Mini 1046 - Murder in the Desert (Game Over!)

Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Mini 1046 - Murder in the Desert (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:41 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Dawn. You squint against the sun seeping through the grimy window and groggily assess your environment. You are in an unfamiliar room, lying on a bed that seems to have served a stint as a blacksmith’s anvil before taking up residence beneath you. Scanning the walls you see peeling paint and the skeleton of a mirror, long since shattered. Slinging your legs over the side of the bed you scuff bare floorboards, discarded clothes, and several empty bottles, evidence of the drunken night you spent with the strangers you met in the smoky tavern below.
Your brain pounds painfully in your skull, trying to make sense of the situation. And slowly it comes back. The hard ride through the desert. The beating sun. The building on the bluff, shimmering in the heat. The toothless innkeeper, grinning and pointing you to a seat at the bar. And the others. Motionless, silent, twelve men - or were they statues? - slouched in the shadows of the room. You remember the uneasy air in the room, the presence of something felt but not seen. Studying your glass, you drank. And drank. And slowly the tavern filled with noise, but it was subdued, secretive,
skulking
. Eventually, you were led in a haze to your room, where you disrobed and collapsed onto your steel-enforced mattress.
You dress as you remember, and by the time you reach the present you have stepped into your boots and descended to the first floor. The room which last night was steeped in shadows has been flooded with light, and it is because of this you can easily see what has brought the other patrons into a loose circle in the middle of the room. The innkeeper lies dead on the floor, his blood already stained through the boards. And as you stare at this strange sight, you realize why the number twelve stayed in your head from the night before. Twelve men, one barkeep. Thirteen. And the first to rise was the first to die.
As you approach the circle a gruff voice speaks: “We’re all here now, so out with it - which of you’s the killer? We’re miles from civilization, the train’s not due fer days, so who did it?”
“Make no mistake we will find the party - or parties - responsible,” rasps another man, standing close to you.
“And when we do, you’ll pay, and dearly,” adds a third. Rumbles of approval run through the circle.
“Well, as my good man over there rightly pointed out, we’re not going anywhere,” you say evenly. “We’ll get to the bottom of this. But not with dry throats and parched tongues. Methinks there will be plenty of talk in this room today.”
You step behind the bar and grab a bottle of whiskey. The others follow suit.
“Now,” you say, once everyone has his preferred beverage in hand, “Let us begin.”

The Living:

Oso
Socrates
Oso
, Mafia Godfather, Wins!
Boberz, Mafia Goon, Wins!

The Dead:

The Innkeeper, killed in Pre-game

Bub Bidderskins, Mafia Roleblocker, lynched D1, Wins!

Cogito Ergo Sum, Townie, killed N1

xvart, Townie, lynched D2

Parama, Watcher, killed N2

Lowell, Townie, lynched D3

charter, Townie, lynched D4

DemonHybrid, Doctor, killed N4

WeaponsofMassConstruction, Townie, lynched D5
Xine, Townie, Endgamed D5
Slaxx, Townie, Endgamed D5
Last edited by Nicodemus on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:59 am, edited 16 times in total.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:19 am

Post by Nicodemus »

The Rules

1) Day Phases will be set at a length of (# of players alive + 7 days). This means that in the first Day, the deadline will be set at 19 days. Deadlines will be strictly enforced barring extreme situations (late Day replacements).

2) To vote to lynch,
bold
the word “vote” and the name of the player you wish to vote for.
Vote: Nicodemus
is an acceptable vote. You may use abbreviations of the player’s names, but make sure that they are easily comprehended. Unvotes, while not required, are much appreciated.

3) To vote to No Lynch,
bold
the word “vote” and the words “no lynch.”
Vote: No Lynch
is an acceptable vote.

4) A lynch occurs when the suspect has gained a true majority of votes. Thus, in a field of 12 players the lynchee must have 7 votes placed them before they are lynched, while a field of 11 players requires only 6 votes for a lynching.

5) If no true majority has been achieved by deadline, the player closest to lynch will be lynched. If two players are tied for the number of votes, the one who reached their total first will be lynched. No Lynch, necessarily, will occur ONLY if it is voted for specifically by the players. A true majority, however, is not required for a No Lynch to occur – merely 50% or greater of the participants must vote for it.

