:VOTE: hoppster

I have never seen a fluffier ISO for page 4-5
Kcdaspot wrote:hoppster and shotty are scum.

hopps for fluff

shotty for that last post.

<snip>

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Shotty
Kcdaspot wrote:All hopps has done is just agree with everyone.
Completely confused by all that. What do you mean by fluff? If shotty and I are scum, what exactly does unvoting me to vote him achieve? And me just agreeing with everybody didn't happen, if you refer to page 4 (which was one of the pages you called me out on for my 'fluffiness').

mothrax wrote:Will everyone please list there top two suspects with reasoning? I will even start.

1)Mist: Vote hopping, trying to blatantly buddy.

2)DMSIS: discrediting the IC, pushing a suspect with no vote or reasoning.
I actually agree more with the recent analysis by tylerjarvis of Mist being a newbie. :P UNVOTE: Mist7676
As such, I think the buddying attempts are almost more of an attempt to be popular than get any result. Or, simply, just joke votes for humour.

@ DMSIS: I'm still confused about your initial vote on Cirno. At worst, it was a Freudian slip by scum, but even then basing a vote just on that is ridiculous when it could just as easily be a typo.

@ Mist: What are your (serious) thoughts on scum? (I don't want a joke reply, please.)
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:04 am

Post by Hoppster »

Kcdaspot wrote:Shotty did something scummier than fluff posting so i switched.
I still don't get what fluff is.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #17) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:32 am

Post by Hoppster »

I'm slightly confused by the large number of scum pairings thrown around with certainty by people, usually with little to back them up. So far we've had:

mothrax & Mist
mothrax & Cirno
Hoppster & shotty
Cirno & shotty

It confuses me immensely how people can think that they have a scum pairing so early on, paticularly when other people seem to be just as sure about different pairings. Or is it just a thing that people do that's considered normal around here?

But for what it's worth, mothrax & KC are scum. :roll:
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (isolation #18) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:51 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:See the last post for an example of fluff and active lurking.
Oh, I'm glad that I can be an example to help illustrate an unclear point.

drmyshottyizsik wrote:So far my only reads are Kcdaspot as scum; Monthrax as adapting IC; and
Hoopster
as
dumb
, yet learning noobie.
Glad that you don't percieve
me
as dumb then. :igmeou:

@ KC: We've got your point about Crackhead needing to post more. No need to repeat yourself.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:
@Hopp
: The eyeroll smilie leads me to believe that you don't actually believe that "mothrax & KC are scum". Is there anybody in particular you
do
believe to be scum?
Actually, they are my top two candidates for scum at the moment. I was just being ironic. :P

I don't think I've seen enough of tylerjarvis, HwaG or CrackHead (obviously) to say for sure, but my opinion of each player so far is:

Cirno: Mixed feelings. My gut feeling is strongly town though, however some of your characteristics are a bit odd (you tend to be a bit too abrupt/blunt/harsh for my liking).

CrackHead: Bit concerned about his first post. He claims that Cirno's behaviour could be a scum strategy that he doesn't understand due to him being a noob, however from that viewpoint it could surely also be town strategy that he doesn't understand. He may be being sarcastic though as well, it's hard to tell.

drmyshottyizsik: I was suspicious at first, but more recently he's had some good points. Likely town imo.

HwaG: He was extremely defensive of KC when Cirno attacked KC regarding the V/LA. Possibly buddying in my opinion, but it's not enough to go on really. Lack of posts prevent me having a clear scum/town viewpoint on HwaG.

KC: A bit too off-hand for my liking. Seems quick to dismiss others' posts/attacks/general play, without any real meat behind it. Top candidate for scum in my eyes as I'm not exactly sure what he's contributed. Admittedly I am also slightly guilty of this, but I don't have as many posts as KC (who when ISO'd goes onto 2 pages) and in that number of posts it feels like he's achieved nothing.
FoS: KC

Mist: Not convinced by her case on Cirno, but I have a tentative town read on her.

mothrax: Not really sure what to make of mothrax yet. No real opinion on him atm. However, seeing as he has the most posts of the people whom I have a 'neutral' feeling about, I'm inclined to think he could be scum.

tylerjarvis: Not enough content for me to form a justified opinion quite yet. Needs to post more though.

