Newbie 1136: DarthYoshi's Dystopia of Death (Fin--who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:54 am

Post by Morthas »

Hai gaiz,
I'm pretty sure i'm unfamiliar with everyone here other than AeRyung ( Know her from IRL and got her into trying mafiascum so i might be slightly biased on her, I'll try my best not to be though)
I have been keeping up with the game but as per my usual way of playing I tend to have nothing to say in the early stages of the game(Trying to correct that).

1) What alignment and role do you prefer, and why?
2) Would you lynch lurkers?
3) When lynching, do you rely on your gut or your analysis?
4) What is your stanch on using meta?
5) What's your timezone?
6) What is your posting style: A few lengthy posts or a lot of small posts?
7) How much do you expect to post in this game?

Answers:
1) I'm kind of weird on this one, I prefer VT so i don't have to worry about much.
2) Depends on what kind of lurker
3) Analysis which is sadly very often wrong, i stick with analysis though.
4) I can see the uses for it and i can see it being very helpful, can't bring myself to read multiple games of other people because of lazyness though
5) Uh, UTC +3 i think. It's 19:46 right now so....
6) Lots of small fluffy posts with occasional Walls. Funny how i had people question me on my meta last game.
7) I don't know, depends if i can handle 3 games. I could barely handle 2 games but we shall see, i won't flake i give you that.

Everyone who doesn't have an avatar, please get one. If you don't have anything in mind ask me and ill probably give you a picture of my p-tree outside. Going to have a reread and i'll probably be placing a vote.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by Morthas »

The amateur wrote:To AeRyung: You could also vote the IC, but then everyone else would say that it is a scummy action and lynch you

Voting anyone can be seen as suspicious if you don't follow it up with reasoning.

BMW wrote:Why is voting the IC a scummy thing to do. He is every bit as likely to be scum as anyone else, so it is actually Townie to apply pressure to him as well as anyone else.

Also UNVOTE: Paradox
VOTE: Goslin for being the most experienced, and therefore dangerous, potential scum. And also to prove the above point.

I fail to see the logic behind this, it's obviously not a serious vote (serious being, a vote with the intention to lynch) so it's a pressure vote right? The reasoning behind this pressure vote is because ''he's too good'' but my question is, if ''he's too good'' then it goes without saying he will see through your ruse so what does your vote accomplish? By pointing out you have no real reason to vote him you destroy any pressure that might have been applied to him.
ConSpiracy wrote:
theamatuer wrote:
Ibarra wrote:
a)
The entire point of RVS is using your vote to draw out more information. (To see how other people react to it, etc.)

If that's the case, shouldn't it be better to bring someone to L-1, see how they react then move to each other person in order?

b)Let's find that out.
Vote: Ghostlin

a) Don't say that unless you are questioned, it takes away your vote's potential to actually pressure someone
b)
I find it suspicious you put an IC L-1
Nevermind, i doublechecked >.>

Ibarrha wrote:Why are you trying to deter people from voting you by saying that you will post a lot. I find that suspicious.

Why aren't you replacing your RVS vote with a genuine one? I find THAT suspicious.

Amateur wrote:No, normally I post whenever I'm online and somebody else posts, so I do take a lot of the thread. That's in other forums of course.
And I got lynched in day 1 on other games as well, so I'm kind apprehensive about it.

Don't give up! Keep playing in your natural way, people will sooner or later understand.

Ghoslin wrote:Out of the things I've pointed out---the inclination towards self presevation is the MOST scummy, so I will:

Speaking from experience, how often than not can you say that scum has shown signs of self preservation over town (especially newbies).

AeRy wrote:@BKWM: I have stated in an earlier post that It was my very first game, and that is the truth. Knowing myself, if I was scum, I would probably never say something like that because the slightest dialog of reason would grab the attentions of the ones who are either experienced, or someone who would vote out of instinct(you).

Obvnewbtown.

@Morthas: *whispers* I feel so lost without you. Anyone remember this? (Balto, great movie.)

NO! Explain.

Amateur wrote:unvote.
vote: ConSpiracy
lets start the L-2

Atleast PRETEND it's a serious vote, you know, so it has some effectiveness. On another note, i am getting a gut feeling the amateur is town.

