northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:20 am

Post by northsidegal »

yeah unfortunately i think i'm going to have to veto this one on just non-balance concerns. games in the normal queue have certain expectations for what the setups will look like, and this one is too expectation-defying such that it sort of goes against the philosophy of normal games. if you still wanted to run it as a closed, though, i would take it to the mini theme queue.

i'm normally supposed to always propose changes in each post but i think that the ball is basically in your court for how you want the setup to evolve from here.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:50 am

Post by northsidegal »

novice neighbor is questionably normal, as is activated neighbor (although a cool role for sure)

large neighborhoods are alright, isis is definitely correct regarding the town power though

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by northsidegal »

yeah, i agree with you for the most part there. i would actually pass an activated neighbor in a setup, and i could
maybe
be convinced to pass a novice neighbor (although less likely). i guess part of the question though is what is even really the point? both from a broader setup perspective and from the individual perspective. is there really any strategic decision for a townie who gets activated neighbor as to whether or not to join the hood n1? and if it doesn't interact with any other roles in the setup, it sort of seems a little functionless. that isn't terrible, to be clear -- i generally consider red herrings to be a good thing to include in your setup, it just seems like a little bit of a waste of an interesting role.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by northsidegal »

to be clear: this setup is not passed and needs to be changed. town needs more power, and it seems to be the consensus that "novice neighbor" also needs to be changed. i also recommend that you either change the activated neighbor or alter the setup to somehow justify its inclusion a bit more

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by northsidegal »

sorry, just wanted to make sure. with you reposting the setup and the role list like that that's typically the sort of thing people do after the setup is finalized, so just trying to be clear.

things fall apart

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”