I completely disagree with Mist (and shotty's) case/opinion on Cirno.
Mist7676 wrote:1)Cirno tried to push a lynch on Mothrax
What could that mean? Maybe she was trying to get herself killed and make it look like Mothrax is clear. Being pushed to lynch by scum. Also it could make everyone NOT want to lynch Mothrax because of her annoyingness and pushness and just lynch someone else and save them both for a day.
2) she was all over lynching Mothrax in the beggining than stopped.
What could that mean? She could have just say that no one is jumping on it than stopped trying. Or she never really wanted him lynched. Notice how in the beggining she was only posting to push the lynch on Moth. What happened now??
3) At the beggining she tried to buddy with as many people starting that Central Time Buddies.
What could that mean? Maybe she was trying to risk getting lynched or make her lynches stronger with her backup.
4) she doesn't provide good reasons when trying to push a lynch on someone.
What could that mean? She doesn't have any reasons she just wants someone to die besides her. When she pushed on Mothrax she posted Tarot Cards. When she wanted me dead all she said in 1 post was "Mist is Mafia"

If you haven't voted Cirno yet I advise that you should soon. She has many scumtells and isn't a very good SE.
(1) is a possibillity, however with (2), I am satisfied with Cirno's explanation that the early mothrax wagon was to fast forward RVS. (3) I feel was just something that came with the mothrax wagon, and (4) - she did justify suspicions of Mist, and also, she had no paticular reason to justify the mothrax wagon given its existence only to fast-forward RVS.

@ shotty: Could a mothrax-Cirno connection not be Mist's point (1)? Or do you disagree with this?

@ mothrax: Previously, you described a FoS as a "weak vote placeholder". What is the point of you FoS'ing shotty if that's your opinion?

@ Cirno & KC: What are your opinions on "FoS"?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (isolation #20) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:08 pm

Post by Hoppster »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:kdcaspot I have a lot to say to you sir first off your posts are all empty, second you are a hypocrite, third you just totaly OMGUS'd ME. I know you already voted me but you never gave a REAL or half way good reason, and now all of your reasons are simply because you disagree with my case on you. Nothing about my case is scummy, it just pisses you of that I'm right so you raged and called me scumZ fourth the second posting was not necisary, fifth I did not call you dumb I was saying you need to post less fluff and more content. Sixth SE is not something you have to apply for or be a good one of. You are in no way a teaching role in this game only the IC is you are an SE because you played two games. Seventh, your rebuttles to my case are nothing more than "nu uh!!!!". I will finish this tomorrow when I'm not in bed on my phone.
I think it's a slight exaggeration to say that all of his reasons are just disagreements. Some of your points have been answered fairly imo, but there are others where he basically just says "no".
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #21) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:25 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:
@Hoppster
: Come on, bro. I had your back when KC attacked you for fluff. Don't make me look bad by doing nothing but stating whether or not you agree or disagree with any given case.

In other news, tylerjarvis confirmed for mafia through blatant lurking. There has literally been more than a hundred posts made since his last one. He was online reading this forum last night. If you check his profile you can verify that he was online,
this morning
. He has posted nothing.

Also, if I never post again it is because I lost everything I had after making a bet on tonight's ufc. Never bet on mma.
What, stating whether you disagree or agree is fluff?! :eek:

I always thought that was pro-town. My bad. :igmeou:

Okay, well... despite noting it himself, HwaG seems to be Ye Olde Guardian of KC, and this lines up with my suspicions I voiced at #240. But I don't think scum would be so... blatant? We could get into WIFOM here though so I'm just going to keep a tab on developments there.

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Oh crap I forgot about tyler... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
What the heck is that?! I mean, seriously. Do you think he's scum? Do you not think he's scum? And what's with the ridiculously long "hmm"? What exactly does that achieve? We've just been talking about fluff, and then you go and post this?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #22) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Hoppster »

nopointinactingup wrote:I reread Kc he's likely
Hoopster
's partner in law. I'll elaborate on my Kc's case later, when my backs do not fail me.
I do not play basketball. My avatar is a widely known frog. Frogs hop, they don't shoot hoops. :roll:

Is your point that I look scummy and KC makes sense as my partner or that KC looks scummy and I make sense as his partner? Or that we both look scummy and both make sense as partners?

And your reference to "backs" confuses me. :(

CrackHead wrote:Kcd and Shotty you both seem so intent on lynching each other, it seems a bit like you are accusing one another just because the other accused you, or perhaps you are scum buddies trying to trick us, either way I think kcd looks the fluffiest and scummiest of the two and I don't have much suspicion for the others so I'm gonna go ahead and VOTE: Kcd
For a more simpler approach, can the scum please stand up?

