Newbie 514: (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zyrconium
Zyrconium
Goon
Zyrconium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:17 am

Post by Zyrconium »

/confirm
Zyrconium
Zyrconium
Goon
Zyrconium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by Zyrconium »

Alabaska J wrote:Can I
vote Friend of Old
even though (s)he isn't here yet? Maybe xuvi doesn't like being a bad guy. Assuming that Friend of Old gets the same role xuvi had, that would make him/her a mafia person.
Seems more likely xuvi just forgot about the place. He doesn't appear to have posted anything anywhere(from his game posts in his profile) or done anything else.
Zyrconium
Zyrconium
Goon
Zyrconium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:19 am

Post by Zyrconium »

vollkan wrote:
Zirconium wrote: Seems more likely xuvi just forgot about the place. He doesn't appear to have posted anything anywhere(from his game posts in his profile) or
done anything else.
Apart from posts, what exactly
were
you expecting him to do?
Add to his Profile/Wiki(the Wiki didn't seem likely) anything which suggests he was here for anything more than 5 minutes after the sign-up process.
Zyrconium
Zyrconium
Goon
Zyrconium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:36 am

Post by Zyrconium »

Lowell wrote:
vote zyrco
. It does seem strange he would be monitoring another player...
I was looking to see if there was likely to be any truth to what Alabaska was saying. If xuvi had contributed to other games but only as a Townie or if his last game as a mafia had ended well, I would have mentioned that, but the result was he hadn't played any games.

Mainly was just looking to contribute.

And I am the sort of player to monitor other people. :D
Zyrconium
Zyrconium
Goon
Zyrconium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:38 am

Post by Zyrconium »

So far Alabaska J has accused people based on someone else not showing up & a statement about how he was probably wrong (and therefor voting for someone on no evidence). He has continued to suggest that these people seem guilty with every post. Ignoring explanations.

IMO he seems a lot like a mafia looking to speed-lynch, so I would like to
Vote :Alabaska J

Was planning to include quotes but all you really need to do is look at any of his posts.[/b]
Zyrconium
Zyrconium
Goon
Zyrconium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by Zyrconium »

gipsy wrote:Friend of Old
Was that a Vote? If so that's a very risky thing to do. As it's you first post, and he had 2 votes already on him and you offered no explanation. I seem very mafia and I would suggest waiting for FoO to get a say in, before fixing that vote.
FoS: gipsy

Though asking for a bandwagon is rather strange, it would definitely be good to ask questions before lynching?
Zyrconium
Zyrconium
Goon
Zyrconium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:33 am

Post by Zyrconium »

gipsy wrote:it's just I came in here... and found myself the only one who didn't vote and thought that you guys may lose an innocent citizen, so I voted for whoever you're voting for... am not much into this game, so I dunno if not voting will cause me any harm.
gipsy, not voting won't cause you any harm, and voting randomly will cause the town harm 5/7ths of the time. Voting because other people voted for them without checking why they voted will cause harm even more of the time as it's likely one or more of the people who voted are mafia. Also voting without saying anything else is likely to get
you
lynched. So not voting is generally better than voting without reason.
Zyrconium
Zyrconium
Goon
Zyrconium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:38 am

Post by Zyrconium »

EBWOP: Also talking is quite useful. Mention strange things you find in peoples posts or in their votes. It's one of the few tools we have on Day 1.
Zyrconium
Zyrconium
Goon
Zyrconium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:50 pm

Post by Zyrconium »

BTW, this was supposed to be an apology (albeit a subtle one) to you, Zyrconium, for falsely guessing you as mafia. I had hoped you wouldn't start a bandwagon aganst me as a result, but apparently I was wrong.
It was taken as an apology, but it didn't really address any of my concerns. You appear to be trying to find someone to lynch, instead of someone who is mafia.
And I didn't start a bandwagon against you as a result. I made one accusation against you and that was beforehand.

Also when you said:
I needed someone to randomly lynch
Some people, myself not included think that random voting is a good way to start but random lynching is generally a very bad idea.

Also lynch -2 isn't too bad, particularly when you were pushing to get someone less suspicious onto lynch -1.
Zyrconium
Zyrconium
Goon
Zyrconium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:00 am

Post by Zyrconium »

gipsy wrote:Zyrconium, for acting innocent and accusing me, also forgetting that am a newbie!
I didn't accuse you. I suggested that what you were doing was very stupid and likely to get you lynched.

Plus, posts 40-41 were advice because of you newbieness, and This is my first game aswell.

Also to vote to need to use bold, lay it out like:

Code: Select all

[b]vote: this guy[/b]

I would suggest for preliminary strategy you consult: http://www.sitesled.com/members/mikebur ... scum04.swf
Zyrconium
Zyrconium
Goon
Zyrconium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by Zyrconium »

From FoO:
As for gipsy, I don't trust him, and I would discourage anyone from writing him off for newbishness. Might I suggest that his partner in crime has told him to 'play up' this newbish aspect. However, these are only weak points, but I still find you suspicious, so I place a FoS: gipsy.
One thing to note when making your arguments is that i don't think the scum have had a chance to talk to each other yet. I don't think they can talk to each other at day (can the mod or an IC confirm this for me) and we had a Day start as this is a newbie game.

And
Unvote
, because Albaska has explained his reasoning, and though a lot of it is opinion I can't see anything to indicate he's mafia just now.

From gipsy:
After reading and learning, and going through this again, i'll keep my vote... cause everytime somebody talk you come and start covering things behind you... maybe am not right, but won't mind my first try.

Vote: Zyrconium
I'm merely to explain myself, add my opinion, help show people things they have missed or, in your case give advice. I don't see anything suspicious about my posts. I'm not covering, but explaining.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”