Dance of the Title Thread: Resurgence in wild?

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4003 (isolation #200) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:29 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Nom Gamma Emerald for “the right stuff”

Gamma is an extremely ethical person, always standing up for what he believes is right. I also considered “moral compass”, “code of conduct” and “heart of gold” but I thought the first two could possibly be misinterpreted as maybe preachy and the third might not quite describe what I’m trying to express the best. Then I thought of “the right stuff”, which encapsulates best what I’m trying to say and is also more nuanced since he always brings alot to the table in ever game he’s in.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4006 (isolation #201) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:16 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4005, Jingle wrote:Eh. While I don't disagree with any of the individual things said, none of that screams Gamma to me in any appreciable way, tbh.
How so? He always puts ethics above everything else in pretty much every game he’s in and if he believes anyone has said/done anything that violates his moral code, he won’t hesitate to call them out on it.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4008 (isolation #202) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4007, Ydrasse wrote:i don’t think the imposing of a personal moral code is the type of thing that a person should rewarded/be remembered for. a lot of people do this and it’s not specific to gamma and imo robs him of something that could be more unique to him as a player

anti-nom

that is to say, a lot of people bring “the right stuff” in their eyes and the eyes of other but it’s subjective and gamma deserves something more personal/relevant
I was trying to express what I have evidenced from Gamma in multiple games in a way that would be interpreted favourably. It’s true other people do do this as well but it’s one of the things that has been a long-standing feature of his games. If it was only recent, I wouldn’t have suggested it.

I also think there may also be something relevant in the movie reference as well and if anyone is interested in my elaborating on that, I can put the effort into possibly doing so.

Eta: that said, I would very much like to see him get a title, Taly as well.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4016 (isolation #203) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4014, CheekyTeeky wrote:What about "into the fire"
- gamma leans in when he believes in something, courage, vulnerability on his sleeve
- gamma almost always a target for D1 lim regardless of alignment and often manages to come out unburnt.
- gives into his passions (fire a metaphor) at times in and out of game
“fire walker”?

You were the one who inspired my awesome title. Maybe genius will strike again? <3
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4018 (isolation #204) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:56 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4023 (isolation #205) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I still like “the right stuff” best for Gamma but

how ‘bout
diamond in the rough
?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4037 (isolation #206) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4033, Jingle wrote:
In post 4023, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:how ‘bout diamond in the rough?
"Ethical Gem" might be a fix to tie your "Right Stuff" intention to this. (And it's a username reference.)

Kind of a "Rare to see someone actually standing by their morals in this day and age" reference. I dunno, I'm not in love with it but it seems like a step up and it might lead somewhere.
Wouldn’t “rare gem” be better then or something maybe jewel related?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4040 (isolation #207) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:14 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4039, Ydrasse wrote:why not go for emerald in the rough for gamma instead of diamond in the rough
I think titles connected to usernames are frowned upon.

I was planning on looking up TRS film to see if there are any parallels but been too depressed and lazy so far. :(
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4046 (isolation #208) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:45 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

“unpolished jewel” perhaps?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4048 (isolation #209) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:41 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4037, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4033, Jingle wrote:
In post 4023, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:how ‘bout diamond in the rough?
"Ethical Gem" might be a fix to tie your "Right Stuff" intention to this. (And it's a username reference.)

Kind of a "Rare to see someone actually standing by their morals in this day and age" reference. I dunno, I'm not in love with it but it seems like a step up and it might lead somewhere.
Wouldn’t “rare gem” be better then or something maybe jewel related?
How about “righteous jewel” then?

but I also like “rare gem” too.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4050 (isolation #210) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4049, Nero Cain wrote:the reasoning for Gamma's titling seems pretty wonky.
I know you guys aren’t currently on the best of terms but I don’t honestly get why you’re framing what I consider his principled stances as “tilting”?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4052 (isolation #211) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:58 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4050, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4049, Nero Cain wrote:the reasoning for Gamma's titling seems pretty wonky.
I know you guys aren’t currently on the best of terms but I don’t honestly get why you’re framing what I consider his principled stances as “tilting”?
People might be unaware of this but Gamma has gone out on a major limb for me awhile ago when I was being unfairly anonymously blacklisted from a few games, so definitely not “tilting”. He didn’t have to do that for me but he did it anyway, so I hope you two can work out your differences and hopefully clear up any misunderstandings you might have.
Last edited by Nancy Drew 39 on Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4053 (isolation #212) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4051, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 4050, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
I think you misread, Nancy. He said the titling reasons seem off, nothing about him or his stances being tilting
I don’t understand then because my reasoning has zilch to do with tilting. He takes principled stances which I haven’t necessarily always like or agreed with but it’s a longstanding characteristic of his posting.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4055 (isolation #213) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4054, Jingle wrote:
In post 4052, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:People might be unaware of this but Gamma has gone out on a major limb for me wrt to extremely upsetting onsite things that happened to me awhile ago, so definitely not “tilting”. He didn’t have to do that for me but he did it anyway, so I hope you two can work out your differences and hopefully clear up any misunderstandings you might have.
That's not what Ari is saying. I know you have some degree of dyslexia so I completely understand the mistake.

What Nero said is titling, as in the process of receiving a title.

What I think you're reading is tilting, as in being put off center.

Nero isn't making aspersions about Gamma's character here, just saying that the reasoning on these particular titles seems off to him.
:oops:

Oh sorry Nero. I obviously misread. :facepalm:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4057 (isolation #214) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:22 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4056, Jingle wrote:
In post 4048, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:How about “righteous jewel” then?

but I also like “rare gem” too.
I think the 'rare gem' loses the ethics/morality connotation you were going for and is mostly a username thing which makes it kinda meh. Not opposed to Righteous Jewel.
nom Gamma for “righteous jewel”
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4194 (isolation #215) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:07 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4193, CreativeMod1 wrote:
In post 4161, Ariel wrote:
Nominate CreativeMod1 for Operative Excelence

Excelence refers to how he has made positive contributions to the community with cool spreadsheets.
  • The most obvious example is the LSG Mod Spreadsheet Template he made that helps automate and streamline the modding process.
  • Another example would include this Murder Mystery game he made via a spreadsheet that first was a LSG challenge but later also publicized as a fun Mish Mash game.
  • For another LSG challenge, he automated a spreadsheet to give live responses about whether participants made correct or incorrect guesses. It would calculate time penalties based on incorrect guesses.
I thought it would be fun to make it "Operative" Excelence because it references that he mods Codenames as a Mish Mash game. I think it can also represent that he's generally passionate about modding.

I think he likes to keep things entertaining for game spectators and promote positivity, and so I'd be open to alternate suggestions more in a vein of like "Excelent Entertainer." Operative Excelence is the best spin on it that I personally have to offer tho!
Thank you!!! This is really cool and I accept this

Also, may I request the spelling to be "excellence" cos us brits love extra letters in our words :P

Isn’t “excellence” the correct spelling?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Player Titles”