Newbie 1009- The Wrath of Sudo! Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Newbie 1009- The Wrath of Sudo! Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So now we play Mafia for the first time since the last time mafia was played. A group gathers round, and we aren't going anywhere until a bunch of people are dead. Yay?

Deadline is October 26

WINNERS!
Death the Kid
Mafia Roleblocker

parknourie (SE)
Mafia Goon

Dead:
Robbnva (SE)
Townie
, lynched day one.
Morthas
Townie
, killed night one.
FeRnAnDo (SE)
Townie
, lynched day two.
Baby Spice
DerbyBolts
Townie
, killed night two.
Debonair Danny DiPietro (IC)
Townie
, lynched day two.
Akira
Townie
, killed in endgame.
McGriddle
Katsuki (SE)
, killed in endgame.
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:06 am, edited 17 times in total.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Rules post:
1. First and foremost, this is a game, and that means everyone is supposed to have fun.
2. Days last for three weeks, or until a majority vote for a lynch has been reached. Votes must be bolded- e.g.
Vote: Sudo_Nym
Luckily, this is now automatic, using vote tags.
3. For ease of bookkeepping, please unvote (e.g.
Unvote
) before changing your vote to somebody else. It isn't absolutely required, but is much appreciated.
4. If no majority is reached within the three week time limit, then it goes down as a no lynch, so I suggest you be active.
5. I reserve the right to shorten the deadline to encourage activity, as necessary, or to extend the deadline under special circumstances, but don't expect it to happen.
6. The mafia gets to kill one person every night. I don't care who submits the kill to me, so long as the mafia agrees.
7. The mafia is allowed to talk to each other at night via PMs. They may not talk during the day, and if you aren't mafia, then you don't get to PM the other players at all. This is a serious rules violation; you are not allowed to talk about this game outside of this thread while the game is ongoing, and you are not allowed to talk about other ongoing games in this thread, and both are punishable by modkill.
8. DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I am so not kidding.
9. I will prod you after 48 hours with no activity, and start looking for replacements after 72 hours. If you know you'll be away, though, let me know, and we'll work something out.
10. I post in
Red
. This is my color, for posting important mod stuff. Don't use red. You can have any other color, if black isn't good enough for you.
11. You may not discuss this game outside of this thread until it is complete.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

This game is under the F11 setup, which is now the standard for newbie games on the site, and was adopted to prevent game-breaking. It will feature one of the following formats, randomly selected:

- 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, vs. 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
- 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker vs. 7 Townies
- 2 Mafia Goons vs. 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
- 2 Mafia Goons vs. 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies.

Note that, under the first two setups, if the goon dies, the roleblocker will still be allowed to kill in addition to roleblocking, and may select different targets for his abilities.

The following are copies of the role pms that may be sent out during this game, with the names excluded, natch:
Townie
- You are a member of the town, out to root out the mafia and defend your town. You don't have any special powers, beyond your ability to think, reason, and vote. You win when the mafia is dead.
Cop
- You are a sworn police officer, and defender of the town. Each night, you may investigate a player. Every night, PM me the name of the player you wish to investigate, and I will tell you if that player is town or mafia. You may only do this once each night, though, so choose wisely. You win when the mafia is dead.
Doctor
- You are a trained medical professional, and defender of the town. Each night, you may protect a player. Every night, PM me the name of the player you wish to protect; if that player would be killed during the night, that kill is cancelled and the player will continue to live. You may only protect one player every night, and this protect continues only for that night. You may not protect yourself. You win when the mafia is dead.
Mafia
- You are the mafia, the scum of the earth, and your partner is crime is (insert name). During the day, you may post and vote like any other player, but at night, things get sinister. You and your partner may talk at night to discuss strategy and who to kill: PM me the name of the player the Mafia wants to wack, and that player shall snuff it.
Mafia Roleblocker
- You are the mafia, the scum of the earth, and your partner in crime is (insert name). During the day, you may post and vote like any other player, but at night, things get sinister. You and your partner may talk at night to discuss strategy and who to kill: PM me the name of the player the mafia wants to wak, and that player shall snuff it. You also have the power to roleblock another player- PM me the name of the player you want to block, and if that player has a night power, they will be blocked from using it that night.
Admittedly, I may have overdone it on the flavor, so if you have any questions about your actual abilities, feel free to ask me via PM or your IC in thread, and one of us will be sure to clarify.
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by parknourie »

/confirming

Hi guys~. No one in here, have I played with before~
Sex and Golf are Two Things You Can Enjoy Without Being Very Good At It.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

/confirm
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Robbnva »

/confirm
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
FeRnAnDo
FeRnAnDo
Goon
FeRnAnDo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by FeRnAnDo »

/confirm
Never discuss with an idiot, he'll take it to his level and win due to experience.

