Newbie 575: Harry Potter - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

I shall replace the wet one, aka "el mojado"
so /confirm.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

Since I'm here, hi every one and (random)
vote:Captaincake
, as that seems to be the way we get started.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:25 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

I'm gonna go ahead and
Unvote: CaptainCake
with two votes and 2 mafia's... that just seems dangerous.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:23 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

I figured as much, but I guess I'm paranoid... first game and all.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

Hmm, so eager to lynch that were voting for people not even in this game, eh? Lesser
FoS: CaptainCake
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

Ak has some good points here, however, remember this is a newb zone. Overeagerness might come off as scummy. I'll keep my finger where it is and wait to hear what CaptainCake has to say in response to you.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:28 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

Um.. I don't see where he FoS'ed Ak. He did use the abbreviation: AFAIK, which is As far as I know. Maybe you are mistaken?
Still waiting for the Captain's response.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:59 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

geraintm wrote: i don't understand this Hito.
Why are you FOSing AK47?
I don't think hitogoroshi intended to FOS anyone, but to say that we should be using FoS at this point of the game.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:00 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

EBWODP:
Ignore that last message from me, I misread your post above it.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:48 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

Ak's post regarding CaptainCake did seem a bit forced. His points seem valid, but Captaincake's strange vote can be excused as newbishness. Other than that, Ak seems to be reaching a bit here.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:57 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

hitogoroshi wrote:Plus, when we're voting primarily to see the response but we're past random, we should be FOSing at first AFAIK.
I don't know why but as I read this thread over, this really stuck out, aside from Cakegate, witch I am willing to chalk up to newbness. It seems to me that a day one scum lynch is the desired outcome. A FoS is nothing, I suposse your target should say something, but it doesn't actuallty force their hand, so to speak. I don't know, maybe I'm just looking for any little thing to jump out. Ak is starting to become suspicous to me, in a way that I HOPE he's a townie, because I don't want to face him if he is mafia.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #11) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

I don't know, Ak just seems like someone that I don't want to battle wits with, so I really hope he is town. All of his posts seem to be well thought out. IDK. I just get the feeling that if he is mafia, this will be hard for townies.
And I was posting last night after a long day, so that may have fuled my suspisions there, Hitogoroshi.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:46 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

No, no, don't get me wrong. I still stand by my posts. Regarding my first "critical" post of Ak, I agreed with regards to suspicion of CaptainCake, but he defended himself decently. IGMEOUS, though. I didn't mean to sound like I was trying to buddy up, only that I wouldn't want to be in a situation where it would be myself, Ak(hypothetically as mafia) and some one else. I feel that Ak might be more able to persuade some one to vote for a fellow townie. Although, I suppose I should suspect that of anyone...

I am only slightly suspicious of Hitogoroshi. Mr. G's absence doesn't look too good. I haven't really an opinion of any one else. The reason that I put that line there, is because the way I post is kinda "stream of consciousness", in that I start typing as it comes to me. It would have made more sense to separate it, but c'est la vie.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:14 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

geraintm wrote:
PyroDwarf wrote: @ geraintm - you really need to hop in and explain your pounce on hito's supposed FoS. While it was miniscule to me as a clerical error at the time, you being quiet while EVERYONE else has checked in bothers me.
vote: geraintm
until he shows up and gives an explanation.
Yeah, that wasn't me. Also, I like how TM actually provides a case against me and then Geraintm hops right on.
Talmadge Monroe wrote:Pyro is trying to get rid of AK because he feels threatened.
This is just plain wrong. If i were threatened by Ak I would try to build a case against him. It wasn't my intention to make Ak a target.
Geraitm wrote:his post where he unvoted when the captain was on 2 votes, either that is really newbie wariyness, thinking that 2 votes is close to getting lynched (it isn't, for those who havne't played a game with 7 people in, 2 votes is nothing to worry about at all)
Given the fact that I have never played mafia before, I think we can safely say I'm a newb.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:16 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

Talmadge Monroe wrote:Also, I don't think the second part I quoted means much at all. He probably typed up the brackets instead of using the quote button and just misspelled the name.
Word.
hitogoroshi wrote:If a townie says something stupid, they say "wow that was kinda bad sorry" and agree when the others call them on it. But often, scum get the feeling that they have to always be "right" with anything they ever said.
I don't think I've said anything too stupid. I just didn't want to go back on my statements 'cuz I kno people would jump all over that too.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:31 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

