Newbie 1136: DarthYoshi's Dystopia of Death (Fin--who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #111 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by hiplop »

yoyo guys. I know some of you from other games, but overall fairly new to you all. I've read the thread and all that jazz.

1) What alignment and role do you prefer, and why? Town PR is my favourite, then third party, then scum, and i really hate VT. Not much fun tbh
2) Would you lynch lurkers? Completely depends on the situation; if we can gain information from their death, then sure. But I am against policy lynches for the most part.
3) When lynching, do you rely on your gut or your analysis? A mix of both. I know in my mind what can't be true, and so gut definitely contributes to my play, not in a huge way, though.
4) What is your stanch on using meta? Very much against it, as I know I have been lynched many times due to "playing differently". My playstyle changes rather often, and its more based on my emotions at the time than my alignment.
5) What's your timezone? EST
6) What is your posting style: A few lengthy posts or a lot of small posts? Mix of both, though I have been trying to become more of a waller, but I do like being succinct and to the point; too many walls can be a VERY boring thing, and cause players to lose interest.
7) How much do you expect to post in this game? A lot.

VOTE: PARADOX for being hamtaro! Making me miss my childhood! :P

I haven't noticed much scum-behavior thus far, but BKWM is my top scum-spect, so im staying away from his lynch atm. TheAm to me seems townie, and quite honestly the reasons for the pressure on him are pretty bad. He looks to me like an inexperienced townie, rather than scum.
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #117 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:27 am

Post by hiplop »

hes a l-1. I strongly recommend someone unvote, unless you really want to secure a lynch on page 5...

you find not voting scummy, Ghostlin? When scum finds that out, they can easily counter it, so its not a very good scum-hunting technique... see:Aeryu

;D @morthas.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #123 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:34 am

Post by hiplop »

hiplop wrote:hes a l-1. I strongly recommend someone unvote, unless you really want to secure a lynch on page 5...

you find not voting scummy, Ghostlin? When scum finds that out, they can easily counter it, so its not a very good scum-hunting technique... see:Aeryu

;D @morthas.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #130 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:56 am

Post by hiplop »

AeRyung wrote:
Ghostlin wrote:
I find it scummy that she held off until she did. It's like going "I think this person is scum but..." if you've got a scum suspect, you should be voting for them. If you don't, you're either obvactivelurking, about to be replaced, or have no opinion, none of which helps town at all.

I didn't vote in the beginning because like I said before, I knew that the vote count would go up, and I assumed that it might become a lynch that shouldn't have happened. But I just voted because BKWM has not posted in two days or so after he's gotten his vote counts up and I'm getting impatient ^^.

@Ghostlin: Ghostlin, you're rather confusing me as an experienced player. First, you say we shouldn't vote someone without a good amount of info to avoid an unnecessary lynch, that's why I didn't vote. Then, you point your finger at me for being cautious on my vote and not voting after suspecting BKWM. I don't understand your logic in that.

Still waiting on BKWM as well. WHERE ARE JOO FELLOW NOOB?

Thats not what he meant. What he meant was; we shouldn't end the day (kill somebody, get to majority etc) so early on. Votes are fine, as long as no one dies!

I have to disagree with you ConSpir, shes not using it as a defense, she merely is just confused, no need to get angry.

Not liking ghostlin atm, he doesn't seem to have the town's interest in heart. And seems to me like scumIC.

UNVOTE: VOTE: ghosty
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #133 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:18 am

Post by hiplop »

wat. I explained everything on the first line. Dont know if you're purposely trying to do that; or if you're just not understanding... but ya read first line
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #161 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:02 am

Post by hiplop »

Scum-team is Ghostlin/Soul Blade, calling it now for brownie points later on.

Seriously, doesn't anyone find it suspicious that Ghostlin hasn't done anything useful all game? He's misinterpreted a few posts, something townies don't need to do. And posted some game mechanic fluff, hes like the epitome of scum-IC. All of his posts are just...awkward as well, theres no way this guy is town.

