How do you play the early game?

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Iprobablysuck »

In post 41, Cephrir wrote:It's Day 1. You're excited for the game to begin, practically brimming with anticipation. Finally, the much-awaited PM arrives! You open it and see that you got your first character choice. Awesome! Exciting! You are so ready to RP the shit outta this character for about 48 hours and then never do it again. You frantically click the link and fill in your login info as though that few seconds from logging in faster is going to make the slightest bit of difference. (Or, if you're like me, you deliberately wait 10 minutes so as to not seem overeager, as though that is going to make any difference either). You login and start PMing your new tribemates like crazy. You're optimistic about these new friends you're about to make and think of each one of them as a treasure already. Let's see who's filling up your PM box!

The person you'll ally with day 1 but ultimately fall off with and probably stab later: "Hey! Here's a strong conversation hook, let's discuss a weird subject that you'd probably never talk about in real life for the next 3-4 hours!"
The first boot: [PM not found]
The second boot who you probably won't be able to save even though they're kind of cute: "Hi, what's up? I'm so nervous! I hope this PM is good! Anyway, gonna go spend my time posting in general discussion instead of messaging my tribemates, peace!"
The one person who seems to get along great with everyone else but you find uninteresting: "Hey! What's your opinion about something boring, like rocks? Hope you're as excited as I am to be each other's windmills to tilt at in confessional on this tribe while pretending to everyone else that we like each other!"
Person you won't get at first but will slowly come to appreciate more over time until they probably become your #1: "Hey dude. It's nice chatting with you. I gotta run pretty soon but you seem chill. It's refreshing to finally find someone to talk to about cannibalism/evolutionary psychology/etc."
Person who is clearly xofelf: *xofelf noises*

Well, this is going to be a hell of a month or so, and it might get rough or stressful, but damn it, you're gonna have a good time, and even if you can't see it right now, a year from now you'll look back on this and realize you were right at first; every one of these people *is* a treasure.
damn this basically describes my starting tribe in flash mob to a T

Robster
Kaito
O-Ren
nobody for the boring person one (it me?)
Butcher
xof wasn't in flash mob tho
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”