BMW wrote: I will continue to get under your skin as much as I possibly can,

I like this quote. Very, very much.

Soul wrote:Great discussion, I learnt a lot about voting and mafia games overall. Sorry I wasn't posting - I wasn't feeling well yesterday.

That's great, now that you are on the pc, start posting.

Amateur wrote:I'm trying to get an L-2 on him, which then hopefully we can pry an acceptable defense out of him, like I said earlier.

But, but, you didn't accuse him of anything.

AeRyu wrote:I said I find you suspicious because of your elaborateless reasoning as to why you voted for the people you did. But then again, there isn't much to elaborate without a good amount of info. Though, your last post has increased my FoS on you. You are quite aggitated by my post of suspicion, I sensed an irritation in your writing. Here are some reasons why I suspect you. First, you lost your composure to my FoS. Second, you revealed your "plan" (Why?). Third, when you said "unless you are scum, in which case feel free to get so pissed you cant type straight." It sounds like an attempted provocation, or alternitavely, a way to get FoS off of yourself, desperately.

I can see that being truth.
VOTE: BMW

I was going to point out that explaining your plan makes it loose it's effectiveness but there have been enough people who have already did so.

BMW wrote:@Soulblade: if you want to look for people trying too hard to blend in, I would suggest people such as yourself or Morthas or paradox, who haven't posted enough for any sort of even semi-effective analysis. Although I will grant that it is too early in the game for that to be an effective argument, and that you have been posting, and that they have legitimate reasons for not posting. I am very actively scum-hunting, although granted, I am not too terribly good at it. Yet. That's what practice is for.

Trying to deflect, are we?

You are L-2 now, BMW.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by Morthas »

Woo, i caught up.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:00 pm

Post by Morthas »

Since most people(Ahem, paradox) have posted sufficiently I am going to ask
Who do you think is our scum? (Gut feelings are good too, some stances would be great).
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:04 pm

Post by Morthas »

paradox wrote:Hey Sorry, I am on a short family trip. My timezone remains the same.
I WILL be active.
I have read everything and found nothing suspicious.

Getting a feeling that this isn't something scum would say, especially for a newbie since the mentallity of a newbie would be more paranoid and stop him from saying '' i have nothing to say''.
Thoughts?
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:04 pm

Post by Morthas »

Sad. :[
I'll miss your avatar.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Morthas »

theamatuer wrote:To morthas: don't rely on your gut feelings, or at the very least don't tell anybody that. Try to set facts to go along your suspicions, since that gives a greater amount of believability to them. At the very least, that makes it look less like a scumtell.
...Actually, I'm screwing myself over here, aren't I?
Also, I'm creating bandwagons to help others get defenses, since I myself do not find anything suspicious about anybody YET. I'll be more aggresive later, for now I'll help at bandwagons, even myself's later to get more evidence.
Of course, that is if self-voting does not cause being Slew-By-Darth's-Sith-Dinosaur-Lightsaber (aka modkilled)

Wut?
Give me a quote about so i know what you are talking about please :/
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:49 am

Post by Morthas »

theamatuer wrote:
Of course, that is if self-voting does not cause being Slew-By-Darth's-Sith-Dinosaur-Lightsaber (aka modkilled)

Self voting could be a useful tool as scum :] If you want the day to end before discussion develops and/or PR power planning ends you can end the day with a selfvote.
So no, selfvoting doesn't get you modkilled.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:47 am

Post by Morthas »

For mafia, Self voting can be done with the motivation of achieving your win condition :]
Take what i said before and put it in a scenario with 2 Mafia, 1 of them is going to be lynched 100% and he is at the time at L-1. In that situation, self voting is a good idea.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:03 am

Post by Morthas »

paradox wrote:
Morthas wrote:Since most people(Ahem, paradox) have posted sufficiently I am going to ask
Who do you think is our scum? (Gut feelings are good too, some stances would be great).