And Nopoint, welcome, defending someone so completely and with no evidence is kind of suspicious. I really don't want to get into shottys meta, can you give any evidence from this game to support you?
Even if the scum did stand up, how would we know? :P

I also don't want to get metas involved. They strike me as unreliable, after all it only takes one random game to completely change somebody's meta. There's some profound statement about one black swan disproving all swans are white or something or other that illustrates my thoughts exactly.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #23) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:
@Hoppster
: What do you think of the KC wagon?
Umm... well prior to Mist's totally out of the blue Shotty vote it was the most appealing wagon to me.
Mist7676 wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Shotty
I think u should claim now
I'm going to echo everybody else thoughts... wth?

Random votes out of the blue aren't good, Mist.
Cirno wrote:VOTE: Mist7676
I think this is an over-reaction. Whilst Mist's vote on shotty was unmistakeably scummy, I don't think she's scum. It's very plausible behaviour from
extremely
over-keen/over-eager town (albeit not helpful at all).
drmyshottyizsik wrote:ummmm... so Mist role fished like hell when he asked me to claim... I'm thinking about voting him.
Eh. I wouldn't call it role-fishing. From what I've read in Newbie games it's standard for people to suggest a claim when somebody is at L-1. I think Mist has tried to replicate this (but unsuccessfully!).
Cirno wrote:I don't think Mist was rolefishing. I think she believed shotty was at L-1 with her vote, which would have been the case if KC hadn't changed his vote.
^ Yeah, that.

So... yeah. Let's not wagon Mist. Paticularly if it's just on this one post.

@ Cirno: What's your reason for advocating a Mist wagon?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:
@Hoppster
: She is voting without any kind of reasoning. It is not the first time. Worse, she attempted to put someone at L-1 without any kind of explanation. Again, it is not the first time. Allowing her to get away with it because you think she is a newbie essentially means she has no accountability for her votes and ensures she will continue to make such votes. Fuck that noise.

Also, even if you accept her behavior as newbie behavior, why is it newbie town rather than newbie scum?
While it did occur to me that Mist could be newbie scum I thought that her partner would have likely bussed her by now.

Of course, it could be that the bussing is just starting right now... *hint hint wink wink - accusing finger*
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:14 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:
Hoppster wrote:While it did occur to me that Mist could be newbie scum I thought that her partner would have likely bussed her by now.

Of course, it could be that the bussing is just starting right now... *hint hint wink wink - accusing finger*
So... Are you saying Mist is town because no one is attacking her or Mist is town because you
know
that her partner did not try to bus her? Neither argument makes any sense.

What makes you so sure that Mist is town that you have to defend her against wagons, particularly when you don't seem to have any suggestion as to who is a better lynch?
Well, it seemed that everybody wanted to lynch her on the basis of one vote, which I found unreasonable. I also noticed early on in the game that Mist was behaving in a way that could easily be construed as scummy, and would have been easy for scum to bus her in had she been scum as well. I was actually expecting somebody to really attack her although it didn't happen to the extent I thought it might. It was clear to me that were Mist scum she'd be pretty useless, so the other scum probably should have bussed her had this been the case. It didn't, so I thought it probable that Mist was town.

So in answer to your question, I'm saying neither of the two. I'm saying Mist is likely town because prior to the sudden change in attitude, nobody had really attacked her.

However, if Mist were town, at the moment I'd put you as her buddy based on current interactions between the two of you.

I said previously that before I was most inclined towards the KC wagon.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (isolation #26) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:
Hoppster wrote:It was clear to me that were Mist scum she'd be pretty useless, so the other scum probably should have bussed her had this been the case. It didn't, so I thought it probable that Mist was town.
That makes absolutely zero sense. Why would her scumbuddy go out of his way to lynch her on day 1 if he doesn't have to?

<snip>

Not even going to comment on your "You are attacking her, therefore you are her scumbuddy" logic.
1) If Mist were scum, then her scum buddy would be running the risk of her accidently revealing the two of them through very obvious buddying or some sort of slip of the tongue (or fingers) by her. It wouldn't be that there was an immediate problem, but a precautionary, or preventative, method.

2) ?! As I've said before, I
don't
think Mist is scum. Hence you can't
possibly
be her scum buddy in my opinion if I don't think she is scum. I said
if
Mist were scum, based on interactions between the two of you I'd put you as her scum buddy. I don't think Mist is scum, therefore I don't think this is the case. And your very comment about your supposed lack of comment is obviously going to be interpeted by all as itself a comment implying I'm a total retard. So if you didn't mean to comment, you've failed, and if you did, why say you weren't going to?