6) Players, including the lynched player, are allowed to post in-thread during the Twilight phase, or the time between a Lynch and Night. The Mafia is NOT allowed to post in their QuickTopic during Twilight (or Day, but this is more obvious).

7) Nights will last exactly 72 hours from the time the thread is locked until it is opened the following Day. Players with QuickTopics may use them at this time.

8) Lynched players from the previous Day are NOT permitted to make a “Bah” (or “Baw”) post. They should have gotten it out of their system the night before.

9) If you have any questions/concerns for me, please PM me or post “
@Mod: your question here
” in the thread. Your questions must be bolded or I may not see them.

10) You must post in-thread every 72 hours or you will receive a prod. If you do not respond to a prod within 24 hours you will be replaced.

11) If you are prodded more than three times in a game you will be replaced.

12) If you are going to be away from the thread please PM me about the absence or make a “V/LA” post in-thread. Failing to do so will get you replaced.

13) The flavor is present only to entertain and does not provide insight into the setup of the game or the alignment of the players.

14) Play to win, but have fun. Final interpretation of this rule is up to the Mod. This rule covers all topics ranging from personal attacks/derogatory posts to cheating in any way (discussing the game outside of this thread and designated Quicktopics, editing/deleting posts, posting in invisible or hard to read fonts, quoting or pretending to quote PMs from the mod, etc. This also means that flavor quoting, or even paraphrasing, is also illegal. The flavor was meant for you alone. Keep it that way). Breaking this rule may result in you being reprimanded, replaced or modkilled, at the discretion of the Mod.

15) A copy of the Vanilla Townie Role PM, which at least one player received:
Townie Role PM wrote:
XXXX
, you are a citizen who has stopped at the inn and is waiting for the train. You have no special skills except your ability to discern the truth, and your passion for justice. It appears that you will need both in the coming days.

You are a
Townie
. You win once all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Please PM me to confirm your participation in this game. You can find the game thread here. Good luck!
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:58 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Day 1 has begun!

Vote Count 1.01

Not Voting:
boberz, Bub Bidderskins, charter, Cogito Ergo Sum, DemonHybrid, Lowell, Oso, Parama, Slaxx, WeaponsofMassConstruction, Xine, xvart

to lynch.

Deadline for D1 can be found here
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:02 am

Post by boberz »

Boberz isnt voting!!! But he is here.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:15 am

Post by Slaxx »

Vote: parama
out of love. No homo.
WeaponsofMassConstruction
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:16 am

Post by WeaponsofMassConstruction »

Vote: Xine
for totally legitimate reasons.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:19 am

Post by Slaxx »

Boberz vote you have no reason not to.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:22 am

Post by boberz »

Correct I no longer do.

vote Slaxx

Primarilly for encouraging the RVS which we all know should not exist really.

But also because he had second thoughts and doubted himself. It is like he was too scared to ask me to vote in his first post, but then plucked up the courage. Scum have more reasons to be scared than town so I reckon Slaxx is the nearest we have to scum so far.

A nice proper serious vote for you slaxx.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:23 am

Post by xvart »

vote: boberz

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:27 am

Post by Slaxx »

I'm on my iPhone. That's a beautifully disguise omgus vote though, I must say. Also I commonly make two separate posts anyway. If you doubt me, o the sign up thread an see. Thanks :)
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:30 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Vote: Parama
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:39 am

Post by Slaxx »

Demon, have you nothing to say between boberz and I?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:42 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Not really. RVS and all that. Way too early to start making judgments about "OMGUS" votes however.

Faster we get a wagon up, though, the better.

You want this one.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:45 am

Post by boberz »

You think my vote was random?
And how do you expect to ever move on from the RVS if you do not poke and prod those who are trying to play properly (I credit you with that Slaxx).
Are wagons the only way to find scum? if not why wait for one?
---
Slaxx before you start talking about self meta pick any of my previous games and have a look.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:50 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Vote: Parama
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:50 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

RVS ends for different people at different times. I'm not ready to leave it yet. Things are starting to change.
Your vote: I'm not sure. It has a twist of randomness in it. Why do you think that Slaxx asking you to vote is encouraging RVS, however?
RVS wagons are the fastest way to leave RVS, not to find scum.

