InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Mini 1117 - Manhattan Special - [GAME OVER]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:45 am

Post by InflatablePie »

You're no stranger to the dark streets of Manhattan. You know the rules. You know how the game is played. It used to be safe to roam the streets at night (to an extent), but not now... not anymore. Thirteen of you have assembled here and hung a noose in Central Park. By the time the sun sets, someone will be hung. When the sun rises, your best friend might turn up dead. You think you’re prepared for the bloodshed… well, we’ll see about that.

Can the residents of this town outwit the scum? Or will the scum destroy the town from the inside? Well... heh... we’ll just have to wait and see, now won’t we?

Spoiler: Alive on D7 (3/13)
6. Midnight's Sorrow
7. Substrike22
8. Erratus Apathos

Spoiler: Dead (10/13)
4. ShadoWolf -
Vanilla Townie
, lynched D1
11. GreyICE -
Jack-of-all-Trades
, died N1.

9. Internet Stranger -
Mafia Roleblocker
, lynched D2.

Pergol
NavyCherub -
Cop
, died N2.
TheLonging
Nexus -
Bodyguard
, died N3.
ConfidAnon
Fugitive -
Vanilla Townie
, lynched D4.
el simo
AGar -
Vanilla Townie
, died N4.

2. saporovirus -
Mafia Goon
, lynched D5.

CrazyQuestions
LynchMePls -
Vanilla Townie
, died N5.
1. Empking -
Vanilla Townie
, died N6.

Replacements:
- n/a

Important Links:
Rules -
important!

Day 1 Start / Day 1 End
Day 2 Start / Day 2 End
Day 3 Start / Day 3 End
Day 4 Start / Day 4 End
Day 5 Start / Day 5 End
Day 6 Start / Day 6 End
Day 7 Start /
Day 7 End (Game Over)
Last edited by InflatablePie on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 29 times in total.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:46 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Pie's Rules:

0. Have fun! Try not to take things too personally - remember, it's just a game. In addition, please do not purposely try and ruin a player’s game experience. Being harsh for reactions is fine, to an extent – use common sense and judgment to determine if you are going “too far”. In other words, no flaming, please.

1. Do
NOT
quote anything directly from the GameMod. Obviously, rules, flavor, vote counts, etc. are okay to quote - this mostly applies to Role PMs and whatnot. In addition, do
NOT
link anyone to any QuickTopics that you have been given, to
ANYONE

2. Do
NOT
talk to anyone outside of this thread during the Day Phase. In addition, you may only talk to certain players at Night IF and ONLY IF it is part of your role (and is stated in your Role PM). If it is not stated that you may communicate with another player, you may not do so. Anyone found violating this rule shall be modkilled and autolossed. This rule still applies to dead players - keep all game-related comments in the "dead thread".

3. To vote for a player, use the following format (in
BOLD
):
Vote: User
. To unvote, simply say
Unvote
, again in bold. Unvotes are
required
- for my sanity, votes without a previous unvote will not be counted. If the vote is not bolded, due to no tags or tag error (or some other reason) it will not count. A player that receives a majority of votes (50% of the number of players + 1) will be lynched and the game will enter Twilight. Once a player has been lynched, any further votes and unvotes will not be counted.

4. You may vote for a no lynch on any day. If an even number of players are alive, a no lynch requires that exactly half of the living players vote for it (6/12, for example). If an odd number of players are alive, a no lynch requires the same number of votes as a lynch would (4/7, for example).

5. Day 1 will have a set deadline of roughly two weeks and four days. Each Day Phase after Day 1 will last for approximately two weeks. Deadline extensions may be given in certain circumstances, such as replacements coming in close to deadline. If a lynch has not been reached by the deadline, there will be No Lynch. Night phases will last for about 72 hours.

6. Any player who does not post for 72 consecutive hours will be prodded. If they fail to post within 24 hours of me sending the prod, they will be replaced. Any player who is prodded five times in one game OR four times within a two-game-Day span OR three times in one game-Day will be replaced outright. Exceptions may be made on an individual basis for players who post in-thread announcing absences ahead of time (otherwise known as V/LA).

7. Please
try
to make at least one post per real-life day. Multiple posts in one day are even better. If you won’t be posting for roughly 48 hours or more, please let both your fellow players and myself know in-thread (
@Mod/Players: V/LA for *amount of time*
). If you are taking a very large V/LA (a week is pushing it), I reserve the right to replace you.

