TM 2021 Large Normal 2: Wikipedia Integer Facts (Over)

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6188 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:21 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 6177, OkaPoka wrote:and then of course gotta say shoutout to dannflor for drawing the nightkill n1 because he was the sole person we thought that had the charisma, towniness, and leadership ability to break apart our entire plan and shepherd the townies to salvation. our only hesistation on not killing u was u were so charming that you'd be the obvious doc save and we only panic last second swapped to you.
Dann spent like the entire event looking for any excuse to help in our games because he was so sad he couldn't play. You took this game from him you monster, and I hope you can live with your choice. :P
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6189 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:35 pm

Post by Jingle »

BTW, Dann kept solving in this game after his death and his reads continued to be amazing even when I disagreed with him. You absolutely made the right call shooting him and he was the strongest player on our team by far.

The one time Dannflor is guaranteed not to betray me and scum picks him off first. :P
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6211 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:31 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 6192, Hopkirk wrote:don't stop coming
They did stop coming. He was elimmed. :P
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6212 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:51 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 6207, OkaPoka wrote:Setup wise, I am interested, what would you considered the ~ev of a setup like this to be? Not like "I think this is balanced" but I think this is 55/45 favoring x side etc.
EV is pretty much meaningless unless you can work out an optimal strategy for the setup, so with closed games it's pretty much not a thing.

With closed games you're more looking at the potential clears vs guilties, presumed mislims until scumwin, broken interactions, and comparing the setup to games that have previously been run with similar circumstances. While there are reviewers, like me, who will put things in % estimations for ease of use, that's not really a metric that has any real meaning. Honestly looking at the setup my gut tells me that town could have had a little less power given the nature of TM, and I probably would have made the BP a full BP instead of activated 2-shot while giving informed to a goon along with something net 0 to the other goon as a hint that vanilla wasn't a safe choice for a claim and to prevent unwanted setup based implications of VC being town. Still though, this is entirely within the range of what I'd approve as balanced for a closed large theme, and I don't play Normals often enough to know if they have a higher scumwin ratio.

There were 3 cleared-by-role players (Dann/jj/Dunn) and a further 0-3 clears from neap visits that didn't even need to be claimed by the neap (VT targeted by announcing Neapolitan can claim "Someone knows I'm town" the next day and the Neap flipping corroborates that entirely without outing them. VC and tracker weren't particularly likely to be helpful, but did give a slight chance for a guilty. Rolecop with 3 announcing roles was an odd choice, but not a bad one because scum needed to learn about the VC/Neap before massclaim.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”