I´ve read everything, the only thing that
seems
slightly suspicious to me is BKWM

Why is he slightly suspicious? If it's because you agree with someone, why are their reasons more valid?
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:04 am

Post by Morthas »

EBWOP: Remove the ''more''
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Post by Morthas »

paradox wrote:
Morthas wrote:
paradox wrote:
Morthas wrote:Since most people(Ahem, paradox) have posted sufficiently I am going to ask

I´ve read everything, the only thing that
seems
slightly suspicious to me is BKWM

Why is he slightly suspicious? If it's because you agree with someone, why are their reasons more valid?

Reasoning without evidence is not as valid as Reasoning with evidence.

Reasoning with false evidence is much less valid than reasoning without evidence. Explain WHY are their reasons valid.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by Morthas »

Come here and screw up my reads?! Thanks hiplop.
Welcome : D
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Morthas »

I failed to mention this but i sometimes lose enthusiasm for this game for a few days when there are some events happening during life. Sorry for my being away, i'll post as soon as i get some sleep and some free time.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:12 am

Post by Morthas »

I'm gonna go and guess that Amateur is town, i get the vibe from him. I could expand on it but it would probably end up with alot of WIFOM talk.
@Ghosty: Why are you voting Amateur? Can you clarify for me? (And for god's sake don't just say, '' ISO me, i already given my reasons" )
I have noticed your initial reasoning to vote amateur is for his self preservation. You clearly can't say that his recent actions have been much self preservative what i am trying to say is: If he had the mindset of self preservation as scum he would have never voted himself. and no, i don't think you pointing it out have made him intentionally want to give off that vibe.

Looking forward to BMW's posts.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Morthas »

I am also getting a feeling SouldBlade might be scum.
@SoulBlade: What do you think of Amateur, Ghosty, CS and why.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:37 am

Post by Morthas »

Sup, scum.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:33 pm

Post by Morthas »

I don't like the Amateur wagon.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Post by Morthas »

theamatuer wrote:D
Also, Soulblades actions are far too suspicious.

You said we have been bashing BKWM for too long already. However, our original purpose was to pry his defenses out of him from an L-2. After we did this, BWKM refused to answer at all, and to prevent people from either losing interest and unvoting him or getting too angry in his absence and lynching him, I temporalily drew off attention to me. however, once BKWM got a replacement, you immeadiately unvoted without even hearing a defense. I ask
why?
Unless you give me a perfectly good reason, I'm not going to let this go easily.
unvote: paradox

vote: stels
to reset the L-2 status.
Major FOS: Soulblade

And so, nobody cared about the lurker anymore

Why vote Stels, when you are suspicious of Soul.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:12 pm

Post by Morthas »

theamatuer wrote:
Morthas wrote:
theamatuer wrote:
vote: stels
to reset the L-2 status.

Major FOS: Soulblade
And so, nobody cared about the lurker anymore

Why vote Stels, when you are suspicious of Soul.

That. Also, since Soulblade seems to be defending stels, I am feeling a stels-SoulBlade scumteam

Putting Stels to L-2 when he isn't under any pressure accomplishes nothing, a vote on Soul might start a wagon and/or discussion about Soul. Are you distancing?
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:00 pm

Post by Morthas »

Why is Stels scum again? (Other than my own reasoning)
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:52 am

Post by Morthas »

theamatuer wrote:K then.
unvote
vote: Soulblade

To stels: Give me every single reason a suicidal mafia is a good mafia and I'll give you a reason why it doesn't work in this time and on me. Just try it.

And it isn't scum shouldn't do this. It is if scum does this, then he is a stupid scum.

U NOT L-2 NAO TALK

Bolded part is why good scum could do it.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Morthas »

Ghostlin wrote: If we seriously,
entirely
base all scummy behavior on 's/he's just new' we'd only lynch ICs and SEs and scum would win these games more often than not.

In this part it just seems for me like a desperate attempt to convince hiplop to push for amateur's lynch.
You obviously know that you can always try and distinguish between scum-newb and scum-town.
I don't think you'd have said that (especially as an IC) if you had town motivation for pushing for Amateur's lynch.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #23) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Morthas »

VOTE: Ghosty
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #24) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:39 am

Post by Morthas »

Ghostlin wrote:
Morthas wrote:
Ghostlin wrote: If we seriously,
entirely
base all scummy behavior on 's/he's just new' we'd only lynch ICs and SEs and scum would win these games more often than not.