Also, my logic based on the hypothetical scenario that Mist turns out to be scum wasn't "ZOMGZ THEY FIGHTING OBVSCUMBUDDIES ARE OBVIOUS DURR ROFLCOPTER I'M COOL". At no point do I say that is the sole basis for my suspicions in the hypothetical extension of the scenario where Mist is scum. It was partially based on Mist's 'suspicions' of you (with explanations) and then suddenly the switch from a vote on you to a vote on shotty with no explanation whatsoever which I would see as an attempt by her to distance herself from you with the attack
if she were scum
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #27) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:>Hoppster has "Hide my online status this session" checked

Serious reply in a moment.
Indeed I do. It's to prevent people seeing me reading the thread at school and posting "ZOMG HE LURKING".
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (isolation #28) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:
@Hoppster
: Even if we disregard your "If Mist is scum, you are scum for attacking her" nonsense, your explanation of Mist's innocence still makes no sense. Your explanation is still "Mist is town because Mist would be bussed as scum". Your explanation continues to make zero sense.

Also, the "I'm not gonna comment" was a smartass way to say "Your argument is dumb.".
I do think Mist would probably be bussed as scum. I'm still failing to see why this is not plausible. Perhaps we should wait for another person's input.

And, yeah, I realised that. You obviously didn't read my waffle. Here, have some syrup. It'll make it go down easier.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #29) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Hoppster »

CrackHead wrote:Kcd, it seems to me that you started getting really into your case against him and insisting that he is scum without a shadow of a doubt, then when he started raising concerns about other people being scum you targeted the next person who started accusing you (me). How do you go from being so sure that Shotty is scum to suddenly accusing me?
Kcdaspot wrote:Chrackhead move was too sudden for my tastes.
@ KC: So CrackHead is now most scummy to you but you still think shotty is scum?

I also struggle to believe that you find Crackhead's move too sudden, but then you let this slip:
nopointinactingup wrote:
@Mod: Please delete post 290 by my alt account xD

Done. -Flay

I repeat.
Shotty is blatantly town.
Unvote.Vote:Kc
This happens before CrackHead's vote on you.
Kcdaspot wrote:UNVOTE: UNVOTE:
VOTE: CrackHead

That looks WAY to opportunistic there buddy.
Kcdaspot wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:
@Mod: Please delete post 290 by my alt account xD

Done. -Flay

I repeat.
Shotty is blatantly town.
Unvote.Vote:Kc
hell i didn't even SEE this WTH?
If, at this point, you vote on CrackHead was due to his vote being opportunistic, why did you not make a similar fuss when you saw nopoint's vote? Paticularly as nopoint didn't even justify his vote.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #30) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:58 am

Post by Hoppster »

CrackHead wrote:
@Cirno,Hoppster
Cirno wrote:
Hoppster wrote:Not even going to comment on your "You are attacking her, therefore you are her scumbuddy" logic.
^Agree with this post/ with Cirno in her massive argument with hopscotch
:(

Fine, maybe I'm wrong. *mutters darkly under breath*

@ Mist:
Does KC look scummy to you?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #31) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:Instead of explaining why 338 does the opposite of explain why you just made that vote, I'm going to use this opportunity to further bully Hoppster.

So,
Hoppster
, your top suspect is at L-1 and you have the opportunity to ask him for a claim. Are you going to do so or are you going to continue claiming you support a KC wagon while doing very little to support that claim?
Hold yer horses.
Cirno wrote:
drmyshottyizsik wrote:Hoppster may be willing to hammer IDK and he's anoob so he may not think to ask for a claim, I know you told him he may want to, but still
Hoppster is not assertive enough to even
vote
for his suspects let alone hammer without asking for a claim.
Okay, I suck at mafia. Please stop commenting on my retardedness, both of you.
Kcdaspot wrote:SHOTTY ARE GOING TO ANSWER ME OR WHAT? WILL YOU PLEASE READ MY CASE?
KC ARE YOU GOING TO RESPOND TO MY POST #342?
Kcdaspot wrote:FINE you know what? F*** this noise.

I'm a Vanilla townie. the reason I'm trying so hard not to get lynched is because I honestly believe that I can be a asset to town. I've made my case, I've tried everything in my power to get scum lynched... I honest to god want a perfect townie win. I can see that is no longer possible. I only ask that if and when my flip comes, that you rereads my words and you put some more stock in them please.

