Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Mini 1032 [ReBoot Mafia] -~GAME OVER~-

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Nikanor »

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to Mainframe, land of the slightly less free than we ought to be. I'm your host for this evening, MIKE THE T.V.! If you'd like, I can offer you a tour around the system for only ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-niiine!
W-what, you actually want a tour? O-o-okay, let's get started then! Ahahahaaa....
If you look to the left, you'll see the Eight-Ball Apartments, meaning we are in the Kits sector, home of Bob, the best guardian this system has ever seen. I remember this one time, we got stuck in a game and I saved everyone, including Bob, earning their eternal love.
Moving on, next up is Baudway sector, Mainframe's main shopping hub. And if you look to the left again, you'll see Dot's Diner, a good place to relax and enjoy good fast food (if you don't mind the terrible service).
If you prefer slow food, you're in luck, because the best slow food restaurant in Mainframe is located in the next sector - Ghetty Prime. Al's Restaurant has been running for minutes, and let me tell you, it is the best slow food you will ever enjoy. The crowd there is great, too, assuming you don't mind being jumped by the viral binomes that always lurk there.

"Excuse me, but what's that big run-down building in the middle there?"

Oh that? It's nothing! We don't use it anymore because it's so run-down and hazardous. There's really nothing in there worth seeing. Anyway, let's move on to Wall Street-

"Let's go inside! It doesn't look like it's going to go offline any time soon. In fact, I can still see power running to it."

*Sigh* Okay, okay, the customer is always right as they say, but before we go just let me get you to sign these waivers here... and here....

As you walk inside the crumbling building, you can see that there isn't much of a difference on the inside. The dusty and cracked walls tell of minutes, maybe hours of neglect. The place is abandoned from what you can see, but off in the distance you can hear the echoes of a heated argument taking place.

"I wonder where that noise is coming from..."

Are you sure you guys don't want to check out the read-only room? There's lots of, uh, files for your, uhhh, integration? Or maybe you'd rather check out the office of the legendary command.com of this sector, Dot? No? Well maybe you'd rather go grab a bite to eat at Al's diner, only a millisecond's walk away!

"Come on Mike, let's go check it out! It can't be that dangerous, right?"

No, I suppose not... hey wait, I'm the tour guide here! I'm the one who is supposed to lead you into new, exciting and possibly life-threatening areas. Follow me onward, young adventurers, to where nary a sprite has boldly gone as boldly as we are going now! To the atrium!

As you approach the atrium, you can tell that this is the place from where the echoes are originating. A number of figures have taken accusatory stances, and there are a few pleading sprites, presumably begging for something. As you get closer, you can start to make out what the voices are saying.

"-king to him on the way here! I just know they were planning sabotage."

"I was talking to him about more efficient energy usage in the Beverly Hills sector. The topic of sabotage wasn't even mentioned."

"You expect us to take your word for it? How do we know you're not lying?"

"You don't. You'll just have to trust me when I say that I didn't sabotage the mission."

Aaaand here you have it folks! A saboteur on an important mission to the principal office, possibly a plan to retake the principal office from Megabyte's fearful clutches. Ehm, can I ask what exactly happened?

"Sure you can, Mike. This guy here alerted the virals of our plans, and now we're locked out of the war room until we can figure a way in, or until somebody opens the door. And since neither of those things seem to be happening any time soon, we're just laying on our hands trying to figure out who exactly sold us out."

Oooookay then! Locked in this stunning, mortal battle of wits to find the traitors among them, the heroes of Mainframe are currently stalled at the enemy's gates. Will they be able to survive, or will they be utterly annihilated by their own lust for revenge?

"MIKE! Will you cut it out and help us already?"

No thanks, I think I'll just watch.

Still running

Iecerint
jmj3000

nopointinactingup
SharkFinn
Caycedo

Thor665
TheLoneWolf
Uite

Defragmented beyond recompilation

ZONEACE
-
Megabyte, Trojan Horse Virus
- Lynched day one.