8. Once you are lynched or nightkilled, you are dead. You are allowed to make one "bah" post about how you hate being a zombie, or how tasty brains are, or whatever. This post may
not
contain any game-related content. Please refrain from posting in the thread for the remainder of the game - you will receive a link to a "dead thread" to discuss the game with other dead players. You may post normally during the Twilight of your impeding lynch, if you wish.

9. Dark red is my mod color. Please try not to use it in-thread.

10. Do not use color tags, size tags, random capitalization and symbols, etc. to be intentionally disruptive. Do not use size tags to create barely readable secret messages (this includes Size 0, of course). In addition, refrain from using encryptions such as steganography or cryptography.

11. Just because I'm “The Mod Your God” doesn’t mean that I’m perfect. If you feel that any kind of mistake was made (vote count, deadline information or anything else), send a PM to me or ask in-thread. I will respond via PM if asked by PM, and in-thread if asked in-thread. I will not address any questions related to the setup or things like that, nor will I answer anything pertaining to your role in-thread (ask these questions via PM, please).

12. I will try to have a vote count up every few pages; at the
minimum
, once per real life day. If you feel that I have gone too long without putting up a vote count, feel free to ask for a vote count in-thread. To ask for a vote count, say something like
@Mod: Vote Count/Totals
and I will have a count up ASAP.

13. If you feel that this game is no longer fun, or it is is no longer something that you wish to be involved with, or if a personal issue has come up that requires you stop playing my game, etc., you may PM me asking to be replaced. All requests for replacement will be taken seriously, so do not jokingly send me a replacement request. If you are replaced, you are not allowed back into the slot you have been dropped from, nor are you allowed to post in the game thread until endgame.

Elastic Clause: I may make changes to these rules as I see fit. If I ever make any major changes (outside of spelling/grammar, rewording for clarification, etc.), it will be announced in-thread as soon as possible. I assure you, no changes will be made specifically to punish any participant(s) or anything like that.

---

This is a closed setup. Here is the Vanilla Townie Role PM:
Vanilla Townie wrote: Welcome to Manhattan Special, Player.

You are a
Vanilla Townie
(wiki). You may use your voice and vote to catch the scum during Day. You have no abilities at Night.

You win when all anti-town factions are dead and at least one pro-town player remains.

The game thread is located here. Please reply back with the name of your role, to confirm that you have read your Role PM.
Last edited by InflatablePie on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:46 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Role PMs will be out within the hour.

Role PMs have been sent out! Please PM me back with your role in order to confirm, as outlined in your role PM.

Once we have 10 confirms, the game will start.

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:27 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Now that ten have confirmed...

The streets of Manhattan were illuminated by the bright rays of the rising sun. Months of bloodshed have brought you all here. The crime rate of this city - your city - has skyrocketed in the last week alone. Now, it's time for an end to the carnage. How it ends is determined by both your actions and the actions of your fellow townspeople.

Thirteen of you stand here today. The guilty are among this group, attempting to snuff out the last rays of light in this burning town. The rest of you are given the task of eliminating the cold-blooded killers among you and saving this town from complete destruction. Which side will prove victorious?

Someone has created a makeshift noose, now hanging from a tree in Central Park. The group decides to make themselves comfortable. Some sit on nearby benches. One leans up against a tree, while another lays on the slightly wet grass. Then, the group begins to talk...

It is now Day 1. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch or 7 to No Lynch. The deadline is in 18 days - Saturday, February 12th, at 12PM EST. Begin.

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:35 am

Post by GreyICE »

Oh look! I'm the first one posting. This means that I'm the last one to send in confirmation, because I was busy talking in the quicktopic and didn't want it ruined.

VOTE: GreyICE
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:37 am

Post by GreyICE »

Wait, shit, no, that doesn't make any sense. I want to talk to these people a little longer. Oh well.

Unvote

Vote: Pergol

Pergol is scum, he was busy talking to me in the quicktopic just now. It makes it obvious.

Hey mod, thanks for this really useful quicktopic link, it makes it easy to find all the scum.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: Grey
- Caimed scum then redacted it. Not a random vote.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:47 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

I have never seen anyone do something as ridiculous as Grey is doing. Im going to jump on this bandwagon for three reasons:

1) I have never seen a bandwagon materialize from the first post of a game. (In this case, two in a row)
2) I hate waiting around for three pages for a good discussion to materialize from all the RVS garbage. I hate RVS.
2a) This is a good starting discussion as anything.
3) What Grey is doing is just dumb.