I just want this town to win. I don't know if it can w/o me. This is why i'm defending and fighting this lynch so hard.
Show us how you're such an asset. I don't think you're convincing anybody. A touch of modesty wouldn't go amiss either.
Kcdaspot wrote:PEDIT: At least humor me here. Honestly, Do you want a VT lynch or a scum lynch? because you're only getting a VT lynch with me.
Yes, because that's going to convince anybody.
mothrax wrote:@ Hoppster:
A1) Townlists are bad. Bad bad bad. The only time I have ever posted a town list I was scum. They give scum more info than they should have.
B2) What?
C3) I have more posts than any other nuetral reads, so I must be scum? Srsly?

Answer this:
Why does posting more make people look scummy?
I didn't say that you must be scum. I said you were more likely to be scum, or something to that effect. If you haven't convinced me that you're town in more posts, you're more likely to be scum imo.
Cirno wrote:
@Shotty
: Are you arguing that KCs claim makes him more scummy? Not that I could lose any more faith in you if you are.r
I think shotty's point was that if we don't lynch him and he's not scum, there's one townsperson ruled out as a PR by scum so he won't be NK'd and if we lynch another VT today scum have better odds of finding a PR.
Cirno wrote:At this point, I say go ahead and lynch KC so I can determine if you guys are mafia or just incompetent town.
Who's this directed at?
Kcdaspot wrote:Goddammit just lynch me already. I'll flip town you'll [lose] a pr and I'll will fail to give a damn.
Uh, what?

You should give a damn. It will be at least partially your fault if you're town and you get lynched for not convincing other town people and this has a knock-on effect of losing town the game.

I am not yet prepared to hammer.

KC, you'd better answer my points. I do have some very pressing reservations about hammering KC which I don't wish to disclose just yet, however I'm also sensing the possibility of you derailing town at some point in the future. I also believe that it's better to lynch somebody who's claimed than somebody who hasn't, and while admittedly nobody else has needed to claim, KC, you are still my top lynch candidate.

@ Cirno: Do you want me to hammer or not?! You're sending me extremely mixed messages - you seemed to be egging me on but then you don't wish to hammer yourself... so I'm confused.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #32) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Hoppster »

mothrax wrote:That still doesn't answer my question Hoppster. In your post you said that since I had the most posts out of your nuetral reads I was more likely to be scum. Why? What about postcount makes me likely to be scum?
You've had more posts to convince me of being town. I personally think it would be easier (for me at least) to identify town than to identify mafia. Over more posts, I should be able to get a better/stronger read. Over the more posts you had, I still had a neutral read, and you've had more time to convince me that you were town, but you haven't.

Anyway, this is irrelevant now. I don't think you're likely to be scum now.

Cirno wrote:
Hopper wrote:@ Cirno: Do you want me to hammer or not?! You're sending me extremely mixed messages - you seemed to be egging me on but then you don't wish to hammer yourself... so I'm confused.
Not only is my position clear, but I think it is clear that my objective was to see what
you
would do. It is questions like this that make me question whether you are being genuine or feigning activity.

I don't understand why you keep avoiding the KC wagon if you believe him to be scum. Demanding KC answer your questions, and saying "I don't want to hammer for undisclosed reasons" seem like excuses to not commit to the wagon. Also, the argument 'Townies getting lynched is their own fault' makes me frown.
Fine. The reason I didn't want to hammer is because I was concerned he was a PR and wanted to approach the matter subtly, as there could be more than one interpretation of the posts I saw as possible soft-claims... Of course it was in vain because I saw when preview editing that'd you'd just flat out said "Oh, I hope you're a PR" just totally made it pointless, so I may as well disclose it now. So, yeah. Screw my concerns about nailing a PR. I'm just procrastinating.

While it is implied by KC he is a PR, he hasn't confirmed it, and there is more than one interpretation of the posts, so scum could have missed it, but oh well. Happy now Cirno? That was my reason.

It feels like you are purposely being awkward towards me Cirno, you really are. Why are you trying to make life so difficult for me? The only reason I can think of is if you think I'm scum, if so, why aren't you trying to lynch me?!

I've said I'm confused. You're response is to the effect of "You're not really confused, you're lying / You're retarded for being confused". And it genuinely does seem to me like you're pressuring me into hammering when I don't want to.

drmyshottyizsik wrote:We are basically talking in twilight right now and giving scum more info than needed.
No, we're
not
. KC hasn't been hammered yet. I'm not hammering unless I feel comfortable doing so.

