Titling Discussion

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #293 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:27 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 289, esuriospiritus wrote:The rules used to be a lot more strict, but they've loosened up a bit over the years and I don't see a problem with the way things are currently handled. So I'm mildly opposed on that basis, and on the basis that it probably feels
real
fucking bad to ask for a title and find out you hadn't yet made an impression on anyone enough for them to come up with one for you. "Make more MS friends?" is pretty obvious advice for getting titled from my perspective, but I also can still remember being new here and feeling like everyone already
had
their cliques and that I couldn't reasonably be expected to be invited in to any of them. If you can't
ask
for a title, at least there's, like, plausible deniability that maybe someone is thinking of a title for you but just hasn't landed on a good one yet...?

In short, my main concern is that making a thread that permitted folks to ask for titles would be setting them up for disappointment and hurt if they don't get one. That said, I'd be curious to hear from newer and/or untitled folks because they're the ones that are going to have more stake in such a change. Maybe making this change but, I don't know, requiring people be here and active for at least a year before requesting a title? could help eliminate the above hypothetical.
i agree with this. i think that the default should be to assume that people would be happy with a title and they can decline if they'd like.

it's possible there could be a use for a thread for people commenting on titles for themselves, though it would be pretty awkward to use.

-ace+sonya+simon
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign

Return to “Player Titles”