Newbie 1086 (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:50 am

Post by Space Pope »

Ok, I am a fellow SE. As such, you can expect me not to teach you how to play. I will not hold back. I will play as if you are all non noobs.

Now to begin.

First off, I don't like how Zengar voted the mod. A random vote is one thing (as it at least gives us connections later), but voting the mod is worthless. Scum points there.

I also do not like Jason's post 22. Preemptively giving an excuse (3am comment) for not knowing what rocky meant.

Next I do not like matt's 26. Implying that he is town is pretty scummy. ("Scum do not react to bandwagon, I am nervous of a bandwagon"= I am not scum).

vote: projectmatt
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Space Pope »

A mod vote is scummy whereas a random vote is not. The mod is not scum, therefore voting the mod is the same as not voting at all. Not voting does not give town information (early game scum distancing for instance). Voting someone, even if they say it is random, is still forming connections for later.

Post 31- Again saying you are town without trying to prove it. Plus the whole- This isn't OMGUS, but... seems a bit like preemptively trying to defend your post against being called OMGUS = scummy.

JasonT- Whether or not you claim to not know somethign isn't the issue. The issue was preemptively defending yourself. I find people who preemptively defend themselves more likely scum since scum know when they do something scummy and are more likely to try and mitigate the risk by getting out in front of it first.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:37 am

Post by Space Pope »

projectmatt wrote:
Space Pope wrote:A mod vote is scummy whereas a random vote is not. The mod is not scum, therefore voting the mod is the same as not voting at all. Not voting does not give town information (early game scum distancing for instance). Voting someone, even if they say it is random, is still forming connections for later.

Post 31- Again saying you are town without trying to prove it. Plus the whole- This isn't OMGUS, but... seems a bit like preemptively trying to defend your post against being called OMGUS = scummy.
While making that post, I actually thought that the mods were playing also. This is my first game here, so I hope you can at least excuse that as an embarrassing mistake.

Also, prove to me that you're town. Do it. Right now. You can't, can you? You can say you're town all you want, but you can't prove it. The only "proof" is in the words that you say, and the things that you do.
This also answer's MOI's question to me. Implying that you are town is scummy. Town do not try and imply that they are town, they show it through their actions. Scum on the other hand have anti-town actions mixed in with town-looking actions. By implying that they are town, they try to mitigate their anti-town actions.

Also-
projectmatt, ISO 0 wrote:Ah, I'm excited to finally see this start of this. This is my first game
but I've played several hundred games of mafia on another website
so I think I'll understand the basics, at least. This site seems to have the same basic terminology that most mafia games do, so let's get this started.
projectmatt, ISO 4 wrote:While making that post, I actually thought that the mods were playing also. This is my first game here, so I hope you can at least excuse that as an embarrassing mistake.
Tell me, on this other site were the mods players? Didn't that seem to be a bit unbalanced if the mods know all of the roles in the game and who has them?

Ya... lying scum.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:39 am

Post by Space Pope »

MOI- ??? Why did you only quote the first sentence in the paragraph as an answer to your question? I said exactly why it is scummy. Now onto the two quotes I posted. He is lying that he thought the mod was in the game. 1) It is an excuse to why he voted Zach. 2) He lied. Lynch all liars. What excuse would he have for lying about that as town? He is scum.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:38 am

Post by Space Pope »

TOGTFI- I was saying that he lied about thinking the mod was a player, not that he has played a lot of games.

MOI- "Implying that you are town is scummy." Followed by saying that it will take more than that looked like you were arguing just this basic premise and not looking at why it is true. I concede that point.

Shit... I thought that that was off. The way matt was going on about how he thought the mod was a player, made me think that he was the one who voted. Makes me wonder why he would lie about that then except to possibly defend someone (town cred or protecting scumbuddy).

MOI- Can I prove what he was thinking? No, but you can't really prove anything in a game of mafia, you can only make logical inferences based on what is presented to you. That is what I did.

Matt- Were the mods playing in the same game they were modding? That seems illogical.