At this point; I think theamateur is just misunderstanding, he reads as genuine. Conspiracy is also likely-town.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #163 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:06 am

Post by hiplop »

Since when does having genuine intentions, mean being right? He's a newbie, and hes just misinformed. How is he supposed to know that "self voting is about as far from pro-town as one can get"? You're clearing going for an easy lynch.

There's a definitive difference in when you talk about the game theory, to when you are speaking about this game. Pretty much all of your post's are fluff, or tunneling on Theamateur, how is that pro-town, exactly? (the game mechanic stuff is tho)
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #165 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:31 am

Post by hiplop »

I'm talking about this case. He seems like he thinks he knows what hes doing, and that its protown. Not all townies will be right, and not all scum will be wrong.

Genuine comes with the tone of the text, yours seems to be snarky, which i find comes from scum a lot. More points to you etc etc
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #172 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by hiplop »

Cool. You talk, but your actions aren't speaking what you say. Your town game theory talk, doesn't match up with your behavior.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #180 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:56 am

Post by hiplop »

ConSpiracy wrote:I don't like the wagon on Ghostlin.
Hiplop makes some one-liners on him without any backing up. Ghostlin's posts aren't contentless at all.
Morthas seems to be overanalysing everything Ghostlin says and picking on words in sentences.
AeRung sheeped Hiplop.

That is nothing you have there.

You really should step over to the theam wagon. He is far scummier.

I've backed it up pretty well? otherwise i wouldn't have a wagon and everyone thinking hes scum but you...

And way to be hypocritical, you didn't back anything up in this post.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #185 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by hiplop »

theamatuer wrote:if SoulBlade is likely-scum, then shouldn't we lynch him instead?

SoulBlade and Ghostlin = scumteam, ghostlin im just more sure of/theres more evidence towards, ergo we're killing ghosty
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #189 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by hiplop »

Ghostlin wrote:
hiplop wrote:
theamatuer wrote:if SoulBlade is likely-scum, then shouldn't we lynch him instead?

SoulBlade and Ghostlin = scumteam, ghostlin im just more sure of/theres more evidence towards, ergo we're killing ghosty

What's the connection between me and SoulBlade? Because frankly, if I was scum, and you can take this one to the bank, if there was any chance that diverting to my partner would assure my success, I'd be doing it hardcore. Scum!Ghostlin isn't afraid of doing that for easy towncred.

Right now, there's really not much point in me voting SoulBlade (mostly because I don't find him scum). Call that buddying, but frankly, I think TM, BK (or BK's replacement, just because BK got replaced with a better player doesn't mean we should let stuff go), or AeR are likely candidates. Hiplop is probably town---convulted town, but town. Yes, that does mean I think at least one person on my wagon is likely to be scum.

Funfact: Mothas's last post accusing me, Soulblade and CS of all being scum cannot possibly be true. (Also, if SB is likely scum for not posting, what about paradox?)

Paradox: Seriously, dude. Who do you think is scum?

Stels: Your last post was about how you didn't like my ISO and the fact that I've ridden TM for self-voting (that's not all I've accused him of by any means), yet your vote is there. Do you think TM is more or less likely to be scum than me, and why?

IIRC you said something about only playing as scum once, and that you got killed early on.

You and soulblade seem convoluted whenever speaking to eachother; or about one another. It just seems forced.

I'd be willing to bet like 9$ i'm right on Ghosty, and 5 on SoulBlade
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #196 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:05 am

Post by hiplop »

Guys: CS is town, hes just wrong about ghostlin. (tehe)

Can you post where they are not content less first? It'd be easier for me to explain it after I see what you're thinking.