In this part it just seems for me like a desperate attempt to convince hiplop to push for amateur's lynch.
You obviously know that you can always try and distinguish between scum-newb and scum-town.
I don't think you'd have said that (especially as an IC) if you had town motivation for pushing for Amateur's lynch.

No, this is me pointing out crap logic. I do not think ignoring IC/SE advice and doing the opposite (delibrately doing something scummy) is protown. I do not think any attitude that involves self preservationary thinking is protown. I do not think voting someone else than what you accused is protown.

I don't think there's anything "genuine" about anything said. I do not like the excuse for scummy behavior being 'he's just new, this is newbtown.' None of the above matches any experience I have for newbtown.

AeR:
I don't think with a week in, we should lynch anyone.

Honestly: scum tend towards certain behaviors and motivations that town does not. When I scum hunt, I tend to go 'is this behavior protown (or likely meant with protown intentions)?' Self voting isn't. Going roughly 'please don't lynch me' at the beginning of the game when you should be latching on to things to start the scum hunt is not protown.

Are you familiar with? http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Village_Idiot (I don't believe he is an idiot, however he is indeed bad at this game and alot of his actions didn't end up benefiting the town, regardless what he may have thought.)
Nobody told you write off everything he does as ''newb-town'', what i was trying to say is for you to distinguish and try to think from another persons prospective.
Some other pointed this out already and all you seem to be doing is looking up ''common scum tells'' and voting accordingly. That is the way an optimum way for a scum-IC to play especially in a newb game.
I have seen alot of scum pushing for an easy lynch, and that is exactly what you are doing.

CS wrote:I don't like the wagon on Ghostlin.
Hiplop makes some one-liners on him without any backing up. Ghostlin's posts aren't contentless at all.
Morthas seems to be overanalysing everything Ghostlin says and picking on words in sentences.
AeRung sheeped Hiplop.

That is nothing you have there.

You really should step over to the theam wagon. He is far scummier.

Why not? I do.
Hey, if all i did was look up on the common tells in the wiki, i would be far more times wrong than i already am.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #25) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by Morthas »

Ti[psy posting.
theamatuer wrote:Is anybody going to listen to me at all????????? :cry: :cry: :(

YES. Although i am LSITENING,[align=][/align] i am ignoring most of it.

MOFO VOTE COUNT wrote:theamatuer (3): ConSpiracy, Ghostlin, Stels
Ghostlin (3): hiplop, Morthas, AeRyung

Who do you want to lynch?!
I don't mind lynch on 2nd week, no probs with that.
Ghost is my choice.
Amateur is town.

@CS: You are slowly becoming scummier with every post.
@ SOULBLADE: Stop lurking, likely-scum.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #26) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:37 pm

Post by Morthas »

I forgot paradox ever existed.
I was trying to point out lurkers. Apparently i missed one.
Saying someone is scummy doesn't mean i think they are scum 100%, you would be a fool to deal with absolutes in this game Ghosty.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #27) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:01 pm

Post by Morthas »

hiplop wrote:Me and CS can take care of you guys anyway; do not need a scum IC telling you what to do!!! I don't have much else to say, so im jokingly putting my point across

WUT? I am SE too D:
theamatuer wrote:OK, analysis time:
Character Analysis (Scummy level from 1-10. 1 least 10 most)
Aeryung:pulls the noob card out, both directly and indirectly. Usually after being attacked. Possible mistake. 4
ConSpiracy:Tunneller of thematuer. 7
Ghostlin:2nd ta tunneller. posts little content in general for an IC. 8
hiplop:Apparently helpful. Mostly attacks Ghostlin and ConSpiracy. possible scumpartener with ta. 3
Johog: To early to be sure. 5 for Null
Morthas: can't tell. More suspicious than not though. 6
Soulblade: Didn't post since mistake. Very possible scum. 9
stels: Mostly counterarguments against ta. null. 5
thamatuer: Self-voting. Very Defensive in the beginning. jumps on bandwagon's in the middle. Self-vote. Becomes offensive towards SB. Probable scum. 7
This is being as objective as possible.