Y'know what... Cirno has already brought it out, so I may as well:

@ KC: Are you a PR?! :igmeou:
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (isolation #33) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Hoppster »

Mist7676 wrote:HAMMER!!!
better not be a fucking power role.
Unvote Vote:Kcdspot

HAMMER TIME DUN DUN DUN DUN
So by the fact I'm the first to actively query this, I'm assuming that everybody else has taken this to be the kind of random stuff we're now expecting from Mist?
CrackHead wrote:Thankyou Mist, it's like everyone thought he was scum but nobody had the balls to hammer, especially Kermit.
Lol @ Cirno/Mist/Shotty
Flip time I'm excited.
CrackHead wrote:Wow we really stuffed that up
Well put.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #34) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:
@Hoppster
: Do you think Mist is mafia now?
Umm...

The random hammer makes me feel inclined to say yes. Paticularly as she was so sure of KC being town.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (isolation #35) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:I'm trying to convince myself to argue against your lynch as the obvious scum tactic is to push your lynch right now. You are making that really difficult. If you can't be bothered to play properly do me a favor and replace out. Thanks.
Is that because you don't want to look scummy or that because you don't want to help scum?

Please don't make one of those posts where you say it's obvious, because I really can't tell.

However, I do think that Mist is definitely making an effort, albeit a rather tame one by most people's standards. It is quite clear to me that she's trying. This most recent post shows sign of spell/grammar-check, or just a more thoughtful post (relatively speaking). Although worryingly she doesn't feel the need to justify her actions.

@ Mist:
Why did you hammer KC?

@ Mod: I am V/LA this Sunday through Thursday.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (isolation #36) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:34 am

Post by Hoppster »

Mist7676 wrote:
I'm not going to hammer unless he gets REALLY scummy.
REALLY
also I dont reallythink kcdspot is scum besides his fluff posts.
Mist7676 wrote:HAMMER!!!
better not be a fucking power role.
Unvote Vote:Kcdspot

HAMMER TIME DUN DUN DUN DUN
Mist7676 wrote:
I hammered because no one else had the balls to do it.
Care to explain, Mist?

@ Cirno: Who would you have preferred for a lynch yesterday?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (isolation #37) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:Also,
>Mist
>Explain
So, what, you're just totally giving up on Mist?

CrackHead wrote:And yes I did nopoint I did draw that, it took me a while.
Dedication.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (isolation #38) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:39 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:
Hoppster wrote:So, what, you're just totally giving up on Mist?
You mean giving up on lynching her? I'm still willing to lynch her, but voting her at this point accomplishes nothing. She is not going to be pressured and she is not going to change her playstyle. Better to use Day 2 to look into the other players than worry about a person who is impossible to get a read on.
No, I meant that it seems like you're abandoning her as a lost cause for reasoning.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (isolation #39) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:Forgot about the 4 vote thing. Not gonna bother arguing with yall. Preemptively refusing to claim to make things interesting.
... to make things interesting?

That's really incredibly unhelpful. Really. If you're town, it may be helpful to you yourself to get information, but if you're just going to be lynched anyway what's the point?

Cirno wrote:Um, you can threaten to hammer be we've already gone over this. Either hammer or stop wasting time
You're encouraging him to hammer you?

This is just like when I felt that you were pressuring me to hammer KC; now you're pressuring mothrax into hammering you imo, even though you seem(ed?) to be against both. This is like my point above - if this is in the pursuit of information, it's way too risky, as you may get lynched in the process and if you're town we're likely at lylo.

mothrax wrote:I am p. solid on Cirno scum. But like I said, I am waiting to hear from others before I hammer.
mothrax wrote:Cirno is also prob town. Scum wouldn't be dumb enough to draw that much attenetion to themselves in RVS.
What happened to this line of reasoning?

Cirno wrote:I'm trying to convince myself to argue against your lynch as the obvious scum tactic is to push your lynch right now. You are making that really difficult. If you can't be bothered to play properly do me a favor and replace out. Thanks.
Still thinking this now you're at L-1?

@ nopoint: What do you think of Cirno's decision to exclude you and I from close analysis?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (isolation #40) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:Hoppster has little content, continues to do a lot of pointless questioning and is one of those 'Refuse to vote Mist on day 1, wagon Mist on day 2' guys. Your content is also thin, though your questions seem to have a bit more purpose than Hoppster. Both of you seem to take the game more seriously than anyone else here. I can't call either of you town, but I find the others more suspicious at this time.
1) Me wagoning Mist? ¿Que? Granted, I wouldn't be completely against a Mist lynch and have been contemplating it, but I wouldn't say that I'm a strong push-push wagonerer of her.