AeRyung making me feel insignificant! :P I think i have more experience than Conspiracy :P

Conspiracy, please explain ANY town motivation towards anything ghostlins done. Except for the theoretical IC talk, i mean THIS game. Hes even WIFOMing it up to protect his ass
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #205 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:24 am

Post by hiplop »

Dont lynch TheAm at all. Ghosty is the scum
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #217 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by hiplop »

Ghostlin/anyone is a combo. AKA hes scum. Kill him with fire
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #218 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by hiplop »

Me and CS can take care of you guys anyway; do not need a scum IC telling you what to do!!! I don't have much else to say, so im jokingly putting my point across
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #221 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by hiplop »

You know that ICs, wether their aligment is scum or town, should guide the town in the right direction, right?

Yes. Currently the IC in 2 games :P
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #223 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by hiplop »

So, an IC's duty is to guide the town in the right direction(to him) even if he is scum? That seems rather hard. I am still waiting on Ghostlin's response to my question what he wants to achieve as an IC in this current game.

They can't lie about game mechanics/theory/when its right to no lynch etc etc. Thats why Im going after Ghostlin, the true stuff he posts about the game; doesn't match up with the way he is playing. Theres a definite change in attitude when hes talking in theoreticals, something scum does all the fucking time.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #246 (isolation #18) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:20 am

Post by hiplop »

Oh, I wouldn't have thought that with your join date. You had experience before mafiascum? Or you are also playing on another site?

I've played for years at other places, always thought this place was too serious, but another poster from that place told me to join here. Already have played 25+ games here, I love it.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #248 (isolation #19) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:57 am

Post by hiplop »

Stels and ConSpiracy, I will love you forever if you vote Ghostlin.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #251 (isolation #20) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:24 am

Post by hiplop »

woo. Now just waiting for his fakeclaim and we can end this.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #254 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:22 am

Post by hiplop »

Not immediately. But if the wagon even shows a slight chance of disappearing, someone hammers. Ghostlin is a good player and i dont want him to weasel his way out of death.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #256 (isolation #22) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:27 am

Post by hiplop »

I doubt hes claiming VT, he'll claim cop or Doc. Pretty much sure that hes scum
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #259 (isolation #23) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:37 am

Post by hiplop »

Soul depending on if he wants to bus or not will vote him, stels as a townie should do it after Conspiracy returns. Ghostlin should self hammer
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #266 (isolation #24) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by hiplop »

Oh sick. Hey Derek! (know him from offsite)
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #269 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by hiplop »

Don't hammer yet obviously, DH-STAR needs to tell us what he thinks.

Wait until monday probably would be best option unless DH is fast.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #272 (isolation #26) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by hiplop »

VCA (vote count analysis) is pretty much useless now. Players have evolved over time, at first everyone looked at the hammer-er, obviously scum changed to starting wagons, soon town caught on and went after them. Finally scum went to middle wagons, and town caught on.

Now VCA is useless because there aren't any real scumtells, you could MAYBE find something on bandwagonning, but it will never be all that strong. You lynch town easier than scum with it, at least IMO.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #273 (isolation #27) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by hiplop »

Stels wrote:You probably skimmed my post and didn't read the second line. ;_;

:oops: um..

Yeah I did, my bad lmao. I stopped reading the top part at the ;_;

Good choice of time though
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #276 (isolation #28) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by hiplop »

I'm going to give the slot a fair chance, but its still my #1 thought for a buddy. Not nearly as sure about that as I am about ghostlin though.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #277 (isolation #29) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by hiplop »

Amateur, why do YOU think Ghostlin is scum? explain in your own words
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #312 (isolation #30) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:51 am

Post by hiplop »

Hm, Wasn't expecting that. Going to think about how to take this.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #313 (isolation #31) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:58 am

Post by hiplop »

Ghostlin; Do you HONESTLY think my play is scum motivated? If so, why? I really don't see it.

Also, I might have to agree on AeRyu and TheAm, I think if you ISO me, you'll see I've been keeping my eyes on TheAm the whole time (usually asking him questions to make sure hes thinking for himself).

