False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:14 am

Post by mastina »

In post 4, Datisi wrote:i think making the weak neighbuorizer 2-shot AND adding a rolecop would like, maybe approach being balanced. maybe not. i'm gonna let mastina chime in here
That's my thoughts as well. The weak neighborizer needs a little bit more to have the impact desired, and the town needs a small push.

That said, while the town as-is is a bit too weak, I'm worried that if the town becomes as strong as they need to be with the above, would make the game, while balanced, potentially unfun for the scum since they'll have almost no counterplay. (Which is to say, it'd be balanced, so I could pass it, but I believe that the mafia would potentially encounter a situation where there's nothing they can do, with them feeling hopeless.)

The scum can only prevent a guilty by knowing about the Weak role in advance, and can only generate a false guilty by targeting the Neighborizer, with
almost
no ability to generate a false innocent (the only way to do so is for the mafia to kill the weak neighborizer on a night the weak neighborizer neighborizes them).

They also technically have two killstoppers to deal with--the chance the killstoppers gets value is incredibly small (the exact right block, or the exact right protect which is only available half the time), but if the Weak Neighborizer targets scum, then it takes only 1 stopped kill for the town to effectively gain a mislim. If the Weak Neighborizer only targets town, it does take two stopped kills, which is far less likely, but the situation still seems a bit frustrating to the scum.

Basically, every way things could go right for the scum, lies in the hands of the town requiring a lot of luck for the scum. The scum have very little agency.

Basically,
I feel like,
Non-Consecutive Doctor + Roleblocker + Weak 2x Neighborizer + Rolecop
vs
3 Goons,
Is balanced, but potentially unfun for the scum.

Ideally, you'd get some sort of net-neutral adjustment which gives the scum just a little bit extra in terms of counterplay, but keeping the balance of the above about the same.

My only thought is maybe a scum Informed (probably of the existence of a Weak 2x Neighborizer, but potentially something like 'there are 2 town killstopper roles in this game'), since that provides the scum more in terms of counterplay simply by having a better idea of what they are facing, but the buff to the scumteam is counterbalanced by buffing the town, since an Informed Mafioso if not claiming Informed would be a guilty to the rolecop if investigated.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:54 am

Post by mastina »

In post 11, Datisi wrote:i forgor there are role pm's in the op, sorry

sounds better to me, though it's up to mastina anyway
I think that it's good!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:48 pm

Post by mastina »

Pretty sure we're good; I'll take fault if I missed anything but I think it's good to go.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”