Newbie 521: Game over, SCUM WINS!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by Godot »

Godot Special Blend #42. The perfect way to start the day.
/confirm
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:18 am

Post by Godot »

Twister wrote:btw - How much experience does everyone have?
I am undefeated, and I intend remaining that way.
Sierra wrote:Any advice on tactics to follow?
The cop should only claim if he gets a guilty investigation or if the doctor claims, so that the doctor knows who to protect.

If the cop claims with a guilty investigation the doctor should definitely NOT claim so that the scum don't know who to night kill.

vote Maria
for trying to defile my perfect record.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Godot »

Maria, Sierra, it's all the same to me.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by Godot »

Ugh, maybe Godot Special Blend #42 was a bit too bitter, it seems I forgot about the Roleblocker.

In that case, I don't think claiming is going to get anyone anywhere unless we lynch scum tonight.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:46 am

Post by Godot »

Xtoxm wrote:Why is this going so slowly, we've been going for well over 24 hours and we're no-where near a lynch. My other game got a lynch within 2 hours of opening.
I've never seen a game played so fast. I was informed that in a newbie game the average day 1 lynch is on page 7. My brother is in the middle of a game that is on page 49. I doubt that this game will be as fast as yours.

Which is gonna be a hassle, I drink only 17 cups of coffee in the duration of a day. I might need to make these last.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:49 am

Post by Godot »

I took the liberty of doing a meta on you (that is, when you look at their game play in other games, right?) and it seems that you haven't even played another game. I believe that with the way you worded your question you were referring to this forum
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:17 am

Post by Godot »

Your enthusiasm over a post that has only repeated what has been previously stated is a startle.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:45 am

Post by Godot »

Why were you say happy that someone voted? Especially since that vote was for you.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (isolation #8) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Godot »

If I were you I would look at the games length by the number of posts it has and not by how long it has gone on in real life.

This game could be two months old but if we are only on page 2 then we shouldn't be trying to lynch someone.

I got my eye on you
Xtoxm, his vote was hardly serious, he is just trying to pressure you, he said so himself. Your reactions to his post are concerning, but could easily be dismissed as noob eagerness, so I won't place a vote on you, yet.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (isolation #9) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:19 pm

Post by Godot »

Why do you think it's suspicious to refer to the doctor as ours?
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by Godot »

I find it hard to see how someone who is enthused by being voted for, whether the game is going slow or not. This, in my opinion, does warrant some suspicion.

As for his mafia claim, this can be interpreted a number of ways. He could really be a frustrated townie, but he could also just as easily be scum trying to claim the frustrated town persona.

With remarks like that my suspicion is only going to grow. Whether he earns my vote or not will be determined with in the next few pages, that I can assure.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:40 am

Post by Godot »

Well, usually, when you want a game to progress, you don't post "Yay someones voting we are making progress". You'd usually try to push the progress yourself by maybe questioning the vote or doing a post by post.

That is why I said I got my eye on you instead of a finger of suspicion. I wanted to watch him a little more so I can see if it is newbie eagerness or just.. Stupid play..?
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:53 pm

Post by Godot »

Again, I never really placed suspicion on him as much as saying that I was going to watch his actions.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Godot »

Geez this is becoming a nightmare. I apologize, my brother was on these forums before me and has auto login on, the above post is mine.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by Godot »

Kison wrote:Hi,
Godot wrote:Kison: I would say his vote on me is fine if he didn't take something I said out of context and used that as an excuse to vote me. I've said it multiple times that I didn't not say I found Xtomxs reactions suspicious, yet he seems to think that I did and has used it as a reason to vote for me. I do not see where this is coming from. I do not like how he has stretched his evidence to support a vote, I thinking most scummy player here.
Honestly, it's not a very hefty vote. We're still in the early stages of the game. To me, it's just something that stood out, and well, we wanted to get beyond the random voting stages, correct? So there you have a vote. It did do a good job sparking discussion and gain reactions. Those are good things.
That is fair enough, I do agree, it has sparked some good conversation.
Kison wrote:On to the point as to whether or not you cast suspicion on your comment to Xtoxm, by saying "I'm not going to vote you
yet
", you imply that what he said bothered you, but not enough to vote. Nontheless, if it bothered you on the same grounds as a vote, just not to that extent, you imply it is scummy. I, however, disagree in that I think it's _not_ scummy, and therefore unwarranted.
To be honest, I was only using the vote as a threat to get him to post sensibly (to make the game progress with proper conversation). How ever it seems it backfired on me and got me talking. Lol.
Kison wrote:Basically, don't take the vote so personally. If you've nothing to hide, the best thing you can do is find who is indeed scummy instead of fight the votes against you. But I do, now see, how you could've of seen this as a scummy imply.

