Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:43 am

Post by Oversoul »

Paperback Writer
9/18 Oversoul Zaphkael viewtopic.php?p=11116902&user_select%5B ... #p11116902 In most games, I prefer minimalistic flavor. A dressing for a game of mafia. Zaphkael broke that preference. Project Arch featured wonderful flavor at every turn. The flavor in the role pms, day start posts, night start posts all added depth and robust complexity to the game. Advertised as bastard, the game featured some key information in the flavor. By including certain pieces of game information in the flavor, Zaphkael created a game within a game. But let's not overlook the flavor itself, which I think is integral to this scummy. The flavor set the game in a not-so distant, not so-unreal dystopian future after a war between national corporations. Zaph's story featured secret alliances, character development, and subtle world building that helped create an atmosphere different from many of the games recently run.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:38 am

Post by Oversoul »

Nth LLD
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Nom Volpe14 for Don Corleone. Not only did he fool the entire town into thinking an obvtown slot was somehow not obvtown but he even fooled the legendary scumhunting hydra of Celestial coordinates.

Will edit this post with more info at a later date
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:00 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Volpe didn’t do a trust tell.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:01 pm

Post by Oversoul »

You’re welcome to antinom it when it is officially nominated. If you wish to defend your poor play assumptions you can pm or use another method of communication.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:49 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Oh also nth Menalque nom. He’s a good guy
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:08 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Goodfellas
November 3, 2019 Oversoul Volpe14, Something_Smart, Wisdom, Kagami Baton Pass What a game for scum. Baton Pass is a unique mechanic where there are essentially 3 lynches per day cycle and the most town player is BP. The first day the scumteam lost half of its players leaving just Something_Smart and Volpe14. Both correctly played well in context with their two buddies so that they were not the strongly considered scum and got two mislynches right off the bat. Something_Smart went down next, but played very well setting up false associative tells with a number of townies. Volpe14 is the star of this scumteam as he was able to outlast several lynches and win in 3p LyLo going against the most town read player in the game and a fairly universal town read. He played the field perfectly in LyLo by presenting himself as the calm and collected townie. Going into that LyLo he had to make a series of incredibly hard choices on who to push for lynch and who to nightkill. He played off one of the remaining town member's paranoia perfectly (it should be noted that this remaining town member is the hydra of formerly proficient RC and ND39, which is nothing to scoff at). All in all Volpe knew how to ride the waves that his fallen teammates created. This is truly a great scum game.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by Oversoul »

The Modfather
December 13, 2019 Oversoul Skygazer There are too many to countSkygazer is the perfect candidate for The Modfather Scummie. She has a large body of work this year showcasing her excellent moderation skills. Timely responses to inquiries, clear rules, accurate vote counts, and most importantly fun games. Skygazer consistently does it all. She is the pedigree of moderator that every mod should strive to be. It is only doing this nomination that I realize she may have site flaked, which is a tragedy. Skygazer stands out from the crowd for the sheer amount of quality run games she has over the competition.

The Modfather
December 13, 2019 Oversoul northsidegal One, two, three .northsidegal may not have as large a body of work as Skygazer, but her quality of moderation is just as good, if not better. northsidegal is as consistent as they come when posting vote counts, clarity of her rules, answering players' questions, and OH MY GOD THE BEAUTIFUL PUBLIC COP ROLE PMS. I know there is not an award for best role pm, but through those role pms, northsidegal deserves to be in the conversation. Signing up for a northsidegal game you never have to worry about anything on the moderator side. I know northsidegal has not been as prolific as other moderators, but that should not diminish her accomplishments.

Don Corleone
December 13, 2019 Oversoul Flavor Leaf THE AMOUNT OF FL SCUM VICTORIES IS TOO DAMN HIGH! Yes. That is correct. That is 10. TEN. Scum victories (across various accounts) for Flavor Leaf. I do not think anyone else on the site has as many scum victories as Flavor Leaf. In each of those games, Flavor Leaf is not a quiet, lurker scum. He is not coasting by on the laurels of his town game (heh, have fun getting BoP'd, bud). He is actively involving himself in each game. Through a combination of breaking his own scum meta and a chaotic playstyle, Flavor Leaf has been able to pull the wool over many townies' eyes this year. Even when Flavor Leaf
isn't
as active in the game, he is still active in the mafia chat. He is teaching his partners on how to approach situations, identifying power roles, and even coming up with No Kill gambits. When it comes to scum, Flavor Leaf is not a one trick pony. He has finesse over every mafioso tool. Love him or hate him, Flavor Leaf as scum is a potent threat and deserves to be considered for this Scummie.

Don Corleone
December 13, 2019 Oversoul popsofctown Pops of c town popsofctown has been having a quietly successful year as scum. While she will tell you she is far from good at mafia, her body of work speaks for itself. She has shown great scumplay in numerous games this year, most notably in GIF's Deathlist game (under the "c" link) where pops was the defacto town leader and barely any townies even considered her as scum. pops nearly carried her scum team to a victory in the Starry Night dance game and even fooled a former paragon who happened to be spectating the game. pops has shown that she is fully capable of mimicking her town meta to the untrained eye, which makes her a deceptively difficult mafioso to catch. While not all of the games I linked are scum wins, they do show the depth of pops' skill as mafia.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:11 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 636, the worst wrote:Skyg also modded a tonne of super cool games in one huge bash when she had some more time/less big irl pressure - she was a Big Presence mod for about half this year. Nsg is definitely more of a quieter achiever - she's modded several opens which are just stunningly presented and very well modded. But she's kinda done it one at a time across the year.

