Newbie 1068 (Town Wins!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

1) Are you having fun yet?
Short answer: no. Long answer: nope.

2) Chocolate or vanilla?
Vanilla.

3) How many Mafia games have you played (here or elsewhere)?
Two others online, many in the real world.

4) Lynch all Liars?
Usually.

5) Math or Sports?
Poetry.

6) Lynch all Lurkers?
Often.

7) What do you think of the RVS?
I don't think in or about RVS.VOTE: neil1113.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Okay. But really. Who's gonna claim scum? I wanna win this. Now.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

UNVOTE: neil
VOTE: Fatso

I asked that question before reading. It seems someone already has claimed scum...
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:41 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Shanman wrote: WingDamage9001, more questions:
WingDamage9001's Questions1) What did you see that screamed out
"I'M SCUM"
in such an ear-piercing, vote-bringing screech? (I have my own reasons, but what are yours?)

2) Why didn't you put them in your post?

3) Are you keeping up with the reading?

4) Why haven't you contributed more? (Not in quantity,
quality
)

5) Did you know that you were hopping a bandwagon?
1) To be honest, nothing "screamed" it at me. I saw him go for no lynch, then play newb card (which I guess might be acceptable in a newb game), and he's made the first scummy posts in the thread.

2) Didn't have time. I should have put "more to come" in my post. Sorry.

3) Yes.

4) Haven't had time.

5) Yes. I want to hear more from Fatso. Letting the wagon pick up speed a bit will probably do that.
Kcdaspot wrote:HELLO THERE SCUM.

vote wing

You'll give me better posts/ good reads if you want this vote off
Hi. I'm not really interested in getting that vote off, I'm more interested in getting it on scum. I will be contributing more from now forward, I haven't been here. Sorry.
Fatso wrote:Gracias for the defense, RayFrost.
How exactly have I claimed scum?
Hm. Rayfrost is your scumbuddy/coach? Nice to know, I'll be sure to remember it. You claimed scum by being the first scummy person. If another case pops up, I may change my mind.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (isolation #4) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

MaxKojote wrote:Glad to see you agree. I guess I should put forward a vote since all I;m doing is pointing a myriad of fingers of various levels of suspicion. Seeing as you are very eager for a quick lynch, Wing, shall we start with you?

VOTE: WingDamage9001
When did I call for a lynch? I didn't realize scumhunting was scummy.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:48 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

MaxKojote wrote: FOS: WingDamage9001

Been reading through the topic, Wing's eagerness to get a lynch done practically screams "I want to kill someone!", possibly followed silently by "And I wanna kill someone else tonight!". Mafia is not a game about speed, until you're approaching the deadline and still have no-one set as a lynch. Probability-wise, we have the higher chance of lynching a member of the town, so a speedlynch is likely to hit them. The eagerness to run into that without first drawing out information and reactions from people suggests a more scummy mindset from someone not willing to let the town get a chance to gather information.
First, why FOS when you have a vote? It's like you're trying to get others to vote for you. Second, once again, I don't want a lynch. I want information, and votes get that. My vote was on a BW, and on purpose. I want to hear more from Fatso. So your point is moot, as I am trying to pull out information. If Fatso were to hit L-2 or so, I would unvote if the case weren't strong enough yet.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:41 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Fatso wrote:@Shanman: That was for seeming over eager. Basically what several others have said.
This is why Fatso is scum supreme. It's barning at its best(worst).
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (isolation #7) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:02 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Fatso wrote:I'm not barning, I just happen to agree on this point. There's a difference.
There is a difference, but you aren't doing the right thing. Without offering your own opinions and explanations, you're barning. And right now, you're barning.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:57 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Your opinion doesn't have to be different. Just say things in your own words. This is advice for the future for you. It helps everyone if you do, because everyone can understand everyone better. :)
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:00 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

MaxKojote wrote:Glad to see you agree. I guess I should put forward a vote since all I;m doing is pointing a myriad of fingers of various levels of suspicion. Seeing as you are very eager for a quick lynch, Wing, shall we start with you?

This post feels very town to me, other than the voting me part ;)

It offers clear explanations, and there's no attempt to hide things. Now compare this to a Fatso post. There's a difference. Fatso is scummy.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

@Kcda: Which post do you want a reply to? I'm not sure which you mean.

@neil: not yet.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:25 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Kcdaspot wrote:
Kcdaspot wrote:VOTE: wing

this is the best lynch now.

"1)Hi. 2)I'm not really interested in getting that vote off, 3)I'm more interested in getting it on scum. I will be contributing more from now forward, I haven't been here. Sorry."

1) "OH SHIT YOU VOTED ME"
2) "I DON'T GIVE A DAMN THAT YOU VOTED ME"
3) "LOOKLOOKLOOK SEE? I'M TOWN!!!!!! "

scum trying to hard to be town.

CLASSIC scumtell
Ok.
1) Oh look, you voted me.
2) I'm not really interested in your vote.
3) I am town. But that's not the issue. The issue is that there are scum, and I want to find them. So you voting me will get us nowhere.

Your post wasn't much of a "case." It was more of a...nothing. All you did was take my post, and turn it into a scum post. I did not make a scum post, you did.
FOS Kcda

I don't think your scum, yet, but you definitely aren't on my town list.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:24 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Kcdaspot wrote:The way i use null, it means i can't tell one way or another.

Wing: I'm still reading overeaction in that post. and you haven't done a stellar job of defending your self.

also in your ISO #9. explain why you call a post that you dismiss early town here?
Because it was a good example. I never said in my first response that the post was scummy. I said that he was wrong on one point. Later, when I wanted an example of a town-ish post, I saw that one, and used it. It was the first one I saw.

And I don't see what I'm defending myself from. Nobody has made an actual case against me. This early in the game, I'm scumhunting more than anything. I don't really care if I'm put under suspicion unless the person suspecting me is scummy. Everyone is put under scrutiny at one point or another, I just see it as a natural progression. We're barely out of RVS, and there are no real cases yet. I don't see a reason to take up space with a defense against nothing.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

MaxKojote wrote:I was going to say it hadn't been two days, then I realised I was wrong. >>

Also, shouldn't you be skiing?

-

Haven't said anything because I don't really have anything other than fluff. Or barning. I could say 'I agree' a lot, but that really would not contribute a great deal.

Looking through some of the more recent posts; Jora, I'm actually curious behind your motivation to send Neil up to the noose. Could you share your reasoning? Inquiring minds want to know. Or well, at least one does. >>
UNVOTE:
VOTE: MaxKojote

Really? No opinions at all? You lurk until being prodded, and then post this? Scum trying to stay below the radar. I want more out of you than that.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Fatso wrote:Screw my theory about Wing being "to scummy to be scum." His last post is just plain ridiculous:
Vote: WingDamage9001
What's ridiculous about it? I want to hear more from people who are lurking. That's how you find scum.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Shanman

/barn everyone. Generally scummy play, I'd like to hear a better defense.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Just a note, talking extensively about "scum motivated" tactics is a very town thing to do. It's the kind of language you use when you scum hunt. The only time you really refer to town motivations is when you are asking what the town motivation for something might be. I would never try to build up a case around how many times someone said the word "scum." Unless I were trying to prove that they were scum hunting, and therefore town. But otherwise, it's a null point.

Right now, I see no useful cases on anyone. I also can't think of any myself. It seems that the scum are either very quiet, or very good. I'm not sure which. The only post I'm seeing at this point that says anything to me is:
neil1113 wrote:
Instead of going through your opinionated case against me, since opinion can argue opinion all day I'll leave that out. To put it simply, Shanman is the only one who's caught my attention with the amount of "Scum" talk that he's portrayed. It's not about how many times you say scum, like Oompa Loompa (Opa, whatever) over here mocked me with earlier on in his post, it's about the mind set in which you talk about the game. The point in catching scum, which Ray I would hope you'd understand this, is figuring out are they posting because their role title says town, or scum? You can judge that, by the mindset in which they approach the game. 99% of people play differently when they have different roles. The few that don't are either ingenious, or VI's. And please explain to me, if you believe you've "caught" the 2nd scum, who did you "catch" as the 1st scum? I do hope you're not referring to me, because 1. I'm not scum. 2. I'm not scummy. And 3. You're relatively opinionated case isn't one that could even be refuted without basically saying "nunh unh! You're wrong!"
This is a long paragraph. It has no real content in it. That is a scum tactic, that is, to post enough to be noticed, without saying anything noticeable. Also, there is no case that can't be refuted in another way than "nuh uh!"
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Shanman wrote: Though I'm happy you've revised your opinion on my case, 1) Why are you still voting for me, 2) why did you vote for me in the first place if you don't believe in what Neil was saying, and 3) What was the "Generally scummy play" that you wanted me to defend?
1) I don't usually unvote until I'm prepared to make a new vote, unless someone has brought the person I'm voting for to L-1 or so. But for you, UNVOTE: Shanman. :)

2) I didn't agree with that part of the case, and honestly at this point Neil is my top candidate for scum. But other points against you were valid. Which brings me to:

3)
Don't forget that scum should be making arguments too. If they don't, suspicion falls on them for not scum hunting. If someone is pushing a particularly weak or flimsy case on someone, he/she could be scum trying to look like they're doing stuff. However, I do get what you're saying.
This, mostly. This post feels like some really bad coaching from you. I wanted to put more pressure on you so that I could see your response, and I've liked it. For now, you've been moved back to neutral on my list. But I would like more explanation for the post that I quoted.

