Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:31 am

Post by bji »

I nominate Cheetory6 for perpetual all-time best mod for this game:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=60961

In this game, Cheetory6:

1. Was on-time with all actions.
2. Was helpful and pleasant to deal with.
3. Went way above and beyond by posting death notices that were flavor-relevant and included funny references the play/players in the game.
4. After the game was over was quick to expose the hidden threads for all to enjoy and also made an effort to provide feedback and closure for everyone.

I cannot even comprehend how a game could be better modded than that one was. I would gladly pay real money to have every game modded that well because poor modding experiences ruin games, and my time is worth something. After that game, I actively felt like the modding alone made the game a much better experience than it would have been otherwise (and it was already one of the more fun games I have played).

Please give Cheetory6 a scummy award. It's the least we can do. Thank you!
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:50 am

Post by bji »

In post 585, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 584, bji wrote:perpetual all-time best mod

not a real thing

I nominate xRECKONERx for perpetual all-time most literal person.

In post 586, xRECKONERx wrote:
is this stuff like not bare minimum for every mod ever

So is "playing to your win condition", but I expect that most players who win scummies for play win their scummies because they "play to their win condition" really well.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:17 am

Post by bji »

In post 589, xRECKONERx wrote:that's not even remotely the same thing but i really have no interest in arguing with you because i like cheetory

Agreed ... but ...

but that'd be like me saying "this album should be album of the year because it was released and also it has singing and some instruments on it"

Not really. What happened was more like I said "this album should win an award because the songs on it were so awesome", and you responded with "but every album should have awesome songs on it, awesome songs are no reason to give an award for best album".

However, if you could explain what aside from modding above and beyond the normal level of quality (including flavor and game relevant death posts that were fun to read, which I am pretty sure is
NOT
expected for every game) is worthy of a "best mod" award, I would appreciate it. Perhaps I am not evaluating mods with the correct metrics.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:26 am

Post by bji »

In post 596, Plotinus wrote:
Nominate fferyllt for modfather

for Tarot, and for Edgar Allen Poe, for the newbie games that she mods which always have interesting flavour (handwriting, Republican Primary, ferytales, etc.)

I like her attention to detail and her kindness as a moderator and how quickly she helped out with issues when they arose. And her vote counts always have flavour in them and she puts them up frequently and I can't word this as well as I'd like to but I think she's one of the better moderators on this site and I really enjoy her games.

I read enough of the Tarot link to agree with you. While I personally don't like too many images posted in game threads, this is certainly a personal preference and there is no denying the attention that fferyllt paid to trying to add flavor to that game. I assume her others are the same.

If my vote matters, I 2nd fferyllt (and I'm assuming that more than one scummy can be awarded for best mod, because I think that Cheetory deserves one too).

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”