Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #25 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Vi »

xvart wrote:
Nominate Ythill's Of Rogues and Curses for best flavor
due to the obvious research and integrated roles and flavor scenes.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 23&t=15748
Second
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #102 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by Vi »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
The Town of Blackest Night Mafia
for
Best Performance Pro Town Team
- Successfully lynched scum players for five straight Days (Days 1 to 5) and vigged two more scum players. The Town completely destroyed the known original 9 scum roles by the Dawn of Day 6 and lost a 5 player endgame due to a Cult that was unknown at game's start.
1) Doesn't Town have to -win- to be considered?
2) With as many power roles flying around as there were, one would hope they COULD do this.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #115 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Vi »

Ythan wrote:Don't argue that it was a balanced Mafia game and acknowledge that lynching scum every day isn't good enough to win in the same post. Space it out a bit so we don't see it all at once. And it sounds like you're pretty sensitive about how it turned out but there's no need to throw a bitchfit in the Scummies thread about it. Gandalf hardly seems to have been out of line.
Ythan made a three-line post o.o Though he had good reason to.

Some free advice, RC. By continuing to call out essentially your entire playerlist as ignorant of how to play Mafia on at least three different levels rather than suggesting that this game might not have been a good idea, you're losing whatever fans you may have had before and making lots of enemies. Since conceding what everyone is already saying doesn't seem to be an option, your next best choice is to just let it drop before you do even more damage to your reputation.

You can take that or leave it, but not taking that advice would have a strong impact on how much I go out of my way to downrate you and everything you touch in the future.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #161 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Vi »

Just say "Best New Mechanic".

Also,
second that
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #460 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:03 am

Post by Vi »

ooba wrote:- PS: IMO, the only reason people in the dead thread was onto Faraday was due to process of elimination - pretty sure that if Vi hadn't answered some questions about the setup and alignments of others, we would have also not known till the end.
Basically:
"How many people out of <six Townies> are scum?"
"Zero"
"angryfaec.jpg"

I'll also point out that Faraday convinced the Vig to kill on the last Night, skipping the 3P LyLo. This was the only way he could win.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #484 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:16 am

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:
Nominate Vi for funniest roleclaim
for this: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p3103413 which is fucking hilarious.
And mostly true :D
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #486 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:40 am

Post by Vi »

Amrun wrote:Vi, for the record, yours was also hilarious but I remember you saying you were going to nominate this.
Ah, yes I did.
Second DeityKabuto

And I also thought you might like to know that DK is imitating Vibot in other games. >.>
I noticed. I think I mentioned something about how for as much as people hate/d me/my play, they're picking up my idiosyncrasies.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #646 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Vi »

GreyICE wrote:
Nominate Chesskid for something
Second
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #724 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Vi »

Vi wrote:
ReaperCharlie wrote:fine, go add all the names you think are worthy to the nom, and I'll nth it.
How about we wait until after we're done with the project before we start passing congratulations around.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #866 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by Vi »

SleepyKrew wrote:
Nominate New Award: Best Gambit (Town)

Most Cunning Manipulation needed a Town equivalent, no?
Compromise.
If someone performs a good, non-circumstance-specific gambit and I find out I'll add it to the wiki. I've put two or three on there in the last week.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #885 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Vi »

I think it's time for me to Glork this.

Nominate Vi for Name Should Be In Orange and/or Professor Mafia as necessary

Let's go to Category:Roles on the wiki, which has since been pretty much completely overhauled. KK did a few, Magua did more, I did most by a wide margin. Just shy of 150 pages in that category alone.

And then there's Category:Glossary. 156 pages. Almost all of them were added or changed by me.

The Open Game project? I organized the wiki side of it.

There are some other pages in categories like Gambits that I threw up there while I was going around.

There is still a bit more to do in bringing the wiki out of 2007, and guess who will be doing it.

And I haven't even gotten to my not-all-that-public side project yet, although I think Empking has found it.

Did I mention I'm on the Normal Review Committee?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #899 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by Vi »

zoraster wrote:I actually agree with Fate. Self-noms feel a bit cheap. Get a friend to nominate you. I would have been happy to nominate Vi as I think he deserves a nomination for it,
but I guess the thought never crossed my mind for some reason.

Tell you what, Vi. Let's do this right. You delete your nomination and we'll act like it never happened. In a week or two or three someone's going to come in and nominate you for your hard work. That way it won't have to say Vi nominated by
Vi
In this post you described the problem with your solution.

If you feel I deserve the nomination, make it now. I wouldn't have made the self-nomination if I didn't think I did
over and beyond
what would be necessary to be worthy of it.

Oh, and Fate. Remember when ReaperCharlie and whoeverelseitwas tried to nominate me/us for the same project and I
turned it down
until we had actually done something?

As an aside, I agree that it should be Name/Orange; I have no idea why the original award is in Prof. Mafia.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #902 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Vi »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Why the anger, Vi? You've been done more than one good turn by the scummies.
I know.

I'm not angry, actually. I've just had things to think about while I've whiled the hours away more-or-less single-handedly making the wiki something that isn't embarrassing to look at in places.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #905 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Vi »

Fate wrote:Vi, clearly you DESERVE the award for all your effort, and I never implied that your self-nomination was out of line because
you didn't deserve it,
but that it is just classless and sets a horrible precedent.

Because all this thread needs is every etc., etc. and etc. who thinks they did something awesome nominating themselves and clogging down the committee with hundreds of games.