Talmadge Monroe wrote:You've made 3 posts now trying to make it look as if AK is persuasive and possibly dangerous. This is either the 3 worst accidental posts in townie history, or you're just not doing a very good job of causing dissent among us townies.
It was never my intention to cause dissent. I don't even know what my intention was. You say the worst three posts in townie history. I am inclined to agree with you, as I look up at everyone with a shovel in my hand. I am new to this, as I imagine we all are, this is just my bad. I complimented another player and then while trying to explain my self made myself a target.
CaptainCake wrote:How exactly is he(geraintm) hopping on? At the time there was only 1 vote on you and he didn't vote or FoS you.
geraintm wrote:i don't know about pyro i got realyl weird vibes. like he was half buddyignup to AK47 with all his "oh, he is a realyl good player" ones
That was right after TM's post that I quoted up there. He takes what TM said, condenses it, and talks about my unvote, like a scum would unvote to prove he is not scum.
The situation I have gotten myself in does not look good. My comments toward Ak have pinged your scum detectors. My attempts to explain my self only seem to make matters worse for myself. I am unsure of what to say, as I don't want to compound my "guilt". I suggest that the cop investigates me. As for my suspects(in no particular order): everyone who isn't me.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

hitogoroshi wrote:Pyrodwarf. He's the most likely to be lynched right now, and he seems to have a crippling ennui about the subject. Listen, buddy - if you're townie and you're looking at the noose, you fight tooth and nail to live, cause if we mis-lynch and learn you were townie, we have that much more to go off of against the scum
If only I knew how to defend my self. My last post wasn't good enough. Just because I complimented a player, I'm gonna hang. The scum are loving this, as they know I am innocent. But, its cool I'll just take this as a learning experience. Next time I'll keep to m self and only speak when spoken too.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:06 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

Alright, I need to pull out a johnny cochrine style "if it doesn't fit you must acquit" style defense. Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed mafia game, what has Pyro done to be so scummy? Complimenting another player on their style? Trying to explain himself? Now, I realize that talking so much about Ak made him a target. I apologize for this. I didn't think that explaining myself would get me in this deep, but I am no good with persuading people. If you ask me the case for my scummieness is rather weak. TM maintains that I have 3 "slip ups" and that I have not adequately defended myself.
PyroDwarf wrote:
2.I don't know, Ak just seems like someone that I don't want to battle wits with, so I really hope he is town. All of his posts seem to be well thought out. IDK. I just get the feeling that if he is mafia, this will be hard for townies.

1.Ak is starting to become suspicous to me, in a way that I HOPE he's a townie, because I don't want to face him if he is mafia.

3.I didn't mean to sound like I was trying to buddy up, only that I wouldn't want to be in a situation where it would be myself, Ak(hypothetically as mafia) and some one else. I feel that Ak might be more able to persuade some one to vote for a fellow townie. Although, I suppose I should suspect that of anyone...
I numbered these because TM got them out of order. Post 1: I don't think the word suspicious is what i should have used here, Should have just been "I hope Ak is town because..."
Post2:This caught me flak because it seems to contradict:
pyrodwarf wrote:Ak's post regarding CaptainCake did seem a bit forced. His points seem valid, but Captaincake's strange vote can be excused as newbishness. Other than that, Ak seems to be reaching a bit here.
Yes he was reaching, but not in illogical ways. His link between CaptainCake and Hitogoroshi was rather weak and forced. However the way he presented it was sound. It's like a pet rock, who in there right mind would buy a rock? But put some google eyes on it and BAM $5 rock.
post3: This was in response to allegations that I was trying to be friendly to AK. I didn't know that being friendly was such a horrible scum tell. Just because I say I don't want to face Ak mafia. Ak was wondering If Geranitm and myself were trying to get him out of the game. At that point in the game I just tiny suspicions of a few people. I intend only to vote when I am sure.
talmadge Monroe wrote:If AK is mafia, we need to know why you think so instead of 3 suspicious posts that straddle the fence, so to speak.
If AK is townie, you've just effectively nightkilled him by placing him on a pedestal.
I don't think Ak is scum anymore than I think all of you are scum.
geraintm wrote:but his post where he unvoted when the captain was on 2 votes, either that is really newbie wariyness, thinking that 2 votes is close to getting lynched
This was in response to the second post in my long and prosperous mafia career. I thought "4 to lynch, man he's halfway there!" I realize now that it would mean that: CaptainCake would have to not be scum, either of the two mafia hadn't already voted, and both mafia placing a vote on Captain quickly, to guarantee a hammer, thereby outing themselves. I'll just say I had an imperfect understanding of the game.
Regarding my attitude last night, I came home from work with a headache to my pregnant and hormonal girlfriend. Seeing a rather dangerous wagon heading towards me, I kinda just thought F*** it. And my suspicions still stand; There is too much heat on me to get a read.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

Captaincake: sure is trying to build that bridge between me and Ak. Any link between the two of us is purely my fault. The lengths he went to drawing these connections made me suspicious. Fisrt I'm trying to get him killed, now i'm his scum buddy.

TM: same reasons as captaincake

Hito: Limited posts, nothing new for me to add.

Ak: sure he is uncomfortable in the spotlight, but who wouldn't be?

Gerantim: actually doesn't seem to bad. Ditto for bogzzie.

