Post Post #39 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:30 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 34, HP Lovecraft wrote:
Nominate the town of Author Mafia for best town team
N
th-ing this
, and
3rd-ing Most Enjoyable Game for the same game

Impressive Night and Day play by the Town. The game started off with a lot of apathy all around, which lasted well into D2.

On N1, the Seeking Masons find each other, and the Town Inventor gives a 1-shot Vig to another Town player.
On D2, the Town Gladiator sets up a successful 1v1 on
scum
. We go on to lynch
scum
on the second lynch of the Day.
On N2, a Town Lightning Rod absorbs two scum kills.
On D3, we lynch
scum
On N3, the Inventor gives a bulletproof vest (immediately usable) to a scum-kill target, and the killer is also roleblocked by Town. The other kill is blocked by the Town Doctor.
On D5, we lynch
scum
On N5, the Town Tracker tracks a killer.
On D6, we lynch that
killer
On N6, the Town Tracker tracks a killer.
On D7, we lynch that
killer

What an amazing steamroll. Special props to:
  • Cogito Ergo Sum (Spinning Paper, Town Tracker), for figuring out two scum that might have otherwise thrown us for a loop;
    AurorusVox (Gregory Williamson, Town Lightning Rod), for taking an unpleasant role and using it to great Town benefit;
    petroleumjelly (Confucius, Town Prostitute), for blocking scum not once but twice, one of them a scum kill;
    RachMarie (Marion Zimmer Bradley, Town Doctor), for blocking two scum kills (even though the first went through due to Strongman);
    xRECKONERx (Charlie Kaufman, Town Inventor), for
    looking so damn Town
    and having good Night action picks.

It was a pleasure and an honor to play in this game, especially with such a turn around after D1.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #204 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by Tierce »

The one-year requirement from Best Newbie was dropped in Rising Star and I didn't even notice. Well then.

Nominate Empire for Rising Star.

Empire has had a solid track record since he joined the site (originally as satire), and his devotion as Town is something to keep an eye on. He does very good scumhunting (and Townhunting), and it is not rare for him to have the full scumteam in his scumreads in the first Day or so, while also keeping solid Town lists. He excels at thorough analysis of players, games and their meta, and can sway people to vote for his scumreads through logical arguments. And when he plays in hydras, Empire is a power in his own right.

In short, his Town game is phenomenal, and I think the only reason his scumgame isn't up to par
yet
is because he lands Town roles far more often, because his planning skills and attention to detail will one day make him an excellent player as any alignment.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #220 (isolation #2) » Thu May 02, 2013 3:18 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 208, Mr. Flay wrote:
In post 206, Jake from State Farm wrote:Can people vote to reject nominations? If so I vote to reject hers
Nope, that's for the judges to sort out.
Please stop it. This is not the place for that kind of discussion.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #284 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:42 pm

Post by Tierce »

Nominate Zaicon for Behind the Scenes Help

Zaicon has been indomitable at updating the wiki lists of Game Histories. Speaking as someone who has updated a few of those, this is a tedious, repetitive task that requires wading through a lot of games to extract the necessary information from each and every one. He has been doing this virtually without assistance for the past months, even expanding on old records. Those pages provide a previous record of trends and patterns in different game types throughout the years, and Zaicon has been updating them admirably and without recognition.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #517 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:55 pm

Post by Tierce »

LLD--no matter how you feel about the game and its outcome, please do not use this thread to make sarcastic nominations. Keep that kind of discussion about the game elsewhere, there's no need to bring it here.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #581 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:16 am

Post by Tierce »

Nominate Magua for Kodak Moment in Scummies Invitational 2012

New words can't capture how awesome it was. Go read it, it is worth your time.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #587 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 584, Cabd wrote:
In post 582, Matias wrote:
2nd

Nom: Lady Lambdadelta for Don Corleone, same game.

2nd the fuck out of LLD
3rding this

Matias played very well, and every scum member played their role with competence, but LLD was the clear scum MVP.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #696 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:05 am

Post by Tierce »

Something I should have done a while back, but at least now I have a fresh game to back this up.

Nominate Magua for Most Enjoyable Player

Nominate Magua for Best Replacement

Not only does he replace into long, sloggy games, but he manages to inject new life into them and make them truly fun. Magua has an excellent sense of humor and keeps things funny even through very obviously frustrated posts.

This is someone you want in your games. He may run away from ever playing a D1 anywhere anytime, but if you need a replacement who can keep things entertaining for players, spectators and the moderator, and who pours his heart into it when games hit the 100 page mark, Magua is your guy. Just don't expect him to read the pages before he replaced in.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #729 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:54 pm

Post by Tierce »

What a pointless discussion.

Faraday has shown he is okay with his game/setup being nominated for 2014. Let it lie and either go back to nominating stuff that actually belongs in 2013 or leave the thread in peace.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”