Though, looking back, I find the whole Matt thing a bit off, but when Matt didn't vote me or FOS me for attacking him, I think he is more town than not.

unvote
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Space Pope »

He didn't ignore me. He addressed the points I made against him, defended himself, but didn't attack me or try and discredit me in any way. I was expecting he would be a player who would attack his attacker as scum. He didn't do this and I think it makes him more town.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:20 am

Post by Space Pope »

ZengarZombolt wrote:EBWOP:
MagnaofIllusion wrote: Your response was to not directly answer but first show how the wagon on Project was baseless (in your opinion) and then to try to say that the RVS votes mean Rocky was not really at L-2.
Actually this holds true. Until the votes are presented with proper reasoning, you can't really have them count as being actually there unless we had a very dangerous case like L-1 or a full lynch. But on those cases, scumtells would have been oh so obvious, almost sacrificial. You could say that vote
prevented
scum from voting further on Rocky since it would have been very suspicious with what little reasoning there is normally so early.
Don't understand the whole prevention part. Are you saying that scum wouldn't put someone at L-2 because it would be too suspicious?
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:49 am

Post by Space Pope »

Jason- Town votes for unvoting someone to give replacement a chance to catchup, I agree with this a little but not in this scenario when Mogri was the only one voting the slot and there was no pressure on the slot. Null

Mogri- Voting based on statistics is pretty scummy. The reason being is that you lower the threshold you need to justify a vote on someone. Then later defending it as you were only joking...

Jason- I thought he was lying as I thought he was the one who voted the Mod (from the fact that, I think, he explained that he came from he thought the mod was in the game as well. This is also why my point still stuck a bit about lying). The reason being is that if you've played 1000s of forum games elsewhere, you wouldn't think the Mod would be in the game? The explanation of EM mitigates this.

Mod can we get a prod on Zengar?
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:53 am

Post by Space Pope »

Space Pope wrote:
ZengarZombolt wrote:EBWOP:
MagnaofIllusion wrote: Your response was to not directly answer but first show how the wagon on Project was baseless (in your opinion) and then to try to say that the RVS votes mean Rocky was not really at L-2.
Actually this holds true. Until the votes are presented with proper reasoning, you can't really have them count as being actually there unless we had a very dangerous case like L-1 or a full lynch. But on those cases, scumtells would have been oh so obvious, almost sacrificial. You could say that vote
prevented
scum from voting further on Rocky since it would have been very suspicious with what little reasoning there is normally so early.
Don't understand the whole prevention part. Are you saying that scum wouldn't put someone at L-2 because it would be too suspicious?
Ahem.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:12 am

Post by Space Pope »

I'm waiting on zengar to actually answer a question I gave him, but he only gets on like every 2 days... I have 2 scum reads, but I want to see if I can get a connection between them established to strengthen it.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Space Pope »

Obvious one is Zengar, but I'm waiting on him to actually post an answer to my question to which I have more. The other I don't want to say at this point yet.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:13 am

Post by Space Pope »

This is frustrating....

Mod: Can you prod Zengar

I know I'm being a little inactive, but I'm trying to form a case with Zengar.

Runner- If you think we shouldn't be talking about fallacies as it would stagnate the game, why not come up with something else to talk about to keep it from stagnating?
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:06 am

Post by Space Pope »

Fuck...

Vote: Mogri

My two biggest suspiciouns are/were Mogri and Zengarbolt. Don't have access to my notes right now, but from memory it revolves around Mogri's loaded question/refusal to answer, going off on fallacies. Zengar is less so now. I felt he was actively lurking (but that is now striken), and I when I asked Zengar to elaborate on something and he didn't AND Mogri tried to answer for him, I felt a bit of a connection. I was waiting for Zengar to participate and then try and see if Mogri would continue answering his questions or that he would somehow post something that would either link them moreso or would be flat out scummy.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Space Pope »