In sports, it's not important to win or lose, but to get drunk.
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by parknourie »

I am warning you guys beforehand, that I will not post as often as some of you will be.
However, do not mistake this as lurking, as it will be purely because I can't go online, not looking at others' posts but not posting myself.
The reason? Cambridge International Examinations 2010 Oct/Nov is the reason. Unfortunately, I have to participate in these dreadful exams which confines me from visiting here everyday.
But I'll try to be helpful when I can. so...Go Town!
-Kevin Costner, Actor
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Here
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by Morthas »

/confirm
Capitalism, ho
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:58 pm

Post by Akira »

/confirm
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
DerbyBolts
DerbyBolts
Townie
DerbyBolts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Post by DerbyBolts »

/confirm
Death the Kid
Death the Kid
Townie
Death the Kid
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Death the Kid »

/confirm

Looking forward to it. Might be inactive for the next two days, as Eid is occuring.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Alright, 8 of 9 is enough to begin the game; Fernando will be replaced if he doesn't come along soon.
FeRnAnDo
FeRnAnDo
Goon
FeRnAnDo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by FeRnAnDo »

erm? wasn't I the 4th to confirm? Are there any problems with my posts?
Never discuss with an idiot, he'll take it to his level and win due to experience.

Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by Robbnva »

FeRnAnDo wrote:erm? wasn't I the 4th to confirm? Are there any problems with my posts?
yep you did confirm, I guess the mod must have missed it.
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sorry, human error. Correcting...
Dickov
Dickov
Townie
Dickov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by Dickov »

Yo guys, first post ever, can I play?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Unfortunately, no. However, there is a queue here, where we'd be happy to find you a game to play in.
Dickov
Dickov
Townie
Dickov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Dickov »

Okay cool, thanks for that. Sorry if I'm infringing on the forum protocols by going straight to a game, I had no idea.
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by parknourie »

Umm...yeah~. That was random...
-Kevin Costner, Actor
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:38 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Oi, to head off questions of this nature: I respond to nearly any variation of my name from the full thing to DDD, Danny to DDDP to "Hey, you" as long as I know that I'm the "Hey, you" you're referring to. As the IC, I'm here to answer questions and provide some order to the game while also playing the game. If you have some question not related directly to your role (those questions should be sent to Sudo) feel free to ask them. It is much better to ask a question than to blunder and hurt the town accidentally.

Other than that, you get out of this game what you put in. So if you want to have fun, come in with a positive attitude, don't take any debate, arguments, or accusations personally and just pretend it's Pat Benetar and give it your best shot. I think experience is the best teacher and so unless otherwise prompted I'll be playing the game the same as the rest of you.

~

VOTE: parknourie Why turn down the opportunity to get the game started unless he doesn't want the town to get going in finding scum...?
FeRnAnDo
FeRnAnDo
Goon
FeRnAnDo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:06 am

Post by FeRnAnDo »

Erm, I know voting is pro-town and get people to talk, but wasn't parknourie just commenting on Dickov's appearance? Looks like you're trying to create a bandwagon out of blue, which might turn out bad for the town. However, i'll not vote on anyone, i'll wait for him to talk. But still...

FoS: DiPietro

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Katsuki »

Vote: DDD

Ridic reasoning.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:35 am

Post by Morthas »

FeRnAnDo wrote:Erm, I know voting is pro-town and get people to talk, but wasn't parknourie just commenting on Dickov's appearance? Looks like you're trying to create a bandwagon out of blue, which might turn out bad for the town. However, i'll not vote on anyone, i'll wait for him to talk. But still...

FoS: DiPietro

Voting at the start seems to be very pro town because it may cause a reaction, and while we are at start we should use what we can to get the conversations rolling, but deciding not to vote at the 2nd vote of the game and promoting the idea that voting (only because this is start of the game) is bad which could result with people being less 'willing to vote does strikes me as suspicious. Another thing is that you may be only FoSing just to keep under the radar later on when someone rereads the thread, as far as i know if you want someone to talk you vote for him.

VOTE: Fenrando
Capitalism, ho

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”