2) I'm also confused by your sentiment that I'm taking the game more seriously but I'm also pointlessly questioning. By that, do you mean pedantic, over-cautious or just simply pointless?

mothrax wrote:Was that a hammer? Hmm. I wasn't done with the day yet.
What exactly do/did you want to achieve this day? You seem set on a Cirno lynch atm.

mothrax wrote:Note to self: nopoint questioning commences tomorrow.
Would this have been regardless of the Cirno flip?

drmyshottyizsik wrote:No point I see Moth as my one very strong town read. I will not sheep you on this one.
Saying someone is not scum due to the work they put into a game is dumb. If anything he is scum for having to work so hard. Town just think and post. Mafia have to fake a train of thought.
mothrax wrote:I do think you are putting a lot of effort into this game though, which I haven't seen you do as scum.
mothrax wrote:@nopoint and cirno: I have a town read on shotty mainly because of the effort he is putting into this game. I have not seen him doing that as scum.
Shotty sees moth as his one strong town read. Moth has a strong town read on shotty. Curiously, shotty's opinion is that working harder is scummy, whilst mothrax's town read on shotty is due to (at least in part) his opinion that shotty is working hard, which is against shotty's scum meta (which FYI I don't trust anyway).

mothrax wrote:oh, fos=finger of suspicion. a weak vote placeholder imo. "I am suspicous of you, but not enough to vote you.
mothrax wrote:Shotty, between 119 and 121, you think I am scum hiding as town, after that you go "oh no, I never called you scum"
self contradiction is scummy.
FOS Shotty
Early on, mothrax seems to make clear his dislike of FoS and his suspicion of shotty*, whilst shotty is equally 'suspicious'*. However, mothrax later chooses to FoS shotty over voting him, and now with one incorrect lynch probably winding us up in lylo they now both have solid town reads on each other and are eager to defend.

* ISO the respective person. I've tried to stop this from turning into a huge wall. I will post the necessary quotes if people need me to.

Cirno wrote:
Moth

Votes: Shotty, Mist,
Kcdaspot
, Crackhead,
Cirno
After ISO'ing moth, I think Cirno is wrong here. I don't think he has actually voted shotty.

I'm thinking a shotty-moth scumteam right now (I don't understand why else shotty tries to pass off what may be an error by moth as a gambit). Seeing as moth already has two votes on him and looks to be the more likely lynch, VOTE: mothrax.

L-1
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #41) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Hoppster »

mothrax wrote:I will respond to my "flip-flopping" once I get to a comp since it requires quotes.
I'm not calling you out for changing your opinion on shotty, nor am I accusing you of flip-flopping. It's the weird timing in that it happened with both of you (and shotty), from shooting accusations at each other to both being confident of each other being town.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (isolation #42) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:I used the word wagoning 'cause it sounds cooler. To rephrase it, you had a town read on Mist Day 1 but a scum read on Day 2, though Mist's behavior hasn't changed at all.
Ah, right. Well, perhaps naively in hindsight, I did expect her to at least have some sort of consistency when she made a huge post of not wanting to hammer KC.

Cirno wrote:I mean that compared to some of the others you seem to actually be putting thought into the game, even if I don't think many of your questions are going to provide good information.
Got it. Thanks.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #43) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Hoppster »

mothrax wrote:@nopoint: me calling cirno town then scum came with 5 day irl and one night in game in between it, in which I had plenty of time to reread. Yea, RVS made Cirno seem more town than scum, but her interactions with the KC wagon scream scum.

The same can be said for my shotty read. I was leaning scum on him but then when you pointed out his meta, I looked back and changed my mind on him. He is my weakest town read if it means anything.

and since I have heard from some people and gotten time to review, lets end this day...

Vote: Cirno
You sensed the tide was turning, feared shotty/CrackHead/Mist changing wagon so decided to end the day? Hmm.

@ Cirno: If possible, please post any info learnt before day closes.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (isolation #44) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by Hoppster »

I agree with shotty & nopoint. mothrax's hammer was just... Scummy or selfish.