They're good competing noms imo
This is an accurate summary of both individuals' 2019 modding history. After digging around a little bit more, it appears that NSG is only slightly less prolific than Skygazer. However, I was not aware of that fact when making the nomination.

Both individuals deserve to win in my eyes. May the best mod win!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:40 am

Post by Oversoul »

This space for nom
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:22 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 694, Alisae wrote:nom doesn't count it needs 1 more game
In post 662, Oversoul wrote:This space for nom
This was going to be an RC Paragon nomination. I will just add an addendum to Bitmap’s nomination to get it to 3 games.

In Baton Pass, RC correctly found all scum on Day 1 and Day 2. The only reason he did not lynch all the scum is because of a trust tell committed by one of the scum members and having his attention diverted by his hydra partner. When RC is alone and has full ability to play how he wants to play, he is devastating to play against as scum. While RC is not without his faults (he is quite an emotional Player), he deserves to be inconsideration for Paragon this year.

In Public Cop, RC found both scum literally within 3 pages of the game starting. I don’t think I have ever played with a person who is that good at catching scum. RC is so good that there have been times when people thought he was cheating because of how accurate he is. His consistency across YEARS let alone the games this year shows he is deserving of a Paragon nomination. It isn’t our fault he can tap into the collective consciousness of the universe and figure out who is scum that way.

In short, ban RC to Ubers.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:31 am

Post by Oversoul »

Paragon
12/19/19 bitmap RadiantCowbells Mini 2106 - Magia Record Fate Weave Semi-U-Pick
Magical Girls UPick - Heart of Shadow
Before I get into the game, I need to talk about RC and his "character". When you think of typical Paragon players, you imagine those charismatic scum hunters who are able to charm the rest of town into lynching scum. And sure, RC a few years ago might have started out like that. But no, that's not RC or at least where he is now.

When you first play against RC as scum, you assume he's just another player and your scum pt is more focused around how you'll play around town. A few pages in you and your whole scum team gets caught but you shrug it off thinking nothing will come out of it. Well, you're wrong. RC then grabs town and forcibly tells them how to vote causing town to just lynch scum after scum until they're all gone.

For the more experienced scum players who have to deal with town RC, they don't really talk about how to manipulate town. They talk about how the hell do we get RC out of this game and fast.

In Magical Girls U Pick, RC had all the scum correctly pegged on Day 1.

In Magia Record, RC nailed all the scum players within Day 1 and 2. It was pretty brutal and he forced all of town and managed to get them to sheep him.

RC isn't your typical Paragon player but he is definitely a Paragon tier player. He doesn't serenade town, he dictates the lynches. And he has amazing accuracy doing so. His white seal butt asserts dominance in every mafia game. He's probably the most deserving of Paragon this year.

In Baton Pass, RC correctly found all scum on Day 1 and Day 2. The only reason he did not lynch all the scum is because of a trust tell committed by one of the scum members and having his attention diverted by his hydra partner. When RC is alone and has full ability to play how he wants to play, he is devastating to play against as scum. While RC is not without his faults (he is quite an emotional Player), he deserves to be inconsideration for Paragon this year.

In Public Cop, RC found both scum literally within 3 pages of the game starting. I don’t think I have ever played with a person who is that good at catching scum. RC is so good that there have been times when people thought he was cheating because of how accurate he is. His consistency across YEARS let alone the games this year shows he is deserving of a Paragon nomination. It isn’t our fault he can tap into the collective consciousness of the universe and figure out who is scum that way.

year.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:03 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 708, Alisae wrote:
In post 697, Oversoul wrote:
Paragon
12/19/19 bitmap RadiantCowbells Mini 2106 - Magia Record Fate Weave Semi-U-Pick
Magical Girls UPick - Heart of Shadow
Before I get into the game, I need to talk about RC and his "character". When you think of typical Paragon players, you imagine those charismatic scum hunters who are able to charm the rest of town into lynching scum. And sure, RC a few years ago might have started out like that. But no, that's not RC or at least where he is now.

When you first play against RC as scum, you assume he's just another player and your scum pt is more focused around how you'll play around town. A few pages in you and your whole scum team gets caught but you shrug it off thinking nothing will come out of it. Well, you're wrong. RC then grabs town and forcibly tells them how to vote causing town to just lynch scum after scum until they're all gone.

For the more experienced scum players who have to deal with town RC, they don't really talk about how to manipulate town. They talk about how the hell do we get RC out of this game and fast.

In Magical Girls U Pick, RC had all the scum correctly pegged on Day 1.

In Magia Record, RC nailed all the scum players within Day 1 and 2. It was pretty brutal and he forced all of town and managed to get them to sheep him.

RC isn't your typical Paragon player but he is definitely a Paragon tier player. He doesn't serenade town, he dictates the lynches. And he has amazing accuracy doing so. His white seal butt asserts dominance in every mafia game. He's probably the most deserving of Paragon this year.

year.
In post 694, Alisae wrote:nom doesn't count it needs 1 more game
The rules do not say 3 games need to be linked, just that three games need to be submitted. I submitted 4 games so I don’t see the problem.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:15 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 715, Alisae wrote:Thank you Dann!
See Oversoul, was that so hard?
I’m mobile, so yes.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #824 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:11 am

Post by Oversoul »

If RC wins paragon does that mean I win DC because I beat him twice as scum?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #826 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:15 am

Post by Oversoul »

Just trolling you RC (magical girl)

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”