False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:16 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2, TheGoldenParadox wrote:so what i'm going for in this setup is to try to give as many players as possible agency (hence the low number of vts) and emphasize dayplay
The problem is that the former tends to interfere with the latter--in particular, right now the setup is extremely townsided because universal backup + masonx2 is in of itself strong but having an investigative on top of that, not to mention the safety of the jailkeeper/doctor, mean that there's a very heavy emphasis on roles and night actions.

What I'd do to help balance this is replace the universal backup with a fruit vendor, which brings the setup to a more reasonable starting point while keeping the general theme (since fruit vendor, while a night action, doesn't give the town much).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by mastina »

I actually like it (well as much as I can like a setup that is this pr-heavy anyway :P). The neapolitan can get three innocents, but no definitive guilties; the town isn't overwhelmingly strong or overwhelmingly weak; the scum have reasonable counterplay to the town roles but not absolute counterplay with an inability to perfectly counter all the town power roles.

The game will be very pr-heavy and when claims come out, this will be a bit of a trainwreck of people wondering wtf is going on with that many pr claims and there will be issues sorting them out and telling what's town and what's not, and due to the power roles there is a fair amount of swing involved, but I feel like it is Normal, and it is reasonably close to balanced.

So from here, we need the roles and their role results.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by mastina »

My only concern is on the use of RAR, when Normal Games technically have an existing natural action resolution that is expected to be used--but I think that's a call I want
implosion
as the Normal Game listmod to make, since it's very much an executive call, above my paygrade, on what to make (it doesn't matter to me either way, but might matter to him, I dunno what precedent he has for that specifically).

In terms of roles, results, and all rules aside from the one I want implosion to make the call on, this gets a /pass from me, as that's the one and only concern I have.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”