Ultimately I still support your lynch, and I'll take the responsibility if you do flip town. I just can't see myself being wrong at this point...
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #315 (isolation #32) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:10 am

Post by hiplop »

WIFOM. I've seen tons of newbs do that.. I have to give someone heck for it in just about every game I play.

Not liking how hes still clinging to that.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #320 (isolation #33) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:04 am

Post by hiplop »

Ghostlin, you're trying to lynch someone for the sole reason that he self voted. This was before I came in. I know you have more reasons or w/e now, but you're wrong. Newbtown self-vote all the time. And you're trying to go for a super easy lynch on him for it.

He is sheeping me, for sure. And I'm not going to let him coast along. However, I strongly believe you're scum, rather than a smaller read on TheAm
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #326 (isolation #34) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by hiplop »

DH-Star wrote:It feels great to replace someone who posted nothing useful and merely parroted at the beginning of the Day before disappearing. /sarcasm, but I started reading back without knowing who I replaced, and even I'll admit that SoulBlade looked scummy. Ah gotta love life.

Hiplop's caught my eye as he has been VERY determined to get Ghostlin lynched, and it hasn't gone unnoticed. IDK how to multi-quote so excuse my supposed lack of evidence, but at one point, Hiplop said he'd love some people if they hammered Ghostlin, which seemed odd. BUT, I'm fairly certain Hiplop's town, I'm just curious as to why he's putting his neck out so much on Day 1. Maybe it's just me, but I would never be so gun-ho on Day 1, just because that's not how I play I guess.

Ghostlin's WIFOM was bad, but not nearly as bad as theamatuer's analysis list thing where he gave himself a 7/10 scum rating. Ugh, some people's kids. Amazingly, I think theam isn't scum ... just very very noobish and/or dumb.

AeRy has seemed very tentative for some reason. I'm keeping Johhog on my radar, simply because he replaced paradox who I was very wary of due to lack of input and blatant lurking for a bit.

Sorry for any stupidity btw, only my 2nd game (technically) and I don't deal well with big blocks of text. Especially since I just read through 13 pages :/.

Two questions:
1) Who's TM?
2) If Ghostlin dies, will he still be active in the thread performing his IC duties?

He's scum, and I know it. Which is why I'm going after him so hard, obviously.

1) Tm is TheaMateur, not sure why the nickname came about
2) No, but ConSpiracy and I (I think conspiracy at least) will be fine in teaching you, I'm a qualified IC and all that jibber jabber.

Glad to see you posting DH :)

Johhog is interesting, and he'd be my #2 scumpartner for Ghostlin. His latest post in general urks me to the max.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #331 (isolation #35) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:26 pm

Post by hiplop »

I apoligize Stels! Than we're in great shape =]

I don't have much more to say... Good night everyone (:
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #338 (isolation #36) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:57 am

Post by hiplop »

Johhog wrote:Hey, sorry Stels! I guess we're 5 SEs in this game and... there are 2 ICs?

no. Each game has one IC. Starts with 2 SE's, but more can replace in. SE's can be someone who has played like 500 games, or 3. IC is just a chosen player to teach the game.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #342 (isolation #37) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:20 am

Post by hiplop »

No, all your last three posts say is that Team or I is scum, you haven't said why, other than I've been targeting you. That's some lazy scum play, Ghosty. You haven't said who you think is scum if I flip town, or even ranked your reads. Ever thought of the possibility that I'm just wrong? WIFOM aside, but do you really think I'd be so gutsy in my play?

Can you explain your reads then? Because I look at your scumreads, and I see your wagon, and then stels who clearly said she has no problem with your death...
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #346 (isolation #38) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:43 am

Post by hiplop »

I already replied to that post. Nice try.

I've seen town self vote all the time. I've never seen scum self-vote, no this doesn't mean its a town tell, but its not a scumtell either. Its one of those lame-by-the-book scumtells that scum use, but never actually do. Llama posted something rpetty good, called "the scumtells that scum never does", and thats the case here.