TOGTFO wrote:
Space Pope wrote: My two biggest suspiciouns are/were Mogri and Zengarbolt. Don't have access to my notes right now, but from memory it revolves around Mogri's loaded question/refusal to answer, going off on fallacies. Zengar is less so now. I felt he was actively lurking (but that is now striken), and I when I asked Zengar to elaborate on something and he didn't AND Mogri tried to answer for him, I felt a bit of a connection. I was waiting for Zengar to participate and then try and see if Mogri would continue answering his questions or that he would somehow post something that would either link them moreso or would be flat out scummy.
Can you please show where mogri answered for Zengarbolt? I must be overlooking it. I am guessing he answered the L-2 question which you are so hung up about. I am not sure how that was a strong bases for a case on Zengar.
Yes it was that. It made me look at Zengar. His actively lurking made it seem like mogri was helping him lurk, if that makes sense. It wasn't a strong connection like I said, but I wanted Zengar to participate more and I was trying to see if I could form a connection from that (which is why I didn't say my number 2 suspect to tip Mogri off).

And no, Mogri, that is not why I'm voting you as you just happen to suggest *cough* strawmanning *cough*. It has a lot to do with the fact that you refused to answer a question, more so than flat out refusal but tried to get around it, and the whole fallacy thing.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Space Pope »

Mogri wrote:If it helps, Zengar was replaced, so he wasn't so much "actively lurking" as "not here at all." I really don't get why you think my connection with Zengar makes me scummy if you no longer think Zeng -- er, Jerako -- is scummy. I mean, why'd you even bring it up?
To explain why I was waiting for Zengar, obv. I don't think that makes you scummy, I gave other reasons why.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:12 am

Post by Space Pope »

No way will I support a No lynch. I have no strong town reads.

Mogri- Everyone who is voting for you is essentially wanting you to claim (I don't see how in this setup someone would not want their suspect to claim before they get hammered). Therefore when another person not on the wagon wishes for you to claim, that is a majority of the players wanting you to claim.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #288 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Space Pope »

1) Whenever someone says xxx is town near the hammer, but do not present an alternative, I find it very scummy.

2) Whenever someone votes another player for voting them, I find it scummy.

Both of these apply to matt. The second is a bit different in this instance, as Matt said he found jason scummy before voting and even said he needed to reread and find specific posts for a case. However, Matt abandoned this and just votes Jason for voting him.

Mogri- Why are you letting Matt off the hook for 1)? His answer was that it was a mistake. Do you find it more than likely that he forgot? Is sheeping scummier than distancing from a mislynch?
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Space Pope »

MOI- Yes, I meant you. Sorry 'bout that. You didn't answer which of the two you felt would be scummier. You say you have strong concerns (infering that you mean you think he could be scum?). Not very solid, whereas you are willing to vote Jason for sheeping. I'm just curious as to why you are voting Jason over Matt.

Matt- I agree with Stefunny, 2 times in a row you fail to bring a case. Stalling would be my guess, until you prove me otherwise.

Also, not liking how the focus today is all on Matt/Jason. Some of the other players need to step up with the activity and quality of posts- TOGTFO, Jerako, Runner in particular.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:47 am

Post by Space Pope »

MOI- I know, I like asking questions I already know :wink: You haven't unvoted Jason yet, which is what I would expect since you are "siding" with Jason a bit more. Also, I never said the less active are scummy, just that they need to post more. It would be easy for scum to hide in the background.

Stefunny- Must have forgotten about that... even though Runner was lurking/inactive I find this slot to be townie, as everything I think in response to the above, Stefunny posts before I do.

TOGTFO- Do you think Matt has been purposely misrepping Jason?
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:28 am

Post by Space Pope »

Jerako wrote:
@Jerako, TOGTFO – you both need to make some sort of solid post outlining you scum suspect soon.

My suspicions on Jason haven't changed in the slightest. If anything, the way he's making a coherent, sensible argument now against matt worries me
more.
He's clearly intelligent enough to realize that some of the things he was saying D1 were ridiculous.
And if he didn't defend himself as well?
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:21 am

Post by Space Pope »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Notice that he's once again fixated on ONE player (this time Project) and that his 'suspicion' of Stefunny is just window dressing. He hasn't addressed her once.

