Newbie 1046: Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #63 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:04 am

Post by chkflip »

Lost internets, but now it has returned. Will catch up as I can. Which will be very very soon. Thanks mod for not replacing me out. :D
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #64 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:29 am

Post by chkflip »

I like both Deer and Haylen's defense/etc thus far, but it could change with the course of the game. What I'm not exactly following is the flak on Deer for being last to /confirm. Isn't he a replacement for tj? Meaning it had to sit in tj's box for a bit before deer got it, which would be the same for Haylen iirc.

VOTE: Deer

[RVS reason here]

UNVOTE:

1. Is there any time coming up where we can expect you to not be very active? If I lose my internet again, but I don't see that happening.

2. Have you familiarized yourself with Mafia Discussion and the Wiki? Yes, but that doesn't mean I frequent them.

3. Have you read at least one completed game on site? I've played in several, obviously, but solely read? None.

4. What is your experience level? How many games have you played? I'd say I'm a solid SE but I've played under ten games in total though, half of which were on a site where they're more chit-chatty than anything.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #78 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by chkflip »

Constructing my eight-player read, will be finished (and therefore completely caught up) shortly.

Until then, Deer, I think you'll have to wait like everybody else. Though I will say, right off the bat, that hurri isn't looking very town right now.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #80 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Post by chkflip »

Awesome Poe

- Nothing strikes me as particularly odd until your second post in the game. It's not really the fact that you more or less contradict yourself in the post (because I fully grasp the concept) but moreso the persnickety attitude you have in it. I'd certainly
hope
you've been potty trained, so really that's just aggressive fluff and quite anti-town in my book. We don't need to slap-fight, we need to play Mafia. Having played a THOUSAND games, Mr. Exaggerator, you should know that.

- CWUTIDIDTHAR? See how harsh wordplay can offend people? Not exactly 'ad hom' but it's not exactly nice, either. Don't get me wrong, though, as I don't want us all holding hands singing freakin coombaya and roasting smores (s'more what?) or anything, but we should try to keep it civil.

- Only two posts later we see you again, being even more aggressive and now acquiring tunnelvision. Sure, it could be because of WIR's post between your two posts, but I see it more like scum trying to turn an FoS into a solid (looking) vote. Who are you to say that random thoughts don't get anywhere? I'm a heavy advocate for random thoughts -- I call it thinking outside of the box, which is exactly what WIR's 52 reads to me. It certainly isn't indicative to his alignment, not at all, but you seem to take anything he says and twist it to your scum-motivated liking. THEN, if blasting his thoughts wasn't enough... you... I don't even know what to call this spectacular contradiction. If thinking this randomly is worthless, why WASTE THE TIME (which is what you'd think) ANSWERING THEM? So you can build a fakecase against WIR, I see. And a weak one at that. The last sentence is like the cherry on top of this sweet scum!dae. "Your reason for voting Deer is not strong." And you picking apart three of his "worthless" random thoughts on top of a single tactic that put a sour taste in your mouth... that's better? I think not.

- Your final post strikes a chord with me as well. How do you know how scum will act? How does any of that wine help us in the
slightest
? The reddest of all the flags in this post is the fact that you point out that SCUM WANT TO BLEND IN TO TOWN WAGONS. Oh, OH, you mean like you blending so
perfectly
into WIR's wagon?

Deer

- Your RVS strikes me as odd only because I just finished a newbie game where one SE accused the other SE of this very thing... and was scum. Though, in this scenario here, it appears as if you're not serious and very much so RVS about it.

- As stated before, your second and sixth posts don't exactly match; however, I
think
I know where you were coming from. You're defending RVS in the second post by stating that it's more than fluff, but that doesn't mean (as you later clarify) that you like it any more than the next guy. So, basically, your posts two through seven read quite town motivated to me.

- Are your posts always so small? This is by
no means
a complaint, just wondering if you're bottling up the wall-beast for later or if I have these three sentence posts to happily look forward to for the rest of the game?

- Whoa... that last post seems more worried than you should be about my vote. You're still okay in my book, though.

Ghostlin

- OHSHI- thirteen posts in four pages!? Calm down, man, and leave some scumhunting for the rest of us.

- No, seriously.

- Ball-busting aside, you're either a very good townie I hope we keep around for as long as possible
or
you're the best damn scum I've ever seen. Period. Not to say you don't have the ability to do the latter, I'll just hope (until I catch a potential slip) it's the former. Keep 'em coming.

Haylen

- SHUUUUUUNNNNNNNN...

