Big Brother--A Live Social Game--July 20th--COMPLETED

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Big Brother--A Live Social Game--July 20th--COMPLETED

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:57 am

Post by PrivateI »

I woke up this morning realizing that I have a boring weekend ahead. Perhaps you do as well! If so, I urge you to join me in playing a game I've created.

This game will happen TOMORROW, and will begin at 7:30 pm EDT. It will last for a few hours. It will be primarily in the Big Brother format. If you don't know what Big Brother is, but you DO know what Survivor is, I'd urge you to sign up anyway. It's a really fun game format that involves voting people out.

The Big Brother game will occur, once again, LIVE tomorrow, on a Discord server I'll create. But that's only if I get enough players!

I'm looking for twelve to thirteen people, so sign up, get your friends and enemies alike to sign up, and let's have a good time this weekend.

Playerlist

1. Racefan?
2. Aronis
3. Skelda
4. McMenno
5. Iprobablysuck
6. Pantaleon
7. Adorabebs
8. Randomidget
9. Awoo
10. Jumble
11. Panzerjager
12. Entreri
13. Drench

Alternates

Spectating

1. The Worst
2. Aristophanes
3. Chemist1422
4. Klick
Last edited by PrivateI on Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:10 am, edited 24 times in total.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:10 am

Post by PrivateI »

For the uninitiated, a Big Brother round, like a Survivor round, starts with one person getting power, and ends with people voting on who should be eliminated. Here's how it works: players play in a competition. The winner becomes the "Head of Household". Now, the Head of Household, or HoH, is safe from being eliminated in that round. They also have a major responsibility. They must nominate two of their fellow players for eviction.

After the HoH nominates two players for eviction, a second competition takes place in that round for the Power of Veto. The winner of the Power of Veto is also safe for the round, and can "Veto" one of the nominations, forcing the HoH to nominate a different person. The competitors in the PoV competitions are usually the HoH, the two nominees, and three other players selected by random draw--NOT everyone competes in PoV competitions.

After the PoV competition, and after the PoV is either used or not used, it's finally time to vote someone out. The two people nominated for eviction will not vote. The Head of Household does not initially vote, and only ends up voting if a tie is created. Everyone else secretly votes for one of the two nominees. The person with the most votes is eliminated.

Finally, we start the process over again, with a new Head of Household competition. IMPORTANT NOTE--In general, someone cannot win two consecutive HoH competitions.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:40 am

Post by PrivateI »

Wow six have signed up now we just need six more!
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:42 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Enough people have expressed interest in the game that it is definitely definitely happening. I have some really exciting twists all set up, and I think you'll really enjoy the competitions. This game can run with either 12 or 13 people, but any major shifts beyond that would screw me up a little bit. Can't wait to see you tomorrow (or today, depending on your time zone).
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #18 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:37 am

Post by PrivateI »

PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by PrivateI »

PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #32 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Thanks so much, Awoo! That looks so good! Do you have a template for that? I'd love for my charts to look better hahaha.

I think Cheery might be referring to the F6 round? You have Entreri as nominated when Random is actually nominated. Still a really great chart though.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”