Why would you ever read your own posts? Don't ever give reason for someone to believe you are scum. It's bad from both alignments.

Siiigh, the game goes on in circles.... Yaaawn.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #28) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:02 pm

Post by Morthas »

so i caught up. Ghost, how likely is Hiplop scum if you are town?
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #29) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:04 pm

Post by Morthas »

Oh and hey Johhog ;D SWEDISH TIME
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #30) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:48 pm

Post by Morthas »

The one i am voting if not, hiplop seems very likely. I am slowly becoming clueless on the partner though. hm, i used to have suspicion on Stels, might have to read him up.
I still think Ghost is scum sooo after replacement vote we should lynch.
There is 0% how chance to confirm he is indeed a JK so yeah. That's that.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #31) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:31 am

Post by Morthas »

Ghost, i suggest you cram in as much info as you can before we lynch you. (Which is looking very likely)
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #32) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:09 am

Post by Morthas »

Ghost wrote:Honestly, I dislike hiplop less and less because of none of the actual proof of anything he's felt (he's claimed TM's "sincere" when bluntly some of his play contradicted itself a lot) and frankly?
I've played a lot of games with a lot of VIs, new ones DO NOT TEND to vote themselves as obvtown.
The fact that hiplop has blithely ignored this lends more credence to the fact that I feel he's buddying TM--I do not usually do this, but if I were to pick a scum team: it'd be hiplop-TM. By the way, kids, he's called his scum team early on and hasn't deviated from it at all--he's not really scumhunting, he's trying to string up whomever he can find to ride to lynch at the moment.

@hiplop: Can you comment on that?
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #33) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Morthas »

Gotta love the way i am perceived to be neutral in all of my games.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #34) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:43 am

Post by Morthas »

AeRyung wrote:Morthas, cuz all you do is ask questions and what you say doesn't really stand out, nor is "blantantly" scummy like me or theam, and your choice in words shows that you want to contribute. Majority of the people here seems to be looking for what seems to be, simply, scummy, and stick to it like bee on honey. I realized that by looking at it that way, you can only suspect majority of the people to be scum, and you can build your case by interrogating, but honestly all I see is tunneling, insults back and forth, somebody says something to piss someone off, and it becomes personal(are mafia games usually like this?). Along the way I found a different way to suspect scums... and surprisingly, by this method of thinking, I have a few suspicions on people that I have given a blind eye to before. Remember, this
isnt
a room full of newbies and one IC anymore, and this isn't really a newbie game (besides the lessons from ic's and se's) -_-, honestly, even the people who seems to have the power roles, I feel, cannot be trusted. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, is everyone rereading this thread? Not just to have evidence to back up your analysis on why you think your suspect that you've been tunneling is scum, but to analyze every character and their possible associates? After rereading this thread nearly 5 times in one sitting, I feel a hiplop-ConSpiracy scum team. I do recall you guys saying that it's not good to link two players together so early on but you need to see this. Go back to page 1, and read from there(starting with Ibarra and ConSpiracy). Pay attention to who they vote for, who they start suspicion on(they end up voting for different people, but it seems they choose accordingly to their favor), also, the connections in
every
move they make, how they handle situations, especially Ghostlin. Don't forget the questions on RVS. Can someone please tell me what use there is to know someone's Timezone other than having it handy for scums to know when they can chat together when night comes? I believe you only have 24 hours to talk with your fellow scum, it is crucial to know when you both are available, correct?

Unvote. Vote: ConSpiracy

Hiplop, you might have more experience than CS, but I'm voting for CS because people seem to favor him more at the moment. My love for you is the same.

WHY U SO OBVTOWN?!
Edit: What?! People think that is a scummy post?! Wow. No.
DH-Star wrote:
Morthas wrote:Gotta love the way i am perceived to be neutral in all of my games.

I almost forgot about you. Now whether that's good or bad ... :P

Actually, Morthas was near the top of my Town list around the beginning of the game. However, he's practically disappeared these past 2 days, which has caught my eye.

Unvote
btw. Still going over Ghostlin/Hiplop. For the Town's sake, I hope Ghostlin doesn't flip Town because fingers would then be pointed at Hiplop, which I don't agree with since I think Hiplop is town regardless of what alignment Ghostlin is.