I shall try and make a list of my own later.
I quite understand. How ever my accusations on the two of you aren't so much because you are voting me as to why you are voting me.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by Godot »

Xtomx, I still do not understand what you are asking of me. According to what you just said and the bolded part,
I did include it in my post.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #16) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by Godot »

I asked you what post you were referring to.
Godot wrote:I find it hard to see how someone who is enthused by being voted for, whether the game is going slow or not. This, in my opinion, does warrant some suspicion.

As for his mafia claim, this can be interpreted a number of ways. He could really be a frustrated townie, but he could also just as easily be scum trying to claim the frustrated town persona.

With remarks like that my suspicion is only going to grow. Whether he earns my vote or not will be determined with in the next few pages, that I can assure.
You told me this one.

I clearly stated what you asked me to in that post.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #17) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:47 pm

Post by Godot »

I have not unvoted my random vote on
Maria

I think you are getting my mixed up with Xtomx.

On that note,
Unrandomvote: Maria
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (isolation #18) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:02 pm

Post by Godot »

My humble apologizes. I didn't realize you were saying frustrated
mafia.

It seems my morning coffee wasn't strong enough.

I did not include frustrated mafia in that post because it doesn't make a difference. Mafia is mafia.

Why do you want frustrated mafia to be added into that post
analyzing you.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (isolation #19) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by Godot »

[quote="Thok"]
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (isolation #20) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by Godot »

Xtoxm wrote:Oh, and who do I think is most town, gotta be Sierra.
Why?
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #21) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by Godot »

Sierra wrote:I'll just say that Godot has not convinced me of his innocence with his last few posts, so I'm keeping my vote on him for the time being.
May I ask how am I meant to convince you of my innocence when you are voting me because of my play style?
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:21 pm

Post by Godot »

Oh sorry, hadn't realized you had unvoted.

But still, I'd like the question answered.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (isolation #23) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:44 am

Post by Godot »

Xtoxm wrote:If twister is on L-1, I shall
unvote
, he is begining to convince me...
Sigh.. Now why do you say this? Wait.. Don't tell me, another gut feeling right?

I'd sure as hell hope not. One or two gut feelings are fine but basing your whole game off what you feel isn't going to be very productive.

I'd like to see you measure out the scum tells and town tells and come back to us with good reasonings on this.

I will give my own analysis of Twister after this post.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (isolation #24) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:01 am

Post by Godot »

Kison wrote: -Implies that everyone was anxious to roleclaim.
-Suggested that roleclaiming prior to lynch would not be a good move.
I was under the same impression walking into the thread.
I'm willing to ride that off as a matter of opinion.
Kison wrote: -Finds that Godot's suspicion of Xtoxm is warranted.
What suspicion?
Kison wrote: -"Saying we should only be suspicious of the people you say we should be suspcious of sounds scummy to me. " - blatantly twisting my words.
I've just reread him and fail to find where he said that. How ever I am half blind and probably missed it so if I could get a quote that would be nice.
Franzie wrote:
post 73: Seems to use odd language...
Oh so we're scumhunting based off the language one uses now. I see.
Kison wrote: That's how voting typically works, my friend.
I feel the whole -1 situation is being over worked. Twister had perfect reason to have his vote where it was, he should've temporarily unvoted, but he didn't. Big deal.
Thok wrote: First of all, there's the possiblity I mentioned before that keep Kison at lynch -1 could force a roleclaim of a townie (and possibly of a power role).
You're thinking way too ahead now, I doubt even if someone had asked him to roleclaim that he would've.
Thok wrote: Secondly, the other's won't vote/hammer only works if you believe all of Sierra/Franzie/Godot are town, which is a fairly strong assumption early in the game.
Not necessarily, the hammerer would have to be very stupid to have hammered, irrespective of his role.
Thok wrote: Thirdly, it's possible that a townie could convince themselves to hammer or could even hammer by accident in that situation. (Unlikely here, but possible.)
I'd give the dumb scum hammering more chance than this.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #25) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 am

Post by Godot »

Sierra wrote:
Godot wrote:
Sierra wrote:I'll just say that Godot has not convinced me of his innocence with his last few posts, so I'm keeping my vote on him for the time being.
May I ask how am I meant to convince you of my innocence when you are voting me because of my play style?
The reason I find you suspicious is because you often write very short posts with little content. It gives me the feeling you're trying very hard to appear not to be lurking, while you're actually not getting involved in the discussion too much. And I'm still getting that same feeling from you.
I don't intend to get into discussion much, I'll read it 10 times and come up with my own opinion about it, and quite often unless I'm mentioned I won't say anything. I analysis peoples posts and come up with my own opinions about them.

