The Weakest Link--Live Social Game Nov 23rd--OVER!!!!

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

The Weakest Link--Live Social Game Nov 23rd--OVER!!!!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:57 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Welcome to The Weakest Link!

~A Monty & Malkon Production~

This is a game that tests which of you Mish Mashonians is in fact the person who can survive up against the best of the best. This game is about 70% challenge ability 30% social ability (roughly) and will test your ability to outlast and outplay more than you ever have before. This game will occur on Saturday, November 23rd, at approximately 6pm EST via discord.

The game:

|01| Each round there will be a challenge with rules which will be explained in detail. Usually a sample round or two will be provided if the rules don’t make sense. After that, you duke it out.
|02| The challenge goes on until only two people have either failed or can’t complete it. Then, the remaining players in game vote which of these two players to eliminate. The person with the most votes is eliminated.
|03| Then rinse, wash, repeat until we are down to only two players left in the game. At this time, the power shifts to the jury, comprised of a number of individuals eliminated at a certain point which the mods will share with the players when it happens, to determine the strongest link of the two players remaining. The person with the most votes from the jury wins!

Rules:

|01| Have Fun!
|02| Be Nice! If you aren’t, you are going to have to see angry Malkon, and trust me you don’t want that :(
|03| Play to win! Otherwise, what’s the point? <3
|04| Respect the decision of the mods. There may be a judgement call on a challenge or two that is needed and the mods will have the final say. If you feel an incorrect decision has been made, you are welcome to ask for a review and we will review it, but if you start being obnoxious and calling for a review of every answer, eventually we will get tired of it and burn down all of MS and trust me, you don’t want that. But once a final decision has been rendered after review, it will be final.
|05| You may not take screenshots of conversations, except to send to a mod.
|06| You are allowed private conversations! Isn’t that nice of us to allow? :D
|07| You breaky the rules we breaky your arms. Be sensible. If you aren’t sure if something would breaky the rules, we won’t breaky your arms for asking about it. Just if you do it >:(
|08| No hydras plz, kthx.

Player List:

1. McMenno
2. Panthaleon
3. VashtaNeurotic
4. Racefan12
5. Aurathebirb
6. 0verki11 (maybe)
7. D3f3nd3r (maybe)
8. xofelf (“high” maybe)
9. Chemist1422 (maybe)
10. Cheery Dog
11. Iprobablysuck
12. Aronis (Maybe)
13. KittyMo
14. CaptainMeme
15. SleepyKrew

Replacement List:

Ideally we are looking for 15 people, but will run with a minimum of 12. If we get more than 15, we will let you know whether or not we can facilitate that at that time. We anticipate people dropping, so likely of those 15, you will prob sub in for someone if you happen to be on the Replacement list.

We hope to see a good chunk of you here for the Mish Mash official inaugural season of...THE WEAKEST LINK!
Last edited by Malkon05 on Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:50 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 2, The Lord wrote:/maybe
I’ve learned you are not a single player.

Sorry need individuals for this...guess I need to add a rule.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:00 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 7, McMenno wrote:please add The Lord right back young man.
Seeing as you are part of it from what I understand, I’d hate to give you an unfair advantage;)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:02 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 9, Aurathebirb wrote:How could u do this to The Lord :(
Fun fact: I’m atheist!!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:18 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 17, Chemist1422 wrote:about how long will this run?
From having run it in the past but taking into account that discord functions differently than the platform I’m used to, I’m anticipating it taking about 4 hours, but it could be slightly more or slightly less depending on various factors I will be unable to predict.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #31 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 30, Spangled wrote:/out, actually; timing's unfortunate for me in Aus
Saaaaaad :(

If things change let me know :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #35 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:26 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello everyone!!!

Just a reminder this is running on Saturday at 3pm PST. Can't wait to have you all try out this game format <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #36 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:08 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Oh also if you want to participate in this game, please add me on Discord, Malkon#9019. This way when we get things going I can add you to the channel where this game will be held. Thanks <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #40 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:41 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Congratulations
Skrew
on your well deserved win you played so well! Here was my speech for everyone this game. Thank you all for playing/speccing:

Wow, what a game. Thank you all for making this a thrilling game to host. I hope you enjoyed a new game/format for a Live Social Game. I've played it a couple times offsite. Some difficulties I found along the way were that Discord has limitations that the other site didn't. Many challenges I usually would add were scrapped and several I wasn't thrilled about were included. However, I think despite the limitations and despite the setbacks, this was a joy to host. Thank you so much to my cohost Monty to whom I could not have run this game without. Between getting me familiarized with how discord works and helping me with getting permissions set up and what not, you were definitely the best person I could have asked to help me co-host this. Thank you so much for being my right hand man in this.

To Skrew and Menno. I am so impressed with your journeys to get here and so pleased you two ended up being the final two. You had challenge triumphs, you had set backs, and you each had moments where you both shone brilliantly this game. Game well played to both of you.

To the members of the jury, thank you for the great questions and for being just a joy overall to be around. You did a great job and I couldn't be happier with the result. Xof, pants, D3f, KittyMo, Meme, Vash, and OK you were all terrific players and you did great. I'm super happy you all signed up.

To the pre-jury, I'm sad to see you here :( Racefan unfortunately had other things come up, IPS got the shit end of the stick, Cheery Dog got the only Golden Link all game but didn't use it when he needed it, and Birb...man that challenge just wasn't suited for you. I appreciate all of you for joining and playing though.

Last but not least thank you to the specs for keeping players engaged and enjoying this game. You all were fun to talk to while this was going on.

Biggest shoutout I want to make is to Skelda though for helping us test all permissions and helping them work properly, thank you for being willing to do that for us and then remaining engaged as a spec throughout the whole game.

All-in-all thank you all for having been part of my first non meet hosting gig. I hope you had fun and have a great weekend. I heart you all.
Last edited by Malkon05 on Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #44 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

yay antics

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”