DTMaster
julienvonwolfe
-
Bob, Jack of a Few Trades
- Ripped apart night one.

MehPlusRawr
-
Mouse, Eavesdropper
- Lynched day two.

MagnaofIllusion
-
Cyrus, Cowardly Double Lyncher
- Erased night two.

Tazaro
-
Hexadecimal the Virus, Townie
- Lynched day three.

AGar
-
Captain Capacitor, Neighbor
- Ripped apart night three.
Last edited by Nikanor on Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 18 times in total.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Nikanor »

The Rules:

General Rules:

Don't be a jerk. This is rule #1 in every game, since games are supposed to be fun, and games are not fun when someone is being a jerk.
You may not communicate with other players outside the game thread unless your role allows it.
Do not edit posts. Most of you cannot edit posts anyway, so this shouldn't be a problem.
Once you are dead, you're dead. Like, completely devoid of life. And people who are completely devoid of life may not post in the thread.
You may not quote any private communication with me or other players. You're not even allowed to claim the time at which I or another player sent you a message.
Do not post in small font, white text, spoiler tags, or any other form of hidden message. You may not post in any language other than English.
Play to win, etc.
Do not reference ongoing games. You may reference games once they are completed, but not before.
Indigo
is the colour I'll use to post vote counts, edit things into other people's posts, etc. Do not impersonate me.
If you have a question or concern, or if you think that I may have made an error, do not hesitate to ask in-topic or by pm. Be sure to bold requests directed at me so that I see them.
If you choose to violate a rule, I will punish you. That might mean a modkill, which is the ending of your life by moi. I'll reveal your role in-topic, then change it to Neutral Survivor so that you automatically lose. If you are town, the day will end, but if you are mafia, the day will continue. I don't like having to modkill people, so try not to break the rules. I'm also pretty understanding, so don't freak out if you accidentally break a rule.

Voting, Lynching, and Deadlines:

Votes must be bolded. For example,
Vote: Mike the T.V.
You may unvote by typing
Unvote.
Some mods require you to unvote before changing your vote, but I am a kind mod, and as a kind mod, I do not require you to unvote before changing your vote.
I'll try to post vote counts once per day, but don't be too surprised if I miss a day.
Once a lynching majority has been reached, the game will go into twilight. You may continue to talk during twilight until I get to locking the thread. Once I lock the thread, the game will go into the night phase.
You may also vote for no lynch to happen on that day by typing
Vote: No lynch.
A no-lynch still requires a majority vote to go through.
Some mods require only half a majority to lynch at deadline, but I am a cruel mod, and as a cruel mod, I still require a full majority to reach a lynch at deadline.
If a majority has not been reached by the deadline, a no-lynch will occur, and the game will go into night. I don't care if your hammer vote came one minute after deadline, it doesn't count. If you don't like it, don't wait until the last minute.
Each day will have strict three-week deadlines. Extensions will be given only in extreme circumstances, but always feel free to ask.

Night Phase:

Night lasts for 72 hours, but might be extended if I need a replacement.
If you are going to be away for the duration of the night phase, you may send your night action in early. Night will not be extended for a player's absence.

Prodding and Stuff:

If a player fails to post for 72 consecutive hours, he will be prodded. If that player does not post for another 48 hours after he's been prodded, he'll be replaced.
Prods are available upon request. These count as official prods.
I like to mass-prod if I feel discussion is lacking. Don't be surprised to have your inbox filled by my spam.
If you are going away, or if you have limited access to the site, notify me by pm or in-topic so that I know not to prod or replace you.