I used the word WIFOM son, calling it out for WIFOM is pretty useless, and showing your strawgrasping.

I'm tunneling, and I admit it. I believe I've found scum. Why would I deviate from that? I've been playing close attention to every player, and you can't deny that. (asking q's, talking to them etc) I'm only tunneling with my votes..
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #347 (isolation #39) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:46 am

Post by hiplop »

Ghostlin wrote:EBWOP: And before you ask: Have you seriously voted/hammered a person you thought was Town Day 1 because of a mislynch? Yes, Yes I have.

like out the threat of a no-lynch? I personally haven't :oops:

@hiplop: I am ready to hammer Ghostlin. Hence my impatience with prodding him. He is my 2nd suspect after theamatuer. As much as it pains me to do so, theamatuer will have to wait ;_; . Won't hammer until everyone has finished their V/LA's and Ghostlin finally gets back or we are close to the deadline, which is in 5 days.

this doesn't sound like a town read to me. This is posted by stels
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #352 (isolation #40) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by hiplop »

Fair enough ghosty, I do have a tendency to post some fluff. The thing is; your case (at least to me anyway) is based off of him not understanding, And I dont like that :\ You should be trying to teach him rather than going after him blindly.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #357 (isolation #41) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by hiplop »

No, knowing people's time zone really doesn't do anything, its more of a friendly question that gets asked every game.

Can you explain WHY you think we're scum? You just said " look back on page one and who they vote for". Why are those things scummy? Because that wall was a LOT of fluff.

WHY do you think Ghostlin is town? What made you change your vote?

WHY does my experience mean that I should be more likely voted?

There are so many flaws in your logic, please answer all the questions :)
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #358 (isolation #42) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by hiplop »

DH-Star wrote:
Morthas wrote:Gotta love the way i am perceived to be neutral in all of my games.

I almost forgot about you. Now whether that's good or bad ... :P

Actually, Morthas was near the top of my Town list around the beginning of the game. However, he's practically disappeared these past 2 days, which has caught my eye.

Unvote
btw. Still going over Ghostlin/Hiplop. For the Town's sake, I hope Ghostlin doesn't flip Town because fingers would then be pointed at Hiplop, which I don't agree with since I think Hiplop is town regardless of what alignment Ghostlin is.

If you think I'm town, please have the decency to vote ghostlin? If he somehow weasels through the day, I will be very very mad.

AeR's latest post doesn't seem real to me, forced would be a good word to describe it. Pretty much what I see is "These players look good, im going to try and get a BW on them". Ghosty/AeR or Ghosty/DH. Possibly Ghosty/Johhog, still using my scumdar to detect the buddy.

TheAm is also a possibility for his buddy, but not nearly as likely.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #363 (isolation #43) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by hiplop »

hiplop wrote:No, knowing people's time zone really doesn't do anything, its more of a friendly question that gets asked every game.

Can you explain WHY you think we're scum? You just said " look back on page one and who they vote for". Why are those things scummy? Because that wall was a LOT of fluff.

WHY do you think Ghostlin is town? What made you change your vote?

WHY does my experience mean that I should be more likely voted?
please answer all the questions :)

answer please AeR :)

DH, Conspiacy is on V/LA isnt he? (Thats Vacation/Limited access, Its like preemptively letting us all know that you'll be busy, so we don't have to prod you)

My apologies if he isn't on V/LA
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #366 (isolation #44) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by hiplop »

I'm on the verge of voting Ghostlin before someone else does because I don't want to hammer. Look into this previous comment all you want but I'm only hesitant because as a noob, it'd be risky to put all my eggs in one (Hiplop's) basket, even though Ghostlin has not looked extremely town-like thus far. Argh :/

I'll guide you youngone. Theres a function on the site that makes this impossible. If someone posts before you do, it stops your posts and asks you if you want to continue. So you can safely vote the obvscum
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #368 (isolation #45) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by hiplop »

But I want to know WHY you think our behavior is scummy, saying "Read it yourself" isnt the most convincing strategy :P
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #371 (isolation #46) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by hiplop »

Its OK, I didn't know you were typing them up. My bad :roll:
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #374 (isolation #47) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by hiplop »

Im not looking for PR's, so idk. I only trust myself. ;)
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #380 (isolation #48) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by hiplop »

CSL used to self-vote/self-hammer all the time as scum. You could look at his past games.