What can i say? I love getting wasted.
Stels wrote:You could do SOMETHING pro-town if you didn't lurk in all of my games. Posting fluff such as this^^

No u.

@AeRyu:
I am willing to believe that Hiplop is scum only if Ghostlin flips town. Concerning CS, well, I don't know, null.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #35) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:08 am

Post by Morthas »

DH-Star wrote:Err nice post. You get called on posting fluff and not doing anything for the Town and you don't even have anything to say to that, or anything to back that up.

Interesting :igmeou:

Yup.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #36) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Morthas »

DO ET.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (isolation #37) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Morthas »

CS wrote:@Morthas:Point out who thought that. Strawman.

Sure thing Mr.I-Pay-Minimal-Attention-When-I-Read.
DH wrote:That's great that you've found a scum machine and have some suspicions, but that tells us absolutely nothing and
makes it seem like you're just posting to make it seem like you're doing something.

Hiplop wrote:
AeR's latest post doesn't seem real to me, forced would be a good word to describe it.
Pretty much what I see is "These players look good, im going to try and get a BW on them". Ghosty/AeR or Ghosty/DH. Possibly Ghosty/Johhog, still using my scumdar to detect the buddy.

Looks very like ''I don't like AeR's post'' kind of posts to me.
What is a Strawman? Wiki says one thing but i don't think my behavior is similar to such.
CS wrote:Anyways,
Morthas flows under the radar
with minimum activity. That's bad.

You tell me, I'm starting to complain about it. My minimum activity is only associated with my social life and nothinghavetosayness. I ask my questions that further my reads, and I research suspects before placing my vote on them, I don't see what's wrong with my play. If you do, I'm willing to listen.

Also: I might have missed this but how is Ghostlin's play in any way an indicator about the validity of his claim. I don't see why should a power role play in a certain way.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #38) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:07 pm

Post by Morthas »

CS wrote:You post less than others and your reads aren't as obvious as others. On top of that you aren't mentioned much like other people, which at first wasn't a big deal, but in my reread I noticed it more and more. Usually town either posts much or clearly states his reads or both. I can't really say both of them about you.
And nothinghavetosayness? There are hardly any circumstances there is nothing to say for town.

My reads are as follows
Theam: Town VI
Ghostlin: Most likely scum
CS: Neutral as it gets
Hiplop: Neutral-Scum, Scum if Ghostlin flips town
Stels: Been neutral but I just got some scumvibes from his last post so Neutral-Scum
Johhog: Neutral-Town
DH: Neutral
AeR: Town

This game has an awfully lot of neutrals for me( which doesn't usually happen ) and I think that a Ghost lynch would give us an amazing amount of information.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #39) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by Morthas »

I have seen scum who play the same way as CS, so i would suggest you try ISO'ing him.
The way CS plays is the way that smart scum would play which is the same way as a null-town townie.
Not saying you should have him on your scum list but he definitively shouldn't be on the townie list.
Maybe i'll do the Ghost fliptownflipscum thing but right now I'm not bothered since i feel like you hit the most good notes already.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #40) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:40 pm

Post by Morthas »

It's.... HAMMER TIME?!
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #41) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:45 pm

Post by Morthas »

It's dragging and becoming boring.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (isolation #42) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by Morthas »

That... was unexpected...
The reasons Hiplop might have been chosen:
1. Kill off an IC qualified person
2. Make a kill that has 100% of being sucessful
3. Make TM's lynch harder to avoid but that's WIFOM territory.
4. Create confusion among town.
5. Scum was PR fishing.
I'm going to look up people's interactions with Ghostlyn + Hiplop a bit later.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (isolation #43) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by Morthas »

theamatuer wrote:I saw that Johhog was talking about Hiplop NK'd earlier.
somewhat suspicious. I'll continue reading later

Quote it.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (isolation #44) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:55 pm

Post by Morthas »

Johhog wrote:Wasn't about hiplop specific, I wanted everyone to give their reads in case they got nk'd.
---
Let me think for a moment now. I was nearly sure that Ghostlin is scum, and when I saw his flip I thought Theam was scum, but this kill is confusing me, almost like scum want to frame Theam. I dunno though, maybe it's a double bluff?