Basically Zoraster nailed everything.
And I agree with you. I wouldn't do this for anything play-related, because I don't know what other people are doing there and I don't assume I'm that great anyway. But I do know what's going on with the wiki, and made the judgment based on that.

Is it classless? Yes. Is this out of character? I hope so. Is it warranted? Nobody has disagreed so far.

As for it being a precedent, remember who nominated Glork for PoMH in the last cycle.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #917 (isolation #14) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:I just explained on radioscum I've actually no problem with self noms.
Good to know I'm famous.

I acknowledge I made a poor decision. Socially speaking, it's too late to take it back, so do as you will. You do have the ability to deny the nomination.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #920 (isolation #15) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Vi »

DemonHybrid wrote:Vi: Thanks for recognizing. I'm not putting you down, just stating how I feel. <3
After the grief I give people on a regular basis, I have no room to be offended.~
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #924 (isolation #16) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:
Vi wrote:
Faraday wrote:I just explained on radioscum I've actually no problem with self noms.
Good to know I'm famous.
Internet Superstar?
I am so not GIEFF.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #940 (isolation #17) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:55 am

Post by Vi »

SpyreX wrote:While its an addition, I want to make sure POWERFUL WIZARD MAFIA is noted for Reck's Most Cunning Manipulation.

He faked a guilty D1 got a lynch through before the person could even respond AND then rode that all the way to a perfect win.
Wait, what? I was just :?ing about xRx claiming an impossible role last week and the game's already over?

*checks the Reck in isolation*

Impressive. xRx has simultaneously mastered and destroyed CAPS LOCK. (That and produced one of those 2005-style 17-page games.)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #942 (isolation #18) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Vi »

But if you know the impression is wrong, etc.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #945 (isolation #19) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Vi »

Katsuki wrote:
Vi wrote:But if you know the impression is wrong, etc.
Yes, but you do get the point I'm saying.

As seen in the thread, it has obviously led to said impression in the minds of many.
Yes, I got that.

LLD wrote:It's not how you are that matters in this case Vi, but rather how others perceive you.

Actions>Words and all that jazz.
YesyesyesIknowIknowIknow

I'm not completely oblivious to this; you don't have to lecture. -.-
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #950 (isolation #20) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Vi »

Le Cupcake wrote:VI
Faraday wrote:whatever this is probs better off dying.
I agree, Katsuki should die.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #955 (isolation #21) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Vi »

This thread was much better when it was about bad country music, but since the mods don't like that sort of thing in this thread, can we at least change the subject?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1095 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1094, DonJosh wrote:Why hasn't Vi gotten anything for the EV Project?
Nominate Vi for whatever category that fits into
I know arguing against myself is a bad thing and I should stop doing it, but Scummies are usually for successful projects. :\
It sparked a nice conversation about the practical value of theoretical win rates though. And a few interesting theory/gambit side pages came out of it.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1097 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:51 am

Post by Vi »

In post 1096, gandalf5166 wrote:What is the EV project?
Here and here.

It also spawned a few cool theory pages and definitions, plus discourse on them. Unfortunately, I have to agree with Empking that theoretical win rates don't actually mean a lot in practice, because the means by which those win rates are produced are not realistic.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1204 (isolation #24) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Vi »

In post 1195, Fate wrote:
In post 1193, Beck wrote:Well I'm used to being ridiculed so..

nominate myself for best replacement

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18523

I replace DK in lylo with him most likely to be lynched, during my re-read I catch both scum and town wins.
look what you've taught the noobies vi

fuck this shit
To be fair, I'm also used to being ridiculed so..
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1301 (isolation #25) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1300, Parama wrote:vi was scummy as hell d1.
lol you have no idea what i look like when scummy

Faraday, you're ignoring how many idiots there were in that game. The people who weren't idiots and weren't me were too timid to do anything except let the easy mislynches fly. With all respect for Fate's gambit paying off, don't give the Town credit for being a worthwhile opponent.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1303 (isolation #26) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:13 pm

Post by Vi »

I probably hate you more for that game where Setael replaced you. :P
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1309 (isolation #27) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:32 am

Post by Vi »

In post 1306, xRECKONERx wrote:Oh look, another game where scum wins and people come in going WAHHHHHHHHH TOWN PLAYED LIKE SHIT SCUM DIDN'T WIN TOWN JUST LOST BAWWWWWWWW
I did say "with all respect for Fate's gambit". Not only did he manage to ride to endgame as early D1 claimed Masons, but he did the usual FATESLAM to make endgame come pretty quickly time-wise.

I'm also saying that suggesting the Town was good or that it was a close game is criminally exaggerating. It was more of a steamLOL.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1311 (isolation #28) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Vi »

In post 1310, Fate wrote:No one said "master manipulation" or "fufufufufuu I decieveds them all MASTERMINDS" but it was a good role claim at the least, no?
ia
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1437 (isolation #29) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1407, zoraster wrote:Have we had a most cunning manipulation or best scum team nomination in the past 4 months where it wasn't immediately followed by someone bitching about how it wasn't the scum's good play, it was town's bad play?
Faraday's nomination for MetaMafia had people talking about bad Town play and good scum play at the same time... :D
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1439 (isolation #30) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1438, Parama wrote:And bad scum play like mine too? :V
Usually bad scum play talk is immediately followed by worse Town play discussion. Still, you held on until the last Day holding Faraday's hands and singing "we're all gonna die".

...at least that's how I remember it. If it's inaccurate, don't tell me.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”