He's still playing quite clearly to his scum meta.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this apply to both you and Project Matt today? I haven't seen you two really go after anyone else.

Though I am defending here, but Jason-town is behaving in a way I find normal. His biggest scumread is attacking him, therefore both his defense and attack is pointed at the aggressor. It is reasonable for me to think that he would focus on his attacker and at the same time his biggest scumread (which happens to be the same player).

TOGTFO- You missed my question, Do you think Matt has been purposely misrepping Jason?

Jerako- Think about that for a second. If Jason defends well, he is scum. If he defends badly, he is scum. You seem to have made up your mind beforehand on Jason being scum. What about D1 made Jason so scummy?
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (isolation #21) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Space Pope »

Caught scum

I'm the cop

Nice 1-1 you did there jason....
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #351 (isolation #22) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Space Pope »

So you are scum then? and not town trying to get out of a lynch?

And yes, twilight talk is allowed.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (isolation #23) » Mon May 02, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by Space Pope »

Got a guilty result, w00t! It's pretty late for me so we'll lynch them tomorrow.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #363 (isolation #24) » Tue May 03, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Space Pope »

1) Yes I did fake claim. I was reaction fishing as I thought Jason was town. Two cops would make scum act weird. Great reaction by Jason, lawl.

2) I came on last night trying to get a reaction when I said I got a guilty, continuing the "farce" for a bit since there is a doc and outting a possible cop wouldn't hurt town (2-3 confirmed players, the cop and the investigated)

3) Also, why would I counter my scum partner instead of letting him out the cop? And then go and target no one to kill? I know, I know WIFOM, but still....

Based on the results, I would say scum is TOGTFO or Jerako. Trying to outguess Jason, I would say he would give an innocent on Jerako to validate his claim a bit. That leaves TOGTFO (project is doubtful scum).

Vote: TOGTFO
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #366 (isolation #25) » Tue May 03, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Space Pope »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
SpacePope wrote:1) Yes I did fake claim. I was reaction fishing as I thought Jason was town. Two cops would make scum act weird. Great reaction by Jason, lawl.

Um this doesn’t make much sense, at least the reaction fishing part. Had Jason been Town Cop the logical reaction would to immediately vote you as counter-claiming scum. Because Town has no reason to counter-claim if they are Vanilla.

What would have been your reaction had Jason voted for you?

The reaction fishing was mainly for matt since he was active at the time. I wanted to see how he would react, but before I could un cc, Jason hammered himself. I EXPECTED Jason to vote me. I thought he was town. Hell, if he was scum I expected him to try and get me lynched, if only to save a NK.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #368 (isolation #26) » Tue May 03, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Space Pope »

... What is the point? I thought it was a pretty common gambit. Scum act much differently when two town claim the 1 PR in a game.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (isolation #27) » Tue May 03, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Space Pope »

matt- Why Jerako over TOGTFO? I would think the fact that Jason claimed an investigative result on Jerako, Jerako is less likely scum. The reason being is that I wouldn't think Jason would put the spotlight on his Jerako-scum when he could hide behind Stefunny, yourself, and TOGTFO.

Stefunny- Also, that would mean that I submitted no night action. I don't see that as reasonable when it would be D3 1 v 5. Do you think scum would CC his partner, making it so that scum would be lynched no matter what, and then submit a no lynch, all the while hoping on a 50/50 chance that there isn't a real cop in the setup?
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #380 (isolation #28) » Thu May 05, 2011 6:46 am

Post by Space Pope »

unvote

Will have to read some ISOs
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (isolation #29) » Sat May 07, 2011 10:12 am

Post by Space Pope »

Reading ISOs, I find Jerako more scummy than Jason, though I can see Jason-scum trying to win over Jerako to unvote by calling him an innocent which makes it all a bit iffy.