WIFOM. Don't bother thinking about it.
The fact that you brought it up after 2 others did gives me vibes, especially when in the same post you have shown that you did read our posts. This could be the exact intention of the NK, create confusion.
IGMEOY: Johhog

I say we pay no attention how it affects Theams case and certainly do not lynch him because of some WIFOM bs.
Since my read on Theam is obvtown and my other suspect is dead and innocent I need to pay closer attention to everyone else.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (isolation #45) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:58 pm

Post by Morthas »

Also @Johhog: Setting Theam aside who else is scum?
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (isolation #46) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:10 pm

Post by Morthas »

theamatuer wrote:Actually, it is logical if you consider it like this:
Ghostlin is townie, so logical scum would be either Hiplop or TM. Since Hiplop is proven townie, so TM must be scum.
Obviously they want me to get lynched day 2.
From this, we can guess that scum is (from order of most likelyness):
1.Wanted to get TM lynched.
2. completely unlrelated to Hiplop.
3. attacked by hiplop.
If anyone passes off this post with a single WIFOM, I'm going to rage on them

Morthas wrote:That... was unexpected...
The reasons Hiplop might have been chosen:
1. Kill off an IC qualified person
2. Make a kill that has 100% of being sucessful
3. Make TM's lynch harder to avoid but that's WIFOM territory.

4. Create confusion among town.
5. Scum was PR fishing.
I'm going to look up people's interactions with Ghostlyn + Hiplop a bit later.

Conveniently missed it? Lovely.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (isolation #47) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:12 pm

Post by Morthas »

Johhog wrote:Well, DH-Star is scummy but the Ghostlin flip makes him more town. Still, I can't really find who is scum here. Perhaps you Morthas? I get a weird feeling from your posts, almost like you're... well, I'm sorry, but I can't put my finger on it.

Do your best at explaining it now please~.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #48) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:51 am

Post by Morthas »

Johhog wrote:
theamatuer wrote:I just noticed something
Morthas wrote:What can i say? I love getting wasted.

18 is Swedish legal drinking age?

Um, yeah, but I'm the Swede here (Morthas is English IIRC) and who waits for 18 anyway? I'd love to know what this has to do with anything.

Fine! I'll change my location. Everyone presumes I don't lie about my Location :/. I am Ukrainian and been living in Cyprus since 5.
Although the Legal drinking age is here 17. ID checks are nonexistant.
Am 18 right now and only half a year ago I found out that we actually have a drinking age.

Now for some On-Topic.
@Stels: I expected as much but it's still nice to get someone else's opinion.
@Johhog: I have pointed out every possible reason for Hiplop dieing and from what i can see, we should pay no concern towards that, for now.
I am getting a feeling CS-Johhog-Stels will be my top suspects for the day.
@CS: I expect great things from you when you come back.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (isolation #49) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Morthas »

ConSpiracy wrote:
Morthas wrote:@CS: I expect great things from you when you come back.

If you do the same. Your day 1 coasts wasn't unnoticed and activity suddenly picked up after that.

Wut?
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #50) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Morthas »

Morthas wrote:
ConSpiracy wrote:
Morthas wrote:@CS: I expect great things from you when you come back.

If you do the same. Your day 1 coasts wasn't unnoticed and activity suddenly picked up after that.

Wut?

What I am trying to say is:
I don't remember coasting.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #51) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:11 am

Post by Morthas »

Um, hey. I'll post later i promise D:. Busy day today.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #52) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:57 pm

Post by Morthas »

F*ck it. I'm going to drop the vote on my highest suspicion (gut or not) after kondi2424 does his catchup post. Actually, I'll just drop it now.
VOTE: CS I want you to be scum, so much.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (isolation #53) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:59 pm

Post by Morthas »

I went through CS's ISO and all i got was neutral posts, posts that attack either Amateur/AeRyung and posts where he asks questions he does nothing with (AeR pointed that out already)
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (isolation #54) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Morthas »

Can we finally stop talking to/with Amateur? Anything he says now clearly won't change your reads on him anymore. Well, atleast not mine.

