Large Social Game Guidelines

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:58 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

I like these rules mostly but I have a question about this one.
In post 10, PrivateI wrote: 4. Hydras must alternate challenges. Before the game begins, if possible, hydras must decide which head will compete in the first challenge, and must alternate thereafter. Sit-outs from a challenge do not count as competing in the challenge. Any scheduling issues with a specific challenge will result in the normal substitution rules for any player, but under no circumstances should the other hydra head perform as the substitute. Additionally, a player that has a substitute in a challenge will still be responsible for competing in the next challenge they're able to--alternation will not resume until the player in question competes in a challenge.[/area]
So let's say we have Hydra Head A and B, and it's B's turn to do a challenge, something comes up and a sub does it. B still has to do the next challenge right? So let's say the next challenge is semi-live, the tribe has to work together and B has a bad schedule/timezone so they don't compete, and since it's a semi-live tribal challenge, no substitue is called. Finally in the next challenge B is able to compete, and then do. Then and only then A would be free to compete in a challenge, even if they were available in all of the other instances, right? Or am I misreading.
George Bailey
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:31 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

For the record the implication would be something like "Figure it Out" where you just have however many tribe players show up. How to count those challenges is hard to tell.
George Bailey
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:33 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Okay, so not showing up to a semi-live challenge still counts as participating since it affects your tribe, similar to submitting a 0 for a challenge. In that case it seems good to me. The only case I think that fails to work would be if only 5/7 of a tribe are asked to show up, and 5 do show up, but not the hydra head.
George Bailey

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”