I'm willing to lynch Jerako over TGTFO (which I believe is L-1 by intent, not votes). I'd say Jerako should claim.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #398 (isolation #30) » Mon May 09, 2011 3:33 am

Post by Space Pope »

I want a claim...
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (isolation #31) » Mon May 09, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Space Pope »

Unvote

Vote: Para

We shouldn't make anyone else claim today so the doc has more room to hide.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (isolation #32) » Thu May 12, 2011 2:18 am

Post by Space Pope »

Mass claim today, that makes 4 of us in agreement...

I am a VT.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (isolation #33) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:28 am

Post by Space Pope »

TOGTFO wrote:What this means, is that mafia took a gambit and hoped there was not a cop. If there wasn't, then
SpacePope
Jason could have been cleared as cop for an easy win.

FTFY

I have something I want to say, but I'm waiting for mass claim to end as well.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #426 (isolation #34) » Thu May 12, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Space Pope »

Now that that is over, here is what I've been thinking since MoI claimed cop:

There are no confirmed town.

MoI-scum: Seeing a cop claim and knowing that there is only 1 PR (since it would be goon/goon), tried to kill me. This was heavily pushing on my mind as it makes little since for a RB not to think the doc would protect the cop claim. A RB should have RB'd me and then killed anyone who gave off doc vibes. Now, if it is goon/goon, they thought that there was only 1 PR and it was the outted cop so it was safe to kill me. Now when that happened, MoI was in the perfect position to counter me as the cop since he would have known I was lying (thinking that he would be believed over me, getting me mislynched [which is backed up by the fact that he threatened to vote me until, I believe, others voiced support in believing I was fakeclaiming, but I need to go back and read that again to be sure] or get me to back down like I did).

Projectmatt-scum: Last to claim, claimed doc. If there are 2 goons, then matt-scum would know there is no doc, and in fact, no NK'd just for the doc claim later.

I just wanted to point that out. With that in mind, I'd suggest everyone go reread or read some ISOs, ignoring the claims.

However, before I go back and read, I must say that I'd rank TOGTFO as most likely scum, followed by MoI, followed by Matt. MoI over Matt because Matt-scum would of had to believe I was the cop, and not killing someone that found him scummy and was likely to investigate him would be very bad scum play. MoI-scum scenerio is less risky.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (isolation #35) » Fri May 13, 2011 7:46 am

Post by Space Pope »

Confirming my last post, rereading does show that MoI did want to vote for me until everyone that was active called me town.

TOGTFO 365- This is interesting because lately TOGTFO has been saying the only possible scum is us two, even though here he states that MoI is town because he is the cop and I am town because gambit would be bad scum tactic.

Why now do you believe the bad scum tactic is most likely scum over unconfirmed cop?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOGTFO in ISO:

Comes in and is pointing out the banter between Experienced vs Noobs (might be a where he is trying to get us to talk to each other more to avoid being looked at too closely as a scum PR), enhanced by the fact he called himself the most newbie (which also raises up to excuse his scummy behavior as noobtells).

First mentions Jason (besides the above) by agreeing with him against Matt

Defends Mogri, but not in a “I feel he is town, but in that he is playing well-esq” Then coaches him into how to appear townie by scumhunting instead of trying to act overly town/defending

Then he distances from the Mogri wagon again by saying he is focused more on xxx, and that he won't hammer. But mentions that it is too late to get another wagon to lynch.

Calls his actions anti-town instead of scummy for not claiming.

D2, agrees that Jason is a good start for discussion, but then defends his actions as being a bad scum tactic, then puts Jason in middle of town/scum list.

D3, instantly believed cop claim and that there was a doc. Realizes later that scum must be between him and Jerako. Puts himself as self-sacrificing by agreeing to be on the chopping block, but then puts pressure on Jerako lurker to post
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, I'd say TOGTFO has been trying to appear townie, through mislynch distancing and lurking (to avoid posting scumtells); and he has seemed to subtly tried to defend Jason like he wanted to be able to bus him if he has to.