Probably, I just haven't ever seen it myself. Its still a null tell, though.

My case on ghostlin has reallly just evolved over time, at first it was a gut read, and now im sure hes scum.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #393 (isolation #49) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:11 am

Post by hiplop »

AeRyung, I think if you look hard enough, you can find justr about anyone buddying with anyone (or bussing). I know I'm the one under fire; but I honestly don't see it. There's no change in tone that I notice, I suppose ConSpiracy could be scum, but I honestly doubt it right now.

Pretty much everything ghostlin has done; has been scummy. I'll make a re-case stating everything all in one if you want, though.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #397 (isolation #50) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:42 am

Post by hiplop »

He claimed JK because I posted "I guarentee hes going to claim cop or doc", Its another (albeit smaller] reason hes scum.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #398 (isolation #51) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:22 am

Post by hiplop »

DH why are you scared of bussing your partner? You've said you find him scummy ever since you replaced in, yet you haven't acted on this suspicion.. at all. In fact you haven't said WHY you think hes scummy, all you have done is sheep me.

Even more confident In my original thoughts atm.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #403 (isolation #52) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by hiplop »

Strawmanning is a discussion technique. It is attacking something/one that doesn't exist to earn the trust of others. Anyway, it didn't apply here.

No, Strawmanning is like discrediting a case. Like making it seem like a smaller deal than it actually is. Ie someone posts a HUGE wall with a bunch of valid points and you just say like "nah you're crazy" (obviously not the best example but I can't think of one atm)
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #428 (isolation #53) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:46 am

Post by hiplop »

Johhog, When Have I ever said THAT as a defense?

I see you're keeping your option open. You know what alignment ghosty is flipping, don't you?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #430 (isolation #54) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:01 am

Post by hiplop »

If I lynch you in every game, I'm bound to be right sometime :shifty:

You pretty much said EXACTLY what you're going to do tomorrow, in that post. While maintaining enough "unsure of reads" to squirm around in case of EMERGENCY.

I'm not quite sure what I'm implying.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #432 (isolation #55) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:06 am

Post by hiplop »

Why would I need to explain my day 2 action now?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #433 (isolation #56) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:07 am

Post by hiplop »

That doesnt even make sense. Then scum know exactly what I'll be doing, and can choose to kill/not kill me to their liking. Its like directing PR's son
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #435 (isolation #57) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:11 am

Post by hiplop »

Thats not very nice
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #437 (isolation #58) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:18 am

Post by hiplop »

I meant the me being killed part :cry:

But if ghostlin flips town (albeit unlikely, my scumdar is the scumdar of champions), then they're going to come after me, and they'll get me lynched. Why would I be saying what I'm going to do tomorrow? My life pretty much relies on a Flip / smart town
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #439 (isolation #59) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:04 am

Post by hiplop »

That's WIFOM. But, IIRC: Ghostlin said hes only ever been scum once.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #861 (isolation #60) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 849, Johhog wrote:And I absolutely hate playing as scum, as I'm playing at least 5 times better as town. Glad we got rid of hiplop, he would've caught me in the end I think.

I thought me being NK'd night one should have sent off a BUNCH of bells to you! It was definitely a risky move, but I guess no one really picked up on our past

I'm impressed by your play in this game though hoggy ( :igmeou: )! Good job

Conspiracy had me fooled when I was alive, very very well. Props!
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #872 (isolation #61) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by hiplop »

Dy you were the best mod ive had in a while :-)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”