Moderator Resources

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:30 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

In post 0, CreativeMod1 wrote:Hey guys, so I'm currently getting started on modding my first survivor game and I had an idea for something that could be extremely beneficial for all mods (you may already have this and I've missed it)

A resource thread/spreadsheet (I do love my spreadsheets)

The main idea behind this is for challenges and rules

Having a big list of games that are used for challenges and the rulesets that go with them would be super helpful for many reasons

1) Having a standard for rules, some people are generally better than others at explaining rules and making them clear and understandable, it'd be very handy for those who aren't as good to have a place where they can copy the ruleset and use them in their game

2) Having a list of games can help for if a mod is stuck on trying to come up with ideas for some challenges, they can easily see the list

3) Saves a lot of time, having to write up like 20 challenges worth for a game of survivor is very time consuming and so having rules that can be copied would save a lot of time (obviously the moderator can still make edits to the rules for the sake of flavour and making personal to their game)

But yeah, what's everyone's opinions on this?

If people like the idea (and we don't already have this) I'm gonna start making a database with challenge rules and stuff, I would ask for some help on this, especially as people who have been around longer than I have would probably have some great examples of places they've seen really good and clear rules

Also, is there any other types of resources that people think would be handy to have as a moderator?
Cool, so a few things.

1. Most people generally copy the rules from previous games and add/take away to make it clear what they want for their game. If you look at the last year of LSGs (all linked in this forum somewhere down the line) you'll probably notice that most of them are some variant of the SSB rules (and they probably go back to games before that). But having a "base set" of rules could probably be useful, though there would certainly be some things that'd need to be left vague.

2. Most games are linked in the Anonymous Characters Database in the "Links" tab (though it is currently missing legendary): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =130718772 .

3. To be honest a challenge database would be a good thing as while we have a link to the games, you then have to click through the challenge forum to find the different challenges and unless you have a mod who was around for those games, it's a serious pain.

4. I'm actually working on (in that I have an outline but haven't gotten to most of the writing/research) a general guide for the steps of modding games. Ofc it may be a while cause I'm kind of modding Equestria rn so if I want to include any examples from Equestria I'd probably need to wait until after it's over to release it.

5. A new forum creation guide would be great, though that may also be a post Equestria thing and I am definitely not the person to do that.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Sun May 01, 2022 8:32 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Been a while since this was updated but I added RtC, Equestria and Pantheon Challenges
George Bailey
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:33 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =338973972

Now all the usable challenges from Reverse the Curse on should be on here. If a game isn't on here it either didn't have usable challenges (like RPG) or is currently unreachable (the games hosted with an MS board, but those will be reachable sometime soon). I'll add the ones for the current LSG when it finishes.
George Bailey
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:08 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Finally got to adding Survivor: PD and Survivor: Flash Mob, just need to add the Genius: Final Encounter and all LSGs from Reverse the Curse until present will have their working challenges on here.
George Bailey

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”