My vote is going to TOGTFO, but not voting yet until more discussion since this is MYLO.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #434 (isolation #36) » Fri May 13, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Space Pope »

How are they confirmed? Because the only way they'd be confirmed is if a RB flipped, which it didn't. There could be 2 goons, in which case, only 1 of them is an actual PR.

However, I find you independently scummy.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #442 (isolation #37) » Mon May 16, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Space Pope »

TOGTFO- So who do you feel is scum right now?

Also, if I was the RB, the day I CC'd I would know if there was a doc to protect me. I would either think that there were no PRs or 2 PRs (50/50 chance).

At Matt's post- 2xgoon would think that there were no doc when I claimed. If there was a RBer, then they thought there was a doc. If I am scum, I have to be the RBer and therefore would not have known if there was any PRs at the time I CC'd, therefore, wouldn't have known if I had to pretend to be saved by the doc by no NK or "hunt for the doc" and submit a NK.

Basically, we are at a stage where we are trying to guess the game intelligence of the remaining scum. Either they made a mistake and targetted a cop when their role would indicate there being a hidden doc (TOGTFO), saw an opening and took it to safely claim cop (MoI), or tried a risky scum gambit that would make the town think it was too risky to be scum (myself).

This makes it more difficult to access, because at any time a good player could play badly or a bad player could play well. It's very, very difficult to figure out. That is why I suggestted rereading each of us to see who played scummily. Keep in mind their later claims and if they fit the scum role (TOGTFO or myself had to be a mafia RBer, MoI a goon). Ignore the claims. Whether someone played scummy ranks higher than trying to say that xxx is town because scum wouldn't make that mistake or whatever.

Side point- Matt, do you use NK'd to me no killed or night killed?
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #445 (isolation #38) » Tue May 17, 2011 7:00 am

Post by Space Pope »

Matt- Have you reread or read ISOs yet? (Last question I asked you I meant to say mean and not me)

MoI- How about you? You seem to be relying on my CC'd as the reason why I'm not scum and then working from there to figure TOGTFO as scum. Have you read ISOs?
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (isolation #39) » Thu May 19, 2011 6:18 am

Post by Space Pope »

Vote: TOGTFO

I feel MoI's play has been more town than TOG's, therefore the vote.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #465 (isolation #40) » Thu May 19, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Space Pope »

Damn, I knew it. I just saw TOGTFO's play to be scummier, which outweighed the fact that TOG would have had to attempted to kill a cop when he should have known there was a doc and MoI's wanting to lynch me but not before others posted.

Comments for TOG- You need to post more, and when you make a scum/town list you need to post reasons. When I saw that the day before, I thought you put jason-scum in an easy position to bus and defend at.

Matt- I thought you were scum up until jason self hammer. I thought you were a bit too tunneled and you tunneled on someone I felt was town (doubly whammy). However, you managed to find scum and was able to get him lynched (albeit with help of scum bussing) and you did not replace out. When I mod my next game, you are more than welcome to join if you keep this up :)

MoI- Your welcome ;) gave you an easy slide for a bit until the last day, though you probably didn't need it. The bussing of Jason seemed like a genuine cop/guilty result (which I'm betting was your intention in case a doc flipped/claimed).

The gambit failed, unfortunately, in two respects. 1) It didn't give me any information on Matt like I hoped. 2) I didn't think through to the fact about a scenerio where a scum could counter counter claim me once they knew there wasn't a cop in the game. The reason why I did it was because I thought it was safe from a quick hammer as there was only the lynchee, myself (who had no intention of hammering), and matt who put the lynchee at L-1 (I would have backed out once I got the reaction I was looking for or until I thought someone else might get on), and that on the off chance that someone gets on and hammers, a real cop would have been dead if left alive (if there is a cop/doc the cop would be RB'd if there was no doc, would be NK'd) either by the town (scummy cop who can't get a result) or by scum. I did not think jason was scum and that he would hammer himself. Hell, I was even more surprised that I was alive come the next day (I was already looking at joining another game).

All in all, GG scum, and thanks for modding Zach!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”