FoS:
mothrax
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (isolation #45) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:59 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Vote: mothrax
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (isolation #46) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:05 pm

Post by Hoppster »

=====[]

Oops. Careless me. :0
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #47) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Ayup. >:)
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (isolation #48) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:16 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Lol. Never mind, NewbieScum can be pretty damn vicious.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (isolation #49) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:35 am

Post by Hoppster »

Thanks for modding, Mr. Flay. Loved the death scenes. And, well I personally had no inkling that Hazard was cop, dunno about shotty.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (isolation #50) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:52 am

Post by Hoppster »

^ From my biased viewpoint as scum I find it hard to say.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (isolation #51) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Hoppster »

We actually com'd over PM. I'll post up the messages soon.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (isolation #52) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Hoppster wrote:We actually com'd over PM. I'll post up the messages soon.
Oops. Forgot about this.

Pre-Game
Hoppster wrote:'Sup my scum-buddy.

I suspect that you are the more experienced of the two of us... so, any tips?
drmyshottyizsik wrote:mainly whatever you do dont buddy with me. do not creat any ties to me, but don't ignore me. only agree with me if what I'm saying makes sense. If I say something dumb call me out on it, and if I act scummy vote me. don't be reluctent to bus me. If I'm going down I will dress some one else up in a scummy tuxedo.
Hoppster wrote:Ok.

Anything regarding to buddying up to other people, fake-claiming etc?
drmyshottyizsik wrote:are you a role blocker?
Hoppster wrote:Nope. Plain Goon like you. (Right?)
drmyshottyizsik wrote:yes so that means that they either have a doctor or a cop. so incase of a fake claim you must fake claim doctor. any other questions?
Hoppster wrote:Nope, I'm good. Let's do this thang.

N1
Hoppster wrote:So...

I reckon we should kill Cirno. Any thoughts?

I'm happy with anybody tbh, but I'd rather we not kill Mist.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:Cirno and mist and moth must live. I say we kill Hazard with Glove.
Hoppster wrote:Actually, yeah. Makes sense.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:ok send the kill into the mod please
Hoppster wrote:Sent.

N2
Hoppster wrote:'Sup my scumbuddy. All is going well!

I presume that we're going to try and target mothrax for the lynch tomorrow?

Candidates for NK: CrackHead and nopoint (I <3 Mist too much to kill her.)

While nopoint would probably be willing to vote mothrax tomorrow, I think it would make more sense for us to kill him.

Also, in terms of general strategy: hows about one of us claiming doc? In which case we could No Kill, then one of us claims doc protect on nopoint? (Or, possibly even you claim doc protect on myself?)

Reply ASAP.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:I want to kill Moth tonight it will make me look really good. You are very under the radar, and we should push a Crack Head lynch tomorrow. Moth doesn't look very scummy to me...
I mean I want to hear your thoughts... I guess if we killed Crack head that would be REALLY good too. Because you could start by attacking moth and get no point to vote him and I'll quick hammer asap.
Give me your thoughts, I'll let you choose.
Btw we are doing great
Hoppster wrote:We are doing epically. :cool:

Don't you think moth's hammer of Cirno was scummy coming so soon after he was at L-1? I would think that Cirno's town flip would incriminate mothrax as scum, because of his sudden change from Cirno is prob town to Cirno is scum. I don't paticularly want to kill mothrax, because I'm sure nopoint strongly feels mothrax is scum.

I'm happy with either CrackHead or nopoint. nopoint will probably be easier to persuade to vote mothrax, but if mothrax were scum I'm not sure he'd kill CrackHead.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:Hmmm... I think crack head is our best kill tbh. Send in the kill!
Hoppster wrote:K. I will be V/LA from later today until Thursday, so I may not be able to post much.

Nothing overly exciting.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (isolation #53) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:48 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Mist, your profile says you're 13. :shifty:

If we're suddenly into publicly disclosing our ages, I'm 15. I know, I may seem too awesome to be 15, but trust me, I am. :cool:

Also, I think age is largely irrelevant in mafia. If you can understand the concept and how to play, you're sorted. I think I've played & modded (RL) Mafia with an 8 year old in one of my 'Family/Friend Meetings', and yes, he did suck, but still managed to do reasonably well because a lot of the adults sucked, to a greater extent as well (some of them failing to grasp the concept of the Cop completely).
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (isolation #54) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Hoppster »

Cirno wrote:
@Shotty
: Are you a bad enough dude to make an avatar bet with me?
I win if
-You are mafia and town lynches you.
-You are town and your vote is on a town-aligned player at the end of each day phase that you survive.
You win if
-I am mafia and town lynches me.
-I am town and my vote is on a town-aligned player at the end of each day phase that I survive.

The winner chooses the loser's avatar for a month. If neither of us win, the bet is void. If both of us win we choose each other's avatar.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”