Vote GreyICE
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
CrazyQuestions
CrazyQuestions
Goon
CrazyQuestions
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:52 am

Post by CrazyQuestions »

Vote GreyIce

I wanted to vote for you using your name in the vote !!!
CrazyQuestions
CrazyQuestions
Goon
CrazyQuestions
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:58 am

Post by CrazyQuestions »

We have a curious "Strange" phenomenon to play with...

1 post
2 times calling dumb or similar to grey
3 reasons for his vote !!
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:05 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Oh dont you start going all crazy on me, Crazy. I said that what Grey is DOING is ridiculous and dumb. I never said HE was dumb. Grey maybe thought he was going to be all cheeky and clever and its horribly backfiring on him.

Thats why he earns being the topic of discussion today. Is this worth getting rid of him? If so, how quick? What can we gleam from trying to lynch him? What would the scum do? Can we do this without swimming in a pool of WIFOM?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
CrazyQuestions
CrazyQuestions
Goon
CrazyQuestions
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:11 am

Post by CrazyQuestions »

"Strange" phenomenon updated. The regularity remains...

4 serious words consecutively used in a post: (rid, quick, lynch, scum)
ShadoWolf
ShadoWolf
Townie
ShadoWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:53 am

Post by ShadoWolf »

Internet Stranger wrote:I hate RVS.
Doesn't mean you can push a BW on someone who clearly made 2 RVS posts. Calling his posts dumb isn't a great move, either, as they were RVS posts. The fact you needed reasons for a vote in RVS is also suspect, but forgiveable for now.

VOTE: CrazyQuestions: Looks like I've got the CrazyAnswers for him. :lol:
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:56 am

Post by Empking »

ShadoWolf wrote:
Internet Stranger wrote:I hate RVS.
Doesn't mean you can push a BW on someone who clearly made 2 RVS posts. Calling his posts dumb isn't a great move, either, as they were RVS posts. The fact you needed reasons for a vote in RVS is also suspect, but forgiveable for now.

I like this post not all. If only I had two votes... (admittedly if I did have two I'd use them both on Grey but you understand, right?)

Everyone who votes after this post for a player who is not SW or Grey needs to provide a reason for doing so.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Crazy exactly what are you trying to saw with the "4 serious words"? Someone's actually trying to take Grey's post seriously? I don't even understand Crazy's points on IS, though.

Awfully opportunistic to take something like that and hop straight onto a wagon. IS I do think much argument over Gray's initial post leads back to a whole mess of WIFOM. I also think it's interesting that you pointed that out while also being on board with the wagon. IGMOY Stranger. Especially since last game you were all pro-anything-crazy and this game you seem more apprehensive about it. In 2a you state you hate RVS, and what Gray has done has pulled us straight out of RVS on the first post of the game. So why do you think what Gray did was dumb, and worthy of a vote, other than claiming scum? It ended RVS so essentially your interests were aligned in this area.

p-edit: Shadow, why are you calling Crazy out when there are clear flaws in IS' post, which Crazy is actually pointing out?

Also, EMPKing, get back here and explain more other than "Gray claimed scum and redacted". That vote seems awfully opportunistic this early and I don't like how the wagon shot up in numbers so quickly.

VOTE: ShadowWolf

p-edit, p-edit: EMP don't tell people who they can and cannot vote for, that's scummy and it looks like you're trying to control the votes. Personally I'm finding your play just as suspect as Shadow's right now.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:08 am

Post by Substrike22 »

EBWOP: Re-read SW and find his point to be different from what I thought, so I'm going to
UNVOTE: Shadow
VOTE: EMPKing
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Empking »

[quote="Substrike22"]
p-edit, p-edit: EMP don't tell people who they can and cannot vote for,[/quote[

Quote please.

Also seriously. "EMPKing, get back here and explain more other than "Gray claimed scum and redacted". That vote seems awfully opportunistic this early and I don't like how the wagon shot up in numbers so quickly."

This is ... I don't even. Can a member of the town mind telling me if that quote is as scummy, reaching, chainsaw-using and inane as I think. (Seriously, he thinks I used my magical scum powers to cause a wagon to shoot up? Actually. He thinks three votes is "shot up in numbers"?)