Theme Rules:

A
green
role means you are town, a
red
role means you are mafia1, a
blue
role means you are mafia2, and a
purple
role means you are third-party. I may use all or some of these colours. If I am only using one mafia group, the colour will be randomly chosen between red and blue.
Dark blue
reveals are reserved for modkills and whatnot.
A
(P)
ability is a passive ability. It is not usable and is instead used whenever the specified condition is met. Passive abilities cannot be blocked.
An
(A)
ability is an active ability. It is usable. You may only use one active ability per phase, unless your role specifies otherwise. Active abilities may be blocked.
An
(F)
ability is a factional ability. There is no limit to the number of factional abilities you may use each phase, but only one person in your faction may use it at a time. Factional abilities may be blocked.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:11 am

Post by Nikanor »

All roles are out! Please confirm in-thread as soon as possible. I'll start once ten people have confirmed. Anyone who hasn't confirmed within 48 hours will be replaced.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

/confirm
Late twenties, early Thursdays
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

/confirm
Justice will prevail
\m/
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

hi.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:59 pm

Post by AGar »

if AGar in game
then
/confirm
else
terminate
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Caycedo
Caycedo
Goon
Caycedo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by Caycedo »

/confirm
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by Uite »

/confirm
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:36 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

/confirm
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:38 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Glitch, confirmation bit!
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:42 am

Post by Tazaro »

/Confirm
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:45 am

Post by jmj3000 »

/confirm
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

Ready to mend and defend.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Tazaro »

Start, mod. There's something I feel I would be responsible to disclose...
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Aaaand it is now Day One! Go forth heroes; find the traitorous wretches among you and let them hang 'til deleted.

----------

Vote Count 1.0

Not Voting (12)
- jmj3000, nopointinactingup, ZONEACE, Caycedo, AGar, Thor665, MagnaofIllusion, TheLoneWolf, Uite, Tazaro, julienvonwolfe, MehPlusRawr

With twelve players alive, seven votes are required to lynch.

Deadline falls on Thursday September 16 at 05:15 UTC.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Vote: AGar

It is scientifically impossible for he and I to be in one game for longer then a day together - might as well make sure it's him and not me.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Ok Taz, based on things I can't discuss because of ongoing games I'm going to give you until page six to prove you can actually play in a way that is useful to the town before placing a policy vote on you.

In lieu of the policy vote, I'll go ahead and VOTE: nopo for having the longest name in the game
Caycedo
Caycedo
Goon
Caycedo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by Caycedo »

Tazaro wrote:Start, mod. There's something I feel I would be responsible to disclose...
Explain?

Vote: Tazaro
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Unvote: AGar
Vote: ZONEACE

Policy lynch discussion, vague threats, mentioning how he won't be able to justify his acts?

Wagon of pure win, we have cookies!
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Thor665 wrote:
Unvote: AGar
Vote: ZONEACE

Policy lynch discussion, vague threats, mentioning how he won't be able to justify his acts?

Wagon of pure win, we have cookies!

I can't discuss it because of on going games, but if you'd take a few minutes to do a little research you'd be able to figure out what I'm talking about, please stop being stupid. It's really useless. Also, the threat wasn't vague, it was VERY specific. I told taz, if he couldn't prove himself useful in this game he'd get a policy vote. Vague threat would have been,
taz, you better not look at me wrong, or something bad'll happen

FOS thor
for jumping votes for no reason.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

ZONEACE wrote:please stop being stupid. It's really useless.
[snip]
FOS thor
for jumping votes for no reason.
:D Awesome!

Also, why do you believe it was so inappropriate for me to leave the AGar wagon? Did you see a strong case there I'm missing and/or avoiding?
Caycedo
Caycedo
Goon
Caycedo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by Caycedo »

ZONEACE wrote:Ok Taz, based on things I can't discuss because of ongoing games I'm going to give you until page six to prove you can actually play in a way that is useful to the town before placing a policy vote on you.

In lieu of the policy vote, I'll go ahead and VOTE: nopo for having the longest name in the game

Zoneace, is your formatting of your vote here done for any specific reason?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:23 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

its the vote tag
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe