Large Social Game Guidelines

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:43 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 3, Silverclaw wrote:I'm a little bit concerned about this, actually. I do think it's important to take people's preferences into account when it comes to this kind of thing, and here's why:

1) I feel like live reveals should be treated as more of a "fun moment to end the game with" thing, more of an "if" than a "when" if you don't mind. Yes, just because its tradition on MS to reveal everyone identities doesn't mean it's always going to happen. Maybe a bunch of people from off site decide to host a game on MS again or something, as an example.
It's only a "when" when there's a reason you don't want your ID revealed. I think the most prevalent case where this happens is when a player is excessively toxic, which is already a problem (as we just talked about on Discord). Considering we seem to be one of incredibly few communities that even plays anon games I wouldn't expect a group of fully new (and experienced, as required by the rules to mod a game) mods to come in and mod an anonymous game.
2) What happens if a list mod is playing in the game and this discussion needs to happen? Isn't that unfair to some extent?
Presumably we trust the other two listmods to make the decision in this case? I don't see a problem with this?
3) This is really assuming that everyone knows there's going to be a reveal. Frankly put that's never going to happen, because I sent out the most well thought out and detailed "Welcome to the game" PMs for players EVER and we still had a small handful of people confused on even the basics, let alone the fact that we do live reveals.
Every game onsite has had IDs revealed at the end of it. Maybe adding a disclaimer about this at the start of the game is fine; "I didn't read the rules oopsie" isn't a valid excuse for someone to be toxic.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:14 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Good rules I think (given that hydras aren’t likely to get yeeted into the sun as they should be)

One other thing I’d like to see addressed, could we require that game mods specify the maximum number of hydras that will be allowed in their game at the start of signups?

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:56 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 13, xofelf wrote:It's more hydras can have their space, but should be upfront about it so people who don't want to engage with them, do not have to.
Not sure if I’m reading this properly but are you disagreeing with Monty’s statement in the post above yours that declaring the maximum number of hydras allowed in a game beforehand is good?

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:21 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Is sitting out of a challenge explicitly defined as being an official thing that happens because tribe sizes are unequal (or a challenge explicitly requires being run with X people) or does it also include not taking part in a semi-live challenge that you could theoretically take part in because you’re not available when your tribe opts to do the challenge? My guess is that it does not considering a lot of those challenges do have some sort of pre-start-time prepwork/strategizing that happens.

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #25 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:52 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

If the challenge explicitly calls for at most five members of a tribe to participate (in any capacity, including strategizing beforehand) and you are not one of them, it should count as an "official sit out".

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #30 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Malkon is asking about codifying the fact that a hydra has a maximum of two players

(profile pic by datisi)

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”