In other news, I suppose I should VOTE: Neil.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #281 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Fatso wrote:I'm keeping my vote on Wing. He's swinging a loaded gun around quite a bit.
Don't really have an opinion on the whole Ray/Shanman thing anymore.
Mhm. And so you're voting me why?
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

neil1113 wrote:While I'm still iffy on you Shan,

UNVOTE: Shanman

Notice how he's going after the "lynch probable candidates" rather then making his own cases? Yeah... he's scum.
I'm going after lynch probable scum. If you want to lynch me, I don't mind. Just remember my cases in the morning.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:58 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Nobody Special wrote:I am not seeing the case on neil. I need to re-read, but that will be later tonight. It does help that one of my scumreads (Wing) is on the neil wagon, though.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Wingdamage9001

Let's do this. I'll even start your wagon for you.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:42 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

I'm not using it as a way to prove I'm town. I'm using it as a way to have fun. This is a game...

Unvote
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (isolation #22) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Well then you need to examine what people will and will not do for teh lulz.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (isolation #23) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:04 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

So who do you think will be lynched Neil?
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (isolation #24) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:53 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

neil1113 wrote:
WingDamage9001 wrote:So who do you think will be lynched Neil?
The way I see things, you. If not, it will either be left to Shanman, or possibly even Ray.

And Opa, really? Role fishing? You should face palm, in fact, make sure you slam your palm so hard into your face that you'll get some sense.
If that's what it takes for you guys to be even a little logical, fine. UNVOTE:

I'm at L-1, who wants to hammer?
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Nobody Special wrote:I'm going to

UNVOTE:

because I don't like that he's self-voted, and I'm not comfortable with him being at L-1 with the lull in activity.

WingDamage, other than playing the game "for teh lulz" and not taking it very seriously, do you have anything else to say for yourself? Who do you think is scum?
I'm not playing for teh lulz, I self-voted for teh lulz, at least the first time. I do take it seriously, and I seriously am trying to lynch myself. This town needs some direction, and knowing that my analysis came from a town perspective will give it direction. I think that Fatso and Neil are scum. I am sure that at least one of them is.
Sorry everyone... I've had a couple problems lately. I can't believe no one has bugged me about that report I was supposed to give you on Friday! (I'm reminding you so you can do it now.) I'll have it up by tomorrow.
*Bugging you*
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:32 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Look, I don't know why it's taken people so long to come around, but it seems at least some people here are paying attention. Fatso is scum. I've been telling you.
Unvote
Vote Fatso
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (isolation #27) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

The self-vote was entirely town motivated. If we lynched me, the remaining town members would have information to work with, including the people who lead the wagon, and the fact that my reads were from a town standpoint. If I rack up more votes again, I will self-vote, as I feel any lynch is a step forward for the town at this point in time. I would prefer a Fatso lynch, as he is scum, but lynching me will serve the same purpose.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (isolation #28) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Side note: I've seen neil's scumplay; this ain't it. Therefore, neil is certainly town.
This is a horrible meta call. You look scummy. I don't like it.
I know this sounds like sheeping/barning/whateveryouwanttocallit, but I was going to say roughly the same thing.
This is the acceptable type of barning. :)
First question: Because Wing is so obviously, painfully town that only a scum would be seeing him as scummy right now.
How's that?
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (isolation #29) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

MaxKojote wrote:I have to admit, you get brownie points for coming up with all those variations, Ice Beam.
:lol:
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #451 (isolation #30) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Fatso wrote:Never mind the Wing/Jora thing... I was just noticing that they seem quite disconnected from one another, which tends to be a scum team trait, but it's not enough to make me overly suspicious.
In the mean time I'll
Unvote: Wing

just because I was reading through and noticed a few towny things about you, but still VERY suspicious. :shifty:
What? This is a post about nothing. Somebody said something about your vote on me being scummy, so you unvote and try to surround it with "logic."

Can we please lynch this scum and move on?
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #542 (isolation #31) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Kcdaspot wrote:I have to return to work.

you see (i may have posted this before)

I have a odd schedule.

everyday at 4pm a go to stock bread and i get off about 2 hours later depends on how fast I work. I work everyday.

wensdays and sundays are special. I go twice.

I WILL have content up tonight. if not go ahead and hammer. because replacing this close to deadline is robbing you all of a good game.

again i'm very sorry i'm not as active as i should have been.
I almost feel bad. But this game is going nowhere. If Kcdaspot flips town, I suppose this may seem very scummy. However, I don't think he will. So UNVOTE: Fatso, VOTE: Kcdaspot. Goodnight, everyone.
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #549 (isolation #32) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:57 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Interesting. We'll see how that holds up.
Vote Rayfrost
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #552 (isolation #33) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:00 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

I mean, yeah, you're almost 100% not lying. Actually, there's no way you're lying. Gogo Rayfrost lynch!
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #575 (isolation #34) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:14 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Well done everyone. Sorry for almost lynching you, Fatso.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”