Sub, Grey and SW calling it now.
ShadoWolf
ShadoWolf
Townie
ShadoWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:16 am

Post by ShadoWolf »

Substrike22 wrote:p-edit: Shadow, why are you calling Crazy out when there are clear flaws in IS' post, which Crazy is actually pointing out?
That vote was RVS. The CrazyAnswers thing was just a pun, nothing more.
ShadoWolf
ShadoWolf
Townie
ShadoWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:19 am

Post by ShadoWolf »

Empking wrote:Sub, Grey and SW calling it now.
Read this as:
Empking wrote:EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS MAFIA!!!
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Empking »

ShadoWolf wrote:
Read this as:
Pleae quote where Grey disagreed with me. Please quote where you disagreed with me!

A better quote would be.
Empking wrote: GREY AND EVERYONE WHO TRIES TO DEFEND GREY IS MAFIA!!!
CrazyQuestions
CrazyQuestions
Goon
CrazyQuestions
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:30 am

Post by CrazyQuestions »

ShadoWolf wrote: Calling his posts dumb isn't a great move, either, as they were RVS posts. The fact you needed reasons for a vote in RVS is also suspect, but forgiveable for now.
I assume that (you parroting me) + (you voting for me) implies that your vote is random :)
substrike wrote: Crazy exactly what are you trying to saw with the "4 serious words"?
Post 10. Read the four consecutive rhetoric questions of Internet Stranger. Introducing such four
serious
words after a
random
vote by Grey is kinda a curious phenomenon.
substrike wrote: Awfully opportunistic to take something like that and hop straight onto a wagon.
My vote on Grey is 100% independent of his initial post. I would have voted for him no matter the number of votes he had when I posted (except probably L-few situation). My words for him express the reason of my vote, which is totally unrelated to this game.
substrike wrote: I also think it's interesting that you pointed that out while also being on board with the wagon.
That might be interesting if I would consider Grey's action scummy (and attacking one of his voters and blabla). As I do not find his action scummy, it is completely natural to point out how Internet Stranger's post is worth-reading. Let's see another example of curious practices:

a) Shadow points out IS' post curiousity (indeed, just parrots me)
b) You point out to IS' post curiosity
substrike wrote: IGMOY Stranger.
c) You vote for Shadow

These practices have names. Sorry for describing them without their proper name (indeed, the episode includes a similar thing involving the triple Shadow-Me-You...a very curious post that of yours) :)
substrike wrote: Personally I'm finding your play just as suspect as Shadow's right now.
You STOLE my words !!!
However, I will avoid using them, because: (i) in my case, YOUR refers to substrike instead of empking, and that might create confusion in the audience and (ii) I like slow play and I would not use the word suspect for these episodes...
ShadoWolf
ShadoWolf
Townie
ShadoWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:42 am

Post by ShadoWolf »

@CrazyQuestions:
ShadoWolf wrote:
Substrike22 wrote:p-edit: Shadow, why are you calling Crazy out when there are clear flaws in IS' post, which Crazy is actually pointing out?
That vote was RVS. The CrazyAnswers thing was just a pun, nothing more.
@Empking:
Empking wrote:
Empking wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:
Read this as:
Pleae quote where Grey disagreed with me. Please quote where you disagreed with me!

A better quote would be.
Empking wrote: GREY AND EVERYONE WHO TRIES TO DEFEND GREY IS MAFIA!!!
You think Grey is Mafia. I disagree. Not a quote, but there we are. Your version also fits though.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Empking »

ShadoWolf wrote:]You think Grey is Mafia. I disagree. Not a quote, but there we are. Your version also fits though.
I would like everybody to note that SW is calling Grey non-mafia when Grey has only made two posts (and those posts being 1st and 2nd along with being random.).
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Crazy for the record, the entirety of the second paragraph of my first post was aimed at IS and not you. Sorry for the confusion there, and that kind of addresses your above 4th point about what might be interesting.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Substrike22 »

EMP, here's the quote where you try to bully people's voting:

"Everyone who votes after this post for a player who is not SW or Grey needs to provide a reason for doing so."

While that's not telling people not to vote outside of the box, that's still a form of asserting you're an alpha in the group because you're making people justify whatever action they take. While I agree there should be justifications on votes, this applys to everyone, voting for anyone, regardless of whom is being voted for or whom is doing the voting.

Also, unrelated: Crazy you and I find IS's post "curious" for two very different reasons. Additionally, "curious" does not equal "scummy" in my book, without hearing out his explanations.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”