That is why I have been trying to get Xtomx to explain himself more often.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (isolation #26) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:28 pm

Post by Godot »

Xtoxm wrote:Ok..Godot, I think this sounds liek the type of thing a townie would say
What about that post strikes you as a townie thing?

FUCK
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (isolation #27) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:15 pm

Post by Godot »

Twister wrote:
Godot wrote: That is why I have been trying to get Xtomx to explain himself more often.
You two need to make some legitimate accusations about eachother if you are going to keep bickering like this. I am getting tired of reading both of your one line posts that don't really lead anywhere. Your entire back and forth discussion on the second half of Page 4 I don't know what either of you were referring to, and don't really care.
I am merely trying to get him to explain himself. He is my top suspect, I am naturally going to want him to explain his actions more. I want to see if he slips up so I can catch him.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (isolation #28) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:43 am

Post by Godot »

Xtoxm wrote:
I thought it was still obvious (see the post you just quoted), but I think Xtoxm/Thok. Or Thok/Xtoxm.
Isn't that both the same thing???
I think that he's jumping around a lot. Not voting so much, but trying to find a good target to lay his vote down on. I'll try to post more in detail about this tomorrow.
What? Thats a load of crap
For the hundredth time, WHY? WHY IS IT CRAP, WHAT PART OF IT IS CRAP, IS IT ALL CRAP? OR IS THAT ONLY BECAUSE HE IS ACCUSING YOU.

I am going to need a lot more coffee if I'm gonna be playing with this guy.

Xtomx is clearly doing everything in his power to not elaborate his posts. In my attempts to make him post more he has not given me sufficient detail or reasonable explanations. It seems too much like he is trying to not slip up and cover his tracks.

vote: Xtomx
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #29) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:08 pm

Post by Godot »

Xtoxm wrote:Tell me what you want more detail on or explanation on, cos so far you haven't done that at all.
Godot wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:Oh, and who do I think is most town, gotta be Sierra.
Why?
Godot wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:If twister is on L-1, I shall
unvote
, he is begining to convince me...
Sigh.. Now why do you say this? Wait.. Don't tell me, another gut feeling right?

I'd sure as hell hope not. One or two gut feelings are fine but basing your whole game off what you feel isn't going to be very productive.

I'd like to see you measure out the scum tells and town tells and come back to us with good reasonings on this.

I will give my own analysis of Twister after this post.
Godot wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:Ok..Godot, I think this sounds liek the type of thing a townie would say
What about that post strikes you as a townie thing?

FUCK
Godot wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
I thought it was still obvious (see the post you just quoted), but I think Xtoxm/Thok. Or Thok/Xtoxm.
Isn't that both the same thing???
I think that he's jumping around a lot. Not voting so much, but trying to find a good target to lay his vote down on. I'll try to post more in detail about this tomorrow.
What? Thats a load of crap
For the hundredth time, WHY? WHY IS IT CRAP, WHAT PART OF IT IS CRAP, IS IT ALL CRAP? OR IS THAT ONLY BECAUSE HE IS ACCUSING YOU.
All of your answers to those questions (except for maybe the last) have been 2nd rate. The fact that you are saying that I haven't not asked you to explain yourself is rubbish.

I'm on my 16th cup of coffee, this day better end soon.

Kison I will read into Twister later.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (isolation #30) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:41 pm

Post by Godot »

Xtoxm wrote:Another thing i'd like to add, about Franzie. He says he has been very busy lately, yet he managed to turn up and post his analysis in the middle of everyone posting their's. I think the mafia would want to get their's neatly in like that (as did you Godot), So as not to fall under suspicion for not posting it.
This is JUST like the our doctor thing.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (isolation #31) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Godot »

Xtoxm wrote:EBWOP: Godot, I think your subtle statements about me being stressful are a ploy (cups of coffee), and you are finding a reason to place your vote on me, over nothing, after you said you would vote not over the mafia claim thing.
Have you ever played Phoenix Wright?
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (isolation #32) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by Godot »

Godot wrote:With remarks like that my suspicion is only going to grow.
Whether he earns my vote or not will be determined with in the next few pages, that I can assure.
Get your facts right.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (isolation #33) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by Godot »

Xtoxm wrote:
Godot wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:EBWOP: Godot, I think your subtle statements about me being stressful are a ploy (cups of coffee), and you are finding a reason to place your vote on me, over nothing, after you said you would vote not over the mafia claim thing.
Have you ever played Phoenix Wright?
Yes!!!

