[Standard]Survivor: TRTWIUAA {Final Tribal Council}

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
het
het
Townie
het
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:07 pm

Post by het »

het#0962
het
het
Townie
het
Townie
Townie

Post Post #401 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:49 pm

Post by het »

In post 351, Jamelia wrote:I think everyone in this game has some sort of experience playing ORGs / online games / or literally anything strategy online.
FWIW, I'm a newbie to both the community and have never played an ORG ever. The closest I've ever gotten to this sort of game was IRL playing Mafia once and Secret Hitler a couple times. I'm a big Survivor fan though, I don't know if that disqualifies me from being a newbie.
het
het
Townie
het
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by het »

In post 468, Jamelia wrote:it’s of the best big brother contestant of all time, jen johnson
❤️
het
het
Townie
het
Townie
Townie

Post Post #474 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:30 pm

Post by het »

In post 473, PJ. wrote:Bronte
Oh right, I forgot about that, I think she made some weirdly nasty comments about James Huling
het
het
Townie
het
Townie
Townie

Post Post #663 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by het »

Hey guys, I'm really proud of all three of you. You all did terrific jobs and I loved getting to know you all throughout the course of this game. I'm traveling for work currently so I don't have a lot to contribute at the moment but hopefully will have more to say tomorrow night.
het
het
Townie
het
Townie
Townie

Post Post #671 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by het »

I did think of a question:

Bella, in the final 4 vote, was Zoraster on the table for you as an option to vote out? If not, was it more because of the f2 deal with him or more because you stood a better chance against him than against DV? Was Scoots ever an option?
het
het
Townie
het
Townie
Townie

Post Post #675 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:44 pm

Post by het »

Scoots, when you described your strategy as “as long as it ain’t me” are you intentionally invoking Sandra there? If so I feel like you’ve drastically misunderstood her game in both PI and HvV.

Also you say you had a straight shot to the final 3 from final ten but I don’t see how that’s any less true of Zoraster if we accept that it’s true for you.
het
het
Townie
het
Townie
Townie

Post Post #703 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:29 am

Post by het »

In post 690, ScootsBaboo wrote:
In post 675, het wrote:Scoots, when you described your strategy as “as long as it ain’t me” are you intentionally invoking Sandra there? If so I feel like you’ve drastically misunderstood her game in both PI and HvV.

Also you say you had a straight shot to the final 3 from final ten but I don’t see how that’s any less true of Zoraster if we accept that it’s true for you.
Hahahah, I mean yeah I love her, of course I understand that her game was not that catchphrase. I'm not saying I'm the next Sandra, even though we look alike. I am saying that, literally, "anyone but me" fits my merge game perfectly. Anyone could have gone at any point and I still would have been set up well moving forward.

To answer your second question, maybe I should have said "nothing but straight shots". I constantly worked people to want me on their side so that, no matter what direction the game went, I was going with it. If it's true that Zor was in the same situation as me, then he
way
overplayed. If he really had the multitude of avenues open to him to get to the end that I had, to paraphrase DK's question above, why do all this? Why would he go to the trouble of all this extra if he already had it locked up? He created so many needless risks for himself if that's true.
Either he hadn't set up unlimited straight shots to the end when I had, or he did and his play style was foolhardy.
So the takeaway I have from your posts is that your strategy was to guarantee a spot at the end, regardless of who you’re sitting next to, regardless of whether guaranteeing that hurts your chances of winning a jury vote, would you say that’s accurate? I’m hoping you’ll disagree but it seems difficult to reach any other conclusion.
het
het
Townie
het
Townie
Townie

Post Post #752 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by het »

In post 744, Jamelia wrote:DONT READ MY VOTE I NEED TK SEND AN EXPLANATION WHY
Yeah wtf this is unexpected
het
het
Townie
het
Townie
Townie

Post Post #757 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by het »

In post 755, hiplop wrote:het wtf is that explanation did i teach u NOTHING
Ugh I’m such a disappointment
het
het
Townie
het
Townie
Townie

Post Post #788 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:44 am

Post by het »

In post 787, zoraster wrote: 5. The twist where Bro went home (i.e. both tribes vote out someone and the person with the quickest time isn't booted) isn't one I love, and I'm not sure it was used
purposefully
. It wasn't horrible, and I understand that it was another way to make everyone care about a challenge pre-merge, but it did mean you kind of wanted to take the easiest route possible. It incentivizes eliminating bad challenge players over any other strategic decision, even though we ended up going after Bro during his vacation. I don't really see that as a positive, but if it was the intent I guess that's okay. It just seemed like a twist where the mods maybe said "hey that sounds cool" without actually thinking about what effect they wanted to create.
I mean the fact that those of us on the opposing tribe did the opposite indicates that it wasn't as simple as you describe here, right? I actually thought that twist was kind of interesting.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”