Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #1) » Mon May 04, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Cybele »

Hogwarts was effectively StD's first game of survivor. Being a part of the site doesn't give the experience to know this game or its meta.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #2) » Mon May 04, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by Cybele »

I did say 'effectively' the difference in how those two ganes would have been played is pretty substantial with meta shift over the years. Besides that, by fen's own admission so much time had passed there was barely even a recollection of playing in that other game. I'd say calling him a newbie to be fairly accurate.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #3) » Mon May 04, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by Cybele »

In post 101, Narninian wrote:and it has little resemblance to survivor.
I strongly disagree with this. While some aspects of the game must necessarily be altered from the actual activity of being stuck on an island with a bunch of strangers and performing physical challenges on little food or comfort, I'd say the social dynamics we have here are the most similar aspect to the show/game.
You gotta make bonds by talking with your tribe. You can't just jump straight into alliances before getting to know them at least a bit. You have to play that social game or you fall apart.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #4) » Mon May 04, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by Cybele »

To be fair, I think he did prioritize accepting newbies over more experienced players. At least, that's what I tell myself when I revisit the issue of my being passed over for this game.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #5) » Mon May 04, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by Cybele »

In post 118, Blackberry wrote:
In post 98, Cybele wrote:Hogwarts was effectively StD's first game of survivor. Being a part of the site doesn't give the experience to know this game or its meta.

STD played in a Survivor on site 10 years ago. o.o

I already commented on this. It's why I said 'effectively'. So much time had passed that he didn't really have the fresh experience to draw on, and the meta had shifted enough that the game that was played then didn't share the same 'rules' that current ones do.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #6) » Tue May 05, 2015 7:13 am

Post by Cybele »

Something similar to that is in place for EtU, as I understand it.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #7) » Tue May 05, 2015 10:24 am

Post by Cybele »

Ive considered an idea almost exactly like that before. It would be heeellllll to run. Would definitely require a larger and more dedicated team or some very tight restrictions on how moving to rooms works. All that masking and unmasking etc might also come with additional issues. Not an impossibility but it would definitely be more complicated.

Return to “Social Game Archive”