Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #136 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:20 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

White Knight
11/5/20
MURDERCAT
TheGoldenParadox
Bad Idea Mafia III: Still Bad, Less Broken
This game had a unique setup. There was no voting mechanic. Instead of 12 vanilla townies like you might have in a more traditional setup, we had 12 dayvigs. If you are worried about balance, don't be, as scum was a team of 4 with 3 goons and 1 godfather, who also had the ability to shoot during the day (and night). The most critical responsibility for town was placed on the 2 cops who needed to try to find scum despite days lasting a couple of pages at most. Unfortunately, in a huge blow to town, one of the cops was inactive and failed to submit a target on N2. By page 9, 5 townies were dead and all 4 scum were still alive. To even have a chance at a win, town needed a miracle.

This miracle came in the form of TheGoldenParadox, who replaced in during N3. In the morning, the other cop was dead. The game was in TheGoldenParadox's hands. It took them only 7 posts to call out the entire 4 person scum team. Scum, panicking, then shot TGP 2 posts later. Sadly, town didn't have a happy ending worthy of TGP's performance, but I'm not sure what more you could hope to get out a replacement slot.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

What if you highlight it
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:29 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Rising Star
11/22/20
MURDERCAT
Noraa

I have participated in 13 games since returning to the site in September and Noraa has been in 7(!) of those games, so I feel well suited to make this nomination. Noraa is sometimes down on her ability to play town and famously hates being scum, but looking at the games that I played in this year Noraa was in all of my favorites either as herself or in one of her many hydras.

In particular, her scum game has come a long way and, in only a few months, has gained a reputation for being very strong. For reference please see:

MafiaSunny
Death Curse
FLvsPooky

I didn't participate in MafiaSunny, but I have briefly scrolled through it and Noraa was able to win in the endgame and, from what I've seen in the postgame comments, played a very strong game.
Death curse has been commented on multiple times in nominations, but the TLDR is that Noraa was able to avoid being elimmed D1 through pure force of will and made it to the final day.
In the latest game, I was a mason spending the entire game trying to convince my partners and the rest of town Noraa (and her hydra partner gloria) was scum, and despite her reputation it wasn't until much later in the game that anyone else really began to scum read her.

The effort that Noraa puts in as scum despite her dislike of the alignment is really noteworthy and the skill she has shown after just 4 months onsite is really impressive.

Also, I'm not sure if this is considered, but Noraa's impact on the site generally should at least be noted as well. I don't think that I even need to explain this really, you can look at the fact she has a title and a 25 page GTKAS thread after 4 months as evidence that she has become a visible, well-regarded user very quickly.
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Game of the Year
1/4/21
MURDERCAT
Hectic & Nero Cain
Death Curse
Death curse has been mentioned in a lot of other nominations, but I thought it deserved another writeup for GOTY. To set the stage, this game had 20 players and at least 14 spectators, so there was a lot of attention on it. I think it's fair to say the game didn't disappoint. The mechanic was simple, but unique. The flavor provided by Hectic was entertaining. But above those things, the gameplay was engaging throughout with some very exciting moments.

The game began with scum Noraa being called out very early, which led 8 townies immediately wagoning her all the way to E-3. As scum considered bussing, Noraa fought to AtE her way to back into the game. Amazingly, scum managed to avoid disaster and flipped 3 town on D1. Somehow they had gained the upper hand and town needed a scum flip. Luckily for them, MUSHSHAGANA took over the game and suddenly town was able to flip 3 scum relatively quickly. Town then seemed to have the upper-hand as they quickly sorted through what was left of the elimination pool. But inexplicably, Noraa had become a deepwolf and was poised make it all the way to the end. Town continued to eliminate themselves, each time more exasperated that the game wasn't ending. On the final day, in a grand crescendo, town found themselves with a 1/3 final shot to win the game. After much deliberation, finally town realized that Noraa was the final scum. With her back against the wall and time running out, Noraa executed the dayvig heard round the world.

To me, this is pretty much the perfect game of mafia. This game isn't just the story of Noraa the deepwolf, it was a 400 page epic with strong gameplay from both sides. It was a back-and-forth affair and it wasn't clear who would come out on top until it was all said and done. The ending was satisfying and, in many ways, poetic. For all those reasons and more, it is certainly *my* game of the year.
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Good nom
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Does Gloria qualify?
Pre nth the Pooky/Hectic nom for ydrasse
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

That was so fast

Nth
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:50 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 341, Alisae wrote:also i think a murdercat paragon nom is something that should happen.
ended the year on an 81% winrate with 9/11 games won as town (there was a 12 game but it was a bad idea shea everyone has a gun game so we don't count those)
Omg it's happening Pooky

Also I shot shelly that game so it should count for something
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor