Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #709 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:53 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 706, Scummies wrote:Almost updated, but just a reminder: Around 24 hours left to nominate. Anything without a second will
not
be considered. Anything not nominated will also not be considered! Shocking I know. Oh, and for single game awards if it ended in 2014 - it's a 2014 nomination, that thread will be up later on, though.
Don't know if I'll be in time for this, but I'm a lazy procrastinator who is also about to drop a mass text to some people to try to get a second;

Nom: The Walking Dead Mafia for Best Setup

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=30368

Just to let you understand why this should be considered. It was a game. There was a random kill mechanic in the game...and I think both town and scum agreed it was balanced.
Just roll that one around in your head for a while :]

Also, it felt like a zombie movie, and captured that sort of vague fear going into night for all involved. People were herding zombies around, scum were hiding inside their safe house, town PRs had to debate between heading out at night to try to help stop scum, or finding a hidey hole to cower in from zombies, VTs could also claim one of the (limited) hidey holes, or try to be more pro-town by hanging out so PRs could hide...if they needed to, and leaving themselves at the risk of zombie chomping.

It was really an interesting setup, and I play a lot of games and I don't often find myself saying 'I'd want to play this setup again' but I did say that about this setup. It was just really clever and well handled considering how badly it easily could have gone I was very chuffed.

Someone should second this.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #711 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:03 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Huzzah!

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”