[SETUP] Two-Fold Chosen Mafia

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 8, Creature wrote:T = 0

Problem?
That's hilarious.

No idea if it's balanced (it probably isn't, to be fair), but it's so screwy that it likely doesn't matter. Normally, a game's balance doesn't matter if it's heavily swingy (likewise, its swing doesn't matter if it's heavily skewed, its skew doesn't matter if it has extreme kurtosis…); in this case, the game's so screwy that I think all of balance, swing, skew, and kurtosis go out of the window. It might be worth trying to rework into a Mish Mash game, perhaps?
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:41 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

I'm not a huge fan of the near-Prisoner's Dilemma here. (It's in both scumteams' interests to try to get the other team to take out the Chosen, and look scummier for doing so. But if neither team does, they'll both lose, unless town mistakenly does it for them.)

Scum should be trying to cross-kill at night until two Chosen are lynched (hitting a VT is pretty much the worst possible option for them, maybe worse than a no-kill). So at least that removes one common bit of screwiness from multiball.

I'm slightly worried that optimal town strategy may be to act scummy in the hope of being nightkilled (although obviously that backfires if you're actually Chosen, so it probably isn't). It's rare to have a setup in which the death of VTs has a decent chance of benefitting town!
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”