Problem with lurking is, I am not in the mindset to post alot of the week. That's about it.
Bad Vibes?
Nice Scumhunting.
Fluff?
I guess?
Questions that don't have any use to me?
What are you talking about? When i ask questions I always have reason to do so, atleast from what I can remember.
Hypocrisy?
Where?
Flip-Flopping Around?
Where?
Neutrality Ahoy?
You can say that about 90% of the players here. Besides, i'm not neutral to everyone, I find AeR town, Amateur Town, and everyone else neurtal. The only thing that that says is that scum are playing a very careful game. Never been in this kind of situation before so i'm a bit clueless on what to look for, I try though.

P-Edit: @CS: AGAIN?! Talk about lurking.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (isolation #55) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Morthas »

ConSpiracy wrote:
Morthas wrote:P-Edit: @CS: AGAIN?! Talk about lurking.

Oh the irony. It isn't as if I am not vocal about things.
And nice answer on Stels's case.[/sarcasm]

<3
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (isolation #56) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Morthas »

@Mod:Uh oh, Is this a bad time to announce my 5 day V/LA? Starting in a few hours until 27th

Going to go on a mini ''holiday'' in another town.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (isolation #57) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Morthas »

BAAAAAAAAAACK.
Slightly early if you don't mind, then again I'm in no mindset to post much content-wise (Am I ever?)
I'm starting to doubt my read on Theam and the idea of the amount of possible information sounds good.
Not voting him just yet though.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (isolation #58) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Morthas »

What is the freaking point of rephrasing everyone's ISO?
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (isolation #59) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:54 pm

Post by Morthas »

ffs Johhog has it ever occurred to you that even if I log in I can be not in the proper state of mind to post on a mafia game? Yes I read up when i'm on the pc but that doesn't mean I have 30 mins to post.
I want to make a proper post which will come either in half an hour or later this evening. So wait for that.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (isolation #60) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Post by Morthas »

@morthas, you need more reasons than "I want you to be scum so bad" silly. Why do you think he's scum?

Gut.

I have been starting to have doubts about my townread on theam lately and

ibarra, COP=cop
Cs hates being called con.
con cop= rolecop= mafia rolecop
Actually, the basis could be placed on just Con here, as Ibarra is definitely random. but yeah. Little to no basis and flimsy proof. I held this in till now just to provoke a response from him

This happened. I had never noticed this and I find it very suspicious that you're the one who either found it or got told about it. I don't think obvtownnewb theam would have been looking for breadcrumbs. Also, the timing of when he brought it up feels weird, as in, why would he notice it now and not at the start of the day (when people should have been analyzing the NK)?
Wait, and you're the one who found that? I'm feeling paranoid now, but I have a feeling your (probably) more experienced scumbuddy told you of this breadcrumb at night, so you killed hiplop. It's all falling into place now.

I agree completely. I'm thinking it's either Johhog or CS or Stels since i can see all 3 of you being scum with Stels and CS more likely (gut, again)
Morthas - He's still evading

What am I evading? If I am, please point it out ;> .

I'm ready to hammer Theam, the thing about CS not being able to kill sounds appealing but not foolproof but let's try it anyway.
If everyone agrees I will drop the hammer.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (isolation #61) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:33 am

Post by Morthas »

theamatuer wrote:I said so before. I found this at the end of day 1, and didn't say so since I didn't think it was a breadcrumb.

You only find breadcrumbs if you are looking for them or read something and realize it's a breadcrumb.
Why did you find it on the day of day 1 and not on the start of day 2? Only scum and docs/jailkeeper look for breadcrumbs on day 1.
I want to hear from more people before I hammer first.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (isolation #62) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:24 am

Post by Morthas »

Huh? Sure. UNVOTE:
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (isolation #63) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:32 pm

Post by Morthas »

IT'S HAMMER TIME VOTE: theam
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (isolation #64) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by Morthas »

BAH........ (SUPER LATE)
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (isolation #65) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:33 am

Post by Morthas »

Dang it, my first PR and I lose it. Why was I nk'd?
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (isolation #66) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:43 am

Post by Morthas »

I forgot to mention,
Mod: You are my favorite mod so far. Thank you <3.
Capitalism, ho

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”