Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #106 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Kanna »

I nth the Hectic noms! may do a write-up later!
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #110 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:37 am

Post by Kanna »

Paperback Writer
25/06/2020 Kanna Hectic Micro 947 - Comet 1: Kill Switch A fun game with fun flavour. The attention to detail was amazing, as was the inclusion of the playerlist. The thing I liked most was the style, which I can only describe as...Hectic. I can definitely see Hectic making a name for himself in the future.

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #219 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by Kanna »

Modfather
25/12/20 Kanna Hectic In the past year, the Silent Star games have become one of the most popular series on the site, with almost every iteration being filled within hours of entering signups. Every game has had its own unique twist and flavour, and, having seen all of them, I can attest to all of them being memorable. It never surprises me to see old players returning for more, or new players inning and overfilling the game, just to get a chance at seeing what the series is like.

Silent Star 1: Lunacy is one of my personal favourite games this year, and it involved all townies being given “werewolf” roles and thinking they were scum. The first day was… strange, but by the time the ball dropped on the second day, it allowed for a unique experience where town was able to bond together—not to solve who was (actually) scum, but the setup. Hectic was even cheeky enough to include the key to the mystery in the title.

Silent Star 2: Menagerie set itself apart from the beginning with a post restriction where players were only allowed to post in animal-talk. The first day was nothing short of nonsense. When the post restriction was lifted however, everyone was held accountable for their actions, and it turned out scumhunting while being post restricted was also completely viable. The inclusion of a single mafia member who chooses their partner was also a fresh idea.

Silent Star 3: Royalty involved a totally bizarre 6:13 distribution, combining conspiracy, dancing, and of course, mafia, into a game. It focused on mafia, despite having strength in numbers, being accountable for their actions. Poor Hopkirk.

The best part of Hectic’s setups is the moment near the end when you realise “OH, so that’s what everything was building up to,” and you had the pieces to solve the game all along. The insight into that is what I think makes Hectic such a good game designer. Not only that, but he understands what makes mafia fun, and that is always the focus with the funky mechanics he incorporates.

Hectic has also modded a few open games (Death Curse and Kill Switch, most notably) which feature brilliantly fun flavour.

Rising Star
25/12/20 Kanna Noraa Noraabear only joined the site in the middle of this year, but has already become a name most people are familiar with. Whether it be through mafia games, discussion boards, or the speakeasy, no place is truly safe from the sunshine that is Nornor.

When discussing Tsunami-Noraa, it seems unfitting not to mention Death Curse, where she showed brilliant tenacity in going from a widely scumread player into a widely townread one, secured 8 miselims, and became the last bear standing for her faction. Her postcount? A ridiculous 1500, which just goes to show how hard she worked to get there. She does not play games!

As mentioned by other nominators, she also has several perfect scumgames, which shows her strength in playing the scum alignment.

She also shows good townplay in Micro 983 where she was the first person to call out previously townread scum and managed to get herself locktowned for it.

Unfortunately, I have not had many chances to play with Noraa, but tales of her WIM and good scumplay always reach me, and that just shows she is the most deserving of this title.

Moment of Brilliance
25/12/20 Kanna Infinity 324 Micro 983 | The Council: Student Council Edition! | The End! Infinity 324 was really the town hero in this game. On day one, he managed to get himself and two other townies onto the council. On night one, he managed to pin the scumteam and was just playing the WIFOM game to catch them out. On day 2, he unfortunately found out his night actions missed, but stuck by his solve and never once gave into paranoia, which eventually led to a scum concede. Pretty much a perfect game!

(Not to mention, this was such a badass moment.)

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #295 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by Kanna »

Hannibal Lecter
4/01/21 Kanna Auro BooneyToonz UPick: Boon There, Done That [END] When I think about Best Third Party Performance, the only one that comes to mind is Auro in BooneyToonz UPick.

In this slightly bastard game, Auro rolled "The New Sorcerer’s ABoontice," a third party scum who had infiltrated the group scum's PT. To win, he had to dismantle the scumteam, find his allies and convince them to work with him,
and
burn the town to the ground. Auro did just that. By the end, his positioning was so good, he was regarded as conftown due to a fake innocent from a confirmed mason, which allowed him push the last elimination. It was not a feat anyone could pull off, and even up to the end, I didn't know what Auro actually was.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”