Hydra Discussion Thread

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #74 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:39 am

Post by PrivateI »

I want to make clear upfront that I'm not making this post as a moderator, and this is exclusively my opinion, and doesn't reflect the view of the LSG mods as a whole.

With that said, I've played in hydras, and I think the biggest way to mitigate advantages of hydras is to 1. Explicitly not allow folks to partner up because they think they'd play well together--people who desire to hydra should go into a pool which mods can cast from if they choose, if this is going to be an ongoing mechanic (at least until we get an all-hydra game), and 2. As a function of that, the sole use of hydras (outside of games specifically made and targeted for other purposes) should be to partner experienced players with non experienced players.

I'll flesh those out later, but that's my thesis.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #93 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:36 pm

Post by PrivateI »

In post 88, D3f3nd3r wrote:Monty how many cuts (if any) did you have to make for Magic Kingdom?
2-3 pairs sounds right, but this is also a very long time ago. Half that cast (and my comod) are out of commission at this point.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #143 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by PrivateI »

In post 139, kdowns wrote:I also have to /out unfortunately
This is actually my preference for how people should express negativity toward hydras in the future.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”