- You know, when I first read that intense wall of text in the Newbie Intro Haylen Style thread, I immediately thought "I look forward to playing a game of mafia with this person," and now? It's happening and I'm like "Crap, I'm playing way too many games to catch this woman if she's scum." Fortunately, I don't think you're scum either. Like Ghostlin, you've made a lot of progress in getting us out of RVS and into the right direction. All while being a boss IC. I can dig it.

hurristat

- Awesome! And hey, apology accepted, I'm glad you're caught up. I was kinda just giving you a hard time to gauge your reaction, it's not like I've been posting buttloads since I got my internet back.

- Do you have anything from your fresh perspective to give us now that you've read the four pages?

- Who's your
second
scumpick?

nikitakit

- Like hurri, he kinda hasn't posted enough for me to sway one way or the other, but it's noteworthy that he
has
at least attempted to contribute in the amount he's given us.

StefanB

- Language barrier aside, you try to slap it to us lurkers, you have a unique insight, you're not sheeping or buddying as far as I can tell, and overall you seem pretty town motivated. What especially pings my town!dar is the fact that you even take the time to separate Haylen's IC posts from her real posts and call her out while you're at it.

- Out of the six names that are moderate-to-fully lurky to you, which ones come off as the most scummy?

WhenInRome

- Y'know, I'm sort of stuck. I completely see where people are coming from in voting for you... but I also see where you could be a considerably misunderstood and possibly frustrated townie. Why? Because I've been in those shoes before, taking the pressure and not responding to it in the most town-motivated of fashions. So, with that in mind (as you're obviously Public Enemy #1 [which will hereby be referred to as PE#1]), I'd like for you to take the time to make a post like this one right here with your strongest reads/opinions when you get a chance and you're not posting from your iPod. Until then, you're my
second
choice for a vote.

VOTE: AwesomePoe
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #82 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Post by chkflip »

You're so breif that I had to look brevity up in the dictionary. >.<

Point taken about the vote, though, that makes town!sense.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #94 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:08 am

Post by chkflip »

Haylen wrote:
chkflipFirst post is fine.
Oh hey, it was c.flip who gave away the ending of what I was getting at with regards to Deer being the last to confirm :< Oh well. I'll be sure to let people know next time if there's something I only want the person I ask to answer or comment on :D

I feel that his comment on AP is strawmanning:
Chkflip wrote:- Nothing strikes me as particularly odd until your second post in the game. It's not really the fact that you more or less contradict yourself in the post (because I fully grasp the concept) but moreso the persnickety attitude you have in it.
I'm not seeing any of this in the post that AP made, however, if I am wrong, I would like you to point it out to me.

I don't necessarily see tunnelling as a scumtell, although this with regards to AP is something that I would be willing to look into in the future as it is too early to tell right now.

I agree with the rest of that post though and don't see anything wrong with it. However, I would like to point out that it is pretty useless trying to find scumpairs at this stage in the game - I mention this because C.Flip asks who Hurri's second scum pick is. Although it is useful knowing who people are willing to lynch, it's a bad idea to try and pair them with other people.

I wouldn't be willing to lynch C.Flip at the present time. He is neutral, leaning town to me.
- Asking for hurri's second scumpick wasn't to create a pair, but simply to fish a reason out of him. He said WIR was his top suspect but gives no reason why. I was hoping he'd take the train to it's destination there; sorry, I will try to be more specific next time.

- Why are you willing to look into AP in particular when I bring up tunneling if you don't find tunneling to be a scumtell?

- The most attitude was when he said "Being potty trained I know how to handle my own business." It
could
read like a joke, but compacted with stuff like "Coding C++ is frustrating but really awesome too because I have to build almost everything from square one. Which is what RVS is, square one." and it becomes less joke and more 'look at me, I can be a smartypants if I want'.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #127 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:24 am

Post by chkflip »

I'm quite busy IRL right now so I'll have to catch back up when I can - just kinda proddodging atm.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #133 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:21 am

Post by chkflip »

Ughhh emergency LA until Wednesday, something just came up with my Mother. Please don't replace me, I'll shoot everything up upon my return.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #678 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by chkflip »

OH YEAH!

You guys got further than I would've, I started slipping before personal drama I'm savin for my mama (Sorry btw mod, I <3'd the game) but it's very awesome to see scum win. >=D
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #680 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by chkflip »

Any advice for chk? :o
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #683 (isolation #10) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:55 pm

Post by chkflip »

ROFL well thanks hurri.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #685 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Post by chkflip »

I thought my 80 and 94 weren't bad... but I see what you're saying. I hadn't realized that's how fast that happened.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #687 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:42 am

Post by chkflip »

DOUBLE ROFL I know.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”