My money is on Captain , then a tie netween hito and TM.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:02 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

I think I have the most posts cause I've had to defend myself the most. My defences have so far been lacking.
boggzie wrote:The problem is you did say that.
It's not like I can take it back, and I can't explain it properly so there isn't much I can do about it. I will say that if this were a scum tactic on my part, I would be embarrased. This obviously wouldn't fly. I can offer no excuse for my actions other than just making conversation. Bog has offerd a valid explaination for my actions. I know this is playing the newb card, but seriously this is my first game. Now, if Bog or Ak comes up as scum, I don't want to be lynched. Bog was helping me pro bono. I was suprised when someone was defending me.
I don't know how the cop would be able to help without putting themself in danger. Unless we hit scum to day and the cop gets a hit w/o being NKed.
CaptainCake is still numero uno on my scum list.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #20) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:59 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

geraintm wrote:This post raised my radar, but i suspect it is likely to have been written in the same way as many of his ther posts
I am just wondering how a cop can report their findings w/o being killed. This is a general mafia question, I am not fishing for anything in this game.
hitogoroshi wrote: Via elimination, this places Dwarf and Cake as scum. Personally, Cake seems to strike me more as scum at this point. Pyro at least is finally in survival mode, if you will - Cake...well, I feel there's been a solid enough case made already. I have a poetry book to write. xD
Well, I partly agree with him. I do think Cake is scum. I know I am not. I think I was in survival mode, but if I wasn't then what is survival mode? I was feeling pretty close to being lynched there. I think then that a scum has a vote on me already. So, that mean I'll adjust my suspects to TM in first place, and a tie between Hito and Cake.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:32 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

Well, Hito, I hope you feel better. If you feel like you are unable to continue playing, ask Guardian to replace you. That way we aren't down a potential townie.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:45 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

talmadge monroe wrote:To restate my piece on Pyro - I still don't see this survival mode anyone is talking about. I don't like his defense and everyone knows this, so I don't feel that I need to reiterate it again other than to say if someone else does something scummier, that's where my vote is going to go.
I suppose having two votes is survival mode. Also, I was trying to defend myself from multiple accusations. I've already admitted that what I said doesn't look good for me. I can also see that it was just one comment that shouldn't have been made blown up into a big thing because I couldn't properly explain my self to Boggzie. Tm takes advantage of my botched explanations and is sure that I am scum. This recent "revelation" about hito makes me rethink my stance.
talmadge Monroe wrote:I'm ready to put hito at L-1 as we absolutely need to get some answers here.
Earlier in this post you called for his replacement, then you say you'll put him a L-1. Whuzzupwitdat?
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:46 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

EBWODP:
Ignore the last two lines of my last post.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #24) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:10 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

About hito. If he is replace I'll want to see how the new guy takes it.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:05 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

Yes, I know my posting during weekend is sporadic. My work schedule is busiest during the weekends. Also, in related news, I hate daylight savings time.
Anyways, here goes for a new suspicion list.

CaptainCake. Absences aren't a too bad, I'd be worried if we don't hear from him by tonight though. His early behavior(posts 33 and 38, making a strange play and changing the subject quickly) Then, he starts calling me and Ak a pair jumping onto my bad play. He has to defend himself some more, then no more. My suspicions of him are about a 6/10(10 being scum)

Star:
~*star*~ wrote:That is why I considered not even mentioning the pm that Hito sent me. I didn't really have a choice though, because Guardian had already posted that Hito had sent me a message. I completely recognize the fact that it doesn't help me, and in fact makes me look a little worse.
If you weren't going to tell us, why tell us that? Thats plus on scum point from me. I'm still getting a read so I'll put her at 5/10

TM: Right after I suggest that a scum probably has a vote on me he drops his. TM was so adamant that I am scum. He couldn't get anyone else to jump on my wagon. I'm sure a scum could have made up some good reasons of their own to vote for me. 7/10

Ak: Seemed super nervous when I was putting my foot in my mouth. Again, I can see how being put into the spotlight can do that, but no one said he was scummy. Was he afraid of a NK? I think scum would try to hit the cop, and I am not convinced of "cop or scum". He also removed his vote from me when I mentioned something.7/10

Boggzie:Well, he was helpful to me, but that doesn't mean he is town, just being an IC. He seems convinced that hito/star and cake are scum. 3/10

Gerantim: seems to not rock the boat. Hasn't said any thing controversial that I can recall. 2/10
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #26) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:18 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

@everyone: I was just reading thru and thoes were some opinions that I had come up with.
Tm, what I mean to say in that last line is that is scum didn't have a vote on me, I am sure they could have come up with a good reason to hop on my wagon. I was just putting this out there to see how you and would defend.
Bog, I don't think I would catch a retarded fish with this bait. Who else thinks I'm the cop?
Cake,I am not trying to bring up old events, I was using that as an example of early game stuff that I thought was kinda scummy. I do agree with you regarding gerantim.
So in general, the responces I recieved helped.
Tm:6/10 Ak: 7/10 Cake: 5/10 Star: 6/10 Bog: 3/10 Ger: 5/10
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #27) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:52 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

so... much... text... If I had been in star's position I would have just said, "That was him this is me" I'm not going to/ shouldn't have to explain another person's actions. Ummmmmm. I was leaning towards hito being scum, but IDK. Boggzie seems to want her lynched. Maybe he should consider the tunnel vision he was talking about earlier.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”