What made you think this??

(its a great game btw!!)
Then you should know that I, Godot, drink a lot of coffee. Right?
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (isolation #34) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by Godot »

Xtoxm wrote:
Godot wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:Another thing i'd like to add, about Franzie. He says he has been very busy lately, yet he managed to turn up and post his analysis in the middle of everyone posting their's. I think the mafia would want to get their's neatly in like that (as did you Godot), So as not to fall under suspicion for not posting it.
This is JUST like the our doctor thing.
I don't think it's like the our doctor thing at all, myself.
It is exactly like the our doctor thing because you are taking something that townies do and use it as a scum tell.

And fyi I do not think posting order is any sort of tell.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (isolation #35) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:47 pm

Post by Godot »

Xtoxm wrote:
Godot wrote:
Godot wrote:With remarks like that my suspicion is only going to grow.
Whether he earns my vote or not will be determined with in the next few pages, that I can assure.
Get your facts right.
Oh? Don't know why I thought you said you wern't going to vote me for it then. Perhaps I mixed you up with someone else..?
These things happen.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (isolation #36) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:50 pm

Post by Godot »

I make my appearance in PW3.

unvote: Xtomx

I do not thing that there is enough evidence to support a lynch for him, I will do the reread of Twister and see where we go from there.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (isolation #37) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by Godot »

The first one doesn't (I don't think).

It goes Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney:
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All and
Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations

The fourth one is coming out soon and is Apollo Justice or something like that.

SORRY FOR THE INSIGNIFICANT POSTS AND OFF TOPIC TALK. I'LL MAKE UP FOR IT, PROMISE.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (isolation #38) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by Godot »

Kison if I recall corectly it was you who asked me for a look at Twister, but it seems I already have, on page 6.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (isolation #39) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:14 am

Post by Godot »

Franzie wrote:Why the sudden turnaround? There was no new evidence in the half a page between the time you voted and the time you unvoted.
It's not a sudden turn around he is still my top scum contender.

How ever my evidence is based off their being a lack of evidence.

Pretty much I unvoted because my case had not convinced me that he is scum, whether I think he is or not.

Although you have brought up a good point. A very good point, in fact. I find it hard to believe that Xtomx would suddenly unvote when the person he has been gearing at all day is at L-1. If I remember correctly I asked him about his reasons for the unvote and the sudden change of heart and he replied "I think this is the type of thing a townie would say". Only making a reasonable defence 2 or 3 pages later.

This to me looks like a scum afraid of lynching his buddy after his bus had been taken too far.

Do note though, that this is all based off the assumption that Twister is scum. If Twister isn't scum this would just look like a townie afraid of a lynch.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #40) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by Godot »

Xtoxm wrote:Godot: Have you played this game on another site, or is this your first time?
I am an alt.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (isolation #41) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:29 pm

Post by Godot »

It means that I am someone else on this forum, under a different username.

Merry Christmas everyone, btw.

vote: Xtomx
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (isolation #42) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:55 pm

Post by Godot »

Sorry guys, it's been a while since I played. I forgot to change accounts :\
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (isolation #43) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:30 pm

Post by Godot »

Xtoxm wrote:I guess I have to defend myself from Godot, well, I think Godot is mafia, so
vote godot
So are you going to elaborate on why I am scum? That would be nice.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (isolation #44) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:44 pm

Post by Godot »

Xtoxm wrote:
Godot wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:I guess I have to defend myself from Godot, well, I think Godot is mafia, so
vote godot
So are you going to elaborate on why I am scum? That would be nice.
I already have previously. And all you said for me cos u were bored.
I didn't accuse you of being scum though. I was just bored with the game, so I voted, hoping it discussion would pick up.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (isolation #45) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Godot »

I'm telling this only happens in the mornings ):
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #238 (isolation #46) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Godot »

I'd like to remind everyone that we are actually playing a game here.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (isolation #47) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:37 am

Post by Godot »

No matter what I do now I will look scummy. In regards to voting Twister, that is.

I don't have a reason to vote Twister, other than hoping it would bring activity back to the game. But the rest of the town seem to be sure of his mafia role so I'm gonna go with that.

unvote:

vote: Twister
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (isolation #48) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:59 pm

Post by Godot »

Go town!
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (isolation #49) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by Godot »

Congratulations Thok.

Sierra, I was %100 certain you were the doctor for two reasons, your talk about role claiming in the beginning of the game, it made me think either you were roleblocker or doctor (as I was cop). But then during a reread in the night phase I had found your claim, if I wasn't night killed I would've saved you and cleared Xtomx of his name because I would have most likely claimed and aimed to end it that day.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”