Unvote, Vote: boberz

Lets see what else you have to say. I might be ready to call off RVS after your next post.

You want this one.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Oso »

Hmph, seems that RVS might be getting over with rather quickly. No matter.

VOTE: xvart

If his performance in our last game is any indication, RVS might be my only opportunity to vote him the entire game.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:54 am

Post by boberz »

Nothing else to say CES?
RVS ends for different people at different times.
It just shouldnt exist full stop. So I am not even having this discussion.
Why do you think that Slaxx asking you to vote is encouraging RVS, however?
Becasue two random votes had just been laid down (including one from himself) so I just assumed he was encouraging a random vote.
RVS wagons are the fastest way to leave RVS, not to find scum.
How about we just never enter it, shocking idea. And everything should be geared to finding scum. I have no objections to RVS wagons though.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:56 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

boberz wrote:
It just shouldnt exist full stop. So I am not even having this discussion.
But...it does.

??

You're trying too hard to look town. I like my vote and RVS is over for me.
boberz wrote: Becasue two random votes had just been laid down (including one from himself) so I just assumed he was encouraging a random vote.
Assuming makes an ass out of u and me.
boberz wrote: How about we just never enter it, shocking idea. And everything should be geared to finding scum. I have no objections to RVS wagons though.
You're contradicting yourself a bit. You want to never enter RVS, but have no objections to RVS wagons?

Also, again, trying too hard to look town. I'm really liking my vote, so it stays.

You want this one.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:03 am

Post by boberz »

But...it does
But it doesnt have to.
Assuming makes an ass out of u and me
Perhaps, what do you think he meant?
You're contradicting yourself a bit. You want to never enter RVS, but have no objections to RVS wagons?
If there is RVS, then RVS wagons are good. I prefer not having RVS and having nice big juicy proper wagons.
trying too hard to look town
No such thing.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:12 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

boberz wrote: But it doesnt have to.
Like 90% of the time, there is some form of RVS. You saying that you hate it that much that you'd rather see it completely gone instead of having a realistic view on RVS tells me that you're trying too hard to look town.

boberz wrote:Perhaps, what do you think he meant?
The opposite. Asking you to vote is actually promoting the
END
of RVS. Why did you think the opposite?

boberz wrote:If there is RVS, then RVS wagons are good. I prefer not having RVS and having nice big juicy proper wagons.
I'm thinking you're trying to cover yourself. I will give you the benefit of the doubt here, however. Word things more carefully.
boberz wrote: No such thing.
What?

Looking like town and -trying too hard- to look like town are two different things. And yes, you can try too hard to look town. That's why people say that certain statements or arguments seem forced.

You want this one.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:19 am

Post by Oso »

WeaponsofMassConstruction wrote:
Vote: Xine
for totally legitimate reasons.
Some history there maybe? If that isn't a total joke, the story behind it might be good before we really get into the meat of the game.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:22 am

Post by boberz »

Looking like town and -trying too hard- to look like town are two different things. And yes, you can try too hard to look town. That's why people say that certain statements or arguments seem forced.
Maybe... (enter a theory discussion here).... But there is no point in us discussing it. Needless to say I kind of disagree but not enough for it to matter.

But essentially we should all be trying to look town. And being forced and trying too hard mean slightly different things to me, but if you are using them as synonyms then carry on I can deal with that.
The opposite. Asking you to vote is actually promoting the END of RVS. Why did you think the opposite?
I still think he was asking me for a random vote, if you truly believe random votes are the way to stop RVS then we really need to go to MD. I do not believe he was asking me for a stretched forced real vote (what he got).
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:25 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

boberz wrote:I still think he was asking me for a random vote, if you truly believe random votes are the way to stop RVS then we really need to go to MD. I do not believe he was asking me for a stretched forced real vote (what he got).
I see it as asking you for a vote so that he could comment on it and try to end RVS faster. Which he did.

You want this one.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:35 am

Post by boberz »

I see it as asking you for a vote so that he could comment on it and try to end RVS faster. Which he did.
He ended RVS? I am taking credit for it.

A vote was always coming in my next post. You really do need to look at one of my past games.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”